Pinned [Feedback] Ice Breaker.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Feedback] Ice Breaker.

Hello Nospammers Nos people! we want your feedback and thoughts about Ice Breaker.

Same as the other feedback threads make sure to follow those:
      • Be polite / No need to say things in an aggressive way.
      • Do not go on to pointless arguments, everyone has their own opinion and that's what we ask here!
      • Provide as many details as you can.
      • Write your thoughts in a clean-easy read way so we can keep track of stuff.
      Basically we want you to tell us if you like Ice breaker or not and if you don't like it what do you think is needed to make it better/more attractive?
      Even if you do like it still if you have any idea how to improve it do share your thoughts.

Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to write and share your thoughts!
    • i know this isn't about rainbow battle but i think it's similar enough to bundle it with ice breaker.

ice breaker and rainbow battle are useless in my eyes, they are very restrictive in requirement (only certain times, certain level brackets(ib), needs a lot of players(rb).. etc). and the rewards are not worth wasting your time for. however, making them have good rewards will only make more alt-abuse material like AoT.

so in short, i would hope they are either remain the same. or only adjust their accessibility but no change in rewards. or removed and completely revamped to something that will not be alt-abused.
    • Gandalof wrote:

i know this isn't about rainbow battle but i think it's similar enough to bundle it with ice breaker.

ice breaker and rainbow battle are useless in my eyes, they are very restrictive in requirement (only certain times, certain level brackets(ib), needs a lot of players(rb).. etc). and the rewards are not worth wasting your time for. however, making them have good rewards will only make more alt-abuse material like AoT.

so in short, i would hope they are either remain the same. or only adjust their accessibility but no change in rewards. or removed and completely revamped to something that will not be alt-abused.
      This is going to be the problem with any future updates; whatever they are and whether they're completely new or an adjusted old event.

Make it difficult to host/join or make the rewards too little and no-one will bother with it. Make it too easy to host/join or make the rewards too much and players will just solo the events with alts. Either way, while limitless alts are allowed, it won't work whatever we do.
    • Kaile wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

i know this isn't about rainbow battle but i think it's similar enough to bundle it with ice breaker.

This is going to be the problem with any future updates; whatever they are and whether their completely new or an adjusted old event.
      Make it difficult to host/join or make the rewards too little and no-one will bother with it. Make it too easy to host/join or make the rewards too much and players will just solo the events with alts. Either way, while limitless alts are allowed, it won't work whatever we do.
      Kaile put it perfectly here !
      But just because More Goth may bump me again,im just gonna add my fair share of oppinion.
      Its obviously Icebreaker and Rainbow Battles are usseles and could be just aswell deleted,nobody would really care.
      How about replacing them with a new PVP System,maybe a battleground system similar to wow with 2 factions fighting eachother on a map,1 bg can be base capture while the other will be a flag race.
      I think it will be more interesting if they will be temporarily and not daily and also no alt's allowed or afk kicker,every option will still be better then what we currently have here.
      But in all seriousness is this necessary ? I mean it definetly needs a feedback but i honestly think we really need a another feedback.
      Like how about make a poll with the problems Entwell have to deal with and let the population of all servers vote.That will be interesting.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Kaile wrote:

Make it difficult to host/join no-one will bother with it.
      yes exactly. so make it more accessible

Kaile wrote:

or make the rewards too little and no-one will bother with it.
      people go arena when there is no reward at all, in fact you lose money no matter (albeit the loss is basically nothing). but they still go there just to have fun. not everything needs to give gold/items for players to participate, having fun is a valid reward too.

Kaile wrote:

or make the rewards too much and players will just solo the events with alts. Either way, while limitless alts are allowed, it won't work whatever we do.
      there are many ways to combat alt abuse, the issue isn't there. the issue is that the game devs are encouraging alt playing.
    • Gandalof wrote:

Kaile wrote:

Make it difficult to host/join no-one will bother with it.

Kaile wrote:

or make the rewards too little and no-one will bother with it.
      people go arena when there is no reward at all, in fact you lose money no matter (albeit the loss is basically nothing). but they still go there just to have fun. not everything needs to give gold/items for players to participate, having fun is a valid reward too.

