The Last Post Wins V8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Not sure I would suggest a private server to anyone in any game to be honest, they can disappear any day without barely any warning even if they are active as hell. Kinda makes the time spent on it feel a bit of a waste also forcing you to start all over again in a new server (official or not).(I actually say this out of my own past experience in games)
    in this case im pretty sure it won't poof suddenly, it will stay until it naturally dies.
    but even if that risk was actually present.. it would still be better for new players, with how heavily p2w and grindy the official servers are.. a new player has to either spend their life savings or grind for 8 hours daily like it's a job. both of which are not worth so i won't recommend it for anyone.

so yeah, even if p-serves didn't exist.. i would tell a friend to stay away from it.
    My comment was more general yeah but I kinda think if you don't like the official server of a game then I guess you need to find a better game that suits your tastes (I would suggest a different game than a private server is what I am saying)

Although everything being easy and have r8+10 / 99+15 all sp cards in half a month is also a bit uh... I think a middle road would be more ideal.
    I do agree though that there should be non-mall options for scrolls and upgrade stuff.
    If let's say Nosmall or Nosmallers disappear for a month nobody will be able to upgrade anything which is a bit uh...
  • Morgoth wrote:

My comment was more general yeah but I kinda think if you don't like the official server of a game then I guess you need to find a better game that suits your tastes (I would suggest a different game than a private server is what I am saying)
    no, i like the game. otherwise i wouldnt have played for so long. but there are flaws within it that i recognize. the main reason i think a new player won't have a good experience is due to the greed of publisher rather than the gameplay itself.

so same game, but run by different people makes sense for me to recommend.

keep in mind i dont even play the V or other servers, so it technically hurt me more than benefit me. but i do believe that they would provide more enjoyable experience for them, so ill recommend that instead.
  • I play on UK sometimes, but it becomes more and more unplayable.
    My problem with nostale is that "essential" items are not drops but rather nosmall items.
    I mean there are too many examples of this:
    - i want to upgrade my (not paja or pirate sp) SP.
    The only way to do this safely after +2 (i once had a destroyed soul to +3, for which I also need a nosmal item to recover) is with a scroll. I'd be fine if I could just grind and a scroll drops.
    But no, the scrolls are mall exclusive items. As a F2P person I would have to buy it from a maller. What if there are no mallers? Oh, let's stick to my +2 sp. nice damage #not.

- I want to train an sp for an alt, or have obtained an SP from a raid.
    I again cannot transfer the sp (unless through warehouse) without a card carrier, again mall only item.

- I want a mount that is not slow like marcopolo or camel
    again, everything is NOSMALL

- I want to buy a new weapon
    OH PERFUME IS NOSMALL. OH AND THE AMOUNT IS RIDICULOUS TOO!

- I want a good pet that can tank a bit. OH WAIT, NOSMALL.

And with the hyperinflation, the game is just ridiculous.
    Also, I think these items are ridiculously pricy with real money.
  • Gandalof wrote:

keep in mind i dont even play the V or other servers, so it technically hurt me more than benefit me. but i do believe that they would provide more enjoyable experience for them
    although there are clearly hack users and bots all around that some even post videos on YT how they use these hacks...

~Galaco~ wrote:

I play on UK sometimes, but it becomes more and more unplayable.
    My problem with nostale is that "essential" items are not drops but rather nosmall items.
    The only way to do this safely after +2 (i once had a destroyed soul to +3, for which I also need a nosmal item to recover) is with a scroll. I'd be fine if I could just grind and a scroll drops.
    But no, the scrolls are mall exclusive items. As a F2P person I would have to buy it from a maller. What if there are no mallers? Oh, let's stick to my +2 sp. nice damage #not.

I again cannot transfer the sp (unless through warehouse) without a card carrier, again mall only item.

Well, it's a business model that players don't like. There is another option: buy to play, pay more for cosmetics
  • what galaco said is a big part of why a new player will not a have a good experience, it is less extreme on US but the problem is still there.

Jekyll wrote:

although there are clearly hack users and bots all around that some even post videos on YT how they use these hacks...
    i've seen your comment about this before, don't have anything to say about that since i don't play there myself. but now that i think about it, i realize that i probably shouldn't point someone to a place i'm oblivious of. but the thing that i stand my ground on is that i will never recommend an official server for someone new for the reasons stated above and more.
  • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

no, i like the game. otherwise i wouldnt have played for so long. but there are flaws within it that i recognize. the main reason i think a new player won't have a good experience is due to the greed of publisher rather than the gameplay itself.
    so same game, but run by different people makes sense for me to recommend.

keep in mind i dont even play the V or other servers, so it technically hurt me more than benefit me. but i do believe that they would provide more enjoyable experience for them, so ill recommend that instead.
    To clarify what I meant there I didn't write it properly, I would suggest to a new player to play the official servers of a game (even if they are terrible) and if he don't like it after 1-2 weeks of trying for whatever reason then I would suggest a different game.
    I remember though there was a private server of a game years back that was around for 4 years or so. One day the owner made an announcement that even though the server is really active the donations did not satisfy him and closed the server (even though the donations did cover his expenses but I guess he got greedy) That is 1 event of many but I am just using it as an example.

~Galaco~ wrote:

I play on UK sometimes, but it becomes more and more unplayable.

Well... Can't disagree at all there.

Jekyll wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

keep in mind i dont even play the V or other servers, so it technically hurt me more than benefit me. but i do believe that they would provide more enjoyable experience for them
    Keep in mind most of the botters and hackers we get rid off from here go to that private server lol. So yeah...
  • To Be Honest ( okay why the f capitals kacchan?), i don't see problem with nosmall stuff. Yeah i get it's expensive and p2w and vivaverse. But it some way you can atleast grind those items, slowly. My main problem is that servers don't have fixed nos$prices and they only raise up. At start of US server, we had 80k boas ( golden age for us ), now ~350-400k not sure. That's for item which "saves" time and helps you level up. And since gameforge is only pushing nosgamblewhell items, it only kills nos$ rate. Good luck getting new players when even boa costs 400k and max they can earn is 200-300k per hour. Not even talking about 10m pets/psps or other stuff. They could atleast make vendor for must needed/limited items on fixed gold rate or atleast some vendor with mh like daily quest "Kill x or talk to x" for 1 limited boa/spupgrad. (as limited i mean untradable items)
    <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
  • Kacchan wrote:

To Be Honest ( okay why the f capitals kacchan?), i don't see problem with nosmall stuff. Yeah i get it's expensive and p2w and vivaverse. But it some way you can atleast grind those items, slowly. My main problem is that servers don't have fixed nos$prices and they only raise up. At start of US server, we had 80k boas ( golden age for us ), now ~350-400k not sure. That's for item which "saves" time and helps you level up. And since gameforge is only pushing nosgamblewhell items, it only kills nos$ rate. Good luck getting new players when even boa costs 400k and max they can earn is 200-300k per hour. Not even talking about 10m pets/psps or other stuff. They could atleast make vendor for must needed/limited items on fixed gold rate or atleast some vendor with mh like daily quest "Kill x or talk to x" for 1 limited boa/spupgrad. (as limited i mean untradable items)
    There is nothing wrong with nosmall of course, I think what we all saying is that there should be a non-nosmall way to earn certain items.
    Considering we do have the limited items I was kinda expecting for Gameforge to make them obtainable via a farmer's way. Since you cant sell or trade them will only be used for personal needs.

Basically Nosmall should provide an easy and smooth progress using real money, and that is fine. Its 2k19 all MMOs are like this. But most of other MMOs also have options for farmers to be able to cope, so a harder more time consuming way to progress but still you can progress without the need of a whale.
  • Morgoth wrote:

To clarify what I meant there I didn't write it properly, I would suggest to a new player to play the official servers of a game (even if they are terrible) and if he don't like it after 1-2 weeks of trying for whatever reason then I would suggest a different game.
    why though? if the game is great but has issues that makes it very hard or impossible for a new player to enjoy.. why would you make them waste a week or two? and more so why would you suggest a different game when there is a different server (whether official or not, doesn't matter) solves this issue?

