That's how NosTale works

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jekyll wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

What I do mind though while all of you know that I have been quite light with you in manner of warnings and stuff is that you would show me some basic respect since I always show the same to you.
      Yes, tell me about it. Warnings? for calling somebody a rock? Keep in mind that Naerys mentioned the commit not living word.Any more examples?

And what do you mean by "basic" respect?
      You guys are not exactly saints, do you know how many times I could have warned you? (not you specifically, I use it in plural since you are in the dank boys defense lawyer office)
      Last post win threads had several fights. In fact I don't think there isn't any LPW thread from the latest ones that you won't find at least 5 fights in it to say the least.)
      Spamming and going off topic in threads generally.

All the times I have given you "friendly" tips to stop/w.e I could have easily warned you.

As for basic respect, I don't know.... Do you find Gandalof's attitude ok in his last replies in that thread? Maybe you guys talk outside of here and you are more close and discuss stuff so you don't find his attitude disrespectful/problematic.

Of course this same applies for everyone not just the "dank boys" don't get me wrong with that first line.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Do you find Gandalof's attitude ok in his last replies in that thread? Maybe you guys talk outside of here and you are more close and discuss stuff so you don't find his attitude disrespectful/problematic.
      Well he pulled some strings with some of his words, he sounded pissed and I believe he wanted to keep lpw10 as far away as possible from us from the very beginning. Also you're on to something.

Morgoth wrote:

All the times I have given you "friendly" tips to stop/w.e I could have easily warned you.
      Because we were friendly too, whats the point mentioning it now? If you warned us, our attitude would change.

Morgoth wrote:

Last post win threads had several fights. In fact I don't think there isn't any LPW thread from the latest ones that you won't find at least 5 fights in it to say the least.)
      there's just a very limited number of people so we talk to each other more and find some sensitive spots.
    • Jekyll wrote:

Because we were friendly too, whats the point mentioning it now? If you warned us, our attitude would change.
      Your attitude did change with friendly tips anyway. I am saying that because you asked "what warnings" so I replied with I could have given many instead of friendly tips.
      It goes back to me being "chill" with you all.

Jekyll wrote:

Well he pulled some strings with some of his words, he sounded pissed and I believe he wanted to keep lpw10 as far away as possible from us from the very beginning.
      I am not sure how the rules to prevent senseless counting, or emoji spam, or 2 people spam more than 1 page alone would exactly bring the horrific nightmares of LPW10 to you.

Jekyll wrote:

Also you're on to something.
      Huh?
    • So,since its kinda my fault this whole -drama- started,i guess I owe some explanations to give
      @Jekyll at no point during LPW 8 and 9 I knew that Cherish and Raco will be the winners.My assumptions were mere jokes,i simply forgot about Raco until Deep reminded me of him so I thought it would be funny to say he will surely win,hence his relation with Cherish.If there are any shenanigans about choosing the winner,i simply wasn't aware of and im 100% there weren't any.
      As for my latter posts about dank bois,truth is I knew they were kinda -offensive- or idk how to say -asking for trouble ?- but I didn't knew you guys would not take them lightly,for this I apologize to @TheRealDeepStriker and whoever else was targeted in that posts for what I said.I stopped replying when I noticed that you were acttualy pissed about it.
      If you wish to stop posting in lpw,feel free to,but understand that Racordany didn't do anything and it was a simple misunderstanding as most likely Morgoth found it hilarious how I predicted the winner so he joked about it in his ending post.This is what I assume atleast.
      Tl dr im sorry for creating this drama,im going to be off from forum for a few days because I think its better for everyone until the storm is gone.
      Good night and Peace.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Pinkamena wrote:

So,since its kinda my fault this whole -drama- started,i guess I owe some explanations to give
      @Jekyll at no point during LPW 8 and 9 I knew that Cherish and Raco will be the winners.My assumptions were mere jokes,i simply forgot about Raco until Deep reminded me of him so I thought it would be funny to say he will surely win,hence his relation with Cherish.If there are any shenanigans about choosing the winner,i simply wasn't aware of and im 100% there weren't any.
      As for my latter posts about dank bois,truth is I knew they were kinda -offensive- or idk how to say -asking for trouble ?- but I didn't knew you guys would not take them lightly,for this I apologize to @TheRealDeepStriker and whoever else was targeted in that posts for what I said.I stopped replying when I noticed that you were acttualy pissed about it.
      If you wish to stop posting in lpw,feel free to,but understand that Racordany didn't do anything and it was a simple misunderstanding as most likely Morgoth found it hilarious how I predicted the winner so he joked about it in his ending post.This is what I assume atleast.
      Tl dr im sorry for creating this drama,im going to be off from forum for a few days because I think its better for everyone until the storm is gone.
      Good night and Peace.
      My only problem was that it felt (to me) that you overdid the jokes. I usually don't care / mind anything at all but this has made me kinda pissed, I am sorry for reacting the way I did :>

And nobody's got a problem whomever won, you don't need to stress yourself about that. Drama just happens, that's how life is xD
      Anyway let's hope things are gonna be alright
    • Morgoth wrote:

This is not really connected with you pinka xD also I know jekyll was also joking he said it so later on when he noticed I was in serious mode.
      I know its not about me,but I said it for the earlier *(conflict)* since I decided that posting in that thread would only make things worse,so I post this here.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

This is not really connected with you pinka xD also I know jekyll was also joking he said it so later on when he noticed I was in serious mode.
      I know its not about me,but I said it for the earlier *(conflict)* since I decided that posting in that threadwould only make things worse,so I post this here.
      Anyway whistle.png Good night!
    • Pinkamena wrote:

but understand that Racordany didn't do anything
      He did sneak in to steal somebody else's win while contributing not even nearly as much as the others.
      I did not expect it to happen 0.1sec before the thread closed and they were together in it, so it was kind of unfair (who knew when its going to be closed? No one, but they still managed to be the last two, considering that Cherish already won last time...). Of course there's no bribing and all thats just a cry about how unfair the life is or whatever. The point why I mentioned these posts about "they knew they would win from the start" is simply a joke about some conspiracy theory that might be going on.
      Oh, it's nothing

Morgoth wrote:

I am saying that because you asked "what warnings" so I replied with I could have given many instead of friendly tips.
      Well even if there was something on the edge, its really difficult to know when it is going to be considered as something unacceptable (unless its plain obvious)

Morgoth wrote:

I am not sure how the rules to prevent senseless counting, or emoji spam, or 2 people spam more than 1 page alone would exactly bring the horrific nightmares of LPW10 to you.

We wouldn't be doing senseless counting since it's a rule that was brought solely due to Ruff's fault.
      Emoji spam is also useless...well because
      2 people can spam more than 1 page alone cuz we werent playing the game for the win, just some place to chat with a little competition for fun at the end. Same rules would mean its a pure copy of lpw and that it was created because we were salty about the original thread ( something what I meant was 'obvious' - not exactly this but the reason is quite close to it I believe. )

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jekyll ().

• Jekyll wrote:

We wouldn't be doing senseless counting since it's a rule that was brought solely due to Ruff's fault.
      Kinda sure if I search I could find more people doing it, that's not the point though. If you don't plan to do it then you have no issue with the rule being there.
      Past experience with users do it: yes.
      Past experience with users complaining about it and want that user to stop? yes.

Jekyll wrote:

Emoji spam is also useless
      That's basically just the same as the counting, doing it 1 - 2 times etc when it fits is ok but spamming 9 pages with just 1 emoji would be the same as just counting right?

Jekyll wrote:

2 people can spam more than 1 page alone cuz we werent playing the game for the win, just some place to chat with a little competition for fun at the end.
      But you are completely asking me to take a leap of faith and trust, and ok you guys wouldn't but what stops another user from doing it or hijacking your thread? (This line actually applies for all the above)

Jekyll wrote:

Same rules would mean its a pure copy of lpw
      I don't really see that at all, especially since those rules I discussed them with all of you and you guys agreed they seem fair to have.
      It's not those rules that make a thread "LPW" but how it is won. And you changed that part:

Gandalof wrote:

how to win: get the 2000th post. then the thread will close, and the winner opens the new version (like exactly the 2000th, not to be confused with last post)
      Even you admit it could be confused with LPW if it wasn't for that one specific rule on how to win the thread. blobshrug.png

Jekyll wrote:

we were salty about the original thread
      At least you are calling it for what it is xD

Jekyll wrote:

He did sneak in to steal somebody else's win while contributing not even nearly as much as the others.
      I did not expect it to happen 0.1sec before the thread closed and they were together in it, so it was kind of unfair (who knew when its going to be closed? No one, but they still managed to be the last two, considering that Cherish already won last time...). Of course there's no bribing and all thats just a cry about how unfair the life is or whatever. The point why I mentioned these posts about "they knew they would win from the start" is simply a joke about some conspiracy theory that might be going on.
      Ok maybe this is probably my fault because I have said I will be closing it right when it hits 2k posts, and if you notice the posts go crazy at that moment.
      So for the future if LPW10 ever reaches to a close point I will close it at a more random time not necessarily when it reaches exactly 2k posts. (but still after the 2k posts ofc)
    • Jekyll wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Do you find Gandalof's attitude ok in his last replies in that thread? Maybe you guys talk outside of here and you are more close and discuss stuff so you don't find his attitude disrespectful/problematic.
      Well he pulled some strings with some of his words, he sounded pissed and I believe he wanted to keep lpw10 as far away as possible from us from the very beginning. Also you're on to something.
      excuse me, i was never pissed. i have already expressed it but i'll do it again, i made a new
      game thread with what i think a more fair way of winning. i have no anger towards any person, so i would like you to stop your accusations.

Morgoth wrote:

well for one, 2 people being able to do more than one page changes the dynamic of the game (same thing with other rules). keep in mind, as i said before.. it is a separate thread and completely unrelated to lpw. if that rule is necessary there, doesn't mean it is also necessary in this one too.

if along the line people think that it would be better to add such a rule then that could be discussed and implemented. but this was the pilot thread, and it wasn't needed to have stricter rules that are copied from another unrelated thread from the get-go.

Morgoth wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

Same rules would mean its a pure copy of lpw
      I don't really see that at all, especially since those rules I discussed them with all of you and you guys agreed they seem fair to have.It's not those rules that make a thread "LPW" but how it is won. And you changed that part:

Gandalof wrote:

how to win: get the 2000th post. then the thread will close, and the winner opens the new version (like exactly the 2000th, not to be confused with last post)
      Even you admit it could be confused with LPW if it wasn't for that one specific rule on how to win the thread. blobshrug.png
      "admit" as if it was something im being guilty of. yes, it could cause confusion with how lpw works because of the magic number 2000.

see: how darkness-mteal as a recent example (and me too previously btw), on how it was confusing of who wins the thread. he and i both thought it would be the 2000th post who wins.

so what i did was to make sure there is no confusion on how that thread is won by stating it clearly and mentioning that it is not the same way lpw does for extra clarity.

Morgoth wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

we were salty about the original thread
      At least you are calling it for what it is xD
      he only speaks for himself. i have stated many times and i will repeat it again, i am not salty, mad, angry, or any other word you can think of.. about anything or anyone.

Morgoth wrote:

Ok maybe this is probably my fault because I have said I will be closing it right when it hits 2k posts, and if you notice the posts go crazy at that moment.
      So for the future if LPW10 ever reaches to a close point I will close it at a more random time not necessarily when it reaches exactly 2k posts. (but still after the 2k posts ofc)
      and this is why i feel another thread with an objective parameter set is needed. it would be better for everyone involved imo.

--before i say what i want, i will make it clear that i only say or said "rigged" as a joke. it is similar to how for example in twitch giveaways people say "rigged" every time they don't win.--

anyway with that out of that way, i think this way that you're proposing makes it look even more "rigged". i do not mind it personally, but i dont think it would have the intended effect you want.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra
    • It seems that I missed the drama again :rolleyes:

Jekyll wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

but understand that Racordany didn't do anything
      He did sneak in to steal somebody else's win while contributing not even nearly as much as the others.I did not expect it to happen 0.1sec before the thread closed and they were together in it, so it was kind of unfair (who knew when its going to be closed? No one, but they still managed to be the last two, considering that Cherish already won last time...). Of course there's no bribing and all thats just a cry about how unfair the life is or whatever. The point why I mentioned these posts about "they knew they would win from the start" is simply a joke about some conspiracy theory that might be going on.
      This is going to be the only post I make around this because there's no point in continuing the matter further; everyone will believe whatever they want to believe, no matter what I say. (And I'm not a moderator so it's not for me to say too much, other than my own personal view)

I didn't realise that players have to contribute significantly in a forum game, just to be able to take part. What if a completely new forum member was to win? Would that also be unjust because they haven't contributed enough? What of members who enjoy forums and post as regularly as their real-life will allow, but still don't have the time to post as regularly as other members. Should they be unable to win also? I think that we can all agree that we would very much like an active forum (More posters, more friends, more humour, more WeedStriker subscribers, more memes ;) ), but expecting a minimum level of commitment to be considered 'one of the group' and eligible to win, wouldn't be the best way to go about welcoming new members.

Obviously the 'Guess Who...' thread seems to have given the false impression that me and Raco have all the time in the world to spend on the forum. In truth, it isn't a hugely active thread and doesn't involve any discussion - just guesses. So coming back to forum after a few hours away, you don't really need to catch up with previous posts you've missed. It takes 30 seconds to write a name and post it, then leave again. In contrast, the LPW does include discussions and to make the most of it and really get involved in the chat, ideally you need to catch up with what you missed (And when you missed 10+ pages, catching up can take time, even when just skimming the posts).

Correct, bribery and favouritism would be impossible. Multiple posts are made almost simultaneously and 'waiting' for a particular winner just isn't possible. It's pretty much entirely down to luck. The 'rigged' posts were taken as a joke by all of us throughout the whole LPW9 thread. Also, I don't know whether it would be useful if the rules list posted at the beginning of each LPW thread briefly highlighted that the 2000th post isn't necessarily counted as the 'last post', to prevent confusion. That would be for Morgoth to decide. :)
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Regardless of what happens there's an "LPW9 in a nutshell" video coming soon (maybe it will be out in 2 hours tops, gotta get home first though)
      what about the updated grasses video tho? so many people joined grasses gang after your video. of course im not demanding anything, i just feel like the grasses thing is the one thing that unite us all and it would nicer to prioritize it over some drama. regardless, it's up to you. i will always look forward to you work no matter what it is.
      English Gandora the Dragon of Destruction

Chinese 破壞龍 鋼多拉

French Gandora le Dragon de la Destruction

German Gandora der Drache der Zerstörung

Italian Gandora, il Drago della Distruzione

Korean 파괴룡 간드라

Portuguese Gandora o Dragão da Destruição

Spanish Gandora el Dragón de la Destrucción

Japanese (kana) はかいりゅうガンドラ

Japanese (base) 破壊竜ガンドラ

Other names Crush D. Gandra

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gandalof ().

