How to nostale rise again

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morgoth wrote:

Well.... In this case.... Do you believe if Gameforge did not earn more money by allowing multiaccounts that they would have allowed it in the first place? 100% no.
      but if they thought about 14alt sp raids or 6-18 alt fc farm, they woulda limited it.
      (14alt sp6 is about ~10+ m/h (plus perfstones/xppots)

and for 5,2 or 6+ you really need buffs/alts to mob ( if you're swordman just gg)

so, not sure what we can even talk here about. i mean it's kinda empty discussion, nothing will change.

yes you need alts and yes people are abusing them.
      but that's how game works, you wanna get maximum amount in minimum time/efforts.
      as for fairness in alts/level/gold/combatpower/reallifebucks.
      there aren't one.
      some people can't afford to spend cash, others to invest time,third both, fourth is jobless but has some cash.

i would only advise to play it lightly with friends, have fun if you can't have fun or people making you sad, just move to other game.
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • Gandalof wrote:

it's the devs fault who for some reason thought it was a good idea to mix pvp with pve.
      Honestly I can't blame them in this one -- Many games have mixed PvE with PvP in the past in the same encounter and it.. sort of worked ; most notably WoW's Tol Barad / Wintergrasp / AQ War Effort

Perhaps Entwell just wanted to join the fray and released Caligor so they have something to brag about as well? :p

Regardless, Caligor.. was sort of a failure.
    • I have to agree with Gandalof.Calgor is just a failed pvpve experiment.
      @nasrok34 when i was playing seriously this game i would use the forum in my advantage in order to create lobys for Caligor.
      3-4 days before the saturday Caligor i would ask around 100 individuals,i would also ask for aid from the strongest familys,lucky for me Purgatory and Harmony showed interest in joining my vendeta against Caligor,i also managed to find some "hitmans" how i used to call them.
      These were the guys that would kill those that are camping the opposing players,this way both sides would work togheter and manage to kill Caligor.(like champion1 i think ?)
      It worked.
      I was so happy,because it was extremly rare for this to happen.
      Try your luck,maybe US is the same like the UK community once existed.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
    • nasrok34 wrote:

yes. Look that uk server now. how many nosmaller game has now? how many nosmaller has it before (while server live). If you get same advantage with some more accounts and it is free why you pay nosmall ? You can search another player and buy from them. But ah sorry at there you forget because of you other players give up game
      Well to be fair, it is not like I was the one who wrote that rule. Nor it is up to me to change it.
      Also UK did not die because of multiaccounts but because US opened and everyone moved there. Because why not I guess?

nasrok34 wrote:

Because they dont know what will happen in future. Here you taste what happened. you experienced. but they dont.Also there is tons of online games and most of them has this multi rule.
      It's purely what Gandalof said above to be honest.

nasrok34 wrote:

yes but at least they work for game. They spend their money on game with their money game gets better. Better things let the others play more. More player more potential customer. At least with that huge amount nosmaller will be 3-5 person. With free multies there is 10-20 player can be front of me. if i cant scratch the nosmaller i can stratch others who plays less nosmall
      How I see it, someone would need to nosmall far more to support 10 characters than just 1 character.
      Although did we not say before that in order to raise your alts to a proper level and be good enough to make you profit you have to invest a lot of resources on them?

I kind of doubt that multiaccounts would prevent new players from playing thoughcathmm.png
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

it's the devs fault who for some reason thought it was a good idea to mix pvp with pve.
      Honestly I can't blame them in this one -- Many games have mixed PvE with PvP in the past in the same encounter and it.. sort of worked ; most notably WoW's Tol Barad / Wintergrasp / AQ War Effort
      Perhaps Entwell just wanted to join the fray and released Caligor so they have something to brag about as well? :P

well i don't know how it is in WoW but if it works for them that's great. but in nostale it is a complete and utter failure. the whole of a4 would be awesome if pvp and pve weren't forcebly mixed.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • Pinkamena wrote:

i dont want again start on us. i checked but it will be same. Just i am already here i play at here with others or without others. Btw i know when first they release calligor raid. we cant go in raid.People base kill. Strong families go same side. Before calligor raid families changes sides etc etc .it is not only limited with calligor. it is example, small step. it is problem for overall game.

But if they want game lasts longer they need do something.
      Member since Sep 12th 2007
    • Comparing wow to nostale tho..........

Morgoth wrote:

Because why not I guess?
      Hmmm.
      I mean wanting to start all over for old time sake its a reason ofc,and i must say i hate these people with all my being for that.
      But i personally think that UK was going downhill before US server opened.
    • Gandalof wrote:

TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

Honestly I can't blame them in this one -- Many games have mixed PvE with PvP in the past in the same encounter and it.. sort of worked ; most notably WoW's Tol Barad / Wintergrasp / AQ War EffortPerhaps Entwell just wanted to join the fray and released Caligor so they have something to brag about as well? :P

well i don't know how it is in WoW but if it works for them that's great. but in nostale it is a complete and utter failure. the whole of a4 would be awesome if pvp and pve weren't forcebly mixed.
      In an active server Caligor could probably be fun, but I can agree this did not work out well. Mixing pvp and pve was a bad idea.
    • Had to scroll some secret family chats!
      Stop The Menace Of Caligor!

