Gameforge Taking Back the Gold Earned in Mad March Raid

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gameforge Taking Back the Gold Earned in Mad March Raid

I have seen people getting tons of gold from the Mad March Raid and it is destroying the economy of Nostale, but they fixed the raid within 24 hrs, which saved the economy and brought back the prices of items in bazaar back to normal. So, why did Gameforge decided to take away the gold earned from the event 3 days after the fix? When most of the gold already circulated in bazaar or trades or whatsoever.

How would they differentiate the players who did the raid normally and the players who did the raid by staying at the portal and finish raid.

As I have observed they already took away gold from a selected few players.
  • Because they don't care about players. They officially launched the raid meaning they should have tested and made it at least not as stupid as it was, yet they didn't. I know of people who went IRC to ask gms if it was okay to do raid with alts because it took players 1 minute to figure out raid was easily farmed with alts. No gm said we shouldn't do it because, if it was officially launched, alts are freely allowed and no bug is being used why wouldn't the players be able to do it? But after realizing Gameforge's 'mistake' and people crying that raid is too easy and too much reward (which yes it was even though I did spam with alts too) they decided they should patch the raid. Ok. Expected them to either make raid harder or less reward like snowman, nope, they made raid utterly useless when boxes dont' even have perfections or anything to make them worth. Ok. But since that wasn't enough to ruin event for players they went ahead and took away the effort we made, when IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE to not test the raid for 5 minutes and see how busted it was.

I get it event would have ruined economy, not everyone had time to spam raid on that specific day. But why should the players who made efforts have to pay for that when it is totally unrelated to them. Players unsuspectingly did raid because they wanted to play the game and get rewarded, like every other event. And people who invested on alts what do they get back? I spent hours spamming raid and I ended with 30m less than I had before event started. so I grinded to lose gold? Why would you do that to players..

We did not exploit any bug, bombs did hit entrance but game mechanics were so weak and I can see game devs didn't think much about the raid, just throw a few already used things together and make something 'new'. Unless someone was very very unlucky, there wouldn't be 3 bombs hitting entrance (that was loss condition when using alts) but you can't call that a bug and blame it on players. For once admit your mistakes and stop screwing server population because you have too much pride to admit it
  • Kinishinai wrote:

I spent hours spamming raid and I ended with 30m less than I had before event started. so I grinded to lose gold? Why would you do that to players..

Pls.

1) Those people who were making this raid with 14 alters + main got 30M/hour on average. So, or you don't know how to raid, or you don't have enough alters, or you didn't spend "hours spamming raid".

2) Me and my friends did 0 raids because it was totally unfair and bad for the economy, it could be "legal" because it's a mistake of gameforge... it was also a mistake the problem we had a long time ago with the quest that let people reach lvl 99 in 1-2 days and gameforge decreased their lvls a few days after that.

3) You that maybe are one of the highest mages on US Cylloan and a referent for most of the players... YOU SHOULDN'T give that bad image from our community. Try to be an example to follow, instead of being an abusing player that now cries because he has 30M less. Man you have amazing stuff, and "lose" 30M and a few hours of your life is nothing. I used to lose a lot of gold per week that I made leeching people upgrating my stuff and i'm not crying xD
    The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
  • Delox wrote:

Kinishinai wrote:

I spent hours spamming raid and I ended with 30m less than I had before event started. so I grinded to lose gold? Why would you do that to players..
    Pls.

1) Those people who were making this raid with 14 alters + main got 30M/hour on average. So, or you don't know how to raid, or you don't have enough alters, or you didn't spend "hours spamming raid".

2) Me and my friends did 0 raids because it was totally unfair and bad for the economy, it could be "legal" because it's a mistake of gameforge... it was also a mistake the problem we had a long time ago with the quest that let people reach lvl 99 in 1-2 days and gameforge decreased their lvls a few days after that.

3) You that maybe are one of the highest mages on US Cylloan and a referent for most of the players... YOU SHOULDN'T give that bad image from our community. Try to be an example to follow, instead of being an abusing player that now cries because he has 30M less. Man you have amazing stuff, and "lose" 30M and a few hours of your life is nothing. I used to lose a lot of gold per week that I made leeching people upgrating my stuff and i'm not crying xD
    1) Are you stupid? I ended with 30m less cause I invested on the raid and gameforge knows how to take away profit but not how to give back investment.

2) I don't care what you and your friends do or don't do or why you don't do it. If something is officially released then it's supposed to be playable content for players. Be balanced or not no one can blame players who play what is intended yo be played.

3) I am the highest mage on US, doesn't mean I have to set example for anyone just like when you were the highest mage on US you set example for no one. And you call defending my hours grinding as bad image for community? Community can't complain about unfairness? Isn't that what you all are doing? Because it's unfair people with alts get so much profit and you can't so you cry it's unfair. What difference is there on my post from the complains about the raid. Not everyone thinks only about themselves like you. I wasn't the only one investing and if it makes it easier for your low comprehension skills I rephrase that: Players invested gold to do a raid that was officially launched and they ended up with less gold than they started with.

I suggest you think before you open your mouth. I know the raid was busted, everyone knew it. Is taking the gold back the solution? I don't think so. There are other ways to fix mistakes than to punish their player base.
  • Gameforge simply took action because an exploit like this would hurt the server economy. (Which is why the raid was patched the next day)

As for the gold removal we are already on it, and effected people are already instructed to send a ticket if they have questions regarding this issue.
    As for why it was decided to take the gold away same as the first line, people who spammed it a lot (While using the bug exploit) would gain a big gold advantage and that would hurt the economic balance of the server. (And it would also be unfair towards players who did not spam or do the the raid)
    I guess its all about perspective on this one.

A thread like this in the forum will serve nothing so I will now close it.