and im here mostly talking about recommending to a friend, not some rando on the internet u dun care about (even tho i'd save that rando his time cus i do have some sympathy).
  • Gandalof wrote:

why though? if the game is great but has issues that makes it very hard or impossible for a new player to enjoy.. why would you make them waste a week or two? and more so why would you suggest a different game when there is a different server (whether official or not, doesn't matter) solves this issue?

and im here mostly talking about recommending to a friend, not some rando on the internet u dun care about (even tho i'd save that rando his time cus i do have some sympathy).
    Because I would want the friend to play with me, would be the only reason for me to suggest a multiplayer game to someone, otherwise I don't really care.
    And I would also (like you) never suggest a server I haven't personally played myself to see how it actually is - I never trust or believe rumors people spread.

I wouldn't care for randoms I wouldn't even spend the time to suggest them anything :whistling:
  • Kacchan wrote:

i don't see problem with nosmall stuff.
    ...says ka-chi as he proceeds to list bunch of problems with nosmall stuff:

Kacchan wrote:

Yeah i get it's expensive and p2w and vivaverse. But it some way you can atleast grind those items, slowly. My main problem is that servers don't have fixed nos$prices and they only raise up.

Morgoth wrote:

Considering we do have the limited items I was kinda expecting for Gameforge to make them obtainable via a farmer's way.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh bud. so not only you expected GF to do something that wont give them money.. but also something that will actively hurt their milking potential :rofl: ahhh my stomache hurts. maybe i should introduce you to my source so they could tell you a thing or two about how things work there.

Morgoth wrote:

Basically Nosmall should provide an easy and smooth progress using real money, and that is fine. Its 2k19 all MMOs are like this.
    i strongly disagree with this. you state "and that is fine. Its 2k19 all MMOs are like this." as if these mmorpgs are prospering and bringing high profits, when in fact.. p2w is one the big reasons this genre went down the drain. there is a reason why WoW is still dominating the genre, while new p2w bs games are dead on arrival.

Morgoth wrote:

Because I would want the friend to play with me, would be the only reason for me to suggest a multiplayer game to someone, otherwise I don't really care.
    you right, i didn't think of this actually lol. but yeah, that makes more sense.
  • Gandalof wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh bud. so not only you expected GF to do something that wont give them money.. but also something that will actively hurt their milking potential ahhh my stomache hurts. maybe i should introduce you to my source so they could tell you a thing or two about how things work there.
    LOL don't worry I know how things work but I was like REALLY optimistic and only took me a second (literally) to go back to my senses, but yeah for 1 second I did expect them to do that. It's funny I know.

Gandalof wrote:

i strongly disagree with this. you state "and that is fine. Its 2k19 all MMOs are like this." as if these mmorpgs are prospering and bringing high profits, when in fact.. p2w is one the big reasons this genre went down the drain. there is a reason why WoW is still dominating the genre, while new p2w bs games are dead on arrival.
    Don't get me wrong I don't like it either, but companies fail to take the hint so... "That's fine, whales are happy to spend their money so" And we are happy to spend our time elsewhere that's more worthy, fair trade.
    And to be fair they do prosper for about a year? or two? I guess that's probably enough. They start by jebaiting people "this is not p2w game" and have a lot of farming ways to progress. Only later on with updates to start taking the farming ways away and giving p2w more power.
    "Are you addicted enough to our game that you won't quit? good. Now give us your money"
  • Morgoth wrote:

And to be fair they do prosper for about a year? or two?
    give an example of this. all the new mmorpgs that came in 2018 (and even before, but i'll just leave it 18) that i have kept up with, had the initial spike of release then just a downward decline. in few months at most, it's pretty much dead (by dead i mean low pop not shutdown, but some do actually just shutdown).
  • Well i guess i kinda wanted go with more of "adding"must" items into nosmall isn't bad, just locking them with broken economy is".

And all about the game. I don't really know what we could even say more about it. Everything has been said, multiple times. It's really really really..r-rreally old and outdated. I guess developments never really thought about whole "endgame" and 'multiaccounting problems' stuffs. Which really causes economy problems in the game.

I guess like most of games it started as more f2p friendly. i don't really remember all of real og nostale days fully (i was like 10-12 when i found the game1*) like sps with 20job and real og map and those little bastard fairies eating your whole inventory, while they only CHARGE UP). And while it goes they add item by item to nosmall. But you know it's nostale frikkin old game with chibi anime avatars as characters while there were legends like cabal, wow, mu, *something else*, so i guess they started getting less players, which means less $, which means more $ stuff in mall.

Right now, there's no way that i would recommend nostale to anyone i know. I don't even have to explain why.

Anyway i was writing about old nostale and i remembered how i got my first ban.
    So probably was it like 2006-7. I used to play nostale with my exbestfriend. I mean not super professional or into in. Just you know low (that time maybe kinda normal) 30-40 levels nuubs. So one day that bastard tried one of those "putyouridandpass" to get gold shadyschemes. Without questions, he got his account stolen and they used his account to "sharethatstuff", since were kids, we had no idea about tickets and we kinda had really very very small knowledge of english skills at that time (i once got warning from Bittersweet from talking in my language ( funny thing, she was on the tiger mount and that was before nostale had any mounts, that was neat(this happened few years latter i guess) and he used to play at my house/me at his. So i got banned aswell, wrote ticket with my 11y~ average english skills explaining that it wasn't my fault and answer - "your fault, blablabla ticket blabla multiaccounting" But funniest part wes, he came to my house super angry and like "omg you stole my 150k" (few hours before getting his and my accounts banned)
    <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
  • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

And to be fair they do prosper for about a year? or two?
    give an example of this. all the new mmorpgs that came in 2018 (and even before, but i'll just leave it 18) that i have kept up with, had the initial spike of release then just a downward decline. in few months at most, it's pretty much dead (by dead i mean low pop not shutdown, but some do actually just shutdown).
    I mostly had MMOs in mind from 2016 etc rather than so fresh 2018, I guess I can see why they would die much faster now (I cant name games that are not owned by gameforge though)

Kacchan wrote:

Well i guess i kinda wanted go with more of "adding"must" items into nosmall isn't bad, just locking them with broken economy is".
    Fair enough, I mean to be fair gathering 70k to buy a BOA etc is not a big deal.

Kacchan wrote:

It's really really really..r-rreally old and outdated. I guess developments never really thought about whole "endgame" and 'multiaccounting problems' stuffs.
    At this point they should update the game engine, but ok for a 11 or so year old game maybe that's not worth it. Up to Entwell anyway.

Avoid talking about bans and punishments on forum :whistling:
  • Well actually it's not that I mind paying for a game (I do it a lot with my 3ds, because i'm a nintendo fanatic);
    But, let's be fair. 4-5 spins on the noswheel and 95% chance on garbage (the sad truth of gacha) and you'd lose it all if the game closes down) or 1 boxed (3ds/switch(although these games are like 7-8 noswheel spins) whatever) game i can play for e.g. 40 hours per playthrough (or even more in cases like pokemon) and can even replay if I would like it
    It gives me much more value for my money. I just personally think that spending on offline games is a much better investment that in games like nostale.
    That's why I can resist the temptation on spending on nosmall so well, because I could better throw my money in the waste bin or spend on physical game.

@morgh, but for example in UK boa's were 1M a while ago, as a starting player it's very hard to gather 1M. I remember being poor and living in debt until I was level 90 and could solo mob and earn a living by selling magmaros and doing SP raids.
  • ~Galaco~ wrote:

spending on offline games is a much better investment that in games like nostale.
    Yup. Pretty much, the rates are insane in all MMOs in my opinion what you can get with 100 euros/dollars in a MMO and what you can get outside of them (physical stuff, other single-player games or non MMO anyway)

~Galaco~ wrote:

@morgh, but for example in UK boa's were 1M a while ago, as a starting player it's very hard to gather 1M. I remember being poor and living in debt until I was level 90 and could solo mob and earn a living by selling magmaros and doing SP raids.
    Yup that's what Kacchan and me talking about that IF the economy is ok then you don't necessarily have to give (limited) ancelloan in a non nosmall way cause they just cost 70k which is easy to obtain, but when the item is 300k or 1mill then we have a problem.