Should Nostale improve Act 6 drops?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Should Nostale improve Act 6 drops?

      Hello I'm Delox and I love PvE. Maybe you know me because I was the 1st 99 of US Cylloan with shitty equipment. Now I'm 99+36 because I decided to reach this month 99+50. I know that there are a lot of players that already are 99+50 but the point is, why most of people still being low ch lvl?

      The answer is easy.

      Is the only level that you can't get without waste money (only if you leech people while leveling it, but if you wanna have the power of decide when and how many time you want to level it, you can't.)

      I know is the last level and the most important, but if you work full-time or you study in the university + having gf or friends (social life) + other hobbies... trust me, it's really hard to reach 99+50 in short/mid-term without Nosmalling.

      Luckily, I can put Nosmall and I decided to invest 100-200€ to pay all the stuff that I need to reach 99+50, but is that fair? As PvE player I love Nostale because until 5.2 you can level while earning gold (that you can use to keep improving your char.), but in act 6.1 (6.2 it's not worth to level there if you are +28) it's not possible.

      My point of view is clear, Nostale should improve act 6 drops: maybe adding a resistence (light/water) like Magmaros or maybe increasing the relics drop or value.

      Of course there are other possibilities and points of view, so... What do you think?

      - Delox
      The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
    • Delox wrote:

      My point of view is clear, Nostale should improve act 6 drops: maybe adding a resistence (light/water) like Magmaros or maybe increasing the relics drop or value.
      There is a server with this, and you know the answer. 1) This is not going to happen because it would ruin the silver coin farming if it was implemented. And I'm also against the addition of light/water res into "easy" farming.

      Delox wrote:

      if you work full-time or you study in the university + having gf or friends (social life) + other hobbies... trust me, it's really hard to reach 99+50 in short/mid-term without Nosmalling.
      2) Aye and why people have to reach 99+50 in short/mid-term if they have work and want to chill with friends too? You're making it personal and GF doesnt want to hear anything about it. BoAs are not that costly on US serv;
      On german s1 I lvled with 99+30 mage to +45 without any problem, yes it did cost me time to lvl and money to buy Star tarots, nosmate/partner guardian angels (= "dolls"), BoAs and fullis. But it's CHAMPION lvl, and many in german forum would beat the **** out of you for trying to make it easier.
      If you dont want to spend time on NosTale as your hobby - tough luck.


      Delox wrote:

      why most of people still being low ch lvl?
      A. Don't want to spend so much time lvling/ bother with lvling because it hardly matters in a4 pve/ a5/ other raids except a6 content
      B. Don't know how to efficiently spend their time in act6
      C. Don't want to annoy themselves by spending all the time in act6 (even 1h/day would take at least 3 months to get to +25 as a regular player)
      D. They are in it for a good time and not for lvl.

      Trust me, adding resis or even increasing exp in a6 wont change much for those who dont want to lvl now, but those who already are +50 gonna make profit from it (farming or leeching multiaccounts or other people for money -> still doesnt solve your problem)


      Delox wrote:

      I decided to invest 100-200€ to pay all the stuff that I need to reach 99+50, but is that fair?
      Yes, it is fair because you want to have too much without losing anything. Things dont work like you expect them to work.


      Delox wrote:

      until 5.2 you can level while earning gold (that you can use to keep improving your char.)
      Oh yeah, and what is it? Drops in LoD?

      off-topic:
      also where's Yours sincerely Tomps? :grumble:
      Get yourself together and go lvling without this nonsense
    • People know you cause you're a prick to most of them

      You leveled to c28 and didn't make a thread why? Now because you're realizing it will take some effort to get c50 you want some value increase out of it. Rest Jekyll said, it's endgame and it makes sense to require time and effort, otherwise everyone with be max level with 0 effort, fun of it ends faster and if that's what you looking for you should go play on [insert server name]
    • Thanks for your sharing your points of view :)

      As supporter of "rework of 6.1" I would like to underline that I don't want an easiest way to reach lvl +50. As PvE lover I hate other servers with highest exp rates. I love invest hundreds of hours leveling and fighting vs difficult maps (6.1 is not difficult is just bugged... due to the fake 3d map and invisible walls...).

