That's how NosTale works

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• speaking of how nostale works, they can preemptively notice an issue about something useless and prevent that. but cant see how certain raid was fundamentally broken and just let it go through no problem.

also current forum climate sucks, and i know it will never be great again but hey, gotta adapt cus it's survival of the fittest, that's how rules of nature works.
    • Baal wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

Baal wrote:

@jody70

Hello bud \o/.. my instinct tells me that your the Night King.
      who's the night king? is it he who shall not be named?
      yis xD tho i might be wrong.
      it's not. from what i can tell that person is either an advertising bot. or someone who is lost. or maybe something else idk tbh. according to google translate the sig is in persian, and apparently it's about billboard company in tehran or something like that.

the weird thing that makes the 2 possibilities i mentioned shaky is that the account is 2 years old and only made 2 comments just now, and this isn't really a place i'd expect to be packed with persians so i highly doubt it's for advertising (or maybe it is but somehow ended in the wrong place?)

as for being an actual person who is just lost, i mean.. it looks more likely than the previous one but still.. why would they make an account 2 years ago and never post a thing? and how can a person confuse whatever that "nikantnt" (sounds like niko tnt, an exploding kittens japanese rip off) with "nostale"? i mean they seem literate enough to make and account, change avatar and sig, comment.. soo idk

also.. might be interesting: i tried putting "nostale" as a bunch of different languages including english and "translate" it to persian, and it often turns into an actual word in persian (sometimes it just stays "nostale").. and by translating it back.. some of the results were "nestle", story", "northeast", "nonesense", "miss you".

regardless of all that, it is not chaos because it was made way before chaos became a member (a year and half before). also it's in persian. also the fact that they didn't immediately say "i am chaos" in some shape or form.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Looked like a bot tbh so I killed it cathmm.png
      jesus chirst, you really have no mercy do you?

i mean i said it is a possibility but it is unlikely the case considering the circumstances as i explained.

so what evidence do you have to support your claim? and based on what violation did you ban them? (at worst it should've been a warning for off-topic, not a straight up perma ban for 2 harmless comments in 2 years).
    • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

jesus chirst, you really have no mercy do you?
      i mean i said it is a possibility but it is unlikely the case considering the circumstances as i explained.

so what evidence do you have to support your claim? and based on what violation did you ban them? (at worst it should've been a warning for off-topic, not a straight up perma ban for 2 harmless comments in 2 years).
      Well his signature + whole profile is full of ads so it must have been a bot that was not killed 2 years ago and somehow came back or "bot" in a sense that is just a person who wish to advertise some company's stuff
    • Morgoth wrote:

Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

jesus chirst, you really have no mercy do you?i mean i said it is a possibility but it is unlikely the case considering the circumstances as i explained.

Well his signature + whole profile is full of ads so it must have been a bot that was not killed 2 years ago and somehow came back or "bot" in a sense that is just a person who wish to advertise some company's stuff
      or.. just a lost person, they didn't even advertise directly with their comment. again, i obviously can't be sure myself, but that does sound much more likely.

my main concern here is that if it's a legit person and when they log in and see that they are suddenly banned, they might think they got fired or that something happened and might be confused and worried.

but assumptions aside, the fact is.. the violations certainly dont deserve a ban. it is at most warning for not using english in sig and going offtopic. and let's be real here, if it was anyone else that did those you wouldn't straight up ban them would you? you shouldn't rush decisions based on your own assumptions. investigate to verify the facts, then act accordingly.
    • Advertising links of anything is actually not allowed, this was hardly a lost person. He made posts to advertise the links in his signature and profile.
      Even his recent activity is a spam of "Hi, I am too long to join here, but I just started working and I'm so happy to be here." which makes no sense at all.

+ Most likely 2 years ago it made posts again but were delete (but was not banned for whatever reason.)

Anyhow if it's a legit person can of course send a ticket to sort it out.

Gandalof wrote:

but assumptions aside, the fact is.. the violations certainly dont deserve a ban. it is at most warning for not using english in sig and going offtopic. and let's be real here, if it was anyone else that did those you wouldn't straight up ban them would you? you shouldn't rush decisions based on your own assumptions. investigate to verify the facts, then act accordingly.
      That's your assumption, either way I don't have to explain anything to you at all. The investigation showed it was an advertising bot so yeah.

