That's how NosTale works

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pinkamena wrote:

TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Did we still get the PvP event even tho 60% said no? Yes.
      Yup,i was quite sad at that too,like why even make a poll and ask people to vote if you aren't gonna apply the result of the poll ?No means No,not maybe or yes but with 100 conditions.
      Sorry Frostwolf <3 you are still one of the best GM's ! :D

I know it sounds like it -- but I don't wanna win anyone's liking or so. I just wanna contain myself.
      Remember that thread with the "Questions for PvP-Event" or the one with "Is there any plan on shutting down private servers" ? I kinda went all out there, and trust me, part of me still wants to, but I mean let's be honest, is it gonna achieve anything?
      Did the V private server get shut down despite our CM saying "we've been taking actions against them"? No.

So I'm just saying, what's the point of giving feedback if nobody is gonna listen to it regardless? I only play NosTale for the memes nowadays, and for filming Hell's Heart but that's about it.
      The only thing related to NosTale that could excite me or disappoint me now would be an SP balance patch.
      This game is just not worth it anymore.
      To be fair, forum users would only make up a fraction of NosTale players. Just because a forum poll showed a somewhat mixed or limited interest for an event suggestion etc., it still wouldn't necessarily mean the idea will be disliked by all.

Personally, I don't mind the new launcher, though I wasn't really a user of many alts anyway so that might be why. :)
    • Gandalof wrote:

(sorry morgy-kun but i'll be taking sempai from you)
      That's fine :whistling:

Cherish wrote:

Just because a forum poll showed a somewhat mixed or limited interest for an event suggestion etc., it still wouldn't necessarily mean the idea will be disliked by all.
      Yes and no, I had also tried to do a pvp event back in the day it also did not attract a lot of positive votes.
      Also we make/made admin announcements in game for people to come and vote, if they cant bother to do that it kinda automatically is a "no" or for them it is not interesting enough to bother so mhm.

Edit: Also even though the votes were not so good, we still went ahead and told people to participate and give us teams... guess how that went...
    • thechampian1 wrote:

I have a level 65 mage which I don't play with.
      Swear the other day you were levelling it up in LoD alt-f
      .... I thought we were friends.
      NA but seriously, when do you see me go play hardcore with that character? alt-s
      With ThreeDGrace (muh archer) I admit I played 6 hours / day back in like 2012-2016 but with YourSister~ (my mage's name) I barely log on for 1 hour a day.. well, that 1 time I lod'ed with her I think I did 2? Still tho.

Also YourSister~ is the best alt name ever. I remember when I married it, the announcer went like "DeepStriker and YourSister~ are now married." Many people had a laugh from that. Sigh. I miss being funny.
    • I started writting way earlier, just forgot and went to watch castle. Sorry.

Well because nostale it's not league of legends type game, not pvpfocused. I mean type, i am a bit out of mmo terms but you will get idea. In league it's mostly skill that makes you good, ofcourse there's lag/luck and other aspects. but game is mostly fair in 1 vs 1 or general. While nostale is more grind your gear and level type of game. Like i said different type. In league killing players in kinda goal, while in nostale it's kinda secondary thing. So most of people are not really interested in it. Also there's other factors like knowning that "whales" are more powerfull. I mean i know you could grind your way to 15+sp's, but buying "best" eq is in favour of "whales". So a lot of people won't participate in tournaments because of lacks experience, level and rewards, gears. Short about all of them, first if you got bad eq or you're lowlv'ed (not high clv), you won't pvp much as highly leveled people with best eqs,so kinda experience behind. Well level wise it's not much on stats, level up gives lil, but not much. Only important part is unlocking weapon/armour. Gear, not sure if i should even start. And reward, deciding if it's worth to participate, i mean some rewards not even worth, like 99% of pets,partners,sps.

Okay now real talk, i am pretty sure that we're talking about last pvp 3vs3 event. Sorry but i might have something to say. To me personally it was really strange, but had good/bad sides. Gear wise it was almost fair, since we were allowed to use our res/fairies. (gear wise that's only thing i disliked, but liked idea of making it more equal). Then we had level caps, atleast in US. I mean idea is that it would probably be more equal. (but since we already had res/fairies thingies, which makes it really unfair to new/f2p or bad players, who can't get S5-6 res. i mean real ones like Valakus/Kertos (some of them 91, i know, i don't remember which). So most of people who's interested in pvp, should make new accounts to 90 just to particapate. Also it was 3vs3 type of pvp. So you need to have atleast 2 friends who won't join any other team and will be willing to create new characters. And last part is why i wasn't event interested in event - reward. I did not like idea of hiding reward. I mean there aren't much things i woulda wanted only some perfections stones and cuby pet. So like most of people i probably wasn't really interested in risking it for some Vampie/Pii pet or onyx.
      So it's kinda hard and not that interesting/motivating. Plus like ~90% of nosplayers not even knows about forum.

