Double Fortunes Raidbox Event

• Hey everyone,

I'd like to give some feedback to the newest double fortunes event.

It's nice that GameForge is trying to think of new ways to introduce events, but the recent one has one big flaw in it - it is not meant for people below level 88.

Now, let me quickly dismiss the "but not all raids are 88+" comment. Both Fafnir and Caligor raids aren't/cannot really be spammed and taken advantage of fully during this event. As for Laurena, I would like to see people below level 88 with average gear to survive a regular Laurena raid.

If they included some lower level raids, it could help include the lower level players and make more low level res/equipment pop up (of which there isn't much anymore), such as ginseng, castra or a spider raid. Another raid that could've been added is Yertirand raid. We all know the server needs more Yertirand partners, Yertirand wands and other items (with nice gold drops as a bonus).

• As for Laurena, I would like to see people below level 88 with average gear to survive a regular Laurena raid.

Well, lately i've been laurena with 2 alts - one of them was mage 85/86 (not sure if i managed to level up before raid or not) EQ : armor 74+1 r1, Yertirand's wand, sp2 98j, shadow rez 108 ( just basic gloves from LoD and arena boots) summary - died only 2 times total in 5 raids (1st death on 3rd raid and 2nd one on 4th. Others raids were without me hitting red hps). I did not have to use potions on that char to survive... The way i see it you don't have to have ultimate r7+10 gear to survive that raid, it is not hard you just must have powder for efect and rez. But it is pretty hard to obtain powder without help if you are under 85.

it is not meant for people below level 88.

Below 90 then i would agree with that. BUT you can't be mad. What are the rewards on that raids? :D Except mentioned Yertirand it is pretty much useless now - Rez from LoD and eq for 2h of playing 'cause you level up so fast nowadays..

• well, as usual.. no detailed info about it but that's how nostale works.

what i mean by that, is that the "rare items" are pretty ambiguous. some are obvious of course such as kertos boots, vala gloves, laurena hat.. etc but the rest are not. are weapon parchments, fake eq affected? same with sps 7/8 too. and many more example from the other raids where it's unclear if an item is "rare" or not.

another thing.. by how much? because it makes a huge difference depending on how much the chances have increased for deciding if a certain raid would be worth spamming or buying boxes for.

It's nice that GameForge is trying to think of new ways to introduce events, but the recent one has one big flaw in it - it is not meant for people below level 88.

Now, let me quickly dismiss the "but not all raids are 88+" comment. Both Fafnir and Caligor raids aren't/cannot really be spammed and taken advantage of fully during this event. As for Laurena, I would like to see people below level 88 with average gear to survive a regular Laurena raid.

If they included some lower level raids, it could help include the lower level players and make more low level res/equipment pop up (of which there isn't much anymore), such as ginseng, castra or a spider raid. Another raid that could've been added is Yertirand raid. We all know the server needs more Yertirand partners, Yertirand wands and other items (with nice gold drops as a bonus).

well imo adding the lower lvl raids wont change much overall, but it doesn't hurt anyone.. i dont see why not.

but also as a side note, it's not just "high lvl" raids vs "lower lvl" raids. there are few missing such sp5/6 raids (i mean they have sp7/8 raids in there so i especially don't understand this tbh). you could also consider fc raids, ibra and yerti as "high lvl" raids

JE6IJuz.png

Remember, remember

The 16th of November
    The Multiaccount treason and plot
    I know of no reason

Why the Multiaccount treason
    Should ever be forgot

• there are few missing such sp5/6 raids (i mean they have sp7/8 raids in there so i especially don't understand this tbh)

I think that they went with raids which are not easily done with multiple (say 5+) alts at once, that is why they excluded SP 5/6 raids.

but also as a side note, it's not just "high lvl" raids vs "lower lvl" raids...

My argument is that all of the raids that were chosen are from the "higher lvl" raids category and none from the "lower lvl" one. I don't say that all high level raids that exist are on that list (e. g. already mentioned Yerti, which is not easily done with multiple alts either).

