Discussion/Feedback: Rules and Roles for the Werewolf game

• Heyho since the first werewolf game is a lot of fun, I would love to play more rounds with maybe even more people, I already added some roles below and made changes to some rules to make it more fair and maybe also a bit faster, and more fun. These rules / roles are up to discuss if we want to add them or not.

Also if you have feedback about the first round you can add it in this thread!

The mentioned roles are not always in each game it's just a list of available roles which we can use to rotate around / and mix things up.

Basic rules

• Days last always till 10pm CEST and nights last until every special role confirmed their task but maximal 24 hours. (If the night people take too long so that the next day rotation is less than 6 hours the day can be extended if the majority of the participants ask for it and/or if more than 3 participants did not log into the forum during the remaining day time)
      • To have the most fun, it would be nice if you decide your special role action as soon as possible.
    • The villagers may only talk during the day! If you are unsure when the day / night starts, just wait until the host (in this case, me) makes a post about it. It will always be on time! (The thread will get temporarily closed during the night times)
    • You may change your vote during the course of the day as often as you want. First voting will take place on Day 2!
    • If two or more players are tied for the most votes, there is a re-vote, but players may only vote the players who were tied. If another tie occurs, all tied players are lynched.

Fairness rules

• Do not harass anyone into straight-up telling you their roles as it ruins the fun for everyone! Doesn't matter if it's on the Forums, or outside of it.
    • You are not allowed to edit your posts.
    • Please stay fair and don't discuss anything outside of the forum (also not in private pms) especially not during the long night times.
    • Dead people should stay dead. Meaning > No conversations inside or outside the game. They will be removed. No talking in PMs either about the game with people which are still alive. You are dead so you should not be talking with anyone or advising. (You could create a PM-Group with all dead people to discuss what is happening)

Role list:

Good Team:

• Villager (Villagers’ sole purpose is to find the Werewolves in their village and lynch them during the day) [+1]
    • Witch (The Witch may use her power of healing once during the game to save someone attacked at night. She may also use her power of killing once during the game to kill the player of her choice. Both powers may be used on the same night.) [+4]
    • Bodyguard (The Bodyguard chooses a different player each night to protect (but not the same player twice in a row). That player cannot be killed that night. He may not choose himself. It won't get announced who got protected the past night) [+3]
    • Seer (Each night, the Seer choose a player and writes the name to the host, which tells her if the person is a good person or a bad person) [+7]
    • Hunter (If the Hunter is killed (during the day or night), he immediately fires his weapon at a player to kill them. There is no discussion between his death and the decision who he takes with himself) [+3]
    • Cupid (Cupid awakes the first night and points at two players (one of which can be himself). Those players become Soulmates and know who the other is. If one of them dies, the other dies of a broken heart instantly. [-3]
    • Mayor (If the voting to lynch a player ends in a tie, the Mayor’s vote counts twice. The players can nominate on a Mayor on the first day, with that Mayor being in place until he dies, at which point another Mayor must be elected.) [+2]
    • Spellcaster (Each night, the Spellcaster may choose one player to be muted for the following day (they may not speak, but may still vote and use emotes and pictures without text on it [It is not a free ticket to spam]). The Spellcaster may choose to mute themselves, but may not mute the same player twice during a single game.) [+0]

Evil team:

• Werewolf (The Werewolves learn the identity of the other Werewolves the first night. All Werewolves must agree on a target to kill, and they can discuss it over the course of the night in a group PM with the host) [-6]
    • Wolf puppy (The Wolf puppy is a Werewolf, and wakes with them each night. If the Wolf Puppy is killed, the Werewolves get two kills the next night.) [-8]

Other special roles:

• Serial Killer (The Lone Wolf only wins if he is the last player standing (or achieves parity with the village by having only one other non­ Werewolf player surviving). The Lone Wolf wakes with the Werewolves to choose a kill each night.) [-5]
    • Cursed (The Cursed is initially on the Villager team (and is seen as a Villager to the Seer). If the Cursed is attacked by Werewolves, the Cursed does not die, but instead becomes a Werewolf the following night (and from that point on will be seen as a Werewolf by the Seer). [-3]

[Numbers] -> Influence points, the goal is to get to ~0 after the roles are decided for the players to make a fair game (Only relevant for creating the game, not during the game)

Example:

15 players:

7 Villager (+8 points)

1 Bodyguard (+3 points, 11 total)

1 Seer (+7 points, 18 total)

1 Mayor (+2 points, 20 total)

1 Spellcaster (+1 point, 21 total)

1 Cupid (-3 points, 18 total)

3 Werewolves (-18 points, 0 total)

• The influence points are not relevant during the game, they are just to make a fair group at the beginning, if you have 15 players and add 3 werewolves and then add every "good" role the werewolves wouldn't stand a chance at all, or if you go for 4 werewolfes and only townies it would be not fair aswell, since they dont have a way to find the werewolves out.

