Gameforge and UK players[Merge story]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gameforge and UK players[Merge story]

Ok first of all , we did request an Steam release of Nostale , so old server do get a better base of players , but all we got was just a new server for each community that killed older servers more and more , then we get an #2K18MergeProject we wait , everything goes well , then we have an first wave of merges to ITA,DE,FR,etc... Now i must need to make a new topic about this MERGE plans about UK , lets say incase we going merge with US or not but they kinda need the merge tho , also when im logging in to US server they all be like "When merge with UK , i wanna UK shells , i wanna more players " So what are we waiting for ? for US to die to , and then we get merge and Gameforge be like "See we did merge , now what do u wanna?" yes u did but after the US server will die too it will be useless , so better be quick cuz it looks worst and worst daily , if u keep make us wait it will looks worst for ur daily earning tho , and now lets just not damn wait to much for an merge that might take around 3-5 hours max(for 3-5 servers it took about 8 hours or so, so aprox for UK merge with idk maybe US wont take more than what 3-5 hours?, after.. damn 1-2 years allmost we good with wait another 8 hours , so ye) So we better have some talk with Gameforge or them to damn use thier army fast cuz we are kinda done with waiting so bad , our hopes ... Sorry for my english , i know a few people will do laugh about it , but if u dont got anything else to laugh at.. w/e Let's get into subject and not say same sht like allways , also dont close damn topic cuz u dont wanna hear us talking about what y'all get mad of =) Closeing an subiject that isnt done yet is kinda :thumbdown: Have a nice day.
    It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

"People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
    Haters gonna hate =)
  • NarutoDreams wrote:

Ok first of all , we did request an Steam release of Nostale , so old server do get a better base of players , but all we got was just a new server for each community that killed older servers more and more , then we get an #2K18MergeProject we wait , everything goes well , then we have an first wave of merges to ITA,DE,FR,etc... Now i must need to make a new topic about this MERGE plans about UK , lets say incase we going merge with US or not but they kinda need the merge tho , also when im logging in to US server they all be like "When merge with UK , i wanna UK shells , i wanna more players " So what are we waiting for ? for US to die to , and then we get merge and Gameforge be like "See we did merge , now what do u wanna?" yes u did but after the US server will die too it will be useless , so better be quick cuz it looks worst and worst daily , if u keep make us wait it will looks worst for ur daily earning tho , and now lets just not damn wait to much for an merge that might take around 3-5 hours max(for 3-5 servers it took about 8 hours or so, so aprox for UK merge with idk maybe US wont take more than what 3-5 hours?, after.. damn 1-2 years allmost we good with wait another 8 hours , so ye) So we better have some talk with Gameforge or them to damn use thier army fast cuz we are kinda done with waiting so bad , our hopes ... Sorry for my english , i know a few people will do laugh about it , but if u dont got anything else to laugh at.. w/e Let's get into subject and not say same sht like allways , also dont close damn topic cuz u dont wanna hear us talking about what y'all get mad of =) Closeing an subiject that isnt done yet is kinda :thumbdown: Have a nice day.
    I'm afraid that my reply will be rather pointless. Currently, there's no new information regarding the possibility of future merges and, as GMs, we know nothing more about the matter than you do. I'm aware that this isn't what you would like to have heard, but my simply ignoring your post wouldn't help either.

You mention that the previous merges "took about 8 hours", but that isn't taking into account the many hours of planning which would no doubt have taken place to make that "8-hour" process possible.
    The most recent update (that I'm aware of) was this:

Lady Sky wrote:

As for the population of the servers, we are already working on the server merge project (details will follow soon). Even if in this first round NosTale EN is not affected, it doesn't mean that there won't be other rounds in the future.
    As you seem to have kept up-to-date on the matter this is unlikely to be new to you, but I thought I'd still quote it in-case you (or others reading who are interested) did miss it.

Put simply - As much as we'd like to help, there is no more information we can give. All we can do is wait.

Thank you SkyDrive xD
  • Cherish wrote:

I'm aware that this isn't what you would like to have heard, but my simply ignoring your post wouldn't help either.
    Good point .Thanks.