I am not saying that it was events or gms fault. Just this server has very very low number of players, who plays and who would be interested in creating 90lv alt just for pvp event. I am sure if it was 1vs1 or 3vs3 (but instead of creating, gms would provide 6 accounts and give id/pass just before fight ( and changin pass after, yeah i know
      waaaay more work for gms) more people would participated.
      And about reward
      Last cuby event had a lot of participants, new guys had no chance, let's be honest. Event was forumtype, but it had way way more participants. Because of main - cuby prize.
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • Lets hope that someone posts before my post or Morgoth will have to re-edit to my last one.
      To double post or to edit?
      I really wanted to edit,but it was already long and i was tired. (that's what she said) (god bless me)
      Display Spoiler
      I fee like Chandler
      laughing from my own jokes

I know it sounds like it -- but I don't wanna win anyone's liking or so. I just wanna contain myself.
      Remember that thread with the "Questions for PvP-Event" or the one with "Is there any plan on shutting down private servers" ? I kinda went all out there, and trust me, part of me still wants to, but I mean let's be honest, is it gonna achieve anything?
      Did the V private server get shut down despite our CM saying "we've been taking actions against them"? No.

So I'm just saying, what's the point of giving feedback if nobody is gonna listen to it regardless? I only play NosTale for the memes nowadays, and for filming Hell's Heart but that's about it.
      The only thing related to NosTale that could excite me or disappoint me now would be an SP balance patch.
      Dammit i am always late, what's with me.
      Sorry but i don't undestand hate with pvp event. I know how it turned to be, but i am pretty sure that our lord and saviours just wanted to something different and host some interesting event. Most of theyrs (HOW THE F YOU EVEN SPELL THIS WORD, GOD!@) their? job are tickets and that's boring. I am sure that they wanted to some event for nosplayers. And you know how many types of event you could think in nostale. (hide and seek/Q-A/ and like few others) supa supa limited with nostale engine.

About most famous privatta server, ( see what i did??..no? CMON) well i am pretty sure they're doing/tried everything they can. That's either something or nothing. Imagine me starting KekStriker youtube (soon(tm)) and getting more viewers subscribers (your currency) while copying you or using your content. You would try to stop me as soon as possible. I mean i don't like privaterino serverino aswell, but you shouldnt hate gameforge that someone started private server and doing better job than gam...oh wait, mhh forget it.
      (oopsie)

Feedback wise, i don't really know what to say. There were always been communication problems.
    • Kacchan wrote:

About most famous privatta server, ( see what i did??..no? CMON) well i am pretty sure they're doing/tried everything they can. That's either something or nothing. Imagine me starting KekStriker youtube (soon(tm)) and getting more viewers subscribers (your currency) while copying you or using your content. You would try to stop me as soon as possible.
      I know they try.. Eh, I might just be delusional -- I'm having flashbacks of when Blizzard shut down NosTalrius and I keep thinking that most other gaming companies can do the same with private servers, guess not.

PS: can we force Kacchan to make a youtube channel now
    • Small confession, i only played wow for ten minutes. My uncle installed it after he fixed my pc. When i was 10-12, before i knew how to download good stuff from internet, he was my game guy. So i played like 10 minutes and had some outside activity and stuff. So when i got to school i told others about my wow and they wanted me to join them in other server, but to do that i needed different version of wow. So i deleted mine, they came (mhhhhhhh) and installed theirs version but it was either damaged or my pc did something wrong. And game did not start, so that's all my wow experience.
    • Kacchan wrote:

About most famous privatta server, ( see what i did??..no? CMON) well i am pretty sure they're doing/tried everything they can. That's either something or nothing.
      i have no clue about what you did.. but if i had to put my money on either options, it's nothing.

Kacchan wrote:

Imagine me starting KekStriker youtube (soon(tm)) and getting more viewers subscribers (your currency) while copying you or using your content. You would try to stop me as soon as possible. I mean i don't like privaterino serverino aswell, but you shouldnt hate gameforge that someone started private server and doing better job than gam...oh wait, mhh forget it.
      well if you just re-upload his content, he can just issue copyright strikes and ur channel is gone. if you make your own content that is inspired by his style then you're fine. im not even sure what's your point here.
    • Gandalof wrote:

Kacchan wrote:

