Should Nostale improve Act 6 drops?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Jekyll wrote:

      because we need to maintain "all people are equal" bs
      clearly entwell doesn't care about maintaining that. which im glad about. you too, don't have to support it if you don't agree with it. and im not talking about irl or whatever, that is just an analogy you made and it's fine.. but im saying in regards to nostale a6 and this topic, you really don't have to support making it easier for the sake of other ideologies you don't agree with.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Jekyll wrote:

      These are the ones complaining usually, because good players arent complaining about costs, more like time because its boring.
      Cost depends on where you play. Though I know this is less to do with Act6 itself and more to do with the terrible state that the UK server is in, the costs of levelling Clv there certainly aren't low: US mackerel is 17.9k in bazaar at the moment. UK is 147k.

      In my own opinion, as someone who's already levelled Champion level, it is a total waste of time.

      1. It costs a fortune to do - Perhaps not so much of an issue on the US, but in UK it's a different story.

      2. It's slow, repetitive and can be incredibly frustrating - DC and you've just lost a chunk of experience which may not be too much of a loss at lower levels, but is a huge annoyance at higher levels.

      3. There's no reward at the end of it! - Again, I can't speak for US, but for UK it's pointless. You spend a fortune on items to level. You spend hours and hours levelling. Then there's practically no way to get equipment. Betting costs so much with such low chances it's totally impractical for anyone except those willing to Nosmall insane amounts. Buying isn't an option - there's barely any active players to raid and buy decent equipment from. And the thought of winning is laughable! I'm lucky enough to be part of a family which regularly does Fernon and have been raiding almost since the raids began. In all of that time I could count the number of equipment (all low r and bad shelled) I've won on both hands. If I get any equipment at all, even a bad one, from a week of raids, I consider myself very, very lucky.
    • Kaile wrote:

      Jekyll wrote:

      These are the ones complaining usually, because good players arent complaining about costs, more like time because its boring.
      Cost depends on where you play. Though I know this is less to do with Act6 itself and more to do with the terrible state that the UK server is in, the costs of levelling Clv there certainly aren't low: US mackerel is 17.9k in bazaar at the moment. UK is 147k.
      In my own opinion, as someone who's already levelled Champion level, it is a total waste of time.

      1. It costs a fortune to do - Perhaps not so much of an issue on the US, but in UK it's a different story.

      2. It's slow, repetitive and can be incredibly frustrating - DC and you've just lost a chunk of experience which may not be too much of a loss at lower levels, but is a huge annoyance at higher levels.

      3. There's no reward at the end of it! - Again, I can't speak for US, but for UK it's pointless. You spend a fortune on items to level. You spend hours and hours levelling. Then there's practically no way to get equipment. Betting costs so much with such low chances it's totally impractical for anyone except those willing to Nosmall insane amounts. Buying isn't an option - there's barely any active players to raid and buy decent equipment from. And the thought of winning is laughable! I'm lucky enough to be part of a family which regularly does Fernon and have been raiding almost since the raids began. In all of that time I could count the number of equipment (all low r and bad shelled) I've won on both hands. If I get any equipment at all, even a bad one, from a week of raids, I consider myself very, very lucky.
      The problem with equipment really depends on number of active players. Currently German servers have so much equipment that even eq worth 200m in US costs 100m there.
      I'm also not rly lucky with fernon raids, even though I've been doing like 100 each week for 2.5months I guess. Cant do now cuz all teams are full and nobody's looking for new members.Sad.
    • Hi :)

      I'm really excited to read that much replies with interesting points of view. By the way, I would like to introduce a new question related to this topic.

      Should Nostale add a LoD 2.0 with strong monsters that need 3-6 family members to lure efficiently there and offer an alternative for those players who like to play as a group (healer, tank, damager...) and also solve the main problems of finding a free map for x2 exp / busy days?

      As most of you know, the only worth 6.1 map to lure is Ruins 2, last x2 exp I went to Ruins 1 (maybe the 2nd better map) as a improvised sustitute and Rements mechanics make my exp/hour decrease to similar amounts as what I obtain now without x2 exp in Ruins 2...

      I'm not saying to make a LoD 2.0 where people can obtain MORE EXP than Ruins 2, but yes a FAMILY MAP where people would be able to obtain SIMILAR EXP as a GROUP in SPECIFIC SCHEDULES.

      What's your point of view about that? It would be a pleasure to read the pros & cons about my suggestion :D

      PD: I want to clarify that I'm not suggesting to open this LoD 2.0 the same amount of hours than traditional LoD.
      The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
    • Delox wrote:

      I'm really excited to read that much replies with interesting points of view.
      i was excited to see my idol is back and posting :) (although ur a meanie and always ignored me ingame.. inb4 this also get ignored)

      Delox wrote:

      Should Nostale add a LoD 2.0 with strong monsters that need 3-6 family members to lure efficiently there and offer an alternative for those players who like to play as a group (healer, tank, damager...) and also solve the main problems of finding a free map for x2 exp / busy days?
      sure, i don't mind this idea. more options for players is always good. as long as it's open at all times and in all channels. (same what i think should be done to the lod we got now)
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • There are a lot of tangents responses but in regards to the idea of changing 6.1/6.2 rates this is my opinion on the arguements stated:

      • End game content therefore its hard: True but when end game content is reached ppl share methods of leveling more effectively (which you can argue has been done) However the hardness still revolves around issues with bugs and glitches in the game --> I think its more valid that GF/Entwell continues to make bug/glitch patches a priority - for example: prioritize patching 6.1/6.2 instead of bugs in lvl 1-80 raids. In regards to some issues with difficult due to bugs: map design (clunky --> fps lag), morale (seems to not affect dodge rate as much). The latter point is arguable to not being a bug which means it was meant to hard with morale not affecting as much.
      • End game content needs better money methods: not really. In the past when players did LoD (and end game was 5.1) before leeching was possible it still cost a lot to buy fps, boas, dolls, boosters - this is meant to say that realistically majority of players will be in deficit from LoD. It was only in 5.1 and 5.2 that lvling and making profit at the same time became more realistic for all players, however since 5.1 and 5.2 content lasted so long before 6.1/6.1 was released people may assume it should be this way for all higher content in Nostale.

        If you wanted to argue that there are better methods such as raiding netting more gold, that's true but this has been the same for every level bracket (doing raids has always netted gold). I think people are trying to argue that they want a larger variety of methods not necessarily better methods?
      • LoD 2.0 version of 6.1/6.2: I actually wouldn't mind that. I think it would give more incentive for players that say its too hard to level if they find players. It may bring issues such as ppl doing too much dps so they steal exp from healer/tanker. However, I can also imagine this abused by solo PvE players (bring full buffs into map --> clear by self instead of pty for same exp)
      In short I think the only changes to 6.1 and 6.2 are bug fixes/patches, then people will do it. For those that know me, the only reason I'm not high clvl is due to my wooden laptop which spontaneously crashes NOT dc so I dont put in the energy for it + work/personal responsibilities.