Scout User Manual (Needed)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scout User Manual (Needed)

I’m jumping back on NosUK after a long break to experience the story-line of Nos more since when the server was very busy, I always found something to distract me from the main quest.

To be honest, after re using some of my cards, I’ve realized I still don’t have any idea how a scout is supposed to…work? I remember when it first came out, my fam told me there was a specific order you do the attacks in to build up as much charge as possible before you use the final as it will increase your crit damage, but I’ve forgotten what order that is and while I’m pve I find the card to be clunky and unbearable. I realize this is because it’s mostly a PVP card, but I was wondering is there a way to make it a viable pve card as well? I don’t really see myself doing much PVP this time around, and if I do, it will be with other cards I am more comfortable with like assassin or aa, not scout (even though it is probably the best pvp card of an archer, from what I recall.)

I guess what I really want to know is, is scout really worth keeping for someone of my persuasion, or should I perhaps trade it for a ranger of similar job and + since I lack a ranger and wanted to keep at least one water card in my collection for quests.

Sincerely, an unenthusiastic scout.
    • what you need to do is very simple. read. read the skills and you'll figure it out.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Yes, the best rotation for mobs such as those in act 5 is what I’m interested in learning since I never got that far in game and will be going through all the story quests.

Which is why I posted at all to find a recent archer player and learn what they do. I have certainly read the skills, but I think it would be helpful to hear how an actual player times them together for the best result. This is the questions area of the forum, so I’d appreciate if someone could elaborate on mine as I have read and also searched for more information, but there is a surprising lack of nostale content / guides online...in English anyway.
    • Touch wrote:

but there is a surprising lack of nostale content / guides online...in English anyway.
      not really surprising but that's besides the point.

so back to our topic, well assuming you've understood what you read.. all that remains is practice. i could sit here and tell press this when that blah blah but there is no point really. play the card and with experience you will get the hang of it and be able to know which skill to use in any given situation, just like every other card ever. best way is to learn it yourself.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• I realize this. Since I came back I spend several hours on my quests just learning my cards again. It’s all muscle memory and everything which I still have. However, my problem is I never developed that muscle memory for scout, so I’m just button mashing and hoping something clicks.

I of course will practice, but I would like at least a place to start which could be any tip or trick another archer player may have. I don’t really see the point of having a help forum if the only help I’m given is ‘just figure it out yourself’. Sure, someone telling me how to do something isn’t going to perfect how I play, but it will help me figure things out sooner.

I have a way of mobbing with scout already, but want to know if there’s a better method. Currently I kind of just run ahead of mob, place trap until they run over it then hit them with the eagle aoe or smoke and then pick off lower health monsters with rapid fire power ups. I would like to know what the best time to go invisible in a mobbing process is as well. Or if I should go invisible at all and risk losing the mob.
    • I personally doubt that using the trap is effective. Instead, try sending your pets in to attack after you have gathered a lure and make sure to press "S" so that they stop following you. If you do that, the mobs will stay still and keep focusing on your pets and partner rather than you, and you can easily kill the monsters from afar. (Archers do better damage if they are far away from their target).

Using the invisibility is also a waste because your pets will go invisible with you, meaning that the mobs will scatter around and you have to start from 0 again.

I think it's best to open with the first skill (the one that has another skill built in, sorry forgot it's name), and then just follow up with the rapid fire (I think it's called that, you know the skill that fires arrows constantly, you get it at job 12 is all I remember).

Try to use your final as much as possible too! It crits for a lot of damage and it has a pretty short cool down. Combined with Falcon's Atutness (Once again, not sure about the name) it will crit with a 100% chance, unfortunately it is a single target debuff.

Last but not least you also have a skill which disengages you. Use it if mobs get too close.

I think that's about it. Sorry for not being able to write this earlier, been rather busy ;(
      I hope this will be of any help to you.
    • Touch wrote:

I realize this. Since I came back I spend several hours on my quests just learning my cards again. It’s all muscle memory and everything which I still have. However, my problem is I never developed that muscle memory for scout, so I’m just button mashing and hoping something clicks.
      and how did learn those sps initially? do that again for this sp.

Touch wrote:

I of course will practice, but I would like at least a place to start which could be any tip or trick another archer player may have. I don’t really see the point of having a help forum if the only help I’m given is ‘just figure it out yourself’. Sure, someone telling me how to do something isn’t going to perfect how I play, but it will help me figure things out sooner.
      i told you the place to start. first, read the skills. second, use them. it's simple as that.

Touch wrote:

I have a way of mobbing with scout already, but want to know if there’s a better method. Currently I kind of just run ahead of mob, place trap until they run over it then hit them with the eagle aoe or smoke and then pick off lower health monsters with rapid fire power ups. I would like to know what the best time to go invisible in a mobbing process is as well. Or if I should go invisible at all and risk losing the mob.
      there you go, good job! you're figuring out what to do just like you did with other sps before. keep trying different things and that's it.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• haha she just ignored you gandalof a right I will giv some serious info now
      I will explain the combo with my own skill set so figure out the skills yourself

First ctrl+q then R attack R press E as much as you can Q ctrl+e towards enemy T ctrl+2 it's 100% ded in case it's NOT ded attacc with eagle ctrl+q that's how you kill a lure
    • Mahmut wrote:

First ctrl+q then R attack R press E as much as you can Q ctrl+e towards enemy T ctrl+2 it's 100% ded in case it's NOT ded attacc with eagle ctrl+q that's how you kill a lure
      you do realize the is not helpful at all? how would anyone know what skills you're talking about?

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