the QoL changes that has been coming recently are great but.. there is one small thing missing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gandalof wrote:

ariyoshi wrote:

I think the issue resides in the fact that there are a plethora of suggestions which have not been specifically detailed by players for the developers to take in (I also realize there are suggestions which are specific but hard to execute). For example: sp rebalancing - which sps? rebalance in the sense of skill effects or values?
      so.. to solve this, someone from the dev team or a representative could ask ask these questions (which sps? rebalance in the sense of skill effects or values?). and issue a statement about things hard to execute, things they are working on.. etc

ariyoshi wrote:

From entwell or even GF's perspective its insane to attempt to sort out every suggestion made on every server for just one game (keep in mind developers have several games).
      this isn't even about suggestions only but overall engagement with the community. and it is in no way "insane".. it's not like there is hundreds of new threads everyday. and your overall point doesn't even make much sense quite honestly, if it's insane to have a community manager to actually interact with the community then it is also insane to have gms in game and board mods.

ariyoshi wrote:

I think if players have a proper productive and polite discussion in game or on forums about pros/cons then we would see more updates.
      you know what would be a great step towards that? well i talked about it this whole thread, wanna take a guess on what it is?
      TLDR warning

Point 1/2:

keep in mind we are not sure how big the development/rep team is from GF or entwell or what their responsibilities are and that nostale in its prime had a huge number of suggestions (most revolved around new sp/raid releases/new content). I am just trying to voice the perspective that if was the employee in charge of being a rep for a gaming platform for every game - there is so much information you need to keep on top of (not every game is as dead as nostale). For example I'll use nostale as an example and list some specific suggestions:
      • fix control z bug
      • fix f5-f8 key bug for auto lock on
      • sp balance - change values/effects and cast animations of certain sps such as scout, zerk, etc (DR lower mana patch please :D)
      • Offering a starter pack w/ pots, mount (effective in act 1-3?), high rare lvl 45 eq, gold % (1-55?) buff for new players
      • Reduce limit of the number of buffs on a player
      Lastly, a point could be made that if the rep is part of the development team that the rep isn't focusing on the main job criteria which is to help actually do technical development of the game. Most people that in leadership/management are primarily concerned with productivity and efficiency - in that regard having a development team member take time out to engage with the team may be viewed as inefficient.

P.S. As i was making the list of suggestions I realized many of the suggestions left do not greatly impact the player base or are outdated, or taken --> guess gf is doing a pseudo good job?
      I also realize an argument can be made that not every game is as active in giving suggestions as I'm alluding them to be.

Point 3:
      Dialogue is appreciated, I like engaging about suggestions in forums hence why I post a lot. I'm guessing based on your response you think a rep should be a part of discussing the pros and cons for suggestions but I think it becomes ill suited since half the time players just insult each other. For example, take 99% of the server merge posts. :missilelauncher:

In conclusion, for those that can't tell: I don't think a rep is necessary, but I am open to the idea of a producer/developer letter of sorts in which goals or deliverables for the year are outlined in patches to come. For example, LoL interviews with employees on the dev team have explained the company releases about 4-5 new champions a year (or some crap like that), and the GF announcement of server merges planned for 2019.
    • ariyoshi wrote:

if the rep is part of the development team that the rep isn't focusing on the main job criteria which is to help actually do technical development of the game.
      it doesn't have to be one of the dev team (which i think i said before). and in most cases it usually isn't.

ariyoshi wrote:

I'm guessing based on your response you think a rep should be a part of discussing the pros and cons for suggestions but I think it becomes ill suited since half the time players just insult each other. For example, take 99% of the server merge posts.
      no, they don't have to be. that would be great but i'm not expecting that. i just want acknowledgement from GF side.
      i know my talk about rep, engagement.. blah.. blah might sound like i'm asking for more than what i'm trying asking of. but, really all i want is an official statements addressed to us (plans for future updates/things that are heavily requested that they are working on), and simple things like "thanks for the suggestion".
      that's all the interactions i want.

ariyoshi wrote:

but I am open to the idea of a producer/developer letter of sorts in which goals or deliverables for the year are outlined in patches to come.
      i've already said it before but yeah that would be fine for me. as long as the goals i want are satisfied, it doesn't matter if they do it the way im suggesting or any other way they are comfortable with.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra