Pinned [Feedback] Ice Breaker.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TLDR:

Many of the suggestions for Icebreaker negate the purpose or role icebreaker served in the beginning. Icebreaker used to be an event to break the ice between players literally through the team aspect and was played by enough players to make it enjoyable. However, as the game progresses people become less casual and more concerned about rewards.

In my opinion ice breaker should be completely revamped mechanics and/or name wise.

1. Make ice breaker an individual pvp game mode instead of teams
      2. Only allow players to have buffs from the currently used SP (no alt buffs/buffs from outside sources), no pet and partners
      3. Better rewards: possibly give some form of a buff (which lasts on char regardless of sp for a certain amount of time), gold, rep, item to exchange for reward similar to arena coins.
      4. Allow players of different level brackets and those that die be able to spectate.
      As a mechanic for the mode itself: possibly give players a miniature rage buff (similar to the one in FC) on ganks or kills to make the mode more challenging?
    • Ruff wrote:

Crazy idea, probably insane to even think it but what if it had a ranking system similar to the new minigames and top rank has a chance to win sp upgrade scrolls
      Unfortunately, it would go the same way as every other ranked system - players complete it with their own alts only to get top rank prizes with their main characters and threaten to hunt if anyone else attempts to join. Possibly also leading to arguments again over who owns a particular channel.
      FC Combat Arena uses ranking system - inactive except for alt-abusers.
      Minigames use ranking system - inactive except for alt-abusers.

Giving away prizes like SP Upgrade Scrolls would just give people more incentive to solo it.
    • Except there is literally no reason to fear being "hunted", i thought arena was dead now....

Nobody owns any of the channels, and i dare them to find a GM who says otherwise.

Only reason minigames are inactive aside from alt abusers is because most people seem to think it isn't worth their time for some reason.... So you need alts just to start the minigames. I try to join them whenever i see it pop up and the majority of the time it doesnt even start, and when it does nobody is saying anything about hunting me...
    • Ruff wrote:

Except there is literally no reason to fear being "hunted", i thought arena was dead now....

Nobody owns any of the channels, and i dare them to find a GM who says otherwise.

Only reason minigames are inactive aside from alt abusers is because most people seem to think it isn't worth their time for some reason.... So you need alts just to start the minigames. I try to join them whenever i see it pop up and the majority of the time it doesnt even start, and when it does nobody is saying anything about hunting me...
      Of course, I'm not saying that having certain players or families claiming to 'own' particular channels is within the rules - any events within any channels should be freely available to all, but it's incorrect to say that these issues were non-existent. Just because something isn't within the rules, it doesn't mean players won't do it. IC being the most obvious example of this, where such arguments about players disturbing (simply by attending) another family's IC used to be commonplace, leading to threats and deliberate luring with the intention of killing the other player.

To try to dismiss alt-use in minigames as being purely for fun and because they can't open it any other way would be somewhat naive. It's obvious that players used alts to abuse the Sheep minigame to collect Acorns in the hope of getting Jennifer's Hat. Eventually I stopped joining any Sheep minigames hosted because I became bored of joining it thinking them to be 'for fun' games, only to enter and find it was someone hosting with their alts - moving them all to the same corner and then complaining at me for joining.

To get back on topic though:
      - I agree that IceBreaker needs some sort of better reward to motivate players to take part again (ideally a Limited reward). Though a ranking system would just reward whoever has the most alts to kill inside the IB.

- No outside buffs, pots, snacks etc.

- I like the idea of players being able to watch after taking part and I wouldn't mind being able to watch even if I wasn't actually taking part myself, but there would need to be no communication between observers and participants allowed.

- Perhaps a more noticeable announcement? Like with IC and Rainbow Battle? If I remember right, Icebreaker only gets a small reminder in the bottom right corner of the screen so it's easy to miss.
    • Luring with the intention of killing another player is called grief play and is a bannable offense.... So personally i couldn't care less if someone threatens to do that to me. In the end, i wouldn't have much to worry about there.

If someone is moving all their alts to the same corner, just makes it easier for you to climb the rankings yourself doesn't it? I mean you know where the wolves are so that is easy points. Might not get 1st but you should get an easy 2nd right?