• If i will be a cupid i will point at Vendetta and Naerys. (why isnt the cupid evil tho ?)

This game will be so fun !:)

Also , we will have roleplay in it ? and Racordanny will be mod or ?

• Unfortunately Rexxar can't be the host for the next game, so it will be either Morgoth or me, after that we could also go and let a player be host, and we add the polls for the votes thats all up to discuss

Cupid is not an evil role, because she/he counts as a townie, I mean its completly random who she links together it could be a villager + werewolf or 2 werewolves or 2 villager xD

I think we should go for roleplay, but it could be hard to get used to

• Looks good and explained really well. :altd:

Edit: Election of mayor is public right? And all players will participate, folks and wolves alike. But what if the elected mayor is a wolfie? :altn:

G-enetically M0-diFied Bad boi from the C0-smos

The post was edited 1 time, last by Baal ().

• Edit: Election of mayor is public right? And all players will participate, folks and wolves alike. But what if the elected mayor is a wolfie? :altn:

Yes the Election is public, if the mayor is a werewolf it will be quite hard for the villager to win this :P I mean it is still possible to lynch him you just need 1 more vote than normal and after that another person gets the Mayor.

I think votes should stay longer.

edit. or seperate thread with votes.

I think the host can just put the result of the vote into the post where he mention who got lynched, so people can look it up throught the game.

• So... The witch can only heal people who were attacked at night (not people who are lynched).

Does this mean she resurrects people? Like the next night she brings them back(since she doesnt know who was attacked till morning) Also, if the hunter is killed at night (therefore killing someone with him at night) can the witch heal whomever he shot as well, or only people attacked by werewolves.

I dont like the spellcaster, does absolutely nothing to help and still has a +1. Would be better as a +0 so having it at least reduces the enemy force a bit.

What happens if cupid soulmates are a wolf and villager, and they are the last 2 left but it isn't a lonewolf? Do they just suicide like romeo and Juliet and nobody wins?

Also, the mayor role is bad near the end of a game.... It would be better if mayor only decides for ties, not count for 2 votes.

• About the witch:

Werewolves go and attack Person A, the host will write this to the witch (during night time) and the witch can then decide if she wants to save person A or not. Only once during the whole game. So this will happen during the night and the town folks won't notice this (The host can decide if he only tells that nobody died this night, or that the witch saved someone)

Hunter, the hunter kills right when the morning starts (if he gets killed during the night) (-> the host will write during the night that the hunter died and the hunter will then decide his target) the host will announce it at the morning and 2 people are dead then) -> which means the order is like this for the these 3 roles Werewolves -> Witch -> Hunter which means no the witch can't save this person

If he get lynched he will shoot right before he gets lynched (which means it could take some minutes if the hunter isnt online when the voting ends)

Cupid, if only the soulmates are left and they are villager +werewolf, they will win the game as the beauty and the beast, as lone winner of the round. The chances that they survive is super hard thats why I guess this should be fine.

We could also just go for the mayor who decided in a tie, I'm up for that :D What are the thoughts of the others about the mayor?

• Hunter, the hunter kills right when the morning starts (if he gets killed during the night) (-> the host will write during the night that the hunter died and the hunter will then decide his target)

which means no the witch can't save this person

I am okay with idea.

But logicly i would imagine it as witch being able to see future/predict who's going to get killed before he gets killed. And she prevents it by casting a spell around him/his house.

Hunter dying by warewolves, i would imagine as him getting critical injured and barelly killing one of wolves, before being brutally killed. I don't like that "decide" his target. It should be somehow random.

• It'd be cool if witch brought them back from the dead, and she brought the hunter back so when he dies he kills again.

Anyway fellow villagers, lets just make ourselves all bodyguards and have each other's backs to stomp out these wolves. Every 2 bodyguards earns 1 wolf for the other side, so there is twice as many of us as there are of them, plus it just takes 3 bodyguards to alternate protecting each other prevent them wolves from killing us. If anyone ends up dying, then we know who wasnt doing their job watching someone's back.

I would say all hunters but that seems too dangerous.... We might end up killing each other instead of the wolves.

• Cursed (The Cursed is initially on the Villager team (and is seen as a Villager to the Seer). If the Cursed is attacked by Werewolves, the Cursed does not die, but instead becomes a Werewolf the following night (and from that point on will be seen as a Werewolf by the Seer). [-3]

How will be announced, that wolves attacked cursed? Without his nickname?