Let's say if now you decide to advertise some illegal stuff / or whatever, I obviously know you are not a bot so I would just give you an official warning instead of a bot-ban. But that was not the case here anyway.

Either way Mod applications are open, if you think you can do a better job then apply for it whistle.png
      If you think someone is not doing their job properly, complain to kitcalie, but I am kind of tired of having these conversations every time we do something.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Advertising links of anything is actually not allowed
      except when it's for weed striker amiright? sub to weed striker btw

Morgoth wrote:

Even his recent activity is a spam of "Hi, I am too long to join here, but I just started working and I'm so happy to be here." which makes no sense at all.
      2 posts is hardly a spam. and the fact that it doesn't make sense is the reason why i believe it's a lost person.

Morgoth wrote:

+ Most likely 2 years ago it made posts again but were delete (but was not banned for whatever reason.)
      keyword: most likely

Morgoth wrote:

That's your assumption, either way I don't have to explain anything to you at all. The investigation showed it was an advertising bot so yeah.
      sure, ill take your word for it.

Morgoth wrote:

Either way Mod applications are open, if you think you can do a better job then apply for it
      never said or claimed anything related to that.

and even i did, the "let's see you do it then" argument, isn't really a good one. you know.. the classic "it doesn't take a chief to know the food tastes bad"

Morgoth wrote:

If you think someone is not doing their job properly, complain to kitcalie, but I am kind of tired of having these conversations every time we do something.
      of course, the classic go to kitcalie. if i saw a need to talk to her i would, i wouldn't need you to tell me that. also, if you're tired of it you can simply ignore it. as i said many times before, i will always speak out my mind. i could be wrong sometimes, i just say it how i see it. you can refute it if you want, or ignore it if it's tiring.

ban incoming in 3..2..1
    • Gandalof wrote:

never said or claimed anything related to that.
      and even i did, the "let's see you do it then" argument, isn't really a good one. you know.. the classic "it doesn't take a chief to know the food tastes bad"
      Depends, for official restaurants and to take awards etc they have people specific for that job (Not sure if they also consider the opinion of "normal" people) food critics, chefs etc.
      But food is so different to this that I don't think it can apply here, I can like spaghetti and rate it 10 while you can hate it and rate it 0.

Gandalof wrote:

of course, the classic go to kitcalie. if i saw a need to talk to her i would, i wouldn't need you to tell me that. also, if you're tired of it you can simply ignore it. as i said many times before, i will always speak out my mind. i could be wrong sometimes, i just say it how i see it. you can refute it if you want, or ignore it if it's tiring.
      Well sure, just sometimes it seems like you wanna argue over nothing (or nothing important anyway) and it feels weird at times. As it feels you simply lowkey wanna provoke situations or try hard to annoy some people.

But whatever I guess whistle.png
    • Morgoth wrote:

Depends, for official restaurants and to take awards etc they have people specific for that job (Not sure if they also consider the opinion of "normal" people) food critics, chefs etc.
      But food is so different to this that I don't think it can apply here, I can like spaghetti and rate it 10 while you can hate it and rate it 0.
      you seem to be missing the point.

i don't need to be a musician to criticize a song
      i don't need to be a game developer to criticize a game
      i don't need to be a filmmaker to criticize a movie

same thing with food and anything else. what you're saying is completely different from what i was trying to say. i was just pointing out the fallacy with the argument you made.
    • Gandalof wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

you seem to be missing the point.

same thing with food and anything else. what you're saying is completely different from what i was trying to say. i was just pointing out the fallacy with the argument you made.
      Mmmm-mmmm
    • Gandalof wrote:

Then your criticism wont be "professional" and not really objective. Subjective criticism is kinda lame when we are talking about products developed by professionals.
    • Jekyll wrote:

Then your criticism wont be "professional"
      didn't say it is, and it doesn't have to be.

Jekyll wrote:

and not really objective
      so only "professionals" can be objective now? that's news to me.

Jekyll wrote:

Subjective criticism is kinda lame when we are talking about products developed by professionals.
      mfw "lame" lmao

so what you're saying is.. unless you're a "professional" you cannot criticize anything?