• Gandalof wrote:

TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Regardless of what happens there's an "LPW9 in a nutshell" video coming soon (maybe it will be out in 2 hours tops, gotta get home first though)
      what about the updated grasses video tho? so many people joined grasses gang after your video. of course im not demanding anything, i just feel like the grasses thing is the one thing that unit us all and it would nicer to prioritize it over some drama. regardless, it's up to you. i will always look forward to you work no matter what it is.
      i've actually been working on it but i was rather disappointed with how it came out so i decided I will wait until i can add something to the grasses thing ; Its just that I kinda dont wanna "reupload" a video I already made just using different pictures ; instead what I will do is I will try to search for places I could fit the grasses in for future videos (including this one)
    • Cherish wrote:

I didn't realise that players have to contribute significantly in a forum game, just to be able to take part. What if a completely new forum member was to win? Would that also be unjust because they haven't contributed enough? What of members who enjoy forums and post as regularly as their real-life will allow, but still don't have the time to post as regularly as other members. Should they be unable to win also? I think that we can all agree that we would very much like an active forum (More posters, more friends, more humour, more WeedStriker subscribers, more memes ;) ), but expecting a minimum level of commitment to be considered 'one of the group' and eligible to win, wouldn't be the best way to go about welcoming new members.

Obviously the 'Guess Who...' thread seems to have given the false impression that me and Raco have all the time in the world to spend on the forum. In truth, it isn't a hugely active thread and doesn't involve any discussion - just guesses. So coming back to forum after a few hours away, you don't really need to catch up with previous posts you've missed. It takes 30 seconds to write a name and post it, then leave again. In contrast, the LPW does include discussions and to make the most of it and really get involved in the chat, ideally you need to catch up with what you missed (And when you missed 10+ pages, catching up can take time, even when just skimming the posts).

Correct, bribery and favouritism would be impossible. Multiple posts are made almost simultaneously and 'waiting' for a particular winner just isn't possible. It's pretty much entirely down to luck. The 'rigged' posts were taken as a joke by all of us throughout the whole LPW9 thread. Also, I don't know whether it would be useful if the rules list posted at the beginning of each LPW thread briefly highlighted that the 2000th post isn't necessarily counted as the 'last post', to prevent confusion. That would be for Morgoth to decide. :)
      Whoa, did you just tried to blame new members? I thought DeepStrikerMemer won and had best lpwever, what the hell was that Cherish? that's low even for you
      Also cute "real-life" card, kinda old if you ask me. But sure you're soo busy with your real-life and guess raco thread.

Only real problem is how you're playing lpw. Both of you're complaining about our memespam or "omg i missed blablabla today" that's your activity in that thread. Raco had even worst performance. Main problem is both of you posted max 3-4 pages of material ( at best ) and in the end just both just decided to wait 20~40min in hiding while we were posting and boosting thread to 2000. Waits 20-40mins while waiting us to boost thread, uses real-life card. Irony.

You can read 10 pages in few minutes. Average reading speed is 200-250 words/minute. And most of them are short memes/insults or quotes. Wow goodluck with your 10 pages i guess also don't forget to post raco in other thread while you're doing it.

Also bribery and favouritism is possible. It's easy to coordinate post and lock at same time, while being on call ;)
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • Cherish wrote:

Obviously the 'Guess Who...' thread seems to have given the false impression that me and Raco have all the time in the world to spend on the forum. In truth, it isn't a hugely active thread and doesn't involve any discussion - just guesses. So coming back to forum after a few hours away, you don't really need to catch up with previous posts you've missed. It takes 30 seconds to write a name and post it, then leave again
      No but if you are the only two active in that thread it makes little sense.

Cherish wrote:

What if a completely new forum member was to win? Would that also be unjust because they haven't contributed enough?
      It depends on their activity, throughout the whole lpw 9 Raco didnt post as much as the others and new members can compete with him with their little contribution... only that they've joined far more later and Raco had an opportunity to post something all along. Also if they are active at the end (like 300-400 posts before but not just at the last 100 posts) it looks promising for future lpw.

Raco didnt post as much in lpw9, guess what fate has been planned for lpw10 when he's a host (not serious)

original

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jekyll ().