The Last Post Wins V10

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Naerys wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      If Arya dies and Cersei wins the throne then I will be glad that I didn't wasted my time watching GOT.
      If Arya becomes a whitewalker…..
      Hmmm
      Well idk how I will feel about that.
      well somewhre i read that some characters that we think they might die actuaally will surviveand actors said that the ending of GoT is very surprising and nobody guessed it...
      so my thoughts went around "Jon will marry Cersei"
      its impossible to happen, ik that
      Its GOT we are talking about,everything is possible.
      But God,i sure as hell hope not too. lol.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Naerys wrote:

      Baal wrote:

      What is dead may never die-

      A pinkamena fan service episode :thumbsup:

      Display Spoiler

      Rhaegar & Lyanna: We will create a baby who in the future will kill the NK
      Ned & Catelyn: Hold our beers

      What is dead may never die ;(
      Display Spoiler
      When you realize that Night King was killed by... no one. :rofl:

      Spoiler w/o context:GoT_ep3.png
      Display Spoiler

      NK to Arya: Am i joke to you?

      G-enetically M0-diFied Bad boi from the C0-smos
    • What a week.

      Game of thrones and Avengers, few old fashioneds and maybe Attack on Titan.

      Avenge the Choas: Endgame


      Display Spoiler

      What a movie. All those references "on your left/capmjolnir/i can't do this all day - i know../ blackpantner knowing clints name (civil war - "name's clint" - "i don't care") and rest of them, were frikking awesome.

      Loved whole "time heist" idea, just like always they fucked up with timetravel. Atleast with CapAmerica. Since he was supposed to grown old in other timeline/dimension yet he managed to endup in main. I guess you can hop from time to time using costume, but don't you get that port/pod/timestop to comeback? Unless that was some alternative cap.

      I am iron man. Such an emotional and well rewarded end to his character. Robert Downey Jr. has been phenomenal for these 11 years as Tony Stark. The MCU started with Iron Man in 2008 and ended (this trilogy of phases) with him saving it.

      That is America's ass. My homeboi finally lifting mjolnir and saying "avengers assemble" served all possible fanservice mcu had to offer. Have to admit, hail hydra got me off guard, i was whole " round 2 bitc...whatOHHHH" As for his ending, i was waiting for some "timecrash" or him teasing new phase/villain like Kang, but him settling passing shield/torch to Sam was also nice. ( Since we're here, woulda been fun to see Captain returning Soul Stone to Red Skull)

      Step Aside Lebowski. Have to admit Fat Thor got me little off guard. I once found "fat thor" leak and i was like "whoa this dude is probably on acid" and kinda forgot about it. Have to admit stormbreaker n mjolnir combo was frikking awesome.

      Now aside all that, i hate how they ended whole "unsnap" and 1 out 14000605 plots.

      First 1 out 14000605 plot. Coudn't Strange just get someone like Wong or someone else/make some magic/magictattoo stark with 5 year ink to warn Tony/Avengers before whole heist, about Nebula and that they just shoudn't bring her with them?

      Whole "unsnap". The population just doubled in an instant! That's legitimately worse than the population just being halved in an instant. People grew up. People made new families. People made new lives. People passed away. People moved on. And then suddenly everyone who's been dead for 5 years just pops back into existence. How the fock did the writers not realize how much of a massive crisis that is for the entire universe?

      As fan i would give 7/10.


      well got is next i guess
      what is dead may never die
      Display Spoiler
      false, according to this episide

      that dothraki scene, oh god. 10/10 scene with the dothraki's flaming weapons slowly disappearing in the dark was the most terrifying scene that I have ever seen on this show, seriously.

      rip bobby b meme.

      rip mormont house, can't believe both of them died in single episode.
      “I will not hide underground. I pledged to fight for the North, and I will fight.” - Lyanna Mormont
      She took down a fooocking UNDEAD giant. (Also giants 2 winterfell gates 0)

      "Ironic that Danny, in her time of greatest need, was protected by the ancestral sword of House Tarly, given the fact she burned Lord Tarly and his heir."

      Had no idea what' going with Tyrion and Sansa, it was either double suicide or making out.

