RULES OF NATURE V2

• RULES OF NATURE!

Ladies and Gentlemen's, welcome to RULES OF NATURE. The first rule of nature is: You do not talk about RULES OF NATURE. The second rule of nature is: You do not talk about RULES OF NATURE.

Rule #69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): no rigging allowed. (Unless you me lul)
    Rule #420: pass it around.
    Rule #666: Woe to you, oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, Because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, For it is a human number. Its number is Six hundred and sixty six.
    Rule #9001: IT'S OVER

How to win: once we reach 2000 posts, we look at page 100 and calculate the winning post number by subtracting from/adding to 2000 depending on who posted in that page. mod/gm: -3, normal user: -2. (additional modifiers may apply, see: special trophies)

let's say the page has 12 user posts and 8 by gm/mod, that means the winning number would be -48.
    so the winner of the thread would be post #1952. the 2nd and 3rd place goes to the first 2 unique users who posted before that. credits to Kacchan for the idea.

Special trophies/awards/achievements/titles: those will be awarded to whom achieve the great numbers. and a modifier will apply if they post on page 100. (e.g: a normal user who got Answer to Life will have + 1 on his posts)

Title Post # Modifier
    Answer to Life 42 +1
    Happy New Year ! 365 +3
    Lilo & Stitch 626 +2
    It's an Emergency ! 911 +3
    Endgame 1980 +5

Additional notes:

How to open the new thread version:

RULES OF NATURE V1 winners:
    #1: @Pinkamena
    #2: @Morgoth
    #3: @Jekyll

RULES OF NATURE V1 awards:
    Lenny : @darkness-metal
    LIT BOI : @Jekyll
    The Beast : @Kacchan

Power Elite : @Pinkamena

links to previous edition : https://board.en.nostale.gamef…ES-OF-NATURE-V1/?pageNo=1

You called me again, drunk in your Benz
    Driving home under the influence
    You scared me to death, but I'm wasting my breath
    'Cause you only listen to your 'ucking friends

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

• RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGED

standing here, i realize.. you were just like me trying to rig RoN V1
    but who's to judge the right from wrong? when both our posts are down i think we'll both agree
    that riggggggging breeds rigging, but in the end it has to be this way

RULES OF NATURE!

• ok so going off RoN V1 ending, the main issue there to me was the fact that the winning number ended up being more than 2000. and that's an issue because it could lead to stalemate/people lurking to be the winner. the whole point of the thread was to encourage people to post more rather than keep lurking to snipe the win.

so, my idea to solve that is: making awards modifier apply one time only and has to be activated by the user who got it, and they can chose not to use it.

this would allow for higher values for those awards, and more uncertainty because it could be used at any point and drastically change the winning number. activation can be anywhere from obtaining the award till the 1999th post.

the range of modifiers has to be so that if all modifiers were used the winning number would not exceed 2000. example: currently normal users have -1 and gms have -2, so the total amount of trophies modifier has to be +20 or less, because if on the 100th page it was only normal users who posted and every modifier was used, the winner would be the 2000th post. so that's our limit for the worst case scenario.

also a note for if this would be applied, all the awards must have a positive value.

i was also thinking of increasing the normal user/gm from -1/-2 to -2/-3. reason is to create larger margin of possible winning posts (from 1940 to 2000 instead of 1960 to 2000).

so what do y'all think? if you've got an idea of your own, would love to hear it too.

• ok so going off RoN V1 ending, the main issue there to me was the fact that the winning number ended up being more than 2000. and that's an issue because it could lead to stalemate/people lurking to be the winner. the whole point of the thread was to encourage people to post more rather than keep lurking to snipe the win.

That's why I was like "wait what?" when Jekyll made the calculations because I remember you did not want the winning post to be 2001+

so, my idea to solve that is: making awards modifier apply one time only and has to be activated by the user who got it, and they can chose not to use it.

I agree with the rest seem fine, just on this point I have a question. Wouldn't a user with an award would try to alter the winner by not activating his modifier (and similarly by activating it)?
    (Like you know lets say with the modifier the winner will be Rexxar but the user with the award is like "naaah" and chooses to not activate it just so Cherish wins instead)

• so, my idea to solve that is: making awards modifier apply one time only and has to be activated by the user who got it, and they can chose not to use it.

this would allow for higher values for those awards, and more uncertainty because it could be used at any point and drastically change the winning number. activation can be anywhere from obtaining the award till the 1999th post.

Better hear Morgoth as he is wiser.
    So someone that won a trophy/award will have by default multiplier not activated until he says so until 1999th post ?

also a note for if this would be applied, all the awards must have a positive value.

i was also thinking of increasing the normal user/gm from -1/-2 to -2/-3. reason is to create larger margin of possible winning posts (from 1940 to 2000 instead of 1960 to 2000).

Sure , i can edit them after its decided.

I agree with the rest seem fine, just on this point I have a question. Wouldn't a user with an award would try to alter the winner by not activating his modifier (and similarly by activating it)?(Like you know lets say with the modifier the winner will be Rexxar but the user with the award is like "naaah" and chooses to not activate it just so Cherish wins instead)

I get a Raco vibe from that ''user with the award'' lul. But he got a valid point.

• I agree with the rest seem fine, just on this point I have a question. Wouldn't a user with an award would try to alter the winner by not activating his modifier (and similarly by activating it)?
    (Like you know lets say with the modifier the winner will be Rexxar but the user with the award is like "naaah" and chooses to not activate it just so Cherish wins instead)

yes, this is why i limited it to 1999th post. that way it would still not be 100% in control of the award user. this could be changed to something earlier if you feel like 1999 is too late. but the point of giving the user the ability to activate it, is to give these trophies more vlaue and power while rewarding the player for using them smartly to their advantage. it adds a layer of strategy rather than just luck.

Better hear Morgoth as he is wiser.
    So someone that won a trophy/award will have by default multiplier not activated until he says so until 1999th post ?

yes. by default the award modifier will not count. the user who got has to explicitly say that they want to use it.

• yes. by default the award modifier will not count. the user who got has to explicitly say that they want to use it.

And if they activate it can they undo it ?
    also you can tell me the official digits for modifiers normal users /teamlers if everything is set.

• And if they activate it can they undo it ?

for me, i'd say no. it might cause a lot of confusion if a user activates it and negates it multiple times. in yu-gi-oh, once you chose to play a card/activate an effect you can't be like "nah nvm, i want to unplay this card" so imo the user should face the consequences of their decision.

also you can tell me the official digits for modifiers normal users /teamlers if everything is set.

well if no one objects then it would be -2/-3 to test it out in this version. but there is no rush, we can wait a bit so that if anyone wants to throw in their 2cents (although i doubt it) they have the time to do so.

• That's too much discussion about something that will die anyway :O Can we even reach page 100 this time?

maybe not in our lifetime, but we can pass it on to the next generation.

i bet at some point someone said something similar to what you're saying in one of the early lpw threads or whatever the main spam thread was.

we need one drama queen and reaching page 100 wont be problem

you right. anyone got anything that triggers someone that has not been talked about before? if so, please step forward.

• i bet at some point someone said something similar to what you're saying in one of the early lpw threads or whatever the main spam thread was.

No.