Imagine me starting KekStriker youtube (soon(tm)) and getting more viewers subscribers (your currency) while copying you or using your content. You would try to stop me as soon as possible. I mean i don't like privaterino serverino aswell, but you shouldnt hate gameforge that someone started private server and doing better job than gam...oh wait, mhh forget it.
      well if you just re-upload his content, he can just issue copyright strikes and ur channel is gone. if you make your own content that is inspired by his style then you're fine. im not even sure what's your point here.
      i mean not like whole video, maybe some parts, afaik you can use few seconds of video.
      but at some point still counts as he will try to shut down me and my dead channel asap.
    • Kacchan wrote:

i mean not like whole video, maybe some parts, afaik you can use few seconds of video.
      but at some point still counts as he will try to shut down me and my dead channel asap.
      it really all depends, you can even use the whole video if it's transformative and falls under fair use. that's how reaction channels exist. and sometimes even if it's few secs, let's say.. audio clip from a song, it could get claimed.

and i still have no idea what your point is, and this comparison doesn't really work but forget about all that. i'm expecting the channel soon k? (dw ill protecc u from deep false copyright claims)
    • Ohh boi,i missed alot,whenever im online everybody sleeps and viceversa.
      Regardless let's see !

Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Also not sure if we should continue this discussion here, people might not like it or something xD
      Please go on. I enjoy reading this.edit: nice quote steal gandalof
      i didn't steal anything, we just think very similarly and we are basically soul mates ;) (sorry morgy-kun but i'll be taking sempai from you)

Gandalof wrote:

Also YourSister~ is the best alt name ever. I remember when I married it, the announcer went like "DeepStriker and YourSister~ are now married." Many people had a laugh from that.
      LOL

Sigh. I miss being funny.
      you are still funny sempai~

Cherish wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

Yup,i was quite sad at that too,like why even make a poll and ask people to vote if you aren't gonna apply the result of the poll ?No means No,not maybe or yes but with 100 conditions.Sorry Frostwolf <3 you are still one of the best GM's ! :D

To be fair, forum users would only make up a fraction of NosTale players. Just because a forum poll showed a somewhat mixed or limited interest for an event suggestion etc., it still wouldn't necessarily mean the idea will be disliked by all.
      Personally, I don't mind the new launcher, though I wasn't really a user of many alts anyway so that might be why. :)
      See what Morgoth said. ^^

Morgoth wrote:

Yes and no, I had also tried to do a pvp event back in the day it also did not attract a lot of positive votes.Also we make/made admin announcements in game for people to come and vote, if they cant bother to do that it kinda automatically is a "no" or for them it is not interesting enough to bother so mhm.

Edit: Also even though the votes were not so good, we still went ahead and told people to participate and give us teams... guess how that went...

Cherish wrote:

Personally, I don't mind the new launcher, though I wasn't really a user of many alts anyway so that might be why.
      To be fair -- I don't use alts at all. I have a level 65 mage which I don't play with. I also have a lvl 75 archer on the same account as my main. I just have my own reason for disliking it :>
      Can you imagine that there are people out there that have an army of alts ? what would some wouldn't do for money............

Kacchan wrote:

I started writting way earlier, just forgot and went to watch castle. Sorry.

Well because nostale it's not league of legends type game, not pvpfocused. I mean type, i am a bit out of mmo terms but you will get idea. In league it's mostly skill that makes you good, ofcourse there's lag/luck and other aspects. but game is mostly fair in 1 vs 1 or general. While nostale is more grind your gear and level type of game.
      And about reward
      Last cuby event had a lot of participants, new guys had no chance, let's be honest. Event was forumtype, but it had way way more participants. Because of main - cuby prize.
      Thats an underestimation,Nostale is all about gear and lv,every small detail that have no ties with actual skills like acesorys/partners sp's pets buffs yada yada counts.
      Nostale dosen't require any skill whatsoever,any sp have maximum like 2-3 skillshots that are very easy to hit and sometimes even pointless in combos.

Rest in Peace, Windows XP, Vista, 7 users.

Kacchan wrote:

cuby prize.
      Cuby was a mistake. It should have never been something to consider in the first place.
      It's supposed to one of a kind pet,it just so happens to give an exotic pet that are mostly just for display such op debuff anyway.

Kacchan wrote:

Small confession, i only played wow for ten minutes. My uncle installed it after he fixed my pc. When i was 10-12, before i knew how to download good stuff from internet, he was my game guy. So i played like 10 minutes and had some outside activity and stuff. So when i got to school i told others about my wow and they wanted me to join them in other server, but to do that i needed different version of wow. So i deleted mine, they came (mhhhhhhh) and installed theirs version but it was either damaged or my pc did something wrong. And game did not start, so that's all my wow experience.
      Sad.If you rethink on starting again,please don't play retail,it sucks.
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
      ~Running through my head~