      Have to admit for a moment i thought, that NightKing was going to win, till that windblow. have to admit jon going 1vs1 made frikkin smile onn my face ( he probably taught that he killed it, atleast at first). BUT THAT RKO OUTTANOWHERE . i feel bad for FBI, they probably went deaf after my girlish scream after that scene. god that kill was clean af. Also shoutout to Baric Dondarian, resurrected near a dozen times all to just save Arya! Also nice callback with dagger, it went from meaning to kill Bran, to saving him.

      Aside from all that, fight looked supercheesy atleast last 10min with whole ~7 main chars holding vs 10000000000 walkers.


      Well looking forward for next 12 people and 2 dragons vs cerseis army sideplot story.
      It's kinda like video game, when you finish gamestory/mainvillain and just focus on side quests, that's got now.


      Some got memes.
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Kacchan ().

    • lot of ppl are whining bout the ep tho...there was some interesting post on youtube, i´ll copy it here ->
      Display Spoiler

      I think that you shouldn't consider the Night King a "who" so much as a what. To recap since people apparently didn't pay attention. The Children of the Forest way back long ago were at war with the first men who came across a land bridge to conquer Westeros. They were getting their collective asses handed to them despite wielding insanely powerful magic (so strong they were able to destroy the land bridge between the two continents with it and create the Neck which is a mire in the middle of the continent). In their desperation they used powerful dark magic on a human being to create a super weapon with the express purpose of killing all men. They intended for it to simply kill the men but it didn't work as intended and instead tried to kill everything. They lost the war and the super weapon called the Night King was repelled by the first men. They failed to kill him so in the case that he ever returned they constructed a giant ice wall, built 17 castles on it, and armed it with the Nights Watch, guardians against any further invasion. His powers diminished the Night King went into a type of hibernation sleep to await a more opportune time to fulfill his purpose.

      Fast forward several thousand years and magic has almost completely faded from human knowledge. The citadel gives a Valarian steel chain link to any Maester who studies what is called the Greater Mysteries. These studies allow them to attempt to learn to wield magic and inevitably fail. Thus the Citadel and all of Westeros conclude that magic does not exist anymore and perhaps never did. As a result of this widespread belief the Nights Watch has limited to no resources of any kind and has diminished to the point that they are almost useless, and they have forgotten their true purpose and have been focusing on killing Wildlings (freefolk). Only the Starks of Winterfell and their bannermen donate resources to the Nights Watch. At this point three incredibly important events take place that set the stage for the battle of the Long Night. A wildling named Crastor is born, and Jeor Mormont becomes the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. Both of these events happen directly before the seasonal shift of Great Summer into what will likely be a long winter (non magical events the planet has weird seasons).

      Crastor who is a completely evil bastard has a horrible practice of marrying his daughters and producing more daughters with them which he also marries. He's completely depraved. Such a situation would almost certainly never work with sons so he decides to sacrifice them to the Night King who was nearby his home at the time. In return the Night King doesn't kill him and using his sons he creates true White Walkers (different than whits). These White Walkers act like lieutenants and vastly expand his fighting power. This finally gives the White Walkers the fighting power to start raising a true army and to start seeking their purpose once more. However it could have been stopped by Jeor Mormont who KNEW it was happening, however he was too focused on the Wildlings and the importance of Crastor as a resource for the Nights Watch. And that is why NOW is the time that the White Walkers return, because they finally have the perfect situation to rebuild and attack the living.

      The Night King doesn't have motivation because he isn't a person, he is a weapon that wields itself. We know basically everything we need to know about him for him to be relevant to the story (by comparison we know absolutely nothing about Snoke). He also can't use the power Bran has. Bran's power is a combination of unique powers that allow him to be the Three Eyed Raven. He is essentially a super powerful Warg (person who can go inside of other living things) who also possesses the ability to see all of history. The Night King doesn't have this power. He walks into the trap because more or less he's essentially invincible. He's sorta like the Witch King of LoTR. No warrior could have any chance of defeating him. He also outnumbers them like 100+ to 1.

