How to exp in Nostale?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to exp in Nostale?

Hii Players,

I've got a few questions. x3 I've played Nostale since to 2008 to 2013, then came back last year but also wasn't so active. Now I often login, and find the game fun again. Remembering old levelling and raid system, I've tried to search for a LoD & FC family in speaker so many times, and asked some fams. For the speakers nobody answers, and when I act directly everbody tells me they rarely do LoD.

It can be either that nobody wants me (which is sad ;( ) or there are better places to gain exp than LoD. Also maybe FC is dead, sometime I go lure and mine flowers, but nobody else is there. So the question is: what are the things that families do nowadays? What do you do to level up?
      Has the rejection do smth with my level? I'm level 75, but even last year it didn't make a problem for a 7x levelled person to get in a family at least for reborns LoD.

Thank you for your answers. =) <3
    • Sadly the leveling meta hasn't changed at all. It's still the same old thing we do, aka get in LoD and just spam the living hell out of it.
      Also, I am sorry to say this but FC isn't dead. The entire server / game is xD. No but in all honesty, we are currently facing population issues and there's just not many players. Are you on UK or US btw?
      And as for what families do.. well uhm:
      • Get pretty costumes and pretend to be afk while waiting for people to compliment your looks (doesn't happen often .-.)
      • Afk in FC so that the % bar goes up and then do a raid
      • Afk in arena waiting for someone to come in so you can get an easy kill
      • Afk with NosTale open but playing another game
      • Sometimes training alts, but rarely. However if you can manage to find one of these fams, you will be fine.
      Anyway, luckily they have implemented a new buff not too long ago for people below level 80 that increases your exp gain by 100%. You receive it by talking to one of those Guards that look like the Queen's Guards. (I tried poking them but they didn't get angry :( )
      Anyway, good luck levelin'.
    • Yes, people still use Act 5.2 as a way of leveling alts / other people but now they only do it until level 88, because after that it's better to just do Act 6.1 mobbing due to the fact that you get more out of it than just leveling up to 93.
      From 88+1 you need at most 150 hours (assuming your leveling speed is hella slow) to reach Champ level 28
      From 88 you need about 80-100 hours if you want to get to 93.
      Sure, you gotta put in more effort for champ leveling but in the long run it's a better thing to do.
      Anyway I kinda derailed a bit, but point is:
      LoD from 55 until 88 or 90, up to you. After that Act6 or 5.2 mobbing, depending on what you want.
    • ShakuChan wrote:

Hii Players,

I've got a few questions. x3 I've played Nostale since to 2008 to 2013, then came back last year but also wasn't so active. Now I often login, and find the game fun again. Remembering old levelling and raid system, I've tried to search for a LoD & FC family in speaker so many times, and asked some fams. For the speakers nobody answers, and when I act directly everbody tells me they rarely do LoD.

It can be either that nobody wants me (which is sad ;( ) or there are better places to gain exp than LoD. Also maybe FC is dead, sometime I go lure and mine flowers, but nobody else is there. So the question is: what are the things that families do nowadays? What do you do to level up?
      Has the rejection do smth with my level? I'm level 75, but even last year it didn't make a problem for a 7x levelled person to get in a family at least for reborns LoD.

Thank you for your answers. =) <3
      Welcome back!

Keep trying and don't take it as rejection! LoD and Act 5.2 is still the best place to level (until Champion Level) but most will have already levelled themselves and will now only go to level their alts, which can make it difficult for new/returning players to find a family that still does LoD.

I'm not sure which server you use, but it would be easier to find an LoD and FC family in the US server, than it would be in UK. I can't imagine your current level being an issue - usually as long as you can use a Light element SP, there isn't a problem.

If you haven't already completed it, the Valhalla quests (particularly the raid quests) can also give reasonable experience. It's not a replacement for LoD or 5.2, but can be a way to level whilst you search for a family.

Good luck and I hope you find a nice family soon! :)
    • Oh. :)
      Thanks for your answer. I'm happy to get so many of them, which gives me the hope that the game & forum isn't dead at all.
      My first character was on UK server, but as I got to know US one opened, I went to US. (Btw, I know this is boring, but again: which server got merged with which one? :D )

There was a time when I found Nos boring, that's why I quit, but now I find it fun again. Maybe it's because it gives me a nostalgic feeling, hehe. Now it looks like btw I can find a family, and as I get 85-90, finally I can go to Act5.2. :) Like in the old times.

