Paid subscription

• Hello Sirs and Madams, fellow Madlads and Gamergirls,

As the title says, I would like to suggest GameForge/Entwell to switch NosTale's business model to paid subscription.

Reason? Because their free-to-play model forces them to produce low-quality content (and say that they will fix everything later) and put everything essential into nosmall (direct purchase) and expensive items into noswheel (lucky draw).

While this may turn off some of the players, because they are full of this low-quality content and extra-thin feedback loop that breaks when interests don't match, your developer team will have to work extra hard to show how they are going to work after you announce this decision of becoming a paid subscription mmorpg. It doesn't have to be an immediate change, the announcement could say that the game will become sub-to-play in a few months. As I said, this period could be used to show the willingness to produce high-quality content and increase interest for this game among the old and potential playerbase.

What I see now is that there is no good future for this game. Every content update seems rushed, with many attempts failing to come without bugs that need fixing the next day or within the week, and the annual appearance of the same content has become a routine, causing nothing but indifference.

You can't evoke nostalgia in the playerbase anymore, because experienced players have seen these events far too many times, and the new players are turned off by what is happening outside the event content and leave soon after the end of the event season.

You, GameForge and Entwell, are rushing act 7 release and building hype in social media by posting pictures of soon-to-be content, which will retain a thrill until a week after the update, because everything that comes with these updates is bugged and causes self-destructlike reactions in other parts of the game (exaggerated on purpose, because thats how it feels to a casual player). What is going to happen afterwards? Again, without proper content and with so many unsolved issues, players wont stay with the project, which is sad for both players and developers.

I'm not sure if I posted this into the right place, because I want to see some discussion and other complaints or willingness of players to be heard (which seems to be the biggest problem). Nevertheless, it's still a suggestion.

Looking for some objective criticism on the parts that I have written here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rexxar: Post edited to remove the contents of the spoiler. ().

• Hello Jekyll . I have edited your post as it did go against the Forum Rules ;

• 2. Behaviour
      No thread may be started with the intend to shame other players. Making lists with players that don't follow the rules, quit raids etc, the so called "name and shame" threads.
    • Backseat Modding (when a User posts like a mod, e.g saying (when not being the Thread Starter) as the only sentence or smiley “Thread closed”. Or where the post says nothing aside from "you posted in the wrong place" or something similar)
  • Backseat Modding (when a User posts like a mod, e.g saying (when not being the Thread Starter) as the only sentence or smiley “Thread closed”. Or where the post says nothing aside from "you posted in the wrong place" or something similar)

Not sure where did you see backseat modding but ok

• My only concern is what makes you think things will change for the better if nostale becomes a paid subscription mmorpg ? Like what makes you think this will happen ?

Don't get me wrong i mostly agree with your points and i also believe most of the new content is low quality content anyway.

But like this game is so entangled in items that are from nosmall, it's very hard to believe they will find a way to implement so many nosmall items in-game or delete some of them.

And some of them are way too op to be not left in the nosmall. Usually in paid subscription mmorpgs, you don't have to pay for gear like this for example ;

Why im saying this ? Because in subscription mmorpg all the shop items are just for customizing your character, in nostale and free to pay mmorpg shops , the items are way above the ''customization'' part,take a look of the wings above.

• Why im saying this ? Because in subscription mmorpg all the shop items are just for customizing your character, in nostale and free to pay mmorpg shops , the items are way above the ''customization'' part,take a look of the wings above.

To be fair, if you know how to do this properly even in f2p games their shop is only about customization rather than gear. (Or some minor stuff that will only make your life slightly easier / faster than a farmer-type user)

I could mention games as examples but it might end up as low-key advertising them lol

Other than that adjusting the items in the game without them being in a paid shop would not be hard at all.

• To be fair, if you know how to do this properly even in f2p games their shop is only about customization rather than gear. (Or some minor stuff that will only make your life slightly easier / faster than a farmer-type user)

I could mention games as examples but it might end up as low-key advertising them lol

Other than that adjusting the items in the game without them being in a paid shop would not be hard at all.

I honestly believe if nostale becomes subscription based, these ''boost'' or ''lowkey gear'' (don't know how to call them) like wings,costumes,fairys,titles and all that stuff that boost your character will stay in the paid shop anyway.

• I honestly believe if nostale becomes subscription based, these ''boost'' or ''lowkey gear'' (don't know how to call them) like wings,costumes,fairys,titles and all that stuff that boost your character will stay in the paid shop anyway.

Effects could be nerfed or similars items would have to be added ingame (without spending more, for example, lesser onyx wings from fernon box with 10-15% chance to spawn a shadow), titles would have to be gained through quests or by reaching a certain goal, e.g. collect 100mil gold (trading doesnt count), kill 10k monsters (party kill doesnt count, like that buff-flower), complete ics/raids x times and so on. And these titles would have something better than +1% exp/gold/whatever. It shouldnt be hard to implement.
    Also, families that reach lv10 should be able to pick text colour of their family (head), more customisation items such as recoloured items like different colour skins for SPs ( just clothes so its easy to do in photoshop within 1 day for several sps)

There's a lot of things that could be added ingame for cheap, as an addition to paid subscription.

Honestly, there is so much customisation potential in the game but all we get is content update every 1-2 years.

We really didnt need another class. edit2: which is also underplayed/got so little attention to its customisation (a lot of items exclude its use by new class)

• Hello RainbowDash Remember that you are not allowed to write insults even if you censor them.

Inappropriate language and cursing. This includes the use of abbreviated vulgar language, including *** or other censoring in place of vulgar language.

I have edited your post, be more careful in the future.