      Now none of this defends the sloppy writing and staging of the episode which there were plenty of. A few relatively minor changes would have improved the episode by leaps and bounds. For one simply having most of his lieutenants be killed in the battle would make the final scene make FAR more sense. And part of the problem goes beyond normal writing limitations.

      Game of Thrones is not what everyone believes it is, its essentially a VERY clever trick played by George RR Martin. It has main character who can't die and have plot armor, bad things happen to them but they are actually going to make it. George very carefully hides this normal writing truth by surrounding a handful of TRUE main characters with people who more or less exist to die, but he then doubles down on it by fleshing out EACH character to the point that its difficult or impossible to discern which is which. The problem is that carrying this trick to a satisfying conclusion is difficult if not outright impossible. As the conflict comes to its natural ending point the protective lining characters are all killed off leaving the plot armor on the main characters glaringly obvious. The amount of political intrigue simply can't be maintained with a lowered and more bare-bones cast of characters and to a great extend a large amount of the grey content is gone. This makes the story predictable, sometimes boring, and usually black/white morality which it is known for being the opposite of these things. The writers at HBO don't have the skill to continue Georges trick beyond his books and George writes probably about 1 page per year likely due to the difficulty to maintaining this trick. Hence why the shows quality has dropped so dramatically.

      A few finishing notes on this post that likely no one will read. Milessandra was necessary due to the anti-heat/fire magical nature of the White Walkers. Normal fire and oil fire just can't retain their flames against the dead. This was actually explicitly showed numerous times. Only magical fire can endure against his power. Truthfully I expected more from her as well but she wasn't completely pointless. The Azor Ahai plotline was likely a Red Herring. Its a great flashy story to keep people's and characters attention away from the REAL plot threads that are carefully woven within. They frankly didn't pull it off quite right however based on interviews about aging the characters up it DOES appear that Arya was intended to kill the Night King by George RR Martin. I expect that if/when George does finish his books we will see similar plot threads but executed at far superior levels to the point where its actually good. I also expect quite a few more things to happen, he directly stated that they would have needed several more seasons to keep up.
      I don't hate the shows interpretation, its not as good as the books by a large margin but its not bad either.
      
    • Display Spoiler
      I was rather disappointed about how the whole fight ended and how fast/easy the night king died.
      I mean all those seasons they have been building up this whole thing only for him to die on third episode... (And practically on the first major conflict he encountered).
      And now there's hardly anyone alive to fight cersei

      Gonna ignore how almost no one important died, plot armor is OP after all.

      Also what are they even gonna do with all those dead bodies LOL. would take years to clean this up.
    • Morgoth wrote:

      Display Spoiler
      I was rather disappointed about how the whole fight ended and how fast/easy the night king died.
      I mean all those seasons they have been building up this whole thing only for him to die on third episode... (And practically on the first major conflict he encountered).
      And now there's hardly anyone alive to fight cersei

      Gonna ignore how almost no one important died, plot armor is OP after all.

      Also what are they even gonna do with all those dead bodies LOL. would take years to clean this up.

      Display Spoiler
      Getting rid off bodies: Just put them all at one place and use dragon fire lel. Ez.
      Ending: Even G.R.R.Martin said he wanted Arya to be the one killing NK. I think it makes perfect sense - nobody could defeat him in 1v1 combat, so Arya used lil trick. And tbh, it makes sense they killed him rn, it was like "in this ep or never" bcs even if somebody managed to survive his army would be so strong, he would destroy whole world. Not even Cersei would stop him. And tbh i am glad it was Jon - everyone thought bout Azor Ahai/ Prince who was promised, but Red Woman is perfect proof that prophecy can be just piece of junk.
      Plot armor is OP yh, i think they could have handled some situations better,..Its ironic really, lots of ppl was complaining that GoT lost element of surprise and now they are complaining they were surprised
      Jon might be good with sword, but Arya was trained to KILL..
      Btw Martin actually complaine dbout season 8 being last... if they just bothered to make more seasons, NK would die like in last ep of season, and then we would watch build up for fighting Cersei. but nah, s8 is final, last 6 episodes is all we got, so it is rushed.