• well.. not arguing against what you said.. i'm just nitpicking because i cant not do that

you say this:

I think that they went with raids which are not easily done with multiple (say 5+) alts at once, that is why they excluded SP 5/6 raids.

but then you say:

I don't say that all high level raids that exist are on that list (e. g. already mentioned Yerti, which is not easily done with multiple alts either).

so.. you're contradicting yourself there.

also a5.2 raids are easily done with 5+ alts. mostly only in kertos because it's fastest/easiest but it's possible for the other 2 if someone wants to do it.

same with cali, it's very easy actually. all you gotta do is keep moving ur alts back to cali every time they die. bit annoying the more alts you add but still very easy.

JE6IJuz.png

Remember, remember

The 16th of November
    I know of no reason

Should ever be forgot

• I don't see how I am contradicting myself.

In the second quote, what I meant was that all the raids included in this events are for people who are level 88+ or enjoy doing fafnirs. There are no raids on that list that lower levels (say 80-) can enjoy. Whether you consider Yerti a high or low level raid does not matter as this raid is not included right now.

I also added that why I would like Yerti there. Yerti is not easily done with alts as everyone teleports into the boss room and has to avoid the circles plus in order to kill the boss in a reasonable time, you need to make your alts and their pets attack as well as dodge (which is why you don't go with more than 2) - and that is why I think it is a good candidate for this event. Reasonable rewards, not an alt fest, 70+.

As for SP raids vs other such as 5.2 or 6.1 raids:
    Making 80 lv alts and doing SP raids daily alone or say with one more person and 13 alts is relatively easy (you even get the amulets free and have the double XP buff to your advantage) compared to...
    Making 5+ 90 lv alts and moving them all to boss through the map and keeping them alive, getting them oils/gear (for 5.2 or Erenia/Zenas). Now that is not as easy and not many people invest their time to make 5+ alts lvl 90, especially on the US server. Plus in Erenia/Zenas which are time-gated raids, having more than one or two alts at once can slow the raids significantly (due to kiss room dynamic in Erenia, Erenia bursts, Zenas deadly circles, moving from one part of raid to the other etc) and probably would not be worth doing in such a setting.

As for Caligor raid:
    Doing Cali may be easy to do with alts but like I said, I think that "Both Fafnir and Caligor raids aren't/cannot really be spammed and taken advantage of fully during this event". There are 4 Caligor raids in total during the event which you can attend with your alts and the rewards... well, I don't think it will make any difference that the event is in place for this raid.

• I don't see how I am contradicting myself.

i misspoke. not a contradiction, but rather it takes away from the point you made. if their real goal was to have raids that are not easily alt abuse-able they would've put yerti on that list too, because as you said it's not easy to do so in it. but they didnt.

Now that is not as easy and not many people invest their time to make 5+ alts lvl 90, especially on the US server.

this isn't a US server exclusive event. many on other servers have bunch of 90+ geared alts with olis (even that isn't a must since they can just make them sit out of boss room). as i said, people were already spamming kertos with alts before this event. and yeah it is really easy.

anyway, i've already mentioned that i'm not against your idea. i just don't believe they picked the raids based on "not easily done with 5+ alts"

JE6IJuz.png

Remember, remember

The 16th of November
    I know of no reason

Should ever be forgot

• if their real goal was to have raids that are not easily alt abuse-able they would've put yerti on that list too, because as you said it's not easy to do so in it. but they didnt.

Yes, I agree, they didn't. Which is why I mentioned the upsides (not just the alt argument) of including Yerti in hopes that they will add it next time or to get their reply on that, since this double fortune event is a fairly new idea. Maybe to get more of an insight into the reason for their choice of raids as well.

this isn't a US server exclusive event. many on other servers have bunch of 90+ geared alts ...