      The main point of my topic is just to discuss if it is "fair" that 6.1 is a map that it is not worth to lure there in terms of cost not time.

      I perfectly understand that you want to make it challenging... but this game is recommended to kids with more than 12 years old. And due to the current situation, if they wanna play for example 2h every day leveling ch lvl, they need to put Nosmall with 12 years or spend 1h out of this 2 earning gold leeching some1 because if not its imposible to manage this situation.

      And to be honest this is the ONLY map that is not worth...

      • From 1 to 85 you can lvl free doing AOT (anyway if you wanna do LoD, just farming the cellon 6 + 63 eq + accessories you pay all your stuff (and if this is not enough you have the IC between LoDs to ensure you have all the gold you need).
      • From 8X to 9X you can lvl free in GK or move to act 5.2 at lvl 90 and just with the diamonds loot pay all your stuff (and have a nice day if you get some Magmaro's Gloves).
      But from ch lvl... of course you can reach +50 doing 6.2 without waste to much money, but as PvE player I know that all games let you earn more and more gold x hour as you increase your lvl and you can farm in difficult areas... but Nostale has a huge problem in this aspect.

      In other words, I don't want to get ch lvl FASTER or CHEAPER, I just want to be able TO MAKE MONEY while spending lots of hours moobing that is something essential in any mmorpg.
      The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
    • The money making would come from the raids you can do faster and better with c stuff/ leeching or becoming more efficient. Much like LoD part of the game, if you think you earn gold there you certainly aren't luring and if you wanna point to ics, same goes for a6 lvling, you can do 1h and go ic and make another hour after. You said you like investing hours yet you say 6.2 is not worth it. while 6.2 actually leaves you on positive balance you refuse to do it cause it takes too long. so either take longer or use more resources, your choice

      Edit: although the game says it's for 12 yo pretty much all about a6 is heavy p2w, so can't really use that card
    • How can I make a good clvl equipment for raids to earn gold for leveling in 6.1 if I don't have gold because I waste it to reach the lvl I need to use this equipment... It sounds familiar no? Yes, is the same situation as when you wanna get a job to earn experience in it but you recquire experience to get it...

      I know you can find a lot of "arguments" to avoid recognize that act 6.1 needs a rework, but the current situation of a lot of people stucked between lvls 88-93 is not because they are lazy, is because keep improving is more than a challenge, is a waste of time or real money that if you don't give alternatives they won't pass for it. So finally, you can keep your point of view, but this game will die if the late-game is not enough attractive for most of the current players.

      Now say wathever you want, but last 10 years of Nostale talk for me as a living evidence of my argument. When act 5.2 was implemented all the people was excited but act 6.1 and 6.2 were the beginning of the end.

      It is necessary to rework act 6 to #MakeNostaleGreatAgain
      The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
    • The whole problem of Act6 is being p2w. that's your answer, you don't need to get gold to buy equipemnts, you need to spend irl money to bet equips and that is entwell/ Gf interest and that is the reason they prob won't touch a6 and that is also why ppl who were happy with Act5 were not happy with Act6, for they thought they had reached max lvl, 99, spent time raiding for those parchments jsut to get a whole new act with lvls starting from 0 and with p2w equips that are better than the ones they hard farmed. that farming was even basicaly wasted since they made parchments a daily mission. Nos is dying because entwell/gf interest are very different from players'
    • I completly agree with you. And I think your last sentence is the best way to define the current Nostale problem: "Nostale is dying because entwell/gf interests are very different from players".

      Just add that Entwell doesn't have this problem because its Nostale is completly playable without p2w. Unluckily, GF decided to change several things/game mechanics to make sure that the game license is worth for them. Something totally understable (I've studied Business Management and it's the rule number 1, make your business profitable or leave it.), but to be honest there is a huge gap between make this game profitable and what they are offering to us.

