The Last Post Wins V9

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Morgoth wrote:

    Cherish wrote:

    I was going to ask what the random lettering was! But we won't mention the the double post
    Not sure, forum went pleb mode, I quoted her message and replied to it but once I clicked "Submit" some other random quote appeared (And yes I did not have any quotes saved/clicked) So I was like wth?
    Blame DeepStriker

    Ooh, a fellow Biologist? Enjoy, you'll miss it once you leave (Even though I know it might not feel like it now!) ^^
  • Cherish wrote:

    Ooh, a fellow Biologist?
    The last thing I wanted to be, tbh
    When I applied to Biochem, I thought it would be more like Chem, but sadly I was very wrong. It's still interesting and amusing at times, but these assessments are killing me off :rolleyes: (I'm not complaining) I myself don't know what I want to do with life, my hobby, which you have already guessed by now, is not compatible with anything irl
    Back when I had Biology classes, I was the only male student there and almost the same with Chemistry. My Biology teacher was very demanding before the final exams and I had like 8.8 (rounded to 9) year total and just before the exams, when all teachers had to decide the year mark for each student, she changed my grades to 10s and I got 9.5 (rounded to 10). I didnt really study for an exam for sad reasons but still got 75% ?( Then I thought maybe Im not that bad at bio afterall. Oh, I was wrong there and when I enrolled uni the first things I learned were biology stuff and my assessments were on Biology and I failed (well 40% is not a fail but still lul) miserably.

    I strongly prefer maths and chemistry. But I'm stuck with Bio at a molecular level with little chemistry that I once knew. Maths was a great thing, I miss it.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Jekyll ().

  • Jekyll wrote:

    Cherish wrote:

    Ooh, a fellow Biologist?
    The last thing I wanted to be, tbhWhen I applied to Biochem, I thought it would be more like Chem, but sadly I was very wrong. It's still interesting and amusing at times, but these assessments are killing me off :rolleyes: (I'm not complaining) I myself don't know what I want to do with life, my hobby, which you have already guessed by now, is not compatible with anything irl
    Back when I had Biology classes, I was the only male student there and almost the same with Chemistry. My Biology teacher was very demanding before the final exams and I had like 8.8 (rounded to 9) year total and just before the exams, when all teachers had to decide the year mark for each student, she changed my grades to 10s and I got 9.5 (rounded to 10). I didnt really study for an exam for sad reasons but still got 75% ?( Then I thought maybe Im not that bad at bio afterall. Oh, I was wrong there and when I enrolled uni the first things I learned were biology stuff and my assessments were on Biology and I failed (well 40% is not a fail but still lul) miserably.

    I strongly prefer maths and chemistry. But I'm stuck with Bio at a molecular level with little chemistry that I once knew. Maths was a great thing, I miss it.
    I'm the complete opposite. I can do Biology with few problems at all, but I'm not so good with Maths and Chemistry (even though I had to study it occasionally and statistics was regular throughout). Though my most difficult assignment I've had was at the end of my final year - I had to spend hours and hours for weeks sat at a computer comparing multiple regions of genetic code for SNPs etc.. It was worth it in the end though! :D

    Uni is very different from other study levels, but you'll miss it when you leave (We were always told that and I didn't completely believe them until afterwards!)
  • Cherish wrote:

    Uni is very different from other study levels, but you'll miss it when you leave (We were always told that and I didn't completely believe them until afterwards!)
    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
  • Gandalof wrote:

    Cherish wrote:

    Uni is very different from other study levels, but you'll miss it when you leave (We were always told that and I didn't completely believe them until afterwards!)
    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    This is so sad,because its true.......
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Pinkamena wrote:

    Gandalof wrote:

    Cherish wrote:

    Uni is very different from other study levels, but you'll miss it when you leave (We were always told that and I didn't completely believe them until afterwards!)
    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    This is so sad,because its true.......
    This is so sad
    Alexa, play sad but true
  • Gandalof wrote:

    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    I really doubt that I would be happier with the money from the start. If you got no brains but parents' money, you're not going to be happy. If you "accidentally" get a slip of luck into your life,which brings you lots of money, you will become arrogant and VERY unhappy, because some of your 'friends' will be envious... and its aint good for any kind of relationships


    Cherish wrote:

    Though my most difficult assignment I've had was at the end of my final year - I had to spend hours and hours for weeks sat at a computer comparing multiple regions of genetic code for SNPs etc..
    Well, if you had no clue how to do it and/or had no idea what is the end goal - yeah, it should have been really annoying. But I spend lots of time at a computer daily so I don't think it would be a problem for me if it was the "time consumption" case

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jekyll ().

