RULES OF NATURE V1

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Jekyll wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Its cuz of the incoming session.
      I'm past that point tyvm, my last one was on May 23rd :D
      Lmao I didn't even started the session.
      @Gandalof
      Just finished 2 uni assignments this week and wanted to take a break and play a little bit of poke.
      I realized something about the types.
      Some of their interaction don't make sense. (don @me about game balance).
      Fighting -> Steel 2x.
      Yes, try punching a washing machine with your fists, you will sureeeeeeeeeeeely deal tons of damage to it and sureeeeeeely not make your hands bleed.
      Fighting -> Ice 2x.
      Somewhat a more understanding perspective then the above, still the same end result.
      Electric -> Flying 2x.
      *Birds sitting on electric wires dabs at ya˙*.
      Poison -> Bug 1x.
      7 Types of pesticides disagrees. (Also I was sure as hell poison did double to bug).
      Bug -> Dark 2x.
      … How ?
      Psychic -> Poison 2x.
      I mean, in a way it does make sense that Mind cant be poisoned and stuff ( but even that is debatable) but most of the psychic pokemons have normal organic bodies. I don't see a valid reason as why psychic does 2x dmg to poison.
      Ice -> Dragon 2x.
      Why ?
      Traditionally dragons have fire resist and fire powers and that's preety much for every dragon, why ice which is directly countered by fire would be do double dmg to a dragon ?
      Why not Steel ? There are a lot of movies where Dragons are killed by Steel. Maleficent , The Hobbit , Game of Thrones etc...……..


      In other words, here was fine,there's a currently a turmoil in Romania with the European elections , as we co host them with a referendum for justice sector, but hopefully nothing serious.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Pinkamena wrote:

      I realized something about the types.
      Some of their interaction don't make sense. (don @me about game balance).
      Fighting -> Steel 2x.
      Yes, try punching a washing machine with your fists, you will sureeeeeeeeeeeely deal tons of damage to it and sureeeeeeely not make your hands bleed.
      i think it might be a reference to how well trained fighters can break bricks with their fist. i know that's more fitting for rock, but steel is also another strong material that is normally not breakable by a normal human but a fighter could possibly do it. there could be something that i'm missing, but this doesn't sound crazy at all.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Fighting -> Ice 2x.
      Somewhat a more understanding perspective then the above, still the same end result.
      for me it makes less sense than steel tbh. sure, a fighter than can break rocks and steel will be able to break ice easily too.. but what really made this connection? i mean im pretty sure a fighter can easily smash a bug or a plant, so why only chose ice and not bug or grass for example?

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Electric -> Flying 2x.
      *Birds sitting on electric wires dabs at ya˙*.
      uhhhh, yeah because they're insulated. it's protect us too you know. but im pretty sure a lot of birds die while flying into electric wires, so this make a lot of sense.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Poison -> Bug 1x.
      7 Types of pesticides disagrees. (Also I was sure as hell poison did double to bug).
      well if you're gonna use that logic.. why isnt poison super effective against every "living" type? cus you know.. poison can kill 'em all.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Bug -> Dark 2x.
      … How ?
      idk. but fun fact: dark type isn't only about darkness, it's also about fighting dirty. for example moves like foul play and sucker punch. and so it makes sense that a pokemon like incenroar is dark instead of fighting (although i would've loved another fire fighting starter but he's cool so i guess it's fine).

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Psychic -> Poison 2x.
      I mean, in a way it does make sense that Mind cant be poisoned and stuff ( but even that is debatable) but most of the psychic pokemons have normal organic bodies. I don't see a valid reason as why psychic does 2x dmg to poison.
      im not sure why you're flipping it around, what i mean is.. you're arguing why poison should do 2x damage to psychic rather than about why psychic shouldn't do 2x to poison. and i've already countered that above with poison x bug.

      but anyway, i do agree that it doesn't make sense for psychic to do more damage to poison. i mean.. when i think of psychic i obviously think of mind control, telekinesis and stuff like that. but i dont see how that would strong specifically on a poison.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Ice -> Dragon 2x.
      Why ?
      Traditionally dragons have fire resist and fire powers and that's preety much for every dragon, why ice which is directly countered by fire would be do double dmg to a dragon ?
      Why not Steel ? There are a lot of movies where Dragons are killed by Steel. Maleficent , The Hobbit , Game of Thrones etc...……..
      dragons.. dinosaurs.. ice age. need i say more?
    • Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Ice -> Dragon 2x.
      Why ?
      Traditionally dragons have fire resist and fire powers and that's preety much for every dragon, why ice which is directly countered by fire would be do double dmg to a dragon ?
      Why not Steel ? There are a lot of movies where Dragons are killed by Steel. Maleficent , The Hobbit , Game of Thrones etc...……..
      dragons.. dinosaurs.. ice age. need i say more?
      Umm yes, yes you do.
      Dragons aren't dinosaurs ? Dinosaurs did exist and 100% they didn't breath fire, while dragons are fictional and almost always associated with fire, having fire in your arsenal boom you beat ice.
      As a fun fact all dinosaur pokemon have as signature type rock ( hence you know fossils).

      Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Psychic -> Poison 2x.
      I mean, in a way it does make sense that Mind cant be poisoned and stuff ( but even that is debatable) but most of the psychic pokemons have normal organic bodies. I don't see a valid reason as why psychic does 2x dmg to poison.
      im not sure why you're flipping it around, what i mean is.. you're arguing why poison should do 2x damage to psychic rather than about why psychic shouldn't do 2x to poison. and i've already countered that above with poison x bug.
      Oops my bad.

      Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Bug -> Dark 2x.
      … How ?
      idk. but fun fact: dark type isn't only about darkness, it's also about fighting dirty. for example moves like foul play and sucker punch. and so it makes sense that a pokemon like incenroar is dark instead of fighting (although i would've loved another fire fighting starter but he's cool so i guess it's fine).im not sure why you're flipping it around, what i mean is.. you're arguing
      Incenroar looks more like a fighting type tho. I would had switched the secondary types of incenroar and infernoape I guess.
      Dosent answer the question but thanks for the input.

      Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Poison -> Bug 1x.
      7 Types of pesticides disagrees. (Also I was sure as hell poison did double to bug).
      well if you're gonna use that logic.. why isnt poison super effective against every "living" type? cus you know.. poison can kill 'em all.
      Because there is no specific poison for every specific living thing therefore there is no need for super effectiveness.
      However there are Insecticides, special designed to kill insects, which is pretty much all of the bug types included.
      There is no poison for fire,steel,ground,rock and more.
      I guess one could say that some bugs developed immunity to these but then keep in mind there are some pesticides that could potentially kill a human being.

      Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Electric -> Flying 2x.
      *Birds sitting on electric wires dabs at ya˙*.
      uhhhh, yeah because they're insulated. it's protect us too you know. but im pretty sure a lot of birds die while flying into electric wires, so this make a lot of sense.
      Ik, I just couldn't resist on making this joke lel.
      I was thinking more about lightings tho, they appear on the sky and strike extremely fast, so birds are defenseless.

      Gandalof wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      I realized something about the types.
      Some of their interaction don't make sense. (don @me about game balance).
      Fighting -> Steel 2x.
      Yes, try punching a washing machine with your fists, you will sureeeeeeeeeeeely deal tons of damage to it and sureeeeeeely not make your hands bleed.
      i think it might be a reference to how well trained fighters can break bricks with their fist. i know that's more fitting for rock, but steel is also another strong material that is normally not breakable by a normal human but a fighter could possibly do it. there could be something that i'm missing, but this doesn't sound crazy at all.for me it makes less sense than steel tbh. sure, a fighter than can break rocks and steel will be able to break ice easily too.. but what really made this connection? i mean im pretty sure a fighter can easily smash a bug or a plant, so why only chose ice and not bug or grass for example?
      Exactly my point , steel out of the all types should be the one with resist since its the strongest out of all poke elements.
      I guess you can make a lowkey statement for bugs , since they are very small and very agile and very hard to hit and punching an angry swarm bees coming at him would be futile, and probably they think a fighter isn't smart enough to pinch every single one of them ilke like a Hyuga with byakugan so theres that.
      But then again,its a lowkey argument, its not as scientific as why electric beats water.

      Gandalof wrote:

      another one bites the dust

      name a more iconic duo than morgirth and closed threads
      Loverbirds and Guess who will write after you ?
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

    • Pinkamena wrote:

      Umm yes, yes you do.
      Dragons aren't dinosaurs ? Dinosaurs did exist and 100% they didn't breath fire, while dragons are fictional and almost always associated with fire, having fire in your arsenal boom you beat ice.
      As a fun fact all dinosaur pokemon have as signature type rock ( hence you know fossils).
      well there is no dinosaur type is there? and closest thing is the dragons. this weakness is just a reference to that.

      what you're saying about fire and what not related.

      and that rock typing is not a signature to dinosaurs, it's for fossils as you said. there are non-dinosaur fossils too you know (plants and sea creature). so no, dino =/= rock.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Incenroar looks more like a fighting type tho. I would had switched the secondary types of incenroar and infernoape I guess.
      Dosent answer the question but thanks for the input.
      i've literally just explain it.. sigh, whatever.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Because there is no specific poison for every specific living thing therefore there is no need for super effectiveness.
      However there are Insecticides, special designed to kill insects, which is pretty much all of the bug types included.
      There is no poison for fire,steel,ground,rock and more.
      I guess one could say that some bugs developed immunity to these but then keep in mind there are some pesticides that could potentially kill a human being.
      huh? what do u mean there isn't? there are plenty of examples both man-made and from mother nature.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Ik, I just couldn't resist on making this joke lel.
      I was thinking more about lightings tho, they appear on the sky and strike extremely fast, so birds are defenseless.
      im pretty sure birds are relatively safe from lightnings. i haven't looked it up so could be wrong, but im pretty sure this weakness is a reference to electric poles rather than lightnings.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Exactly my point , steel out of the all types should be the one with resist since its the strongest out of all poke elements.
      no, that's my point. it's because it's the "strongest" material of all the types. so these fighter trained themselves to be able to destroy it.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      I guess you can make a lowkey statement for bugs , since they are very small and very agile and very hard to hit and punching an angry swarm bees coming at him would be futile, and probably they think a fighter isn't smart enough to pinch every single one of them ilke like a Hyuga with byakugan so theres that.
      i mean.. the point i was trying to make has nothing to do with bugs. i was simply wondering why would they make fighting strong against ice specifically, the examples i brought weren't the main argument. i'm just wondering what is the reference to this here, it cant be just a random thing.

      Pinkamena wrote:

      But then again,its a lowkey argument, its not as scientific as why electric beats water.
      strength and weaknesses does not need to be "scientific". they just have to be a reference to something, or could have any reasoning really. that doesn't need to scientific.