I'd like to give feedback on the new feature which allows you to change your name in the game.
I'll start with the list of bugs that I've discovered:
- When a family member logs in, sometimes the old username appears.
- In the family history feed, the old nickname is mentioned but no name change. That could be confusing for the people who join the family as this person never left yet there is no one with such name there. (I would suggest a new log message which lets the family know who changed their nickname and to what.)
- In a friends list, the old username can randomly appear instead of the new one (can be while the person is online or offline).
- In the NosBazar, the items listed by someone before they changed their username are still listed under the old one. Therefore, sending them a note/reaching out to them is not possible.
Next, I'd like to pose some other potential issues related to this feature. You cannot really see what someone's name was before the change, be it in your FL or a family member or simply someone trying to join your raid. This can be inconvenient in multiple different scenarios:
- A friend changes their nick. Now you have a random nick in your FL. Thankfully, one "who are you" message can solve that but it is still kind of weird or you might accidentally delete them, thinking it is someone you randomly added ages ago and never spoke to again.
- A person you did not really enjoy in your raids or who you kicked out of your family but did not think it necessary to add into your blacklist (which has limited amount of slots for that matter) can join your raids/family again and potentially give you a hard time again before you realise it is that same guy and you take action (again).
- A member of staff sees a screenshot in a ticket where there is a person with a nickname. If they do not double check the date and time of the accident, they can possibly punish a different player who might be using that nickname now.
I think it would really benefit if we could somehow see in game, what someone's nickname was before they changed it (say when right-clicking them). This really gives a lot of space for people to make things confusing or avoid responsibility for their actions before they changed their nickname.