Nostalgic NosTale (Classic/Old school server)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nostalgic NosTale (Classic/Old school server)

i know this is farfetched and never gonna happen but i'll make this thread anyways.

i would like to see what i call.. nostalgic nostale GLOBAL server (basically same idea as classic WoW and old school runescape). where it got the old great nostalgic experience of nostale.. basically starts with the same act1 content and then taking a different direction from what we got now. for example:

• no lod (instead people will mob maps)
      • different raids (especially slade, maybe change spider too, and anything else really)
      • different acts (act4 not being fc but rather something else.. fc could still be there as a pvp option like arena but it wont have main quests, raids or any pve content for example. just pure pvp area like it should be)
      • no champ level (kinda related to previous point, there would be no champ lvl and a6 would be different. could have just combat levels and increase the cap for them above 99 when the time comes)
      those are just things i came up with to help you get the idea, but as long as it's about the old nostale feel.. and staying true to that old feel by taking a different direction from the current game.

edit: also i encourage you to translate this (or write thread on your own with similar idea) in your own language and posting it on your forums if you like this idea. or simply sharing a link to this there.

edit2: or send me the translation and ill post it myself if you dont want to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gandalof ().

• noone will play that. because this game is not that much things like you get example. also dont have player to play it . for example i am RS player too . there is 27 or more but game is empty near RS.

Also this game is always P2W . RS is not.

i dont think it will work. people try to make easy game for with multies. but u want a harder game . a bad loop again.
      Member since Sep 12th 2007
    • nasrok34 wrote:

noone will play that
      i mean.. when they made new servers they were very lively (well i can only speak about us server, but im sure other new servers had good amount too). so what makes you think that no one will play this?

nasrok34 wrote:

Also this game is always P2W
      if it falls in greedfreak hands.. yes. but otherwise, not necessarily

nasrok34 wrote:

RS is not.
      i heard differently from a friend, but not gonna argue against that regardless since i didn't play it myself so i wouldn't know. also this thread isnt about rs anyway (i only brought it up as an example)

nasrok34 wrote:

i dont think it will work. people try to make easy game for with multies. but u want a harder game . a bad loop again.
      well it could be made against the rules. this will be technically a different game so it could have different rules.
    • US server has more player because many other server player on it too. Not only UK. no more talk about rs it is kicks this game 10 x times :D

if they can change rules. it is better making at here. as i writed before. they can inform players . it is more easy to take players on old acc instead of restarting them 3rd time (one is normal start 2nd is us and 3rd that u want new server one)

but if there will be 20 level max on sp's no wings no stats etc maybe i can start at that server too. but it doesnt take long to play again at there.

edit: no shells too on items.
    • nasrok34 wrote:

US server has more player because many other server player on it too. Not only UK.
      had* but anyways where did i claim that only uk players are on us? some uk players went there some didnt, some came from other servers and some were new.. and again im proposing 1 global server for this one as i think that's the best course of action for maintain a decent player base. and i don't even understand what's your counter argument with this sentence anyways..

as for the rest of what you said, i don't really understand it to be honest.
    • i still got a installer from 2008 :P

NosTale_UK_20080319.exe

it has stuff till act 3 , some data from act4 , but mostly not in use~ so i know this thing was from a bit before act 4 came out~
      (has mob data , but no mob models for act 4 , neither the maps are rendered , eccept for a early version of port alvues)
      how do i know whats inside this package? er... magic :3
      also yeh 20080319 = 2008-03-19

but yeh it even has old MAPS (not just old nosville!)
      (pretty sure im not allowed to post the screenshots tough...)
      also characters had 8 sides , instead of the 4 , and mirror (so ur character had an actual left and right side)
      oow and the old character portraits .. adventurer so cute q.q

eh i forgot where i was going with this post... o well
    • Chipy wrote:

oow and the old character portraits .. adventurer so cute q.q

eh i forgot where i was going with this post... o well
      well.. i know. you were gonna say that for this one, adventurer should be the only class. and instead of choosing a new job, you will be able to wield all weapons.. and can obtain all cards. but you can only use cards when you got the right equipment equipped (so u can only use archer sps when u got bow,dagger,tunic equipped). and that would open up a lot of possibilities and dynamics
    • Gandalof wrote:

nasrok34 wrote:

US server has more player because many other server player on it too. Not only UK.
      had* but anyways where did i claim that only uk players are on us? some uk players went there some didnt, some came from other servers and some were new.. and again im proposing 1 global server for this one as i think that's the best course of action for maintain a decent player base. and i don't even understand what's your counter argument with this sentence anyways..
      as for the rest of what you said, i don't really understand it to be honest.
      i mean at there there is like global server it is. all others which bored current server opened acc on US. btw i dont said you are thinking only uk player at there. you try to say a global server right ? that us server is like global server many different server players on it. i try to say that.

when US opened killed other servers, another new one kill more too .

as i mentioned before i can play for 30-40 level with old version of it. later i give up it. no more play and waste time at there.

edit: i was a forum thread for old pictures but it is closed now here the link Old Memories with Screenshots some of my old screenshots. (maybe morgoth can take it back :D )
    • nasrok34 wrote:

i mean at there there is like global server it is. all others which bored current server opened acc on US. btw i dont said you are thinking only uk player at there. you try to say a global server right ? that us server is like global server many different server players on it. i try to say that.

when US opened killed other servers, another new one kill more too .
      i mean sure, but i don't see how what you're saying is related to this idea. US server is still not a global server, even if it was.. this idea isn't about making global server, it's about old nostale.. i just said global and other things as side ideas but not the main focus and i would be fine even if they aren't implemented.
    • Gandalof wrote:

well.. i know. you were gonna say that for this one, adventurer should be the only class. and instead of choosing a new job, you will be able to wield all weapons.. and can obtain all cards. but you can only use cards when you got the right equipment equipped (so u can only use archer sps when u got bow,dagger,tunic equipped). and that would open up a lot of possibilities and dynamics
      nah... i think classes shud stay :o its not Nostalegic(ehehe see what i did der?) , if u change the main game mechanics :<