Communicating/Feedback Problems e.g. Grasslin Events and other events

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok, lets try how far we can come with the feedback.

We would like to see when we place feedback what is happening with that feedback.
    Ofcourse you guys decide what you do with that feedback.
    But I would like to ask to share your thoughts about the feedback, just reply on feedback. (when you ignore customers they walk away and they keep their money in their pocket)
    Ofcourse there can come a discussion, but that will lead to better improvements to the game and a better balance.

If you guys are saying that we dont increase the rewards more than it is now.
    Then I can reply like this:

On gold base:
    Look the yerti raid give 55k gold drops (with gold boosts i can loot even 100k ea drop). I loot on average 2 to 2,5 time gold each raid. And I can do let's say 8 raids / hour.
    Which is +/- 1,8m gold / hour and then i am not counting the raidboxes which can give quite awesome rewards. Thats already more gold than i can loot in this grasslin raid.

On perf stones (i see this as jackpot prize):
    Look when i go to forgotten tower with my 14 alts and I kill the mini boss there, it gives me 50% chance on a perf stone. The respawn time of this mini boss is 2 hours. We got 5 servers.
    5 mini bosses x 50% chance for perf stone x 15 chars = 37,5 perf stones.

I am not sure if you can do grasslin raid with alts, but I dont think you will get 37,5 perf stones in two hours with alts and the gold from yerti raids.

Rudolf pet trainer:
    I like this reward in the grasslin raid, only one comment for this:
    Still If you look at the amounts of this trainer to get your pet def lvl to +10, then there is here still some improvements to go, it also lowers the value of this pet trainer, it will increase the value of your pet when it gets +10, but still in my opinion there is a big gap in it. As you will need all the trainers in the server if you want to give it a good shot to try your pet to +10. And buying all pet trainers from the server is a very expensive joke ( i used 300 pet trainers in first year on my centurio bushtail and its still +9 )

Raid materials in grasslin:
    Good idea

If you compare the gold/item income with other ingame content, then i conclude - for a special event - this raid is very underrated.

I would say improve the rewards so its more in balance with other ingame content. If you guys need help with that, just say it, then i can make an offer.

I would like to see from the staff or other people if this is a good idea and if not, why they wouldnt implent this on a constructive matter.
  • Q-Arch wrote:

Ok, lets try how far we can come with the feedback.

We would like to see when we place feedback what is happening with that feedback.
    Ofcourse you guys decide what you do with that feedback.
    But I would like to ask to share your thoughts about the feedback, just reply on feedback. (when you ignore customers they walk away and they keep their money in their pocket)
    Ofcourse there can come a discussion, but that will lead to better improvements to the game and a better balance.
    good luck with that. i already tried that but to no avail (as expected). board.en.nostale.gameforge.com…but-there-is-one-small-t/

you're only gonna hear back from people who have no hand in developing the game.

Q-Arch wrote:

Rudolf pet trainer:
    I like this reward in the grasslin raid, only one comment for this:
    Still If you look at the amounts of this trainer to get your pet def lvl to +10, then there is here still some improvements to go, it also lowers the value of this pet trainer, it will increase the value of your pet when it gets +10, but still in my opinion there is a big gap in it. As you will need all the trainers in the server if you want to give it a good shot to try your pet to +10. And buying all pet trainers from the server is a very expensive joke ( i used 300 pet trainers in first year on my centurio bushtail and its still +9 )
    the only thing i would like to change for the pet trainers is for them to be permanent. it's really annoying that they disappear after the event is done. that forces you to use or sell all of them asap even if you dont want to.

Q-Arch wrote:

If you compare the gold/item income with other ingame content, then i conclude - for a special event - this raid is very underrated.

I would say improve the rewards so its more in balance with other ingame content.
    i disagree. this is just an old raid being brought back for fun. it doesn't have to give equal or better rewards than every other raid or money making method. the rewards are good enough to make the raid worth doing.
    English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
  • Q-Arch wrote:

Look the yerti raid give 55k gold drops (with gold boosts i can loot even 100k ea drop). I loot on average 2 to 2,5 time gold each raid. And I can do let's say 8 raids / hour.
    Which is +/- 1,8m gold / hour and then i am not counting the raidboxes which can give quite awesome rewards. Thats already more gold than i can loot in this grasslin raid.

On perf stones (i see this as jackpot prize):
    Look when i go to forgotten tower with my 14 alts and I kill the mini boss there, it gives me 50% chance on a perf stone. The respawn time of this mini boss is 2 hours. We got 5 servers.
    5 mini bosses x 50% chance for perf stone x 15 chars = 37,5 perf stones.
    In a general sense I agree with this, but not for this specific case. Why?

