Should Nostale improve Act 6 drops?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Jekyll wrote:

      Explain me how the prices are ridiculously high right now? They've added 20 amulets worth of 60 fails in betting of a6 equipment as a jackpot into noswheel. You can also get equipment from zenas/erenia raids and fernon raids.
      Didn't say they are, you threw amusement park in the equation, if prices aren't appealing then ppl won't buy it, which is a6, sure 20 amulets as jackpot but it's a gamble item, can tell you from experience you won't get very far with those, so you gotta cash in, be lucky to get jackpot 20 amulets and be lucky that you get anything done wit that. does that make anyone want to spin the wheel? I don't think so, very sure they do it for other reasons. exact same for a6 boxes, you gotta be lucky for high rare, lucky for equip, luckier for decent shell. Not complaining, but not very viable to get equipments is it?

      Also gotta say pvp is pretty dead exactly because this game is heavy p2w. why would I ever step arena when ppl who cash their whole life savings got op stuff, while I'm f2p, don't have op stuff and I can't even compete on price when someone drops decent equip from fernon. so unless you're very high level and very op, no point even trying

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Kinishinai ().

    • Kinishinai wrote:

      Not complaining, but not very viable to get equipments is it?
      Wrong game to play then; It was evident from the start that random lv90+ shells in c25-48 equipment were op compared to 71-80 shells in 92-96 eq. If you look even deeper, there's a x% chance to boost dmg by x% which makes the game even more variable, both pve and pvp. You cant change all of these now,therefore RNG will always be a part of nostale. You can lower the price for betting amulets, but people doing fernon raids will still profit greatly because they get the most r7 eq compared to betting. And fernon raids arent p2w.
    • Now tldr the whole replies regarding the main act 6 topic but all im going to say is this.
      When I was lv 92 and was using lv 92 eqp s I started to do some act 6 mobbing and man it was awful for me.
      Took a lot of time to get that 10% cxp like atleast a hour and it was only chl 1.Now and again there would be a little oopsie which would result in my death and BOOM lost 5% of my cxp aka half an hour.
      Keep reapeting this cyrcle and you want to cut your veins out of anger.
      For me the realization that after so many months of intense lodding of pleading for ppl to come and lod with and doing fc raids in the same time was already exhausting ten they added act 6 which didn't even had a intro movie like the rest of the acts, imagined that but multiplied by 5.With only 1 mage alt to help.Sigh.
      I was trying back then to advocate for that usseles -5% penalty to be removed but boy did I got into an intense argument that only the rules of this forum could stop from going all out.
      Bassicaly there was this guy (idk his name but too careless to search) who not only loved this fact that dying penalize you 5% of cxp but he wanted to make it for normal level and job level as well.

      But regardless al I can say is that I hated act 6,and leveling to chl 2 was a nightmare that I didn't wanted to reapet,as Morgoth said,the maps are glitchy as duck and I have no idea if it was resolved but from what Morgotitatata said it isn't.
      I know the 99 lvls bois were crying 'OMG ENTWELL WE WANT NEW CONTENT OR WE LEAVE' yada yada but was extreme braindead grinding from ch lv 1 to ch lv 50 in act 6 the right answer for this ?
      Idk.For me surely isn't.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Morgoth wrote:

      Gandalof wrote:

      the only leveling system i don't like is LoD because it's so restrictive. i wish lvling with quests or mobbing was viable for 55 to 88/90.
      Agreed. I personally hate games that force me to grind or do something in a boring loop-repeat to level. (I only mean this for lving not for having to mob to farm something)
      well.. what im saying is actually different. i think that an mmorpgs that needs a lot of grinding is fine, i agree that "a boring loop-repeat to level" is not ideal.. but grinding is the heart of mmorpg genre (at least when it started), and having some boring repetitiveness
      is unavoidable.. but as long as there are many different activities (whether to lvl or earn money or just have fun) are there.. which nostale has, then some grindy repetitive parts are ok for me.

      my main issue with LoD as i said, is the restriction. it is only open at certain times and forces you to choose between either doing it or other activities (such as ic, fc raid). another thing is that there is only 1 instance of it, unlike any other map which has 5.. so if it's "full" you're out of luck.


      Jekyll wrote:

      The issue is that this content supposed to be 95+ but they made it 88+ and its too late to change it.
      well.. i don't think that's an issue. it's possible at lvl88 and you provided an example. so no issues there.

      and.. as you said, it is not newbie friendly (and rightfully so, players at that point should have played enough to be experienced enough to deal with it). so the only issue here is that players who are saying it is too hard, they need to git gud.
    • Jekyll wrote:

      Morgoth wrote:

      They always do that, and I never understood why.
      There would be people likeWhy do we have to lvl to 95 if we can do it even with arena equipment??? We dont want these bs lods from 88 to 90, its HELL

      @Pinkamena I like that pic
      Fair enough,that was my opinion on act 6.
      It was already hard enough for me to keep up playing with that intensive griding,the fact that they further mutilated UK server by making and opening a new server was the cherry on the top that made me quit nos for good. The only regret I had was that at one point I did payd which was a big mistake and a waste of money in the long run,but alas what is broken cannot be reforged.
      I will probably start playing competitively again once they remove random bullshits from nosmall,but one can dream.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Gandalof wrote:

      i don't think that's an issue. it's possible at lvl88 and you provided an example. so no issues there.
      It is an issue, which is greater costs. You take more damage, you deal significantly less damage, your pets take more damage and your hp is lower.