I am aware of that, my bad on not opening it with "as an US server player". However, even if other servers have been ready for ages for spamming such higher level raids efficiently, US is a fairly new server compared to the others, which could benefit from including a bit more lower level content.

• 2 years of US...that's enough time...1 month should be enough to make about 4 alts from 80 to 99 i'd say,let's say u do 3 lods/day,as far as i remember my exp at level 89 was about 10%/lod?not sure,a 6 man lod with somewhat 11 min timing per rotation gk area->rebs and back

i can solo lod faster than that and it would be just me + my 2 alts,the only difference being that u need 1 alt to damage the lure for full xp too(which isnt that hard,i was already doing that on the reb lure with any alt since lv 55 to 80,put aegir S buff to tank and you have enough time for 3 skills from each of your 2 alts,a lv 80+ alt which is going to 90 should have atleast a light sp i'd say and some fresh eq?you can get lv80 eq from arena rep shop and lv83 eq should be pretty common in US,lod also drops res so u can sell them and buy dark res for ur alt or even craft the res urself

oh,gotta mention,i'm a swordy and i can solo lod while still having to wait a bit for spawning sometimes,using rene doesnt allow me to auto drakes so i relly on aoes,an wk or AM should literally just wait for respawn every lure which means you can actually spend as much time as you want with moving ur alt and damaging

be real already,2 years is A LOT OF TIME,i hate this thing about everyone on US,"Us is still pretty new",bro you all have more +50 than the UK server atleast,ok,ur server has been new for 2 years,our server for example has been on stand-by for 2 years,we didnt do anything,we can hardly raid,you can't compare all the people and raids from US with 1 periodical host on UK/1 team of fernon vs all of you guys doing fernon,your server IS ALREADY SOMEWHAT ON THE SAME LEVEL,this sh*t is just an excuse,"US is still new",even the "uk has too much gold" is pathetic,you all had erenia/zenas/yerti/fernon raids which drop tons of gold,eveyrbody spamed yerti when the US serv came,y'all droped tons of gold from these raids while uk was on stand-by and had to use tons of gold on upgrading eq/sps/overpriced nosmall items and the people with gold either quit/sold accounts-gold for real money and got banned or whatever,we LOST a lot from our total server gold while you all had SO MANY WAYS of geting money,i've seen someone selling a +100 DG months ago on US,do you realise UK only had 2 people with a zerk/dg/sin on +100 as far as i know?this being fancy that collected a lot of gems during many years and bought tons of boxes when the perfection system was added and chamik with his darkgunner,he spamed TONS of erenia with fatte using 13 alts(fatte might have a +100 sin too,so let's say 3 people),took us so damn much time and only the richest people managed to get them,a "new server" has one in "only 2 years",pls,stop crying,i'm sick of that :) it's the pure truth

sorry for the off-topic but i couldnt ignore the "us server is still new"

ON-TOPIC: the event is just a trash trap,that's all you need to know guys :) "wow,top items from boxes got double chance!!!",so are u that blind to realise "wow,silk has a double chance to appear in my fernon boxes..." "wow,i'm gonna get more silver necklaces from my erenia boxes","hahahaha more blazing red piece from kertos box and left/right grenigas seal piece hahaha",that kind of event exist just to make people play,that's all,no hate but everyone has to start thinking more and different about those events they're adding

lower levels raids are useless anyway and i was jsut talking with my fellow uk survivors that half of nostale is useless and i could just make a whole thread about that but there's no point,they won't change anything and i'll jsut waste my time

conclussion : that event is just a trap supposed to increase the activity atleast for a short time

EDIT:ignore the timing of lod,i didnt explain myself properly and i can't find a way to explain it since i'd just have to record or do a lod myself and write down the lures and timers,been too long since i did a lod but basically a champ level eq user or anything above 95 eq/92 eq with enhanced and s-dmg can do that

• cute, another "US hate" post aka "mergeUK plz"