  • Jekyll wrote:

    Gandalof wrote:

    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    I really doubt that I would be happier with the money from the start. If you got no brains but parents' money, you're not going to be happy. If you "accidentally" get a slip of luck into your life,which brings you lots of money, you will become arrogant and VERY unhappy, because some of your 'friends' will be envious... and its aint good for any kind of relationships
    sure, i agree with that.

    i just meant it as an exception to having to work. because you know, that's what really makes life in after-college-phase worse than college or studying in general. it doesn't mean it's instantly this amazing euphoria, but in general it would be better than having to work 8+ hours a day, and not be able to do much else.
  • Jekyll wrote:

    Gandalof wrote:

    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    I really doubt that I would be happier with the money from the start.

    Top 10 Biggest Bullshits lies told by mankind.

    Jekyll wrote:

    Gandalof wrote:

    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    If you "accidentally" get a slip of luck into your life,which brings you lots of money, you will become arrogant and VERY unhappy, because some of your 'friends' will be envious... and its aint good for any kind of relationships
    If your friends will become envious because of your whealth, then they are not your friends to begin with.You also should be thankfull to get rid of such envious persons.
    But if you start to show your true colors when the money hits your doors.Thats another story.

    Gandalof wrote:

    Cherish wrote:

    Uni is very different from other study levels, but you'll miss it when you leave (We were always told that and I didn't completely believe them until afterwards!)
    you always miss your previous life stage because life gets shittier the further you go. the only exception i see is that if you're born rich or somehow become rich when you're young and be able to not waste your youth working
    Also i may want to add another exception.
    If you are born with a talent of something and that talent coincide with the proffesion you want to pursue.Then wasting your youth working becomes a dream as you are doing what you love.
    E.g Someone that has an amazing voice and wants to be a singer.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

  • Naerys wrote:

    Pinkamena wrote:

    Morgoth wrote:

    Why are the quotes empty tho and it forces me to scroll up and find the posts? 2k19 people I am a busy man.catsip2.png
    Well Hello Margareta ! How was your day ?
    Its Morgita!
    Have you noticed how porposefully Margaret ignores us for calling her Margareta and Morgita ?
    I think its cute.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Pinkamena wrote:

    Top 10 Biggest Bullshits lies told by mankind.
    i disagree. money is a powerful tool, but it can be misused. while of course.. in every single situation it's better to have lots of money than not, it's still not the only thing you ever need.

    Pinkamena wrote:

    Also i may want to add another exception.
    If you are born with a talent of something and that talent coincide with the proffesion you want to pursue.Then wasting your youth working becomes a dream as you are doing what you love.
    E.g Someone that has an amazing voice and wants to be a singer.
    yeah that too

    Morgoth wrote:

    Why are the quotes empty tho and it forces me to scroll up and find the posts? 2k19 people I am a busy man.catsip2.png
    1st world problems smh

    PSA for @Pinkamena (and anyone who doesn't know really): you can click on a person's name in the quote and delete it, by doing so you wont have an empty quote with just a name on it. yw.
  • In that case of course having money will always be better than not having money in the current society we are living in.
    Being arrogant is not rich-exclusive, and all the other stuff we hear about the rich people.
    To me it always sounded like sweet lies the "poor" people say to make themselves feel better. "Haha they have money but their life sucks and they have no love, we are better than them" Good for you I guess, nobody asked you though.

    (I could also make those examples about drugs but we are not allowed by the rules to go into that <.<)