Gandalof wrote:

this is just an old raid being brought back for fun. it doesn't have to give equal or better rewards than every other raid or money making method. the rewards are good enough to make the raid worth doing.
    Because of this ^

If this was just a very old raid that Gameforge brought back for a little while PURELY for nostalgia purposes. You can skip if you don't like it/Don't wanna bother with it.
    So yes your idea is fine for events such as Summer, Halloween, Winter/xmas, Spring/Easter and whatever else big event that is within the year circle and exists for a short while to give players an advantage/a better farming way over other raids that are on for 24/7.
    (Keep in mind that this ^ is my personal opinion)
  • Gandalof wrote:

i disagree. this is just an old raid being brought back for fun. it doesn't have to give equal or better rewards than every other raid or money making method. the rewards are good enough to make the raid worth doing.

Morgoth wrote:

If this was just a very old raid that Gameforge brought back for a little while PURELY for nostalgia purposes. You can skip if you don't like it/Don't wanna bother with it.
    So yes your idea is fine for events such as Summer, Halloween, Winter/xmas, Spring/Easter and whatever else big event that is within the year circle and exists for a short while to give players an advantage/a better farming way over other raids that are on for 24/7.
    (Keep in mind that this ^ is my personal opinion)
    Ofcourse Nostalgia, but tbh I dont have such big feelings for that old raid. For me its like variation to do another raid again and i would like to spam that raid.
    So why not combine it all? Nostalgia and better rewards ?
  • gameforge never mind about what players think about their game sadly, they just do whatever they want to do. they are killing everygame they have while making them p2w and especially in nostale there is no place to grind (dont tell me gO dO wiNg oF aNgEl while people can get 5-10m instantly with card holders and i dont mean i wanna get 5m per mob) it's sad to see stuff dying...
  • Actually you are wrong about this. We do care about your feedback and also implement changes accordingly. ;) (Please scroll through all the updates/bugfixes/changes to old content on the website announcements and have a look at what has been done during the course of the past year.)
    I read all of your feedback and forward it to the rest of the team, then we discuss together what´s doable and when. Please keep in mind that we also have a schedule for the whole year, so not everything can be done right away as our team as well as Entwell´s team is already busy with upcoming updates. Additionally, we also have to factor in the other eight communities' feedback so we always try to find a solution that suits everyone.
  • hazarbaba wrote:

gameforge never mind about what players think about their game sadly, they just do whatever they want to do. they are killing everygame they have while making them p2w and especially in nostale there is no place to grind (dont tell me gO dO wiNg oF aNgEl while people can get 5-10m instantly with card holders and i dont mean i wanna get 5m per mob) it's sad to see stuff dying...
    Not sure if this is your first MMOrpg but let me inform you that all MMOs (especially) the last few years are all pay to win or become pay to win after 1-3 years of their release date.
    Nostale been out for almost 12 years now. (And fairly enough the Nosmall has been somewhat stable for the last 5 years or so)
    You had much better examples to use but you chose the wing of angel one. In this case you can farm them normally the game gives you decent numbers of it via normal monster grind or IC and whatever else. If you don't want to do that you have the option to spend real life currency to gain this item. Optional, nobody forces you.
    You shouldn't really care if a whale can gain wing of angels easier because it isn't easier. That person works for about 8 hours per day for 5 or 6 days per week and decides to spend some of that money in the game he/she likes to play.
    You might have the time to grind and farm in game but that person is grinding and farming in real life instead.

As Aureli mentioned here (and I have also mentioned this before) they take the feedback of all Nostale communities and then try to work out what works for everyone.
    The only issue here is what works for DE might not work for us (EN) or for some other community and in this point it gets complicated already.
  • Morgoth wrote:

You had much better examples to use but you chose the wing of angel one. In this case you can farm them normally the game gives you decent numbers of it via normal monster grind or IC and whatever else.
    i dont agree with what he said but you're missing his point.

ignore the woa part for a bit, what he said was "there is no place to grind" and by the context i assume he means that there is no good place for f2p players to gain gold.

the woa part was just an example of how f2p methods of earning gold are bad. ( which again, i disagree with but im just explaining what he said)

Morgoth wrote:

You shouldn't really care if a whale can gain wing of angels easier because it isn't easier. That person works for about 8 hours per day for 5 or 6 days per week and decides to spend some of that money in the game he/she likes to play.
    You might have the time to grind and farm in game but that person is grinding and farming in real life instead.
    yes i should. if a whale can gain an overwhelming advantage (it's not just getting woa easier you know), then that makes me less likely to play and enjoy the game.

also i'm not sure how someone working equates to being whale, not everyone working can or willing to dispense and ungodly amount on a game.

