The Last Post Wins V12

• Thread Rules
    • No senseless counting, This is not a counting thread!
    • Two people will not be able to spam further than 1 page on their own.
    • We are all discussing here and sometimes 1 word or 1 meme is all that's needed and its fine, But do not overdo it!
    • This thread will be closed once it reaches 2000 posts. When a mod locks the thread their post will not count as the winner.
    * All the rules are a subject to change/improved or add new ones.

Since the last thread was inactive for a month and I seem to have won it here is the new version!

May the darkness forever snuff out the light and condemn everything to misery and destruction.

• I thought we were told it needed 3 month inactivity....

besides, I’d posted in it before you closed it. As a non-mod without the power to close as I post pretty sure that’d make me the winner. Should have closed it as soon as that 1-month duration hit(same as when we hit post limit) instead if that is the new time limit

that or racordany, but at that point it had already become “active” again. Either way as long as it isn’t closed by the person posting

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ruff ().

• I thought we were told it needed 3 month inactivity....

besides, I’d posted in it before you closed it. As a non-mod without the power to close as I post pretty sure that’d make me the winner. Should have closed it as soon as that 1-month duration hit(same as when we hit post limit) instead if that is the new time limit

Thats what i was wondering also , it was always 3 months, and besides if after 3 months the thread was not closed and someone posted its game on.

Not sure if trolling or *Power Abooooose* like Phae delicately puts.

• if you find it pointless why do you need to change already established rules and rush the thread ? Its funny.

My logic says , if you find something pointless you dont bother with it....

• I wasn’t very happy after a previous game was inactive for 3 months and so I should have won, but when I asked around for a mod to close it in the irc chat people started posting so they kept it open.... so I get it.

However, in the same token as hitting post count requirements to close racordany should at least have the win since his was last post from a non-closing source. You would have won if you closed before I posted, since your post had been established so long previous before closing. Though it is annoying that the format is changed from previous versions.

It was established at 3 months before because I believe ghostheadnebula(I hope I got that right) had it listed as 3months inactive any thread gets closed and archived. Since it was a general rule for the entire forum, it gave a clear goal to shoot for since you could request the thread be closed after(since they would be archiving regardless).

• Yes I have no qualms with threads being closed after a month of inactivity regardless of whether people start posting in it again beforehand or not, I just hope that it is an overall guideline for the forum and not this thread specifically. I know that forum management is up to the team to decide upon and implement, it was just annoying that I didn’t know about it beforehand as I would have posted sooner.

Regardless, forum maintenance standards change over time as it goes through new management so I’m not worried about that and will keep the 1month closing in mind for future reference.

• Yes I have no qualms with threads being closed after a month of inactivity regardless of whether people start posting in it again beforehand or not, I just hope that it is an overall guideline for the forum and not this thread specifically. I know that forum management is up to the team to decide upon and implement, it was just annoying that I didn’t know about it beforehand as I would have posted sooner.

Regardless, forum maintenance standards change over time as it goes through new management so I’m not worried about that and will keep the 1month closing in mind for future reference.

Which is kinda ironic cause... 'Necroid' was against the rules back then, and spamboard was not excluded. So not only you should have been given the win but whoever wrote after you after 3 months (or for however long the thread had remained inactive after a month+) should have also been penalized lol.

• Which is kinda ironic cause... 'Necroid' was against the rules back then, and spamboard was not excluded. So not only you should have been given the win but whoever wrote after you after 3 months (or for however long the thread had remained inactive after a month+) should have also been penalized lol.

I had actually brought that up at the time, but it was shrugged off. Forum maintenance wasn’t a high priority I guess.

• Yeah back in 1950 the moderator at the time did not close the thread for 50 years, lets do that for all the threads for all eternity.

Regardless do whatever you want with the winner, I simply cleaned out spamboard from inactive threads.

good old 1950 where clicking an area wont display a mere 5-6 threads, with the rest being in the archives.....

'Necroid' was against the rules back then, and spamboard was not excluded.

Literally first time you mention necro, funny.

• good old 1950 where clicking an area wont display a mere 5-6 threads, with the rest being in the archives.....

Because having 25243988 threads from 2007 looks much better huh? I know you love to complain about everything but you can keep your opinion to yourself sometimes.

It was an old rule from when I first joined the forums, I’m not sure when they removed it but they already rarely enforced it at the time.

Yeah and Gameforge is actually not happy with that, they don't want old or inactive threads sitting in forums. So we also clean the archives eventually as well.