GIVE US THE FORUMS WE DESREVE

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • GIVE US THE FORUMS WE DESREVE

      recently i discovered how other nostale forums are customized and have lot of of cool designs and features.. well where is ours? i demand that we get a better treatment and get the cool stuff like our fellow nostalers in other forums have. thank you.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Morgoth wrote:

      What if this current forum is what you deserve though? cathmm.png
      i respectfully disagree sir. we are part of the nostale community and i think we should be treated like the other beatuiful communities here. otherwise, this is a clear discrimination case against us.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • kitcalie wrote:

      Unfortunately I have no artistic ability so I have to rely on events and others to do the work.

      The forum banners we have now (winter theme) Sky gave us permission to use before they left the team.
      And whats wrong with asking GF a permission to make a forum event with ingame prizes like a rare pet or nos$ coupons? Or just not worth it?



      Naerys wrote:

      dont give us anything...still got The Witcher to finish
      That's where you've been missing!! Is is The Witcher 1, 2 or 3?
    • Jekyll wrote:

      And whats wrong with asking GF a permission to make a forum event with ingame prizes like a rare pet or nos$ coupons? Or just not worth it?
      Nothing wrong, I think she also meant that there are no entries or just 1-2 so making a lot of forum events and have ingame stuff as rewards won't be viewed as fair. As it will be only the same people winning and taking the stuff.

      I don't know how it is with forum but for the game events we want to do it does take a lot of time and planning + take approval from gameforge (If they don't like something we gotta change it) so yeah we do expect to at least have a decent number of users to participate. Otherwise it feels rather sad that you spend time for it and users just ignore it/dont wanna bother or even complaining about how useless it is. catfeels.png

      Alexa play despacito this has gotten too sad.
    • Morgoth wrote:

      As it will be only the same people winning and taking the stuff.
      why is it unfair? if others dont want to do anything it doesnt mean its unfair.

      Morgoth wrote:

      a decent number of users to participate.
      something we already dont have


      Morgoth wrote:

      Alexa play despacito this has gotten too sad.
      alexa if you play despacito, i'll smash you to pieces or force you to commit not living by throwing you into a full bathtub
    • last Icon contest we had i think 5 entries and most were people that no longer played or play on other regions. Got 6 entries for the Halloween art contest, 3 entries for a screen shot contest for Christmas. If we do not get 3+ entries I am supposed to invalidate the contest due to not enough entries but I have been trying not to do that. The Halloween contest took around 3 weeks to create due to various time zones and we got 6 entries and complaints about the same people wining all the time. The screen shot one was done in about a week and we got 3 entries. Its very demotivating when you put in all that work and get almost no responses.

      when we were doing art contests every few months people complained it was the same people who always won so we stopped doing so. When we tried signature contests we got 2-3 people always the same people who would enter.

      This all being said, we do have a few events we are working on if we ever get the forum upgrade. If you have a suggestion for them please feel free to post them.
    • soo.. just let me ask one thing.. why does it have to be a contest? open a thread, ask for stuff you can implement and let users who are interested to do it. we dont do art for some reward, we do it for the art.

      also this isn't only about custom art. what about other features like this.. launcher i guess?


      what about team members having a colored border around their post?

      those are the only 2 i noticed immediately, maybe there are even more features.

      also dark theme as an idea.

      Ruff wrote:

      Perhaps it is because we are the most toxic
      well.. i know few people from other communities that tell me they hate it there because of how toxic it is. i'm not saying we all are saints but, bad apples are everywhere.

      also not that it makes it better, our community is the most diverse one. it's pretty much a global server. so lots of different people from different cultures and background are bound to have some misunderstandings or conflicts.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Gandalof wrote:

      soo.. just let me ask one thing.. why does it have to be a contest? open a thread, ask for stuff you can implement and let users who are interested to do it. we dont do art for some reward, we do it for the art.
      That's a fair point I guess... Just with the logic of, if people are not really interested with a contest why would they be interested without one? But anyway we will be discussing the whole thing now that we are more mods gathered xD
    • Morgoth wrote:

      That's a fair point I guess... Just with the logic of, if people are not really interested with a contest why would they be interested without one?
      i'll speak only for myself here, i dont care about a contest for a virtual item in game that i dont play anymore. so i would simply not participate. i create things for my own fun, i don't want to be constrained by rules of the competition, i dont want to compete with others, and i dont want to be held over a deadline to complete this task.

      a timeless thread that has everyone who's interested working together (by providing feedback about things they liked and disliked about the design or by doing some adjustments themselves.. etc). now that would be great for me to try and do some stuff. no pressure of competing with other, no pressure of deadline, and people helping out eachother.

      annnd if you were right and no one showed any interest, then you could use that as a reason why why got a worse version. if we had the chance to do something about it and we didn't then, the answer to this thread would've been "here is this thread that we've made, go do something about it if you don't like how it looks now". but right now it's just the fact that we got a worse forums and we can't do anything about it.



      also, i would still like to hear about why we don't have other features that don't require any art designs.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

      Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

      French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

      German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

      Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

      Korean 파괴룡 간드라

      Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

      Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

      Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

      Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

      Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Gandalof wrote:

      i'll speak only for myself here, i dont care about a contest for a virtual item in game that i dont play anymore. so i would simply not participate. i create things for my own fun, i don't want to be constrained by rules of the competition, i dont want to compete with others, and i dont want to be held over a deadline to complete this task.

      a timeless thread that has everyone who's interested working together (by providing feedback about things they liked and disliked about the design or by doing some adjustments themselves.. etc). now that would be great for me to try and do some stuff. no pressure of competing with other, no pressure of deadline, and people helping out eachother.
      I mostly prefer this way too tbh, but unfortunately we seem to be minority in this world. "GIMMIE REWARDS GMz PLZ" whistle.png

      Gandalof wrote:

      also, i would still like to hear about why we don't have other features that don't require any art designs.
      I am not really sure how much I can say about this, so the only thing I can tell you is that soontrademark.png we will have some changes