Leather Boots

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Leather Boots

Hi Guys!
      I’m an Italian player and I’m here to inform you about the effect of Lv. 38 Leather Boots that reduce by 15% magical damages.
      In my opinion, this effect is too strong for boots easily craftable and summable. As a consequence, Mage has been highly disempowered.
      So my suggestion is to eliminate these boots or to add others with the residual damage reductions (for archers and swordsmen).

Let me know what you think about it, hoping you’ll come out on my side!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ~Seer ().

• mfw you want to nerf an irrelevant low lvl eq...

hint: flame giant/kertos boots insane defenses are much more stronger than this mediocre low lvl boot. rep boots and a6 boots effects (and res amount) are more valuable to me too.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • ~Seer wrote:

Please dont’t comment if you haven’t tried them yet.

These boots are enormously better then Kertos ones. Try them and then let me know.
      why do i have to go through the effort of doing that? the burden of proof is on you.

i'm open to see a video of you showing how "op" this effect is. or if you play on us server, im open to you showing me in-game.

otherwise, im not really going to go through the effort of mixing it with some strong res to have decent % res and waste all that money on it just so i can confirm what i already know to be true.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• Yaouank wrote:

I've got more informations since some of our french players knew this "hint" already.

It looks like to be very powerfull ... so idk
      Yes. It is extremely powerful.
      Think about a damage of 1.6k with Kertos that becames 1.1 with these boots. (Bug from 5.1 to 3.8)

Edit: @Gandalof it isn’t so expensive as you think. Sum them to rep boots and try pvps against sp7M (expenditure of 5-6kk)

• ~Seer wrote:

Edit: @Gandalof it isn’t so expensive as you think. Sum them to rep boots and try pvps against sp6M (expenditure of 5-6kk)
      well if it's not "expensive" to you, why don't you pay that for me then?

btw it makes no sense to sum them to rep boots then test it against sp6.

and again as i said, im open to change my mind if you want to prove it and show me. otherwise i dont see why i have to waste my time, money and effort.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• I’m sorry. I meant Sp 7M.

It’s not a waste of time, but I’m not here to try to persuade you of using these boots.
      I’m here to show you a suggestion, and before commenting, please be informed!

If you don’t wanna try them, don’t do it.
      But don’t keep on telling me it’s a waste of time or useless.
    • Just to make something clear, this is a suggestion and anyone can comment on it. (This is how a suggestion work in an open democratic forum)
      Ideally for whatever suggestion you make if you want people to support you then you have to provide evidence/logical flow/whatever (as much as possible) for people to see your point of view and if you are right or wrong about whatever suggestion you made.

If you come up with something the responsibility to provide proof falls on you (If its needed), not to the person debating you are wrong.
      * If you provide valid evidence about something and then some random person just writes "no you are wrong" without any proof to back up why he say that then yes in that case the guy that debates with you need to provide valid evidence as to why the evidence you showed is wrong.
      Otherwise its simply your word against his/hers/its.

Of course you can just not do any of that and simply persuade the people who know and have tested or already follow your suggestion.
      The keyword I used here is the "ideally" all this is not necessary but would be nice for a successful suggestion / conversation.
    • I’ve never wanted to exclude him from the conversation, I have simply said to be informed before talking (And it’s not referred to this post).

@Morgoth I’ve got a question for you. Do you think that this damage reduction is a desidered effect or not?
      If so, don’t you think it’s extremely powerful and needs a nerf?

P.s. I’ll try to prove proof, but I don’t know how to do it, maybe I’ll post some screens as soon as possible
    • ~Seer wrote:

Do you think that this damage reduction is a desidered effect or not?
      I would actually need to test it but at the same time I am not entirely sure as to who would use 38lv resistance that only gives you some advantage against mages.
      Your overall resistance will also fall because I doubt many people will try sum 6 for this.

So my question is and that is something I cannot check, do (lots of) people actually bother to sum those shoes and use this resistance against mages?
      But yeah for now I do think the % is quite high for such a low level equipment but is probably there to help people that are 38-60 level against monsters that deal heavy magic damage.
    • I’ll show you the reasons why more and more people use them.
      Summing those boots to 5 Rep boots you’ll have 54-50 resistances that, accompanied by Magmaro make you obtain 114-110.
      Now, perfections, books H28 and armor bonus or Sp Bonus make you easily arrive at 140/150% (or more if you use act 6 gloves) of resistance that is all you need against a Sp7 M.

To test it, use a Sp 7M without the fairy against a Pg equipped with Kertos and these res (in order to avoid summing them)

P.S. As I’ve just know, few people use these boots on Us and Uk servers. But in Italy, France, Spain or Poland they are used by everyone in PvPs.

Min 5:00

The post was edited 2 times, last by ~Seer ().

• Morgoth wrote:

~Seer wrote:

Do you think that this damage reduction is a desidered effect or not?
      I would actually need to test it but at the same time I am not entirely sure as to who would use 38lv resistance that only gives you some advantage against mages.Your overall resistance will also fall because I doubt many people will try sum 6 for this.

So my question is and that is something I cannot check, do (lots of) people actually bother to sum those shoes and use this resistance against mages?
      But yeah for now I do think the % is quite high for such a low level equipment but is probably there to help people that are 38-60 level against monsters that deal heavy magic damage.
      regardless of how many uses it i would love to see you test it. and compare it to kertos boots and rep boots if you can.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• These are the results without fairy in order to avoid elemental damages (I don’t own kertos boots)

See the differences: from 1.6k - 3.4 to 1.2 - 3k. It needs a nerf, don't you think?
      Files
      • prova1.jpg

(213.26 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
      • prova2.jpg

(212.4 kB, downloaded 16 times, last: )
      • prova3.jpg

(215.8 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
      • prova4.jpg

(219.04 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )

• ~Seer wrote:

These are the results without fairy in order to avoid elemental damages (I don’t own kertos boots)

See the differences: from 1.6k - 3.4 to 1.2 - 3k. It needs a nerf, don't you think?
      i could be mistaken but i believe element bonuses from other sources (sp, eqs, training stuff..etc) still count even without a fairy. i dont have evidence to back this up though, so take it with a grain of salt.

if i may ask, what is the + on the mage weapon?

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

I’ve used a seer job 1 without points, perfections ect in order to avoid any kind of effect.

Trust me, as you may see from the test results, the % of reduction is 15% and that’s extremely powerful.
      Obviously, the higher the damages the higher the reduction (the % of reduction is still the same but the damage decreased is much more)
    • ~Seer wrote:

I’ve used a seer job 1 without points, perfections ect in order to avoid any kind of effect.

Trust me, as you may see from the test results, the % of reduction is 15% and that’s extremely powerful.
      Obviously, the higher the damages the higher the reduction (the % of reduction is still the same but the damage decreased is much more)
      hm ok, im convinced now. as usual, mages always get the short end stick. this is so sad, can we hit 10 likes for our lovely class?

not just this but mages do really need a lot of changes to help them stay in-line with other classes because the gap keeps getting worse and worse with power creep. but the sad reality is that nothing is going to be fixed.

thanks for your endeavors though.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• @Gandalof thanks for your comment.

Hope all my efforts will be useful!
      Also because I think it’s nosense that mage has been so penalized by these boots.
      @Morgoth thought it could have been a way to help low level pgs, but I think that at Lv 30-50 it’s better to have, for example, +50 def than a reduction in %.

But, considering it’s the best way to do that, it’s not fair that the reduction is only for magical damages.