I tried doing a sheep raid with a friend and some of his alts, we kept killing the alts but in the end the alts had negative points and didn't get any rewards and our rewards also weren't very good. Next time we try we are gonna only kill sheep so the alts get prizes too, see if the 1st place person will get 3 chests like normal if there are more ppl on the ranking board. Saw a random join it too, didn't get mad. Only reason we had his alts join in the 1st place was because we couldn't get any ppl to join. We've joined a few as well, tend to get 1st and 2nd place when we do(though sometimes one of the other ppl are kickin our butts) and haven't recieved any complaints. Though to be fair, i wouldn't really care if someone did complain at me. What are they gonna do, not be my friend?

Ranking system for IB doesnt need to be based on kills.... IB is a survival mode so why wouldnt ranking be based on who lasts the longest?(meaning number of alts is pretty pointless)

It is just hard to think of a way to make it better when i know if it gets worthwhile we are just gonna find the lower level IB filled with pimped out SPs.... Such as level 20s with lv99+15 SPs.... Personally dont think the lower levels actually find that enjoyable.
    • police.png Summary Post #1
      1. Better rewards (reputation and gold) and generally items that could make people interested.
      2. Daily exp quest to give more motivation to do IB at least once.
      3. Remove the "get frozen when you die" and team building.
      4. New bigger and more interesting map, with cool battling music.(As if people don't mute this already)
      5. When players join IB all buffs should be removed and the cooldown of the skills should reset. (To avoid issues of people buffing before IB and then having to spend the first 2 minutes without buffs)
      6. Do not allow stealth skills like assassin and scout.(costumes too.)
      7. forbid usage of pots/snacks/enchantments.
      8. Do not allow pets and partners let it be player versus player group or single.
      9. Fixed times, so players can keep track of it and know when it's gonna happen. (1 hour after IC happens so it fills the 1 hour gap between the next IC)
      10. New level tiers. Current suggestion: 1-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-35, 36-39, 40-45, 46-50, 51-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-77, 78-87, 88-93, 94-99, Champion level 25~50.
      11. Limit alt abuse.
      Let me know if I missed anything and of course this will keep getting updated, if the title did not give you the hint.
    • Ruff wrote:

Just gonna add, if buffs are removed upon entry it needs to refresh cooldowns too. Don't want my self buffs removed on entry only to be on cool down the first 3 minutes of IB.
      I added that as it makes sense and I am sure if that change does happen especially the first month people will be full buffing before joining IB.
    • i will start lil offtopic

hunt is not only arena spamkilling. most of time it's also getting banned from raids/family and other stuff, aka being shunned.
      as far "owning ch" since the ancient ic times, there were multiple people/families havin pacts of "ch ownership". most of those guys are way way stronger has way bigger impact in game than you. i am not insulting you, just gettin to my point. sure you can stay in ch and get you and your family hunted, banned by those guys/families and just get shunned in progress. as for raid i mean real ones, not some xing or castra stuff, but a5.2/a6 or fernon, only few people are hosting it, not in superfixed teams. (cept fernon) and there's nothing you can do about it. survival of the fittest

As for this IB thing.
      If they want to make it successful or playable pvp-fun mode, they should give people equal chances.
      What i mean is well, when you join raid you should get kinda randomized, mh it's going to be fun to explain, shall i begin.
      Soo, when you join "IB" you would get "new" random character (kinda like sheep raid) with fixed level (everyone same level), sounds lil booring. But there's twitst - class is random, you get only 2 sps out of 8 (randomly), kinda like some huntergame/gg fusion.
      or
      They could make that everyone hits %dmg like in some event raids, like some lazertag "3 hits would freeze you".

As for normal idea
      Hide nicknames and block chat like in caligor, so people couldn't form teams by family/yadayada. ( or it could randomly make teams at start of ib)
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • I will have to voice my disagreement with Kacchan suggestion for IB.
      I think equal chances for a PVP Tournament is indeed fitting,but spreading this to the other pvp contents is not a good ideea.
      PVP should still mostly rely on the individual equipment and skill.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~