Player Hosted Events

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Player Hosted Events

So I was thinking this for a while but after having a read at this (board.en.nostale.gameforge.com…g/?postID=95470#post95470) forum thread I thought I would write a request here.

I have been itching to host player driven events in the game. These can range from raids, ICs, RCBs, PvP tournaments and whatever else comes to mind.

I was hoping that maybe you could add another section to the forum, specifically under the UK Server topic (board.en.nostale.gameforge.com…150-UK-Server-NosCitadel/) which is labeled Events. And allow us to advertise the link in the game (generally website links are forbidden, but hear me out)

As the server is rather dead, there are some players who join, I see it more and more. Sadly these guys don't get to experience anything like we experienced when we started playing years ago.

I'm blabbering again. Here is what I want to do:

I want to create an event topic and have people "sign up". For instance I could say Saturday 18th May we will host all raids required by the Erdimien quest. I would then post links to youtube videos as to how the raids work and things like that, like create a whole writeup.

The idea is to then advertise the forum thread in the game so people can sign up for it and I can get a full raid team and participation. This will also liven up the forum some I hope.

At this point, maybe we can have a gm help out instead of hosting. That was an issue mentioned by Morgoth that people become demanding of GMs, but if a player runs the show and a gm just helps out, there will be less demands of that nature. I am hoping that we can do these things without the help of GMs, but I think for the first few things we would need a little support. I don't necessarily mean raids only, could be things like being a referee at pvps or things like that.

For instance we could have a pvp tournament, where people pay an entry fee and we have 1vs1 fights to see who wins at the end. With the entrance fee we could then pay out the winner.

Even if the game and especially the server has died down, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. I mean, there is a reason we still play.
      Archer (lv 1): Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
      Swordie (lv 63): War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, +15 DR, +15 Rene
      Mage (lv 91+7): RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
      Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
    • For the whole first part gonna summon @kitcalie to see if it would be possible.

DawnOfRoses wrote:

For instance we could have a pvp tournament
      If you can manage to do that sure I would not mind being a referee, but keep in mind we tried 2 times to organize pvp events/tournaments and we failed 2 times. ("We" = the team) As people would not be interested.

DawnOfRoses wrote:

Even if the game and especially the server has died down, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. I mean, there is a reason we still play.
      Well yeah, such things always have been and should be up to the players, to find ways to enjoy the game they are playing in.

About the rest of stuff I think I have addressed them already in the other thread more or less so I guess no need to repeat myself.
    • DawnOfRoses wrote:

I was hoping that maybe you could add another section to the forum, specifically under the UK Server topic (board.en.nostale.gameforge.com…150-UK-Server-NosCitadel/) which is labeled Events. And allow us to advertise the link in the game (generally website links are forbidden, but hear me out)

As the server is rather dead, there are some players who join, I see it more and more. Sadly these guys don't get to experience anything like we experienced when we started playing years ago.

I'm blabbering again. Here is what I want to do:

I want to create an event topic and have people "sign up". For instance I could say Saturday 18th May we will host all raids required by the Erdimien quest. I would then post links to youtube videos as to how the raids work and things like that, like create a whole writeup.

The idea is to then advertise the forum thread in the game so people can sign up for it and I can get a full raid team and participation. This will also liven up the forum some I hope.
      i'm not against this but i don't see why cant this be simply done in the game general section. and im saying this because spoiler alert, here's the 2 things that'll happen to your suggestion
      Display Spoiler
      1- it's gonna get completely ignored

Display Spoiler
      2- you're gonna get a reply but it'll either be rejected, or "accepted" but you will have to wait until the forum "upgrade" and by the time that happens, you will have quit and uninstalled the game or at the very least you wouldnt care about this idea anymore

so it's better to just do it now if you really want to. (i doubt you'll get much interest but it doesn't hurt to try)

DawnOfRoses wrote:

At this point, maybe we can have a gm help out instead of hosting. That was an issue mentioned by Morgoth that people become demanding of GMs, but if a player runs the show and a gm just helps out, there will be less demands of that nature. I am hoping that we can do these things without the help of GMs, but I think for the first few things we would need a little support.
      so in terms of raids, what would they be helping out with exactly? just be in it to fill?

DawnOfRoses wrote:

I don't necessarily mean raids only, could be things like being a referee at pvps or things like that.
      what does "referee at pvps" even mean? i dont think you need a gm to tell you who won the pvp (hint: the person who dies, loses).

DawnOfRoses wrote:

For instance we could have a pvp tournament, where people pay an entry fee and we have 1vs1 fights to see who wins at the end. With the entrance fee we could then pay out the winner.
      déjà vu! i've seen this before (and it failed)
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Gandalof wrote:

what does "referee at pvps" even mean? i dont think you need a gm to tell you who won the pvp (hint: the person who dies, loses).
      I guess ok just to have someone Neutral around and if something "weird" happens someone will be able to take a decision that will not favor someone's friend. (or whatever)
      Other than that small possibility, yeah person who dies loses indeed.