Weekly Maintenance - 03.08.2022

  • announcement_nostale_gfqa_e56d4d43d220349d3407a9af8f4ba81e.png


    Hey NosPlayers,


    on Wednesday we will have our weekly maintenance.


    When exactly?

    Wednesday, August 3rd 2022 from 08:00 until approximately 16:30 CEST. Our gameservers, as well as some of our services, will be unavailable during that time.


    What is being changed?

    • We are merging two pairs of servers each into a combined server.
    • DE 1 (Ancelloan) + DE 2 (Fortuna) = DE 1 (Alzanor)
    • EN 3 (International-1) + EN 4 (International-2) = EN 3 (INT-Valehir)
    • Find out more about this here: Server Merge

    The NosTale Team

  • As you surely already noticed, the maintenance did not begin as planned.

    This is due to a last minute issue we discovered during our final tests, which made us postpone the merge until we are able to identify and resolve this.

    We will let you know once a new date has been established.

  • Since the merge for today was so rudely postponed, I figured I'd take a minute to explain what exactly happened and led to this decision, so you might hopefully be able to understand this last minute backpedal.


    You see, a user actually contacted us and said he didn't want the merge, and so we decided - okay, jokes aside.

    Typically at the point where we announce a merge, we are already running internal test merges for several weeks. This basically means that we simulate a merge, to see if everything ends up where its supposed to be, everyone keeps their names, all the families and rankings continue to exist, so on.

    When we are convinced that everything looks smooth, we announce the merge and proceed with it. Sadly, even that doesn't prevent all issues, as some polish players might remember from our last merge in February.


    While running some last routine tests, our QAs noticed an item vanishing from the warehouse of a testfamily after being merged, something that had not happened in previous tests.

    Since this was the first time it happened we need more time to replicate the issue and make sure to eliminate it before going through with the merge. Otherwise, in the worst case, dozens of families might lose said items after the merge, something we want to avoid at all costs.


    Therefore we're taking a few more days to tackle this last issue, but worry not! The merge will still happen, for now we're aiming at roughly early next week, but will of course update you with specifics.

    Apologies to those of you who were already ready for it today - trust us, so were we.

    I hope this explanation gives you some insight and thank you for understanding!