Kaile wrote:

or make the rewards too much and players will just solo the events with alts. Either way, while limitless alts are allowed, it won't work whatever we do.
      there are many ways to combat alt abuse, the issue isn't there. the issue is that the game devs are encouraging alt playing.
      Make it 3 alts maximum,because making all alts illegal will surely annoy tons of people but 3 alts per player should be more then enough.
    • Okay so here are my ideas on what can be done to make Icebreaker more fun:
      1. First of all, make it a bit more rewarding. I feel like the amount of reputation / gold you gain is a bit too low. Edit: Or make it so that players get limited items as a reward, so that alt abuse is discouraged even further.
      2. Secondly, remove the whole "frozen" / team-building aspect of it. I know this may sound off-putting but let it be a battle royal type of thing ; free for all, no partying is possible. Sure, people might plot against one-another but at least they'll get hit in the crossfire/ have the risk of dying.
      3. Now in order to have it that way, also make an entirely new map that's much bigger. Say, something like NosVille but completely empty (no NPCs, no players besides the participants, etc.)
      4. While we're on the topic of making a bigger map etc. , please also prohibit the usage of Stealth-Based skills/items (Illusionist costume set).
      5. Allow people to spectate the game after they died out / if they want to BUT make it so that they can't talk via whispers / speaker / family / friend chat so that they can't give out the locations of people, or who's teaming up etc.
      6. Prohibit the usage of items such as potions, snacks, foods, etc. Also no pets allowed, and as soon as someone enters Icebreaker, make it so that they lose every single buff they have. This only is there to "lower" the power of alt-abusing.
      7. You know how Instant Combat happens every 2 hours? Make Icebreaker the same, except it's 1 hour after the start of each IC ; for example: IC is at 1, 3, 5, etc. let IB be at 2, 4, 6, you get the idea. Also make it so that it happens for every level at the same time.
      8. Make new level tiers. My suggestions would be 1-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-35, 36-39, 40-45, 46-50, 51-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-77, 78-87, 88-93, 94-99. If there's any questions as to why I think these should be the brackets, please ask them. (I don't want to make this specific post be too long)
      9. Give the top 10 players with the most wins / month a new Wing-set (Sort of like the Arena of Masters one), which is obviously gonna last 1 month until the person will lose it to someone else, if that happens.
      10. This is very minor and it's just a preference ; but please give Icebreaker a new music. Make it stand out from other areas in the game. I mean, it's supposed to be a different / fun game mode.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Make it 3 alts maximum,because making all alts illegal will surely annoy tons of people but 3 alts per player should be more then enough.
      not needed. there are already systems in place like action points, limited items for example that could be used to prevent that.

also raids like yerti where it forces everyone to enter boss map and has mechanics that require dodging makes it really hard for alt abuse.

but to stay on topic, for ice breaker i think not giving gold but instead only limited items as rewards would be a good way to deter alt abusing.
    • Gandalof wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

not needed. there are already systems in place like action points, limited items for example that could be used to prevent that.
      also raids like yerti where it forces everyone to enter boss map and has mechanics that require dodging makes it really hard for alt abuse.

but to stay on topic, for ice breaker i think not giving gold but instead only limited items as rewards would be a good way to deter alt abusing.
      What about people that use 14 alts to solo 5 Dracos/Glace raids a day ?
      Edit : So i don't get a warning,on topic i think that the icebreaker ideea should be deleted completly if Deep ideea were to be made.I mean rename it into a battle royale or something like that but the point of Icebreaker was the very fact that the teams were created after the players were freezed.
    • Remember this isn't about alts, try not to side track it.
      See Deep's post that's what we all want in those feedback threads.
      While discussing something with each other in polite way is fine, remember to stay on topic and not start "fighting" as it won't really help anyone.
      But the whole point is to take everyone's ideas in. (As long as they make sense)
    • Gandalof wrote:

