the QoL changes that has been coming recently are great but.. there is one small thing missing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the QoL changes that has been coming recently are great but.. there is one small thing missing

i really loved the extra hotbar slots and raising items to 999 per stack. i like the change to ic (not ideal but it is much better than before). and i love the upcoming changes to basar, and im somewhat pleased with linking items in speaker (yeah i like it but it's such a basic feature that i've seen in every other mmo that i wonder why did it take so long)

all of that is great but, one thing is missing. interaction with players. yeah i know you allegedly hear us (whoever "you" supposed to be) but we don't hear anything from you, i don't want you to comply with every suggestion or complaint made.. all i want is acknowledgement from GF/Entwell to us players. show us that you actually care by having an official representative actually interacting with players.
    • Gandalof wrote:

i really loved the extra hotbar slots and raising items to 999 per stack. i like the change to ic (not ideal but it is much better than before). and i love the upcoming changes to basar, and im somewhat pleased with linking items in speaker (yeah i like it but it's such a basic feature that i've seen in every other mmo that i wonder why did it take so long)

all of that is great but, one thing is missing. interaction with players. yeah i know you allegedly hear us (whoever "you" supposed to be) but we don't hear anything from you, i don't want you to comply with every suggestion or complaint made.. all i want is acknowledgement from GF/Entwell to us players. show us that you actually care by having an official representative actually interacting with players.
      And THAT might be a bit of problem...
    • I guess it's because.. it is not just 1 person but a whole team, in theory they should not interact with the community directly because they don't really have to.
      Game team reports to Community Manager and Community manager reports to whoever they are supposed to report to and so on.
      And we do have Lady Sky here in the forum so.

Don't get me wrong I get your point but I am just somewhat explaining how it works right now and why it wouldn't be so convenient to have the whole team that's behind the scenes openly in the forum.
      And if you are not gonna have all of them but 1 person from them that will practically be the same as what we have now.
    • roses are red,
      sand is coarse,
      they gave up on limiting multiaccount source

Morgoth wrote:

I guess it's because.. it is not just 1 person but a whole team, in theory they should not interact with the community directly because they don't really have to.
      If they introduce themselves, hatred will still be there when something goes wrong again... I'd never show my face too.
    • Morgoth wrote:

I guess it's because.. it is not just 1 person but a whole team
      yeah, of course. that's why i said a representative.

Morgoth wrote:

in theory they should not interact with the community directly because they don't really have to.
      what? maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.. to me personally as a player i feel much better about the game if the people behind are involved directly in the community. and i'm sure most people in general in every game share that. you know.. it's their game, it makes sense for them to be directly with the people that play it.

Morgoth wrote:

Game team reports to Community Manager and Community manager reports to whoever they are supposed to report to and so on.
      seems very inefficient system to begin with. and creates no feedback loop. from our position it doesn't feel like our ideas and feedback is going anywhere.

Morgoth wrote:

i thought about mentioning that but decided not to so it wouldn't seem like im singling out a person. but since you mentioned her..

yeah, lady sky is in forums but we dont really see any interaction from her to the players. all she does is make announcement posts. don't get me wrong.. nothing bad about that but she doesn't fulfill the role im asking for.

Morgoth wrote:

Don't get me wrong I get your point but I am just somewhat explaining how it works right now and why it wouldn't be so convenient to have the whole team that's behind the scenes openly in the forum.
      And if you are not gonna have all of them but 1 person from them that will practically be the same as what we have now.
      i've already said it but i guess i'll repeat it again, i dont want or expect the whole team to be here and talk to players, just a representative to address concerns and give comments about our feedback (even just a thanks) and things like what is being planned.. etc

we have nothing like that currently.
    • Gandalof wrote:

yeah, lady sky is in forums but we dont really see any interaction from her to the players. all she does is make announcement posts. don't get me wrong.. nothing bad about that but she doesn't fulfill the role im asking for.
      Wrong. I once pmed her w/ lots of text and she read it& replied. :D

Gandalof wrote:

We have: Ok tell <<us>> an idea and we will send it to the team. We will not tell you what the team said so you will suffer from waiting
    • Jekyll wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

Wrong. I once pmed her w/ lots of text and she read it& replied. :D
      ok.. i didn't mean to that level. what i mean by "interacting with the community" is what i mentioned in my last paragraph of my previous reply... address concerns and give comments about our feedback..etc

Jekyll wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

We have: Ok tell <<us>> an idea and we will send it to the team. We will not tell you what the team said so you will suffer from waiting
      im not sure i understand your point with this. i know this is probably sarcastic, but are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
    • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

I guess it's because.. it is not just 1 person but a whole team
      yeah, of course. that's why i said a representative.

