Improved Rainbow Crystal Battle!

• Making the spawning place safer
    It has happened to me before that if one team is weaker than the other, it can come to a point when they camp the other team's spawn, killing them as soon as they appear again. This is not fun for anybody and making the spawn point more secure or not reachable by the other team could help prevent it (at least the original one, not the one you get by capturing the middle crystal).

if one team is overwhelmingly superior this will not do anything to help the situation in any way. because as soon as the player steps out of safe zone they will be instantly dead regardless.

this will only bring more frustrations when the teams are somewhat equally match. it'll be pretty much the same as arena safe where it could be use to cheap hit a person then run back to safety.

- Make the algorithm look at people's equipment, not just their level (or whatever it looks at). It is their SPs and weapons that make them op, not just the number. A person clv 45 with pve gear might be weaker than a clv 25 with pvp gear for example. (Update: in the current RCB, around 3 clv 45 on one team + around 5 clv 25 or more were against a few 25 and lower, so I have no clue how the matching works, I just know that it does not work :D)

this could be easily abused. a person with op eqs will just change tjheir current eqs to r0 lvl15 ones to lower their "elo" and get matched with enemies that they could one shot with their real eqs.

just hard level brackets enforced (like ic and ib) would be much better. of course the brackets should include clvls and not only normal levels like ic and ib do. and one last thing, someone with brain that actually plays the game would have to set those level brackets (cus ib level brackets are straight up stupid).

- This one might be a long shot but imagine this. If people were forced to use a certain SP or weapon provided only inside the RCB, it could close the gap between the levels and force people to use strategies more. Nowadays, usually people don't talk in rcb, do not work as a team, just randomly run around and try to do crystals. If there was say a minute at the start of each raid where you would be given a choice to use a fixed + and job SP and a fixed weapon, people might start communicating, asking which SP they would want, which elements or combinations to use to get buffs etc (since you only get to know your team once you are in).

i really doubt that would work as well as you think it would in terms of "communication" and "teamwork"

having fixed eqs and sps would certainly make it more fair but it would certainly not "force people to use strategies more". you're removing the part of strategy where a player has to consider their eqs shells and sp build and their other gear that fits their playstyle with certain sps.

also a player might be forced into an sp they dont like.

• Ok so after experiencing the new Rainbow Crystal Battle myself for 7 times, i can give the following feedback.

The Good + ;

+ I appreciate the changing of Rainbow Battle from a raid format that req a 70k application and 2 pre-made teams to a quick time event that occurs every 2h.

The pvp was already down in this game, so this is a welcome change as arena status is worse then ever, and now there is a legit new pvp content.

+ I like the currency idea,trading rainbow coins for prizes at Titius Trip raise constantly the motivation for RCB, even more if the shop gets updated periodically with new items.

The Bad - ;

- Horrendous Matchmaking system, lv 44 with lv 99 ? are you serious ? was really that hard to make some lv brackets ?

- As i said earlier, the RCB itself can use an upgrade, The battle last 8 minutes but the truth is that it starts at the last minute.

There is 0 strategy involved because of this, and i would appreciate a resource gathering rcb, like first team to reach x points wins where capturing crystals isn't worthless, and while at it, why not make a revamp the map,its the same since 2008. Also adding a capture the flag rcb ? and make them switch, like if the last one was the resource one, this time is capture the flag and so on.

- Restrict all pots not just putting a 5 sec cd, no exceptions.

- While i believe the rewards are a good idea, i think the current ones are kinda meh. Not bad but just too few, like only 3 are worth grinding for, also miniland constructions ? really ?

- Alts and afkers out, idc how but this must not stay.

That's all i can think of now.

You called me again, drunk in your Benz
    Driving home under the influence
    You scared me to death, but I'm wasting my breath
    'Cause you only listen to your 'ucking friends

• If I could offer some feedback inspired by previous posts plus adding some of my own from my own RCB experience:

• I agree that it generated entirely new PvP content and I'm very grateful for it. I'm a PvP fan, but move on group vs. group which was not exactly happening in a sustainable/consistent/controlled way in FC.
    • I like the prizes idea HOWEVER I wish they would have added more variety, to include some utility to the items i.e. not just custom/rare but also USEFUL items that would motivate people to join more to get X item and perhaps sell it. For instance, add at least 1 item that offers something very special in the game that has no equal replica that can be purchased of a similar or greater value via NosDollars.
    • The matchmaking is as it is for a reason and I personally enjoy that - perhaps the playerbase couldn't sustain it, and the same thing as IB would happen if level restrictions existed. I personally enjoy the factor of random. I know it's frustrating to be lvl 99+50 and lose RCB because of your team construction, HOWEVER that's in my humble idea a good thing to give everybody a chance to win AND ALSO be able to trigger RCB each 2nd hour. You still get 1 coin for losing, as long as you participate, so it doesn't really matter. I would not recommend IC-resemblant level restrictions.
    • I agree that it should have a timer to allow the team to make a strategy. They should definitely upgrade this as it is a capture the flag game.
    • Although the map isn't new for older players whose families did RCB, the map is new for players like me that have never done it and perhaps that's what they're betting on. I do support a revamp for the sake of freshness however that could incorporate the above mentioned strategy timer allowance.
    • I completely agree that they should restrict ALL healing potions.
    • They should also completely restrict/delete previous entry buffs, as it's not a secret of people making a million alts, putting them in their miniland, and buffing themselves with these alts.
    • As a result, there should be a timer not just for strategy, but to allow buffs and/or attack/defense/tarot and other buffs once INSIDE the RCB.
    • I agree that they should put some conditions on AFK-ing (or at least make it banable with proof from other players). It's ridiculous what's happening with the AFKers and ALTs in this game. If people want to do it at the expense of their own characters, no problem. At the expense of people participating in activities with their mains? Unacceptable, utterly disrespectful.
    • Make a safe area on each side, small but inaccessible to the opposing team to prevent overkill/harrassment. It's very frustrating when one team overpowers the other, but don't stop at just winning or fair PvP, and camp their spawning point. A small safe zone at starting point for both parties could easily prevent that.
    • I personally like that you are SP-locked and cannot change. You know when RCB happens, so make sure you're in the right SP. RCB is designed for people who enjoy PvP and NOT just as an 'easy coin farm' point. Keeps it challenging with some well-defined rules.