Accessibility, whilst it helps, isn't everything. There are many examples of perfectly accessible activities which aren't used anymore because the rewards aren't worth much in recent times:
      - Icebreaker. Whilst it does only occur at certain times of the day (like IC, LoD etc. and other daily events players still do) , it doesn't cost much to take part and there's no need for any difficult-to-get items to join. Players don't do it at because it gives nothing of any worth. If that was changed and it did start to give desired items, players would abuse it with alts.
      - FC Combat Arena. I admit this is more limited time-wise to do and it's placement in FC doesn't help, but it's still perfectly accessible with no need for lots of gold/items to join. Still nobody does it because reward medals can be gained by other means.
      - Raids. Admittedly, some raid seals like Slade and Spider are ridiculously difficult to get the materials to make. But not all are - raids like Cuby, KFC, Nama etc. are easy to make and win but no-one does them because the rewards are worthless.
      - Family Arena. Open 24/7, only slightly more expensive than general arena to enter. Despite this, it's always empty.

General Arena is somewhat of an exception to this. It has the benefit of being used previously whilst the servers were still active. Some used it for fun. Some as a convienient way to test new equipment/SPs. It's use by some players (in UK) also wasn't necessarily for material gain (items, gold, boxes etc.), but to boost their supposed player 'image'.

Essentially, 'for fun' isn't enough in the majority of cases (Arena being the single exception). The majority of players don't do events for fun, their only aim is to become better equipped/richer. If the event doesn't give that, many won't bother. Alt-use won't change this, but it does remove any teamwork from these events which, in such inactive servers as EN, means that only alt-abusers are able to do them.

Morgoth wrote:

Remember this isn't about alts, try not to side track it.
      See Deep's post that's what we all want in those feedback threads.
      While discussing something with each other in polite way is fine, remember to stay on topic and not start "fighting" as it won't really help anyone.
      But the whole point is to take everyone's ideas in. (As long as they make sense)
      Which is the problem with how updates are being decided upon. 'This isn't about alts' suggests that alt use is totally unrelated to the topic whatsoever. It isn't. There's no point in making changes to bring back activity to such events if alt-abuse will lead to limited players using the changes and practically erasing any point to the modifications being made.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kaile ().

• Kaile wrote:

Which is the problem with how updates are being decided upon. 'This isn't about alts' suggests that alt use is totally unrelated to the topic whatsoever. It isn't. There's no point in making changes to bring back activity to such events if alt-abuse will lead to limited players using the changes and practically erasing any point to the modifications being made.
      What I meant mostly is, the whole point is to provide feedback for Ice breaker don't end up talking completely about alts as this isn't a [Feedback] What do you think about alts.
      Mentioning it in an overall sense is fine of course - just don't let it be the main conversation.

Chaosbringer wrote:

1. all win is laaaaaame

2. rewards are bad
      As said before if you don't have something productive and useful to post you don't have to post.
      - You received another warning.
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Okay so here are my ideas on what can be done to make Icebreaker more fun:
      1. First of all, make it a bit more rewarding. I feel like the amount of reputation / gold you gain is a bit too low. Edit: Or make it so that players get limited items as a reward, so that alt abuse is discouraged even further.
      2. Secondly, remove the whole "frozen" / team-building aspect of it. I know this may sound off-putting but let it be a battle royal type of thing ; free for all, no partying is possible. Sure, people might plot against one-another but at least they'll get hit in the crossfire/ have the risk of dying.
      3. Now in order to have it that way, also make an entirely new map that's much bigger. Say, something like NosVille but completely empty (no NPCs, no players besides the participants, etc.)
      4. While we're on the topic of making a bigger map etc. , please also prohibit the usage of Stealth-Based skills/items (Illusionist costume set).
      5. Allow people to spectate the game after they died out / if they want to BUT make it so that they can't talk via whispers / speaker / family / friend chat so that they can't give out the locations of people, or who's teaming up etc.
      6. Prohibit the usage of items such as potions, snacks, foods, etc. Also no pets allowed, and as soon as someone enters Icebreaker, make it so that they lose every single buff they have. This only is there to "lower" the power of alt-abusing.
      7. You know how Instant Combat happens every 2 hours? Make Icebreaker the same, except it's 1 hour after the start of each IC ; for example: IC is at 1, 3, 5, etc. let IB be at 2, 4, 6, you get the idea. Also make it so that it happens for every level at the same time.
      8. Make new level tiers. My suggestions would be 1-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-35, 36-39, 40-45, 46-50, 51-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-77, 78-87, 88-93, 94-99. If there's any questions as to why I think these should be the brackets, please ask them. (I don't want to make this specific post be too long)
      9. Give the top 10 players with the most wins / month a new Wing-set (Sort of like the Arena of Masters one), which is obviously gonna last 1 month until the person will lose it to someone else, if that happens.
      10. This is very minor and it's just a preference ; but please give Icebreaker a new music. Make it stand out from other areas in the game. I mean, it's supposed to be a different / fun game mode.

Now that someone else has posted, I can reply again ^^

1. Agree, given that there was something similar to Limited items to prevent alt-abuse, as suggested.
      2. Agree
      3. Somewhat agree
      4. Neutral. I agree that invisibility skills are problematic and disrupt PvP (Scout vs. Scout is only about who's hide CDs first), and this would be even worse in a large map like NosVille. However, that is essentially removing 1 Scout/Sin skill. Whilst the skill certainly gives a significant unfair advantage and whilst I hate the use of those skills (they ruin PvP and have turned the archer class into nothing but Scouts), where does removal of such abilities stop? Fairy switching in Rene?
      5. Agree, given that all communication between the audience and the participants is blocked.
      6. Agree 100%
      7. Agree
      8. I'll admit, I can't remember what the current level tiers are (I stopped doing IB when it used to be lv.50-99) but those you listed there look good.
      9. I'm doubtful about this. I can't help but think about how the other ranks (Reputation, Popularity, and Points) have turned out. Would it not lead to players just completing IB on other channels with themselves only and their alts? They kill their own alts, win with main. Do this multiple times a day and they'll be top rank. Would this also lead to arguments over who 'owns' particular channels, like used to be the case with IC?
      10. You mean there's someone who actually listens to the NosTale music?! :D
    • 1-
      @TheRealDeepStriker writed

for 8 : level ranges i dont think good. becay 88 ad 92 and 93 there is armors, weapons, accessories and res sets are different. while making level groups these need to be checked. that will be better

for example 85 and 88 level armor has difference about life or basic stats. other side the same weightiness thing is res sets. -- if at there splitted with criters i write at there it is ok if random it will make huge crash to lower side. example for my range : 88-93 range he writes. i am 88 , i have 88 rep bow. my enemy will have 92 level bow. with my bow bonus i will get around same damage but there will be 30 hit rate difference, %1 more critic chance and %10 more critic damage difference. (add these to shells etc this will be get bigger) also his bow decrase my 16 res , my bow only 12. In every basic math i lose fight without shells. with shells still i lose because if i scale shell power value i need 5 from 10 for hitting same with him but if he use 3 from 10 a shell power value he will kick my back again. that will force my not join there because i will lose why i try ?

these are my thinks about level re scaling factor.

2- ice breaker can be updated for Champion level players..

3- there will be a system like arena of talent. matching people with each others winner go up. no sp change at while ice breaker time. if you started with x sp you need go end until x sp. You cant see enemy which sp wearing. Each win can reward reputation. But for alt account boosting service need be disables. 1 IP only 1 account has permission to join End of this there will be a winner rewealed and can get something effected like a cloud snow on player because this is named ice breaker. when player stays at too much at same location can be a little ice transforms when player moves these ice breaks. That will be most perfect effect ever game will get maybe :D

everyday these winners recorded and sundays can be winners ice breaker. This reward can be that pointed effect and these daily winners can get smaller more or not.

edit: i forget to add about champion level items. 88+ thing there will be starts champion sets not begininng but still they are op and dont forget to it. while making level scalas this point important too.
      Member since Sep 12th 2007

The post was edited 1 time, last by nasrok34 ().