Morgoth wrote:

As Aureli mentioned here (and I have also mentioned this before) they take the feedback of all Nostale communities and then try to work out what works for everyone.
    The only issue here is what works for DE might not work for us (EN) or for some other community and in this point it gets complicated already.
    any examples for that? because i really dont see what "works" in one community but does "not work" in another. and i'm not talking about one community liking or disliking something, but rather something that actually cannot be implemented regardless of what some people think of it.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• Gandalof wrote:

i dont agree with what he said but you're missing his point.
    I didn't really miss his point just at the same time I did not wanna use a better example for him (his job to find a better example) and start falling to possible false conclusions.

Gandalof wrote:

yes i should. if a whale can gain an overwhelming advantage (it's not just getting woa easier you know), then that makes me less likely to play and enjoy the game.
    Yeah ok this is partially true, I imagine if a farmer can get about 20 woa in 8 hours and a whale can get (respectively with the money he can make from 8 hours of working) 1million woa then something is off. (But I do not think the difference in this specific case is that off right?)

Gandalof wrote:

also i'm not sure how someone working equates to being whale, not everyone working can or willing to dispense and ungodly amount on a game.
    Of course, that's not what I meant at all. I was only talking about people who are working and are willing and do spend money in the game they are playing.
    Not everyone who works is a whale.
    In fact even people who don't work can be whales. (Parent money)
    But keep in mind people who work don't have the currency of "time" to spend in a game to farm unlike a farmer who has a lot more additional hours to spare.
    I assume that is the reason most games put such "farming" materials into their online shop (and to of course make money out of it) but if everyone had the patience and time to farm them I can't imagine a reason as to why those items would be there.
    PS: which is why a balance must be maintained to have everyone covered.

Gandalof wrote:

any examples for that? because i really dont see what "works" in one community but does "not work" in another. and i'm not talking about one community liking or disliking something, but rather something that actually cannot be implemented regardless of what some people think of it.
    A good example would maybe be Caligor raid, a server that is full of people won't really need the same changes as a server that has much less people.
  • Morgoth wrote:

I didn't really miss his point just at the same time I did not wanna use a better example for him (his job to find a better example) and start falling to possible false conclusions.
    fair enough, i thought you did because you kept talking about woa only instead of making gold in general.

Morgoth wrote:

A good example would maybe be Caligor raid, a server that is full of people won't really need the same changes as a server that has much less people.
    mmmm yeah i guess so. a server with very low activity would need cali nerfed a lot, but in active server that would cause the issue of many players not being able to get enough activity points because the melts very quickly. and vice versa (aka cant buff it if an active server finishes it too quickly because it would make it impossible for a less active server that barely manages to beat it)

would it be possible to have different versions for each community then instead of all being the same? not for content, just for numbers. such as nerfing or buffing certain things (cali as we just mentioned as an example)

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• Certain things like opening/starting times of events (like LOD for example) can be adjusted to one community´s specific needs.
    Everything that needs a patch in order to be implemented (like seasonal events, changes to existing content , gameupdates etc.) cannot be handled individually unfortunately.
  • Morgoth wrote:

Economic in NosTale is a very complex system (i love it). It isnt that easy to say that a whale is a farmer for life.
    A whale is someone who understand the economic in nostale and has loads of gold/items ingame.
    If you are a big whale you can put a lot of items in nosbazaar for a certain price. Indirect you decide what the nosdollar rate could be for the whole server.
    My goal in nostale as big whale is to reduce nosdollar rate. I am simply playing with amounts to decide the rate i want to have the nosdollar on. Ofcourse it isnt for me able to get nosdollar rate on 1:30 but on long term i can lower the rate, since i am having a lot items.
    The 30% discounts offers GameForge is doing lately inflicts on short term very cheap items, but also on long term the items will reduce in price as it was, as i keep the items till the price rises a bit.
    If i make 20% margin over 3b gold, then my profit is 600m. If i keep trading like that, imagine what my gold/item worth would be over a year.
    and then i am only talking about a very small part of a very big subject.

Going back on topic
    I think everyone made their point clear.
    My goal to achieve was that the next upcomming events would be better on all diferent subjects.
    I have a better feeling about this now.
    So lets see how that will go on in future.

This topic can be closed.

And once again, thanks everyone!