Communicating/Feedback Problems e.g. Grasslin Events and other events

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gm's support each other.
    Player support each other.
    And it feels like none of the 2 sides seems to agree on something.
    ^^Spoilers w/o context for last episode of GoT ?^^
    Im turning into Kacching lel.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Cherish wrote:

Q-Arch wrote:

Trying to provide ? why trying? why not just do provide it?

Q-Arch wrote:

What did you do with our feedback with the Mad March Hare Raid ? You just send it to the person above you? But what if that person isnt functionating? How are you gonna solve that?It seems that some people in GameForge arent capable on their job and you see that in the game. Doesn't sounds really motivating as work to do.
    Something that it is important to remember: Every member of the team will have somebody senior to them that they will have to answer to. Such changes can't be made instantly on the whim of a single or few persons - even if the changes would seem to be 'positive'. Whilst feedback, both positive and negative, would no doubt be greatly appreciated and would be forwarded to the relevant team members to be looked into further, changes (if it's decided they're needed) can sometimes take a little time to appear and that is not due to a lack of interest or effort.
    I understand that it sometimes can take some time for changes. But in most cases nothing happened.
    You guys are even promising events. But nothing happen after 6 months now ?
  • Pinkamena wrote:

Gm's support each other.
    i join that.

there is no diplomacy.Here suggestions on forums but we dont know forwarded or not. are they read or not until happens huge polemics like this. at there at least we know they read.

also we dont know if declined why it is declined . after declined no more about speaks beause it is ended. but there is another way changing or improving with details. but as we see you dont think this way. accept or deny . no more chances. after deny no improvement too.
    Member since Sep 12th 2007
  • nasrok34 wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

Gm's support each other.
    i join that.
    there is no diplomacy.Here suggestions on forums but we dont know forwarded or not. are they read or not until happens huge polemics like this. at there at least we know they read.

also we dont know if declined why it is declined . after declined no more about speaks beause it is ended. but there is another way changing or improving with details. but as we see you dont think this way. accept or deny . no more chances. after deny no improvement too.
    I dont know why gms are supporting/protecting their seniors when they come with bad decisions.
    Ofcourse they need to protect the image of GameForge, but I dont think that would be fun work to do as volunteer work.
    I dont believe they are standing behind the decisions of their seniors. @Bittersweet
  • Q-Arch wrote:

I understand that it sometimes can take some time for changes. But in most cases nothing happened.You guys are even promising events. But nothing happen after 6 months now ?
    To use the example you gave yourself: the March Hare raid was received with critical feedback and as quickly as possible changes were implemented which sought to act upon the feedback given. Recently forum users have been asking about the possibility of an event and today this spring event began. Feedback is being given on this new event to be forwarded to the relevant teams.

I'm not too sure about the 'promising events' part (perhaps this is something I've missed or was before I joined the team, I don't know), but it is an event that this thread is discussing, so events are happening! If you mean more GM-organised events, a PvP event was discussed somewhat recently but players showed little interest in it.
  • Q-Arch wrote:

If you mean for GM events, we tried to do a PvP event, nobody got interested in it. We only received 1 email with 1 team and that was from UK server. Literally no one from US or anyone else from UK.
    So clearly we don't know what would interest you, so if you guys wanna let us know what interest you we could try to form that event, otherwise not sure what you want us to do.
    But this is going off topic this is not the place to discuss this.

Pinkamena wrote:

Gm's support each other.
    Simply different point of view and perspective in most cases I guess.

nasrok34 wrote:

i join that.

I am not entirely sure what you mean there.

Anyhow try to keep it for the event thing and not go too off-topic, you can open a new topic (if there isn't one already) to discuss those things.
  • Morgoth wrote:

So clearly we don't know what would interest you
    Morgoth... If you dont read my replies there.......... Really....
    You know what interest me if you have read my reply.

Morgoth wrote:

But this is going off topic this is not the place to discuss this.
    Well there seems to be a general problem in communicating here. Since i started this topic, lets see if i can change the title in something thats fits the problem here.
  • Q-Arch wrote:

Trying to provide ? why trying? why not just do provide it?

This is just a repeat of Mad March Hare Raid feedback, but then worse.

This is just a failure in communication again.

I wonder why people are still working for gameforge (looking at all gms and mods) They should be ashamed of what gameforge is doing.
    a bit harsh, but i agree

Rexxar wrote:

Simple, this raid is supposed to be something you do for fun a few times, and then focus on your main progression. This is not a raid that will make you overpowered if you spam it even with an army of 14 alt-accounts.
    Not everything has to give out 100K gold, or insane gear / items in general.
    i dont think many have issue with the event not giving the best rewards ever. the real issue is how the seals are obtained. it is ridiculous that this "just for fun" raid as you described it, has the seals on nosmall instead of the usual way of getting it from mobs/quests.

Aureli wrote:

"Try to" because I´m not the one writing the news so I cannot promise you: "I will do it differently" But I will forward your feedback.
    and that forwarded feedback goes into the void

Morgoth wrote:

Worst case scenario I will just open 100 boxes and say what I got out of them.
    thank you for your service. but really, this should be a readily available info from the dev team to the public with (or even before) the announcement of the event.

Cherish wrote:

even if the changes would seem to be 'positive'. Whilst feedback, both positive and negative, would no doubt be greatly appreciated and would be forwarded to the relevant team members to be looked into further, changes (if it's decided they're needed) can sometimes take a little time to appear and that is not due to a lack of interest or effort.
    basically what nasrok already said but i'll throw my 2cents in anyway. simply put, we dont hear back from anyone about our feedback. all we see is "it is forwarded" from you guys. it's certainly not you fault, you do what you can and i appreciate it. but from our prospective, it doesn't look like any of our feedback matters and there is nothing to make us believe otherwise.