      With that I want to underline that they can decrease the p2w-dependence of the game without losing money, just because if the game is more playable, more people will play it, that would bring more trust and friends to the current players, and that would make people invest more money in it. Maybe less amount per player, but with more players the total amount could be the same or even more while more players would be playing Nostale, so the life of the game would be longer.... and well it's not necessary to be a genious to understand this xD
      The main difference between PvE and PvP player is that the first one fights vs himself to achieve his best version of himself while the second one just wanna be better than others.
    • Delox wrote:

      6.1 is not difficult is just bugged... due to the fake 3d map and invisible walls...
      Agree with that one

      Delox wrote:

      if it is "fair" that 6.1 is a map that it is not worth to lure there in terms of cost not time.
      There is 6.2, but also the game is intended to be co-operative (hence less cost per hour), so if you cant/dont want to find anyone to lvl with, you should be fine on your own and not complain.

      Delox wrote:

      but this game is recommended to kids with more than 12 years old. And due to the current situation, if they wanna play for example 2h every day leveling ch lvl, they need to put Nosmall with 12 years or spend 1h out of this 2 earning gold leeching some1 because if not its imposible to manage this situation.
      Ergh.. No! It means that content inside the game is recommended but NOT LIMITED TO 12 yo and older, which is 12 to infinite years old. They dont need to put money into the game because there are 18+ who are donating into the game to achieve the same but lack enough free time (work/study/hobbies); u cant buy resistances for nos$, you have to farm. If you dont have time to farm, you buy them from those who have enough time to farm. Its mutually compensated. This is MMORPG.

      Delox wrote:

      From 8X to 9X you can lvl free in GK or move to act 5.2 at lvl 90 and just with the diamonds loot pay all your stuff (and have a nice day if you get some Magmaro's Gloves).
      wdym free? you need tarots and boas, as well as healing items and dolls;
      not as much as in act6 but its only act3 content


      Delox wrote:

      as PvE player I know that all games let you earn more and more gold x hour as you increase your lvl and you can farm in difficult areas... but Nostale has a huge problem in this aspect.
      go and play something else then, I dont see a problem. It's manageable and it should stay as it is. The only thing needed is the fix of invisible walls.


      Delox wrote:

      I don't want to get ch lvl FASTER or CHEAPER, I just want to be able TO MAKE MONEY
      Do you realize that making money would result in cheaper lvling? lmao


      Delox wrote:

      Yes, is the same situation as when you wanna get a job to earn experience in it but you recquire experience to get it...
      Exactly, but people still find jobs.


      Delox wrote:

      the current situation of a lot of people stucked between lvls 88-93 is not because they are lazy, is because keep improving is more than a challenge, is a waste of time or real money that if you don't give alternatives they won't pass for it.
      Somewhat true; people are not lazy but like to procrastinate. If everything was so nice and easy, the game would die out rather quickly (lots of 99+50, everyone has nice eq, nothing to do only pvp, only toxicity only conflicts "whos stronger" because pve becomes irrelevant)


      Delox wrote:

      Now say wathever you want, but last 10 years of Nostale talk for me as a living evidence of my argument.
      Maybe you should think about MMORPG in general. Do you think that only NosTale suffered from the loss of players?


      Delox wrote:

      this game will die if the late-game is not enough attractive for most of the current players.
      In [insert server name] lvling is faster, earning gold is easier when u're c28-50 but everything costs a fortune. Their economy barely holds the game together and dont forget about the toxicity and greed.
      Please stop trying to make the game less p2w, it will die out much faster.

      Kinishinai wrote:

      The whole problem of Act6 is being p2w. that's your answer, you don't need to get gold to buy equipemnts, you need to spend irl money to bet equips
      perhaps if there are many people on the serv its not an issue. Check german forums and suggest what will happen after the rework. I dont want to see that.

      Kinishinai wrote:

      entwell/gf interest are very different from players'
      Oh and how are u going to match the interests, players want fun, gf wants money for the fun. Basically, its just an amusement park at this point. Why would an amusement park make the tickets cheaper? would it bring more fun to customers because its cheaper? no, i dont think thats how life works.

      Delox wrote:

      Nostale is completly playable without p2w
      Okay, how does the upgrading system differ on Asian servers?


      Delox wrote:

      if the game is more playable, more people will play it
      nonono, thats a wrong card to pull. How is it going to attract more players??? population of [insert server name] is literally players that decided to stop playing on the official servers. [insert server name] doesnt have a significant amount of "newbies" that decided to play this game just because its easier to lvl in a6.