      But the music...the music was so GREAT. i loved that music.
    • Naerys wrote:

      Morgoth wrote:

      Display Spoiler
      I was rather disappointed about how the whole fight ended and how fast/easy the night king died.
      I mean all those seasons they have been building up this whole thing only for him to die on third episode... (And practically on the first major conflict he encountered).
      And now there's hardly anyone alive to fight cersei

      Gonna ignore how almost no one important died, plot armor is OP after all.

      Also what are they even gonna do with all those dead bodies LOL. would take years to clean this up.

      Display Spoiler
      Getting rid off bodies: Just put them all at one place and use dragon fire lel. Ez.Ending: Even G.R.R.Martin said he wanted Arya to be the one killing NK. I think it makes perfect sense - nobody could defeat him in 1v1 combat, so Arya used lil trick. And tbh, it makes sense they killed him rn, it was like "in this ep or never" bcs even if somebody managed to survive his army would be so strong, he would destroy whole world. Not even Cersei would stop him. And tbh i am glad it was Jon - everyone thought bout Azor Ahai/ Prince who was promised, but Red Woman is perfect proof that prophecy can be just piece of junk.
      Plot armor is OP yh, i think they could have handled some situations better,..Its ironic really, lots of ppl was complaining that GoT lost element of surprise and now they are complaining they were surprised
      Jon might be good with sword, but Arya was trained to KILL..
      Btw Martin actually complaine dbout season 8 being last... if they just bothered to make more seasons, NK would die like in last ep of season, and then we would watch build up for fighting Cersei. but nah, s8 is final, last 6 episodes is all we got, so it is rushed.

      But the music...the music was so GREAT. i loved that music.

      Display Spoiler
      Don't get me wrong, Arya killing night king indeed makes sense but I still wanted some more action and his pure white walkers also fight some of the guys who got valerian steel swords etc. like instead of having them handling the horde of zombies and survive somehow they could also have set up some 1vs1 with the pure white walkers. (Similar to how jon was vs the dragon) ("SOMEWHAT vs a dragon")

      Having cersei as the final boss seems weird though to me for some reason. Because we had all those prophecies like you mentioned and the whole red lady arc, etc etc.

      But I guess yeah there is only that much they can do with 6 episodes, 3 episodes vs the night king 3 episodes vs cersei.
    • Morgoth wrote:

      Naerys wrote:

      Morgoth wrote:

      Display Spoiler
      I was rather disappointed about how the whole fight ended and how fast/easy the night king died.
      I mean all those seasons they have been building up this whole thing only for him to die on third episode... (And practically on the first major conflict he encountered).
      And now there's hardly anyone alive to fight cersei

      Gonna ignore how almost no one important died, plot armor is OP after all.

      Also what are they even gonna do with all those dead bodies LOL. would take years to clean this up.

      Display Spoiler
      Getting rid off bodies: Just put them all at one place and use dragon fire lel. Ez.Ending: Even G.R.R.Martin said he wanted Arya to be the one killing NK. I think it makes perfect sense - nobody could defeat him in 1v1 combat, so Arya used lil trick. And tbh, it makes sense they killed him rn, it was like "in this ep or never" bcs even if somebody managed to survive his army would be so strong, he would destroy whole world. Not even Cersei would stop him. And tbh i am glad it was Jon - everyone thought bout Azor Ahai/ Prince who was promised, but Red Woman is perfect proof that prophecy can be just piece of junk.Plot armor is OP yh, i think they could have handled some situations better,..Its ironic really, lots of ppl was complaining that GoT lost element of surprise and now they are complaining they were surprised
      Jon might be good with sword, but Arya was trained to KILL..
      Btw Martin actually complaine dbout season 8 being last... if they just bothered to make more seasons, NK would die like in last ep of season, and then we would watch build up for fighting Cersei. but nah, s8 is final, last 6 episodes is all we got, so it is rushed.

      But the music...the music was so GREAT. i loved that music.