Morgoth wrote:

Also UK did not die because of multiaccounts but because US opened and everyone moved there. Because why not I guess?
      BlameStrikerUS
      People were asking for new server for very long time. UK=Toxic. Hard to find any teams for fernon/a6./5. or join good/great families. Or for most 90- just sucky at finding lod families. And idea that you can finally can be equal with other or even "best".
      Plus alot of people returned for NosTale.
    • Kacchan wrote:

Had to scroll some secret family chats!
      Stop The Menace Of Caligor!
      I wish the forum saved the old threads.Did you find my thread in arhives ?
      Sorry didn't meant to.
      Here is something related to the topic :

nasrok34 wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

i dont want again start on us. i checked but it will be same. Just i am already here i play at here with others or without others. Btw i know when first they release calligor raid. we cant go in raid.People base kill. Strong families go same side. Before calligor raid families changes sides etc etc .it is not only limited with calligor. it is example, small step. it is problem for overall game.

But if they want game lasts longer they need do something.
      At one point they changed that because people were abusing FC raids.
      Bassicaly it was a short period where the % would go up like crazy in FC and people will switch beetwen sides to do more fc raids.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Well to be fair, it is not like I was the one who wrote that rule. Nor it is up to me to change it.
      thats why i open this discuss. But most of player here with multi accs and they dont want another rule change.

think about why people move us ? us has a new thing ? us has sp 9-12 ? no. nothing new. Just new players new start with all. after that it changes with your speed. As you think these players who go there has multies too. But do you think they use same numbers of uk server multies at there ? i dont think so. Because more player more cheap. they dont need extra extra work. While they dont need extra extra work they dont need multies. while they dont need multies other players can grow up too. And they rise again together. Not alone grow up.
      Member since Sep 12th 2007
    • Morgoth wrote:

Kacchan wrote:

People were asking for new server for very long time. UK=Toxic.
      If all UK move to US that would make US toxic too though.
      Kindish depends.
      Most toxic people in game are top/meta pvpers/rich people. Most of those people refused to leave UK and went for forumthreads/gamespeakers.
      And for US, it also had some toxicpeople/wars aswell, maybe even still has, but it had lesser impact. Since UK was a oldserver, so you know - most people knows each other, see they feel safe/untouchable/able to flame/insult/hunt weaker people/families. Also US server looks like more of pve kinda instead of pvpish UK. But if US had 10x population and 5 years it would be toxic aswell.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Because why not I guess?
      Hmmm.I mean wanting to start all over for old time sake its a reason ofc,and i must say i hate these people with all my being for that.
      But i personally think that UK was going downhill before US server opened.
      yep, that's the reason i went back to play. i did quit nostale "for good" for multiple years before that point but while i was following the news of soul worker because i was interested in it, i found out a new server in nostale just had opened 2 days ago. so i went back for some nostalgic feels. it was great, and i'd do it again over and over. the beginning content of nostale is great, doesnt take too long to level, lots of people were active, and basically everyone was trash because it is a fresh start, so everyone needed others and there was no discrimination.

to tie that with the thread. i just feel like the down fall of the game later on is within the game design rather people making and using alts. i would say the main culprits here are power creep effect and the exponentially increasing grind

Morgoth wrote:

In an active server Caligor could probably be fun, but I can agree this did not work out well. Mixing pvp and pve was a bad idea.
      no it wouldn't. i did many calis in US and i would say it was very active. cali just has an awful design and it's basically just die and run to boss again over and over and over again. even without the pvp part it's just a bad raid, and the pvp makes it even worse.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gandalof ().

• going to make this brief, if gameforge want to know what is "ruining" the game simply ask players why they have stopped playing and work on feedback provided by that, as many who are posting on here are still playing, work out why ppl have stopped playing and then make a solution.
      To me this thread is basically gripes/suggestions by ppl who still play and alot of the alt chat appears to be and summing it up, they make more gold than me, make this balanced so i also make just as much
    • Legendary17 wrote:

if gameforge want to know what is "ruining" the game simply ask players why they have stopped playing and work on feedback provided by that
      i agree, and i made a thread similar to this suggestions (it's about feedback in general not just to whose left the game)

Legendary17 wrote:

as many who are posting on here are still playing
      i actually think more people who have quit (whether temp or not) posted here than those who are still playing.

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

• Legendary17 wrote:

if gameforge want to know what is "ruining" the game simply ask players why they have stopped playing and work on feedback provided by that,
      Players can't really provide feedback,know why ? because writing one server name will get them banned,that server being the main reason why the game is *ruined*.
      You can improve the current game as much as you want,with double xp blessing from lv 1 to 90,with free things daily yada yada.
      But as long as there is one specific server who does that better which exists because population from our servers went there and which will stay because they have no risks whatsoever to being shut down.
      There will always be problems with the current GF/Entwell Nostale servers.
      Atleast imo.
      Ofc there are many things the current server needs like alternative ways to craft esssential items like sp scrolls or speakers,since GF keeps being greedy and simply won't give up their random crap system.Some alternatives for essential items would be great.
      I must admit tho,the game has improved in some positive aspects,and we must give credit where credit is due,the water raid is finally fixed,the inventory slot had been enlarged so was the possibile stack from 99 to 999 which is so much better,the XP Blessings helps low levels have a liniar experience where they don't need to grind anymore while the latest events tend to favor a little the non-p2win players as well.
      But there is still some work to do.
      Anyway,please no warning or ban.No ilegal word has been written.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().