2 years of US...that's enough time...1 month should be enough to make about 4 alts from 80 to 99 i'd say,let's say u do 3 lods/day,

unlike you, most people got jobs/uni or maybe both (also life/friends/SO/stuff). and we can't play 3 lods per day, hella sometimes we can't even play one lod, because of timing.

even the "uk has too much gold" is pathetic

this probably was most the cringe line in your whole post. we're talking about ~10y server which generated frikking bonkers amount of

gold from solo ics/lola/buggedcheongbi abuse. (also probably could add fattes bugged/"trapped" erenias, but whatsoever). server which has players with ~50b gold could and would ruin market in us. nos$ rate is about 1:30k right now, sober up a bit and do some math.

we LOST a lot from our total server gold while you all had SO MANY WAYS of geting money

?

as for main discussion i totally agree that event should also work on act1-3 raids. also while we're at that, i think that loot from the bosses/raidboxes should be boosted/changed. they're skippable and not even worth right now. experienced players can easily powerrush story/lods with paper armour, while newbies will struggle gettin seals.

• ON-TOPIC: the event is just a trash trap,that's all you need to know guys "wow,top items from boxes got double chance!!!",so are u that blind to realise "wow,silk has a double chance to appear in my fernon boxes..." "wow,i'm gonna get more silver necklaces from my erenia boxes","hahahaha more blazing red piece from kertos box and left/right grenigas seal piece hahaha",that kind of event exist just to make people play,that's all,no hate but everyone has to start thinking more and different about those events they're adding

lower levels raids are useless anyway and i was jsut talking with my fellow uk survivors that half of nostale is useless and i could just make a whole thread about that but there's no point,they won't change anything and i'll jsut waste my time

conclussion : that event is just a trap supposed to increase the activity atleast for a short time

Well not true.

I opened 1k boxes before the event and 1k boxes during the event from each raid erenia - zenas - fernon. I got far more resistances and gear during the event than without event.

6k boxes in total (You are welcome for that time investment btw). Could be my luck or could not, that's the issue with the trash system called RNG. Deal with it since you decided to play a game with RNG involved.

• Event is Epic. Nostale UK. not so much.

Although. I honestly hope they keep spamming us with events like this. Keeps notsale fresh and kind of fun. The other event, the double drop, that was pretty epic, got a couple of FGB. This event, waiting to see if anyone spams raids. We'll see though, hoping for the weekend to be full of 5.2 and Laurena raids, ill give an epic gamer update after the event.

• im too lazy to quote people but my opinions to some of the points made:

the event does affect the boxes of all raids however players choose and prioritize which raids are more rewarding based on the event so ie. if your server is filled with -90 players ibra raid may be the most spammed raid. if its all end game players then it'll be 6.1/6.2. so i would say technically the event is not player biased since its just a result of game progression - beginning raids will fall off in comparison to end game raids. if the issue is about whether beginning raids should be revamped that's a different discussion.

also the word choice for the event is very vague so i can understand why people say you still double chance of unrare items + rare items. so gms/players will bulks of certain raid boxes can clarify on this (ofc rng exists so take their results with a grain of salt). however, to reinforce how this event effects all raids: sp5/6 are affected too - higher chance of perfs/exp pots/shiny gemstones? yes sps will probably be a higher % chance but it still shows all raids are effected during the event.

about the multi abuse for this event:
    every server has PvE and PvP players - if the pve players have several alts geared spamming the most rewarding raid they are allowed to - they aren't breaking any rules. is it biased and unfair? yes i think so but wait on gf to update rules. as players we can't really do much to limit this unless players decided to honor code and kick all alts in raids (lol how would this be possible). I do think one of the short term solutions GF implemented was more % dmg raids such as fafnir to limit the abuse, but i think more raids of this sort need to effect end game rewards such as eq and res. additionally to level and game progression affecting which raids are spammed/abused the most i'd like to add that i think raids with an "outside room" before boss will be spammed even more since multi abusers will just leave alts outside (relatively easy) until the boss is about to die