      Display Spoiler
      Don't get me wrong, Arya killing night king indeed makes sense but I still wanted some more action and his pure white walkers also fight some of the guys who got valerian steel swords etc. like instead of having them handling the horde of zombies and survive somehow they could also have set up some 1vs1 with the pure white walkers. (Similar to how jon was vs the dragon) ("SOMEWHAT vs a dragon")
      Having cersei as the final boss seems weird though to me for some reason. Because we had all those prophecies like you mentioned and the whole red lady arc, etc etc.

      But I guess yeah there is only that much they can do with 6 episodes, 3 episodes vs the night king 3 episodes vs cersei.

      Display Spoiler
      well ye, they could make instead of dragon vs dragon some fight against WW
      WW stood out of fight for simple reason - they are too valuable... kill one and part of wights dies too, so from NK and WW very smart move just let the pawns do the job, dont tell me you would send WW to fight if you knew there are ppl capable of destroying them. Its better to overwhelm them with replaceable pawns. Thats why Jon and co. used Bran to lure NK... they knew he wouldnt show up otherwise
      They could fight Cersei first, but they would lose valuable soldiers...not to mention they believed she would join them, so their army would be even bigger...
    • Naerys wrote:

      Morgoth wrote:

      Naerys wrote:

      Morgoth wrote:

      Display Spoiler
      I was rather disappointed about how the whole fight ended and how fast/easy the night king died.
      I mean all those seasons they have been building up this whole thing only for him to die on third episode... (And practically on the first major conflict he encountered).
      And now there's hardly anyone alive to fight cersei

      Gonna ignore how almost no one important died, plot armor is OP after all.

      Also what are they even gonna do with all those dead bodies LOL. would take years to clean this up.

      Display Spoiler
      Getting rid off bodies: Just put them all at one place and use dragon fire lel. Ez.Ending: Even G.R.R.Martin said he wanted Arya to be the one killing NK. I think it makes perfect sense - nobody could defeat him in 1v1 combat, so Arya used lil trick. And tbh, it makes sense they killed him rn, it was like "in this ep or never" bcs even if somebody managed to survive his army would be so strong, he would destroy whole world. Not even Cersei would stop him. And tbh i am glad it was Jon - everyone thought bout Azor Ahai/ Prince who was promised, but Red Woman is perfect proof that prophecy can be just piece of junk.Plot armor is OP yh, i think they could have handled some situations better,..Its ironic really, lots of ppl was complaining that GoT lost element of surprise and now they are complaining they were surprisedJon might be good with sword, but Arya was trained to KILL..
      Btw Martin actually complaine dbout season 8 being last... if they just bothered to make more seasons, NK would die like in last ep of season, and then we would watch build up for fighting Cersei. but nah, s8 is final, last 6 episodes is all we got, so it is rushed.

      But the music...the music was so GREAT. i loved that music.

      Display Spoiler
      Don't get me wrong, Arya killing night king indeed makes sense but I still wanted some more action and his pure white walkers also fight some of the guys who got valerian steel swords etc. like instead of having them handling the horde of zombies and survive somehow they could also have set up some 1vs1 with the pure white walkers. (Similar to how jon was vs the dragon) ("SOMEWHAT vs a dragon")Having cersei as the final boss seems weird though to me for some reason. Because we had all those prophecies like you mentioned and the whole red lady arc, etc etc.

      But I guess yeah there is only that much they can do with 6 episodes, 3 episodes vs the night king 3 episodes vs cersei.

      Display Spoiler
      well ye, they could make instead of dragon vs dragon some fight against WWWW stood out of fight for simple reason - they are too valuable... kill one and part of wights dies too, so from NK and WW very smart move just let the pawns do the job, dont tell me you would send WW to fight if you knew there are ppl capable of destroying them. Its better to overwhelm them with replaceable pawns. Thats why Jon and co. used Bran to lure NK... they knew he wouldnt show up otherwise
      They could fight Cersei first, but they would lose valuable soldiers...not to mention they believed she would join them, so their army would be even bigger...

      Display Spoiler
      Actually I forgot about that (If you kill a white walker his zombie soldiers also go down) so yeah ok I would not risk sending them out if I knew the opponent has the means to kill them. and as we all saw night king really did have enough zombies to throw xD

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Spoilers overdue much ?
      Yeah do not open them, they hold serious GoT spoilers.