Morgoth wrote:

in theory they should not interact with the community directly because they don't really have to.
      what? maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.. to me personally as a player i feel much better about the game if the people behind are involved directly in the community. and i'm sure most people in general in every game share that. you know.. it's their game, it makes sense for them to be directly with the people that play it.

Morgoth wrote:

seems very inefficient system to begin with. and creates no feedback loop. from our position it doesn't feel like our ideas and feedback is going anywhere.

Morgoth wrote:

i thought about mentioning that but decided not to so it wouldn't seem like im singling out a person. but since you mentioned her..

Morgoth wrote:

i've already said it but i guess i'll repeat it again, i dont want or expect the whole team to be here and talk to players, just a representative to address concerns and give comments about our feedback (even just a thanks) and things like what is being planned.. etc
      That's what I meant, you kind of have 2 representatives (the game team and the community manager).
      The feedback generally will always be filtered it's bound to happen (depending on how well it is written from the player).
      Game team is supposed and we are interacting with ya all forwarding suggestions/complaints when possible and all that. But we can never know if a suggestion will ever come in the game and probably the people behind the scenes won't know either (you will basically only find out in the patch notes.)
      Keep in mind Entwell is the developer, so whatever is being forwarded to Gameforge, Gameforge will then have to request stuff from Entwell. (No clue if Entwell can deny or alter a request made by Gameforge or not though)

Popular suggestions/feedback (especially the threads Lady Sky opens like "Martial artist class feedback" < example) are always looked on. Also consider that suggestions/feedback comes from all the Nos communities.

For example, a lot of people in all communities suggested a bank system > we got it.
      A lot of communities had requested something like what we call now nosbasar > we got it.
      SP balances (1st attempt) > we got it.
      We asked for feedback few months back about more SP balances > we didn't get it yet
      etc

While yes some stuff feels like they getting ignored (and we don't know if they actually are ignored or they gonna use the said suggestion in 5 years from now) there are also stuff that do happen.
    • Gandalof wrote:

Upcoming bazaar changes? I'm kind of lost, where's the information for this?
    • DarkAngel~ wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

Upcoming bazaar changes? I'm kind of lost, where's the information for this?

The 07/02/2019 Maintenance post:
      - [New feature] NosBazar improvements: Possibility to type a page number so you can jump there directly (in case there are many items), new message in the chat when you have sold an item in NosBazar, possibility to collect all sold/ended auctions with one click, possibility to edit old auctions (as long as they are not already partially sold), and the name field (displayed next to the item) will now be bigger.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Game team is supposed and we are interacting with ya all forwarding suggestions/complaints when possible and all that. But we can never know if a suggestion will ever come in the game and probably the people behind the scenes won't know either (you will basically only find out in the patch notes.)
      yes, you are. and you guys are doing an amazing job. but with this quote and thorough out your whole reply you highlighted why i have a problem with the current system. the feedback goes only one way.

i know suggestions are being seen, i know some of them do get implemented. but there isn't a response back. when no one knows what's happening and what will happen that isn't a good sign to me.

i'll take the sp balance as an example of what you said. we got some before.. and people asked for more. now we are in a situation where we don't know if they're working on it or not. so that can make a lot of players reluctant to share their ideas because they might feel it's just a waste of time. a simple statement like "we are working on it" would both make these players happy and more willing to engage in further conversation and overall involvement in the game (whether by playing more or giving more ideas to improve the game).

higher level of customer satisfaction and engagement leads to more money, i know that's the only thing you care about GF so im throwing this out there just for you (delet dis if someone gonna forward my msg lol although i doubt that will happen)
    • I believe rather than having a direct representative in the forums it would be better if they did something like "Nostale plans 2019" (they did that before) where they talk about what's going to happen in the year (more or less at least).
      Or some "producer's letter" where someone writes where the direction is focused and all that.

