Pinned [Feedback] New Launcher Improvements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Feedback] New Launcher Improvements

Hello everyone! we would like your feedback about the new launcher that was released today! > New launcher brings improvements aplenty

Few things to make sure your feedback can be used and heard to the fullest.
      • Be polite / No need to say things in an aggressive way.
      • Do not go on to pointless arguments, everyone has their own opinion and that's what we ask here!
      • Provide as many details as you can. (Why you like it or don't like it, and what do you think is needed to improve it)
      Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to write and share your thoughts!
    • i know launcher-for-everything is the new trend now so i guess it's too much to ask for its removal all together. so i'll just ask for this gameforge master account removal. we don't really need that account which the main purpose of -if i'm not mistaken- is to tie all accounts of different games of GF together. we can just make an account in the other game if we want to play said game.
    • Finaly made it easier to launch x')
      I like the change and how it works but really would like the usernames to be in alpha order, cause atm feels like they're jsut randomly thrown in there. I had kinda memorized where they were on the late launcher and now they're scrambled again ._.
    • Gandalof wrote:

i know launcher-for-everything is the new trend now so i guess it's too much to ask for its removal all together. so i'll just ask for this gameforge master account removal. we don't really need that account which the main purpose of -if i'm not mistaken- is to tie all accounts of different games of GF together. we can just make an account in the other game if we want to play said game.
      According to this part:

Lady_Sky wrote:

Here’s how multi-accounting works:
      It’s really simple.
      To log in with an additional account, you need to do the following:
      Log in to your Master Account and select one of your linked NosTale accounts. Use this to log into the game and the Gameforge launcher will remain open in the background.
      If you now click on your account name in the top-right of the Gameforge Launcher and select another account, you can then use it to log in. To do so, simply click on ‘Play’.
      You can link all of your Nostale accounts under your Gameforge master account and access all of them through the new Launcher. (It will stay in the background and you can run all of them)
      So it is not just about different games it also works for the same game if you have more than 1 account.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

i know launcher-for-everything is the new trend now so i guess it's too much to ask for its removal all together. so i'll just ask for this gameforge master account removal. we don't really need that account which the main purpose of -if i'm not mistaken- is to tie all accounts of different games of GF together. we can just make an account in the other game if we want to play said game.
      According to this part:

Lady_Sky wrote:

Here’s how multi-accounting works:
      It’s really simple.
      To log in with an additional account, you need to do the following:
      Log in to your Master Account and select one of your linked NosTale accounts. Use this to log into the game and the Gameforge launcher will remain open in the background.
      If you now click on your account name in the top-right of the Gameforge Launcher and select another account, you can then use it to log in. To do so, simply click on ‘Play’.
      You can link all of your Nostale accounts under your Gameforge master account and access all of them through the new Launcher. (It will stay in the background and you can run all of them)So it is not just about different games it also works for the same game if you have more than 1 account.
      Nope. It doesnt work.
    • I think the new launcher is a nice improvement to the game.

Pros
      - The interface is clear and I can see the news immediately
      - Great that support can be reached immediately from the start screen

Cons:
      - What does annoy me sometimes is that the splash face upon launching cannot be put on the background. -> when you are reading something while starting up nos, the splashface will always be at the front, alt tabbing does not bring it to the back. It can also not be moved, so if someone wants to multitask it is a bit of a nuisance.
      - The logoff button could be made more evident
      - I don't want to unify my accounts (sorry), I would like to see a button that shows "don't show this message anymore" when the launcher asks for the email address
      - When you disconnect, you have to start the game from the launcher again, which I personally think is annoying
    • ~Galaco~ wrote:

- I don't want to unify my accounts (sorry), I would like to see a button that shows "don't show this message anymore" when the launcher asks for the email address

~Galaco~ wrote:

- When you disconnect, you have to start the game from the launcher again, which I personally think is annoying
      Agree with both of them, And i would like to add , make the multiclient to be able being open into other window not into same one , make it more easier for us to select the chars ,for 1-3 accs are ok but when u use 8 chars at same time its kinda hard +abit of lag(just like sandboxie)
      And this new GF login kinda eat abit more CPU memory than old version btw w/e.
      It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

"People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
      Haters gonna hate =)
    • I don't understand how to link my other gameforge account to my master account(even after reading your guide) and it's not clear how to even multi client with this, the design looks good/modern but overall it fails to be user-friendly.
      It's better than the old one for sure, but not the best it could be.

But also I haven't been able to use this launcher since it released, because on my PC it doesn't work, when I launch it's stuck on 'Get Ready' , I tried reinstalling about 5 times, moved files and all other fixes mentioned here but it's just stuck there so I'm forced to use steam to play and this launcher isn't even available on steam, so I can't multi client there which is really unfair to steam players. ( I know about the new launcher because it works on my other computer just not my main one)

My suggestion is to make it simpler to link accounts together in gameforge and to multi client. My second suggestion is to fix the launcher so that it doesn't get stuck on 'Get Ready' , and my third suggestion is make the new launcher available on steam.

My good comments is the design looks good and I hope other parts of nostale gets modern designs like this, it makes the game look newer.
    • It's easy, just go to Gameforge page and then register with ur email and new pass. After that all you have to do is link ur other accs emails to that one you just created (to link go to account settings and email management and add ur other accs email, once you have done that you have to go to the email you want to link with and verify it).

dylansanasy1 wrote:

multi client there which is really unfair to steam players
      I don't think that's possible tho