Are shining boots into lv26 fast shoes good? And what are the benefits of having over 100% ele res?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are shining boots into lv26 fast shoes good? And what are the benefits of having over 100% ele res?

Basically the title:
      Are shining boots into lv26 fast shoes good? And what are the benefits of having over 100% ele res?
      Haven't played in a while, so I don't know if there are any new must-have shoes or something like that.

Thanks!~
    • there are a lot of new resistance items which are better to use in summing with fast shoes:

fire/dark dual res = mag glove + fast shoes w/ rep shoes at 6 s = 140 dark/fire dual res

in general dual res, or overall res is used predominantly now. dual res is generally 10/10 but champion res is 20/20. overall res is blackstone, seaview, or fernon shoe (13% which is champion)
    • Is there a fernon glove??

If so then the 20/20 is only useful for overkill on dual res instead of using both types for 140% overall (since fernon would be 182% overall)

As for fusing stuff into something else for its unique effect, the res with the 150 defense is better than the 1 movement speed i think....
    • Ruff wrote:

Is there a fernon glove??

If so then the 20/20 is only useful for overkill on dual res instead of using both types for 140% overall (since fernon would be 182% overall)

As for fusing stuff into something else for its unique effect, the res with the 150 defense is better than the 1 movement speed i think....
      Highest overall res you can get (boot/glove only) is around 120% - blackstone + fernon shoe. ther e is no fernon glove of 13 overall to my knowledge.
      thread was about movement so i kept it to that but the champion res is worth keeping as it is, not summing into fast shoe (fernon shoe gives 2 spd i think)
    • By having 100% res to an element,you bassicaly become immune to that element magic/elemental dmg.
      Like for example you have 100% or more fire res and you get hit by a Flame,you won't receive any elemental dmg but you will receive the minimum standard damage like you receive from any monster.
      Having over 100% res to one element helps alot in both PVP and PVE scenarios and its a must have by the time you are going for lv 90.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~
    • I think it would be more appropriate to say, there are debuffs that temporarily reduce resistance (both in pvp and pve) as well as equipment and shells that let you ignore some of an opponents resistance (pvp).

Having over 100% lets you try to maintain 100% resistance after these reductions.