That's about it from my side. Otherwise have a wonderful day, you wonderful people. :)

• I mostly agree with what Hippo said except ;

• The matchmaking is as it is for a reason and I personally enjoy that - perhaps the playerbase couldn't sustain it, and the same thing as IB would happen if level restrictions existed. I personally enjoy the factor of random. I know it's frustrating to be lvl 99+50 and lose RCB because of your team construction, HOWEVER that's in my humble idea a good thing to give everybody a chance to win AND ALSO be able to trigger RCB each 2nd hour. You still get 1 coin for losing, as long as you participate, so it doesn't really matter. I would not recommend IC-resemblant level restrictions.

Firstly a simple correction, you don't just get coins for participating, you also must earn an amount of activity points.

The fact that they didn't bother even tho i asked them way before to do a test and see exactly, how many hits you need to do in order to reach that required amount to get your reward for ic kinda annoyed me, so i doubt we will ever receive a response with what exactly have to do to receive the rewards for RCB and other content that req activity points.

I like activity points , it would be nice to know how many of them we need tho.:(

Anyways back to topic.

Personally i don't see any positive aspect of having no matchmaking system whatsoever for neither the low levels nor the high levels.

Its bad for the high levels because they get in the situation of being unable to win from the start, if the tide favors one more then the other. ( which it always does).

Its bad for the lower levels because they stand no chance of being productive. I was thinking maybe they can unfreeze the higher levels and turn the tide but that's impossible since 1 hit is all it take to get frozen as a lowbie.

Perhaps the only good thing they can do to actively help their team is to rush to the North/South points and capture the bases first but once the opposing team gets there they are good as dead as they cant defend, and furthermore the last minute the game actually starts so still no point.

If the participation in RCB is the problem then i can always think of a better way to stimulate interest in RCB by adding better and more diverse rewards in the Rainbow shop, or even add the so desired gems of perfection everyone is after, ppl will always do it then.

There really needs to be a line drawn tho, like one RCB 90+ and a 89- could be a good idea, imo.

• Oh yes, you are right. I forgot about the 'action points' part. Hmm... Okay, great arguments. I guess we can agree here - level brackets combined with better rewards should be able to solve the current issues RCB is facing.

• Still waiting for a change from the GF/Entwell.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

• With the introduction of latest patch of factoring champion level into team-matching yet which is ineffective, I recommend match-making to separate clv players (above c25) and non-clv players.

• I am missing fair play matchmaking. Sorry, but even if you do your best you simply cannot be an opponent for 99+60 player. I was participating in a few dozens battles and I saw team consisting of lvls 60 to 80 against 99+50. So instead of fun nearly all of them left the battle because they were no match against such enemy. Maybe worth to mention that this is not a rare occasion.

If you are interested in how more than a decade of development can look like then just take a look at NosTale.

3lg23g

• Stop putting players from the same family in both side? Sick of afker who soft int with sp0 because 'they want to let their member to win the fight'.

Extend the time needed for unfreezing? You have SP like Warrior and Seer and 7k scout which is tanky, a team-effort was made to take it down and it took like only three seconds to unfreeze it.

It will be a big fat joke if you release rcb rank (rumor) mode before any serious reworks on match-making and bug-fixing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marki ().

• It will be a big fat joke if you release rcb rank (rumor) mode before any serious reworks on match-making and bug-fixing.

LOL rcb ranked. it'll end up like arena of masters. and yeah, i doubt any meaningful change is gonna happen. pvp has always been greatly imbalanced and they never cared at all to even try and do something about it. rcb is probably gonna end up being forgotten in the state it is in right now.

• Stop putting players from the same family in both side? Sick of afker who soft int with sp0 because 'they want to let their member to win the fight'.

I highly doubt that's a solution for anything here, since you will only cause having one side with a top 1 family that tends to have the "better" players against any other random family that will get instantly crushed. I wouldn't like the RCB to be a family vs family battle.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

• PLEASE put a level range, an 99(+60) guy in same team with an 20lvl people. Teams are always unstable and competition is uneven. People get enough points for rewards and stay afk because they are not enjoying.