It would be a way for them to give you some sort of a feedback back or what they working on generally the upcoming year or whatever period it suppose to cover, I can agree with that anyway.
    • Morgoth wrote:

I believe rather than having a direct representative in the forums it would be better if they did something like "Nostale plans 2019" (they did that before) where they talk about what's going to happen in the year (more or less at least).
      Or some "producer's letter" where someone writes where the direction is focused and all that.

It would be a way for them to give you some sort of a feedback back or what they working on generally the upcoming year or whatever period it suppose to cover, I can agree with that anyway.
      yeah sure, it doesn't have to be the way i proposed it. as long as we get acknowledgment as i said in my initial post.

since you said "producer's letter" that reminded me of how they do it in maplestory2. they have "producer blog" where they regularly respond to the community concerns and ideas and put out their plans for the future.
    • Morgoth wrote:

For example, a lot of people in all communities suggested a bank system > we got it.
      A lot of communities had requested something like what we call now nosbasar > we got it.
      SP balances (1st attempt) > we got it.
      We asked for feedback few months back about more SP balances > we didn't get it yet
      etc
      People asked for a merge for hella times > we keep waiting for idk are we waiting on, we just gameforge, we care about money , yey
      It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

"People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
      Haters gonna hate =)
    • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

I believe rather than having a direct representative in the forums it would be better if they did something like "Nostale plans 2019" (they did that before) where they talk about what's going to happen in the year (more or less at least).

yeah sure, it doesn't have to be the way i proposed it. as long as we get acknowledgment as i said in my initial post.
      since you said "producer's letter" that reminded me of how they do it in maplestory2. they have "producer blog" where they regularly respond to the community concerns and ideas and put out their plans for the future.
      Yeah I have seen that in some games and I think it works really good for both community and the company.

NarutoDreams wrote:

People asked for a merge for hella times > we keep waiting for idk are we waiting on, we just gameforge, we care about money , yey
      Let's not circle back to that, it will come when it comes.
    • Something I've noticed since the addition of the new skillbar(now it could have been before that and i just didn't notice till now but still) is you can no longer use F6-8 for locking on to things.

I find this to be extremely annoying when trying to heal up a party members tanking pet since you can't just click on its icon in the party like your own pets. Or if trying to lock on to a specific enemy amongst overlapping enemies....

The times this is relevant may be few and far between for most people, but i really do wish they'd bring this feature back. It is quite frustrating.
    • hate to take the critical opinion, but I dont think a representative from entwell or gf is necessary. I think the issue resides in the fact that there are a plethora of suggestions which have not been specifically detailed by players for the developers to take in (I also realize there are suggestions which are specific but hard to execute). For example: sp rebalancing - which sps? rebalance in the sense of skill effects or values?

From entwell or even GF's perspective its insane to attempt to sort out every suggestion made on every server for just one game (keep in mind developers have several games). I think if players have a proper productive and polite discussion in game or on forums about pros/cons then we would see more updates.
    • ariyoshi wrote:

I think the issue resides in the fact that there are a plethora of suggestions which have not been specifically detailed by players for the developers to take in (I also realize there are suggestions which are specific but hard to execute). For example: sp rebalancing - which sps? rebalance in the sense of skill effects or values?
      so.. to solve this, someone from the dev team or a representative could ask ask these questions (which sps? rebalance in the sense of skill effects or values?). and issue a statement about things hard to execute, things they are working on.. etc

ariyoshi wrote:

From entwell or even GF's perspective its insane to attempt to sort out every suggestion made on every server for just one game (keep in mind developers have several games).
      this isn't even about suggestions only but overall engagement with the community. and it is in no way "insane".. it's not like there is hundreds of new threads everyday. and your overall point doesn't even make much sense quite honestly, if it's insane to have a community manager to actually interact with the community then it is also insane to have gms in game and board mods.

ariyoshi wrote:

I think if players have a proper productive and polite discussion in game or on forums about pros/cons then we would see more updates.
      you know what would be a great step towards that? well i talked about it this whole thread, wanna take a guess on what it is?