Q-Arch wrote:

i mean.. we are currently having an event aren't we? it's not a good one but point is, it is still one. so i dont see what you're trying to say here
  • Q-Arch wrote:

I dont know why gms are supporting/protecting their seniors when they come with bad decisions.
    Ofcourse they need to protect the image of GameForge, but I dont think that would be fun work to do as volunteer work.
    I dont believe they are standing behind the decisions of their seniors.
    So far I don't think I have been supporting anyone and I simply answer stuff I can such as "what items boxes hold" and how "bamboo" works.
    So maybe that answers your question there.

Q-Arch wrote:

Morgoth... If you dont read my replies there.......... Really....
    You know what interest me if you have read my reply.
    In the other thread you literally told me "I will get banned if I speak here" (or something along those lines). I might be missing something here but I have not really seen any suggestion from your part for a GM mini event.

Q-Arch wrote:

Well there seems to be a general problem in communicating here. Since i started this topic, lets see if i can change the title in something thats fits the problem here
    Fair enough I guess lol.

Q-Arch wrote:

I was not really clear, but i was pointing to an event where they probably dont need seniors.
    What do you mean we don't need seniors? we always need to have whatever GM event approved by seniors.
  • Gandalof wrote:

Q-Arch wrote:

I was not really clear, but i was pointing to an event where they probably dont need seniors.
    what? i'm sorry i still don't get it.
    also a side note: it doesnt matter much but i dont think this is the most appropriate section for this thread. this is more of general discussion topic rather than a bug if you ask me
    Fair point there, moved it to General discussion.
  • Gandalof wrote:

Cherish wrote:

even if the changes would seem to be 'positive'. Whilst feedback, both positive and negative, would no doubt be greatly appreciated and would be forwarded to the relevant team members to be looked into further, changes (if it's decided they're needed) can sometimes take a little time to appear and that is not due to a lack of interest or effort.
    basically what nasrok already said but i'll throw my 2cents in anyway. simply put, we dont hear back from anyone about our feedback. all we see is "it is forwarded" from you guys. it's certainly not you fault, you do what you can and i appreciate it. but from our prospective, it doesn't look like any of our feedback matters and there is nothing to make us believe otherwise.
    I appreciate it may appear as if the feedback goes no-where and it may seem though we are just 'passing it off' to the person senior to ourselves, but we are each limited as to exactly what we can do. The possibility of changes can't be decided upon and implemented by one person - it must be discussed by all relevant.

A lack of clarity, I suppose, would describe the issue though it'd be a very difficult thing to fix. Even to say something non-binding, alike to "based on the feedback received, the possibility of insert change is being considered", many users will still take this as 100% confirmed and will expect that change. It's somewhat understandable why it may be chosen to say nothing at all to prevent misleading anyone.
  • Morgoth wrote:

So far I don't think I have been supporting anyone and I simply answer stuff I can such as "what items boxes hold" and how "bamboo" works.
    bamboo is an old item. It has random option. Instant full hp , or mp or orange sp or not anything happens.
    Member since Sep 12th 2007
  • Cherish wrote:

Q-Arch wrote:

I understand that it sometimes can take some time for changes. But in most cases nothing happened.You guys are even promising events. But nothing happen after 6 months now ?
    To use the example you gave yourself: the March Hare raid was received with critical feedback and as quickly as possible changes were implemented which sought to act upon the feedback given.
    Cherry Pie you know you my fave Gm and all but plz,that exemple is horrible.
    Yes, they fixed the bug but they also robbed players of their gold so that nulifies their good deed.

Cherish wrote:

Recently forum users have been asking about the possibility of an event and today this spring event began.
    I visit this forum everyday and never saw anyone asking about the ''Grasslin event'' tho.

Morgoth wrote:

Q-Arch wrote:

If you mean for GM events, we tried to do a PvP event, nobody got interested in it. We only received 1 email with 1 team and that was from UK server. Literally no one from US or anyone else from UK.
    Ahh yes, you reminded me, me and DeepStriker wants our prize for winning the tournament by being the only team that registered by default.
    Give the reward Morgita or im suing right now !
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
  • nasrok34 wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

bamboo is an old item. It has random option. Instant full hp , or mp or orange sp or not anything happens.
    I know. Check previous pages there was a misunderstanding regarding that item.
  • Cherish wrote:

I appreciate it may appear as if the feedback goes no-where and it may seem though we are just 'passing it off' to the person senior to ourselves, but we are each limited as to exactly what we can do. The possibility of changes can't be decided upon and implemented by one person - it must be discussed by all.
    i've already acknowledged that. you (gms) are doing your part, the issue is definitely not with you guys. you're great at communicating with us players and doing things within your ability and responsibility.

Cherish wrote:

A lack of clarity, I suppose, would describe the issue though it'd be a very difficult thing to fix. Even to say something non-binding, alike to "based on the feedback received, the possibility of insert change is being considered", many users will still take this as 100% confirmed and will expect that change. It's somewhat understandable why it may be chosen to say nothing at all to prevent misleading anyone.
    i really don't see why is that a "difficult thing to fix" all it takes is to be more communicative and transparent about it.

i understand the part where players would take any sort of statement as a confirmation even when it isn't. but is that really that big of an issue that they have to 0 communication? i say not. the reason they don't do it is because they dont want to.
  • Gandalof wrote:

but from our prospective, it doesn't look like any of our feedback matters and there is nothing to make us believe otherwise.

Aureli wrote:

each account receives 5 free seals per day from 11 AM (CEST)

the Raid Seal NosMall offer was removed
    now i have something to make me believe otherwise. i could now say that our feedback is being listened to and does matter. and im very happy with the changes that were made. still lacking on the communication part though, but im pleased with this overall.