      Delox wrote:

      Maybe less amount per player, but with more players the total amount could be the same or even more while more players would be playing Nostale, so the life of the game would be longer.... and well it's not necessary to be a genious to understand this xD
      havent invested a single penny into nostale, decrease the requirements for nosmalling and gf will decide that nostale is no more profitable, and then the contract ends in 2020s instead of 2038.
    • Jekyll wrote:



      Kinishinai wrote:

      entwell/gf interest are very different from players'
      Oh and how are u going to match the interests, players want fun, gf wants money for the fun. Basically, its just an amusement park at this point. Why would an amusement park make the tickets cheaper? would it bring more fun to customers because its cheaper? no, i dont think thats how life works.
      They don't need to change their interests. that's jsut the reason why player base is declining. if the amusement park makes prices ridiculously high then ppl won't go there as much
    • Kinishinai wrote:

      Jekyll wrote:

      Kinishinai wrote:

      entwell/gf interest are very different from players'
      Oh and how are u going to match the interests, players want fun, gf wants money for the fun. Basically, its just an amusement park at this point. Why would an amusement park make the tickets cheaper? would it bring more fun to customers because its cheaper? no, i dont think thats how life works.
      They don't need to change their interests. that's jsut the reason why player base is declining. if the amusement park makes prices ridiculously high then ppl won't go there as much
      Explain me how the prices are ridiculously high right now? They've added 20 amulets worth of 60 fails in betting of a6 equipment as a jackpot into noswheel. You can also get equipment from zenas/erenia raids and fernon raids.
    • Jekyll wrote:

      Kinishinai wrote:

      Jekyll wrote:

      Kinishinai wrote:

      entwell/gf interest are very different from players'
      Oh and how are u going to match the interests, players want fun, gf wants money for the fun. Basically, its just an amusement park at this point. Why would an amusement park make the tickets cheaper? would it bring more fun to customers because its cheaper? no, i dont think thats how life works.
      They don't need to change their interests. that's jsut the reason why player base is declining. if the amusement park makes prices ridiculously high then ppl won't go there as much
      Explain me how the prices are ridiculously high right now? They've added 20 amulets worth of 60 fails in betting of a6 equipment as a jackpot into noswheel. You can also get equipment from zenas/erenia raids and fernon raids.
      Guess she/he/it/xe's talking about nos$ prices, like 100$ shoudn't even be a option in childs game.
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • Jekyll wrote:

      Please stop trying to make the game less p2w
      one thing that i don't understand about your arguments is this. why are advocating for p2w so much. if your only reason is game sustainability as u said here:

      Jekyll wrote:

      havent invested a single penny into nostale, decrease the requirements for nosmalling and gf will decide that nostale is no more profitable, and then the contract ends in 2020s instead of 2038.
      then, i'll just say that there are many successful f2p games that has no p2w at all and only sell cosmetics in cash shop, and games that only has "pay for convenience" as they call it.. which is stuff like exp boost.. and not stuff like weapons or costumes that has stats (or only ones that has very slightly better than what's freely available in the game, to the point where the free players can fairly compete without using the cash weapons).

      for me personally, i would want gambling gone from all games. so noswheel will have to go away completely. same with random boxes. and everything will be available in shop directly (even if it means increasing the prices).

      also, i actually don't think nostale will be able to purely sustain on cosmetics because the "fashion" side of it is pretty terrible. but, pay for convenience model is sustainable imo.. and might bring more players in and keep the ones still playing for longer.

      but yeah, i really don't think heavy p2w is the right direction for any game's long term.

      -----------------------------

      besides that, i agree that leveling shouldn't be made into like all those other mmos where it's rush to lvl cap on first day, then most playerbase quit after a month or so because there is nothing to do.

      the only leveling system i don't like is LoD because it's so restrictive. i wish lvling with quests or mobbing was viable for 55 to 88/90.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Kacchan wrote:

      Guess she/he/it/xe's talking about nos$ prices, like 100$ shoudn't even be a option in childs game.
      make it 18+ then :D at least no more ND

      thats offtopic abit


      Gandalof wrote:

      why are advocating for p2w so much
      Because its a business model and its rather successful. The best one is subscription model, u want that? I dont.

      Gandalof wrote:

      i actually don't think nostale will be able to purely sustain on cosmetics because the "fashion" side of it is pretty terrible.
      100% agree.

      Gandalof wrote:

      heavy p2w is the right direction for any game's long term.
      its not heavy p2w, you cant buy resistances for nos$, you cant get lvl for nos$, you cant use full potions for nos$ to win pvp (which is fortunately non-existent, which also contradicts to "heavy" p2w)

      Gandalof wrote:

      the only leveling system i don't like is LoD because it's so restrictive. i wish lvling with quests or mobbing was viable for 55 to 88/90.
      agree,too, thats the REAL issue for newbies guys.


      Gandalof wrote:

      i agree that leveling shouldn't be made into like all those other mmos where it's rush to lvl cap on first day, then most playerbase quit after a month or so because there is nothing to do.
      Exactly why it should stay "complicated" as it is.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Jekyll ().

    • Soryy Jekyll but I agree with Gandalof on this one.

      Gandalof wrote:

      Jekyll wrote:

      havent invested a single penny into nostale, decrease the requirements for nosmalling and gf will decide that nostale is no more profitable, and then the contract ends in 2020s instead of 2038.
      for me personally, i would want gambling gone from all games. so noswheel will have to go away completely. same with random boxes. and everything will be available in shop directly (even if it means increasing the prices).

      also, i actually don't think nostale will be able to purely sustain on cosmetics because the "fashion" side of it is pretty terrible. but, pay for convenience model is sustainable imo.. and might bring more players in and keep the ones still playing for longer.

      but yeah, i really don't think heavy p2w is the right direction for any game's long term.

      -----------------------------
      And I add again LOL is free to play and only makes money from cosmetic items and its doing amazing.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Firstly I am gonna point out that careful not to end up off-topic

      Gandalof wrote:

      for me personally, i would want gambling gone from all games. so noswheel will have to go away completely. same with random boxes. and everything will be available in shop directly (even if it means increasing the prices).
      Agreed.

      Gandalof wrote:

      also, i actually don't think nostale will be able to purely sustain on cosmetics because the "fashion" side of it is pretty terrible. but, pay for convenience model is sustainable imo.. and might bring more players in and keep the ones still playing for longer.
      Agreed

      Pinkamena wrote:

      And I add again LOL is free to play and only makes money from cosmetic items and its doing amazing.
      What Gandalof said above. You can't compare the 2 games at all.

      Gandalof wrote:

      the only leveling system i don't like is LoD because it's so restrictive. i wish lvling with quests or mobbing was viable for 55 to 88/90.
      Agreed. I personally hate games that force me to grind or do something in a boring loop-repeat to level. (I only mean this for lving not for having to mob to farm something)

      Gandalof wrote:

      but yeah, i really don't think heavy p2w is the right direction for any game's long term.
      I have seen games more heavy p2w than Nostale to be honest but I agree in a general sense.
      ------------------

      Back to act 6.1 stuff I am only gonna say about the maps, when act 6.1 was released I was trying a lot to feedback to Entwell that they need to remake those maps, simply horrible. Minimap navigation also horrible. but clearly they went like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Morgoth wrote:

      Minimap navigation also horrible. but clearly they went like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      This smiley mean: Yeah,you know, dumb addicts will still accept that as time passes.

      Morgoth wrote:

      What Jekyll* said above

      tbh I dont really see the problem about act6 equipment, you can still get it from fernon raids. If u lower the chance of getting it from fernon boxes NOW, it would increase the cost of act6 equipment. So people need to lvl to have more hp and withstand fernon's attacks and it requires time and effort. Act6 content is really not newbie friendly, and thats why we hear the complains. It was intended for high lvls who had reached lv96+ and can get into new act, but because its lv88 people find ways to lvl even with low equipment (check 88lv mage with Yerti's 5+7 light staff and 5+7 85 robe on YT whos lvling easy) and get to h28 before they are even 93, hence why bother with 5.2. And the oldies dont want to lvl even more because some of them dont play nostale at all, some just cant be bothered with it and some are doing it slowly, slower than newbies that get to +50 faster than those oldies.
      The issue is that this content supposed to be 95+ but they made it 88+ and its too late to change it.