Why doesn't private servers close?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naerys wrote:

On the other side, knowing that server´s exp rate and drop rate, i cant say i am surprised ppl prefer it over the official server :P
    I mean comparing to other mmorpg's Nostale itself has quite a big leveling rate.You can like make a char from lv 1 to 20 in a day and even more.
    In other mmorpg's a hardcore day will get ya like lv 10 ? idk how they changged in time,i preffer the oldschool ones anyway.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Pinkamena wrote:

Naerys wrote:

On the other side, knowing that server´s exp rate and drop rate, i cant say i am surprised ppl prefer it over the official server :P
    I mean comparing to other mmorpg's Nostale itself has quite a big leveling rate.You can like make a char from lv 1 to 20 in a day and even more.In other mmorpg's a hardcore day will get ya like lv 10 ? idk how they changged in time,i preffer the oldschool ones anyway.
    Vindictus (another mmorpg) has such exping system that you can make your char lvl 50-60 in few hours
    lvling around lvls 80-100 is bit slower but compared to Nos its still faster
  • There has already been a discussion about this subject that you can read here: 'Is there any plan bringing down private servers'.

To quote LadySky from that previous thread:

Lady Sky wrote:

We do take actions against private servers, and any reports or information is always welcome, however it is not an easy process and in some cases, due to the laws in the different countries, location of the servers, etc the truth is that it can take quite some time to see any real results.

And no, no private servers (please avoid promoting any particular ones) are in any way related to Gameforge nor do we get any money from them. They don't have the license, they are private servers.

As for the population of the servers, we are already working on the server merge project (details will follow soon). Even if in this first round NosTale EN is not affected, it doesn't mean that there won't be other rounds in the future.
  • Jekyll wrote:

as Lady Sky said, they are taking actions but it might not have an immediate effect.
    :rofl:

nasrok34 wrote:

you need work for it too. if you have friend at there playing you need call them back. do not play games not legal. do not play games cracked. dont play and dont let them play.
    lul
    English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
  • Because i think there is many player. There is no multi account thing you need. I can be wrong but if someone using their multies for gaining advantage for other players this makes other player give up game. There is not everyone has equal computer system or internet connection.

There is 4 things makes online game live longer :

1-Updates: if you do good updates , fix problems fast that makes game more live longer.
    2-Equality: there will be nearly equal nosmaller and normal player. Btw this is not problem much. Because you can trade/sell nosmall things now.(at old times you cant)
    3-Being neutral : For every player team players need be neutral on punishments. If x guy using bot getting ban and y guy is friend with gms and y guy using bot too but getting warning. This is break players confidence. (I dont see any about this problem too)
    4-Friendship: Players at game if find someone good friend, they play together more longer than they play alone. They help each other. As i write here if you be greedy or something like it. You can do everything with alone. Later you bored from game and give up game.
    Member since Sep 12th 2007
  • Naerys wrote:

But i dont think many of players who are playing that PS would return to official server after closing that PS...
    either would be created another PS :rolleyes: or those players would find better MMORPG
    Its sad that PS cares about its players more than Gameforge,tbh.
    Well some would. But mainly it would stop privatta migration.

Pinkamena wrote:

Naerys wrote:

I mean comparing to other mmorpg's Nostale itself has quite a big leveling rate.You can like make a char from lv 1 to 20 in a day and even more.In other mmorpg's a hardcore day will get ya like lv 10 ? idk how they changged in time,i preffer the oldschool ones anyway.
    Mostly i got - 37lv (start of us) But some people got 50+ @Racordany grr
    I don't think that xp is great in nostale, problem starts with lod/mobbing thingies,maybe clevel. In most of mmorgps it's super fun to mob/level up, you got ~50+ different skills, different and interesting maps, while we got lod from 55-90 which only starts in fixed time, gets super bugged or doesnt' start because of lack people and sometimes people gets super greedy, so you don't even care about xp and just get sad. Talking from lowlevel experience. Imagine you being able to play 4 hours in day at fixed time, let's say 18-22 after work.(i will use my lod time) so there's only lod for that 19-21, so great you got xp of one lod. (if there were enought/not too much people). At 88 you get like 10-5% for full lod. (i don't remember exactly).While in others mmorgp only good leveling map aren't usally fixed by time.

nasrok34 wrote:

do not play games not legal. do not play games cracked. dont play

pirateforlaif
    <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
  • Cherish wrote:

There has already been a discussion about this subject that you can read here: 'Is there any plan bringing down private servers'.

To quote LadySky from that previous thread:

Lady Sky wrote:

We do take actions against private servers, and any reports or information is always welcome, however it is not an easy process and in some cases, due to the laws in the different countries, location of the servers, etc the truth is that it can take quite some time to see any real results.

And no, no private servers (please avoid promoting any particular ones) are in any way related to Gameforge nor do we get any money from them. They don't have the license, they are private servers.

As for the population of the servers, we are already working on the server merge project (details will follow soon). Even if in this first round NosTale EN is not affected, it doesn't mean that there won't be other rounds in the future.

kitcalie wrote:

*sighs*

I tried to allow this to stay open as I did like to see the back and forth but now it is just completely off topic. Lady gave you an official Gameforge answer and I assume that is all the information she can give us concerning this topic.

(for those that might not have seen it:)

Lady Sky wrote:

She was even nice enough to allow the conversation to continue even after people continued to add in the name(s) of the private servers even though this is normally not allowed on these forums due to no discussion of illegal things. Now this thread is just bickering over a small modding concern (which is also not allowed) so I am going to go ahead and close this.
    This is just a note for everyone. Do not spread false information and rumors just because you want them to be true or you think they are true because they fit what you think of something. This just creates more confusion.

p.s. Do not make more threads about the private servers or they will be closed.
    Nothing more to say about it.

Thread closed.