Tyvm all! :love:
    • ShakuChan wrote:

Oh. :)
      Thanks for your answer. I'm happy to get so many of them, which gives me the hope that the game & forum isn't dead at all.
      My first character was on UK server, but as I got to know US one opened, I went to US. (Btw, I know this is boring, but again: which server got merged with which one? :D )

There was a time when I found Nos boring, that's why I quit, but now I find it fun again. Maybe it's because it gives me a nostalgic feeling, hehe. Now it looks like btw I can find a family, and as I get 85-90, finally I can go to Act5.2. :) Like in the old times.

Neither UK or US were involved in the recent merges. The merges included servers of DE, FR, ES, IT and PL.

Display Spoiler

As it doesn't apply to us, it isn't very important here, but incase you wanted a more specific merge list:
      OriginalNew
      DE1 + DE3DE1
      DE2 + DE4 + DE5DE2
      FR1 + FR3FR1
      FR2 + FR4 + FR5FR2
      IT1 + IT2 + IT3 + IT4IT1
      ES1 + ES2 + ES4ES1
      PL1 + PL2 + PL3 + PL4PL1

These were the merges as listed on the merged communities forums.

It's good to hear that you're returning - it's always good to welcome back old players! :)
    • ShakuChan wrote:

Oh. :)

Question solved? :)

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Ty Coco <3
    • 1-55: you can get leeched at 5.2 or main quest yourself. it should take you about 4.5 hours (remember there's the martial artist buff which = 100% exp from 1-80)
      55-88: LoD (I'm not sure how much % you get from leeching in a solo win ic but i heard its around 13% at lvl 80)
      88-99: 5.2, 6.1, quests, etc. TBH there's no real reason to hit lvl 99just focus clvl instead

As a sidenote: 6.1/midgard quests or whatever they are called are relatively easy to do. HOWEVER, there are certain quests along the overall quest line which are near impossible to do depending on your server. For example, midgard has a complete 3 of each of the following raids: fafnir, spider and slade (fafnir being the hardest since nobody spams/has costume).

In regards to clvling: 1-28 should be around 100 hours (120 is a bit too unrealistic in my opinion) Keep in mind that there also a plethora of ways to increase your exp gain with tarot, partner, shells, etc.
    • ariyoshi wrote:

1-55: you can get leeched at 5.2 or main quest yourself. it should take you about 4.5 hours (remember there's the martial artist buff which = 100% exp from 1-80)
      55-88: LoD (I'm not sure how much % you get from leeching in a solo win ic but i heard its around 13% at lvl 80)
      88-99: 5.2, 6.1, quests, etc. TBH there's no real reason to hit lvl 99just focus clvl instead

As a sidenote: 6.1/midgard quests or whatever they are called are relatively easy to do. HOWEVER, there are certain quests along the overall quest line which are near impossible to do depending on your server. For example, midgard has a complete 3 of each of the following raids: fafnir, spider and slade (fafnir being the hardest since nobody spams/has costume).

In regards to clvling: 1-28 should be around 100 hours (120 is a bit too unrealistic in my opinion) Keep in mind that there also a plethora of ways to increase your exp gain with tarot, partner, shells, etc.
      What ariyoshi said is true i just want to make an addition to what he said
      55-88 lod

Now if you are a mage after lvl 88 you can simply go and lvl solo in 6.1 so you get combat lvl and clvl in the same time but you will need:
      -the yert wand (lvl 85) r4-6+7-8
      -am lvl 99 + 9-10 is enough if you have posibility for more is better (just to make sure you can have aprox 80 points in ele)
      - i would say a rumial with 80% is pretty essential, will make ur life easier but a 50% fairy will do the job too
      - foxy/fiona A-S Buff , every mage should have this psp
      - pet fibi is the best since give you 10% att dmg but others like fluffy, inferno etc works too

And from clvl 1-28 now it takes kinda 50-60h since there is alot of bonus exp you can get from venus/dracula set/tarot/exp pots/shell

Now if you are not a mage
      88-90 is lod, you have no chance to lvl in 6.1
      For arch:
      -90-92 5.2
      -After 92 in 6.1 or 6.2
      For sword:
      In case you have a fake sword you can start lvling in 6.1 using rene else you might have to get lvl 92 and a good sword.