      Gandalof wrote:

      so the only issue here is that players who are saying it is too hard, they need to git gud.
      These are the ones complaining usually, because good players arent complaining about costs, more like time because its boring.


      Pinkamena wrote:

      reforged.
      hmh... :)

      Pinkamena wrote:

      once they remove random bullshits from nosmall,but one can dream.
      Yep, thats why you should (ignore "3")
    • Jekyll wrote:

      It is an issue, which is greater costs. You take more damage, you deal significantly less damage, your pets take more damage and your hp is lower.
      but it is possible. i know it would cost more, and that's for the player to decide if it's worth or not. but as long as it can be done at lvl88, i don't see and issue with allowing it at lvl88. players can always chose to go at a later level.

      the issue would've been if you could go at let's say.. from lvl 70, well clearly it's impossible for a lvl70 to do. so it wouldn't make sense to make it available at that level.

      Jekyll wrote:

      These are the ones complaining usually, because good players arent complaining about costs
      yeah, so instead of complaining they should just realize the issue is with them and not the game. so instead of game being dumbed down, they should git gud
    • Gandalof wrote:

      but it is possible. i know it would cost more, and that's for the player to decide if it's worth or not. but as long as it can be done at lvl88, i don't see and issue with allowing it at lvl88. players can always chose to go at a later level.
      I see an issue because people cant stop bringing the "too hard" card. Thats why it should've been 95+ and everyone would complain about it being lv95+ but lv95+ with good eq would not really complain about the difficulty and costs.


      Gandalof wrote:

      players can always chose to go at a later level.
      Yes, but they see that some 88lv are lvling and they cant, so they assume that they have to do it at lv88 too. smh
      people are dumb ik

      on-topic: increased drop rate wont attract more people to do act6, so you can pull down that card, Delox. just lvl and then earn money
    • Yes,how dare people complain for the game they are playing and sometimes paying to be more enjoyable.What a bunch of neewbs,like git good or gtfo.Dont you dare bring your opinion in to the table because mmorpg is all about grinding and shouldn't be about anything else.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Pinkamena wrote:

      Yes,how dare people complain for the game they are playing and sometimes paying to be more enjoyable.What a bunch of neewbs,like git good or gtfo.Dont you dare bring your opinion in to the table because mmorpg is all about grinding and shouldn't be about anything else.
      If you play for fun why do you care about grinding so much then? How is it in the way of chilling? And yeah mmorpg is all about competition, so the "im not good enough but the game should be gentle" card IS OFF THE TABLE TOO 8)
      c28 is also not expected to be achieved in short/mid-term, but people want to rush because some no-lifers get good and troll them.
    • Jekyll wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Yes,how dare people complain for the game they are playing and sometimes paying to be more enjoyable.What a bunch of neewbs,like git good or gtfo.Dont you dare bring your opinion in to the table because mmorpg is all about grinding and shouldn't be about anything else.
      If you play for fun why do you care about grinding so much then? How is it in the way of chilling? And yeah mmorpg is all about competition, so the "im not good enough but the game should be gentle" card IS OFF THE TABLE TOO 8)
      Yh what more can I say ?
      Enjoy when act 7 will come and you will to grind till ch 100 or 150.
      I simply didn't saw the point of act 6 to enlarge the lv pool anyway,the new eqp/items could had remained at lv 99 too but ohh well.
      Ok this is going off topic.Im off to the spam section. Bye !
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Jekyll wrote:

      I see an issue because people cant stop bringing the "too hard" card.
      well then it's their fault. nothing wrong with the game itself.

      Jekyll wrote:

      Thats why it should've been 95+ and everyone would complain about it being lv95+ but lv95+ with good eq would not really complain about the difficulty and costs.
      but then, players who want to do it at 88, 90 or 92 would be restricted to having to go 95 and complain.. so if it's just for the sake of stopping complaints, this wont do.

      i say, as long as the flaw isn't within the game itself then nothing needs to be changed. enough games are dumbing down difficulties to satisfy people who can't handle anything slightly complex or difficult. we don't need more of that.
    • There is nothing slightly complex or difficult,doing the same thing over and over will become boring at some point. smh.
      But oh well,i said im out of here,sorry !
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Jekyll wrote:

      Gandalof wrote:

      enough games are dumbing down difficulties to satisfy people who can't handle anything slightly complex or difficult. we don't need more of that.
      IRL its also in education system, dumbing down knowledge so everyone gets gud grades and entitled parents dont come complaining/ also preventing outcast formation
      ok.. even if it happens in other places (in other games or irl) why do we have to support that mentality?

      Pinkamena wrote:

      There is nothing slightly complex or difficult,doing the same thing over and over will become boring at some point. smh.
      But oh well,i said im out of here,sorry !
      sure, but if that's the case then "it's too hard, it should be easier" argument is invalid. because you said, it's not difficult (and i agree with that it's really not, i was just saying that for the sake of counter arguing that point).

      basically, if you say it's not hard.. then nothing needs to be changed right?
      if you say it's too hard, then git gud. if many other people can do it, the issue is you.