Cherish wrote:

Put simply - As much as we'd like to help, there is no more information we can give. All we can do is wait.
    || seems stupid , I do not get how they use thier own brains for ,atleast they dont do right movements yet,i would be up to be in thier team , and tell them what next move is , cuz they dont do things right at all. :chainsaw:

Haters gonna hate =)
  • NarutoDreams wrote:

I do not get how they use thier own brains for ,atleast they dont do right movements yet,
    Na-na-na, thats not stupid, thats called complications. The merge with an older server will cause many rage-quits, because those who play on US not always have a main full of goods. Also, if they merge US+UK now, this will kill off some people's interest to continue like this, because, again, their accomplishments will be nothing in comparison. Thus after the merge you get more quits and a better chance that you will start to cry about it and demand a merge with a server with different language. This has a low chance of happening, because this brings a lot more complications that you imagine.

Cherish wrote:

this is unlikely to be new to you, but I thought I'd still quote it in-case you <...> did miss it.
    :rofl:

NarutoDreams wrote:

i would be up to be in thier team , and tell them what next move is
    I think you would agree ot their team opinion, because I don't believe that one person decides that. I really don't think that technicians that operate server fusions would like to bother again unless GameForge pays them. And I do think that GameForge team has a protocol for when things get really bad and when its stable.

NarutoDreams wrote:

then we get an #2K18MergeProject we wait , everything goes well
    They announced it ~ in summer, and we had to wait until December to get it. Now they are screening for the issues, and you already want an official post when they want to merge other servers? I mean, 2019 just started and the merge hasnt exactly finished yet. I started getting server kicks often since the merge on DE and probably its not only my issue, so they relocate data center to improve (fix) it. Be patient or do something else that would be beneficial for when you get this merge. You can start over on US just to chill and chat with people. Its not that hard. And after the merge you will keep your multi on that account plus get stuff from it to sell or whatever.

NarutoDreams wrote:

Now i must need to make a new topic about this MERGE plans about UK
    You must? Dont feed people this BS...
  • First,there are few games where GM = Developers,Nostale is definetly NOT one of them.
    Second,The Nos UK Stuff are volunteers so they don't get paid for being a GM,they also have a strict set of rules to follow which include giving feedback to the higher authority which is GF which also gives feedback to Entwell.So you can understand why they don't have all the information.
    Now,since we got that out of the way,lets discuss the topic again.(for the x time).
    I don't remember many supporters of the ideea of going on Steam on Nostale,there was maybe 1 or 2 but me and Ruff disagreed back then but it wasn't such a HUGE demand from the server population,nor do i heard any people in game nor forum wanting a new server.But let this serve as a reminder for those uk players that didn't want to acknowledge the forum existence.
    The fault is split tho,the UK players didn't care while some(Not Majority) thought that it would be a good ideea,but none of us thought that this would mean a new server and therefore it will have devastating consequences.GF should had asked us first with a poll and alot of publicity in-game so people would know stuff,and also tell us that going on steam = new server.
    But duck that,greed is more important.
    As for the merge itself,i don't understand whats the problem.They did announced the merge,it will most likely happen in 2019,why whine about it ?
    The First wave just concluded and now they are waiting to see if something backfires and only then they will cancel our merge,but if everything is going according to plan,we will get the merge soon.
    Also let's get clear on 1 thing. about waiting 2 years.........
    You can't possibly tell me that you expected for them to merge the servers right before they launched the new one,it's ridiculous and dosen't make sense,be gratefull that we get this merge at all only after 2 years of US server because the vast majority didn't wanted to hear back then about the merge and to this day there are alot of players that still don't want the merge to happen.
    I remember Morgoth telling me that everything is gonna be fine,they will get bored of Cylloan,they will come back,yada yada.But look how it turned out.
    Enough pointing fingers,now since the 2nd merge wave is comming this year you should just something else in the meantime,and if you wanna start another thread,start with a different problem and not an existing one.
    Right Now the player crisis dosent come from poor game handling from GF,but from outside,and with this i finish this post.

Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
  • What happens of you have 4 characters on both servers after the merge, considering it uses the same account for both servers.

Would you need to delete 4 characters, or would they increase max character slots to 8?

Would they delete 4 characters for you at the time of the merge?(thus straight up deleting your stuff)

What about things in your warehouses, if you've got full warehouses on both servers all the items wouldn't fit in 1 warehouse. I suppose they could send the rest to parcel, but parcels can be full too.

The servers that were merged before didn't use this 1 account for multiple servers thing that is going on between US and UK right? So merging them already has far fewer complications, but these are some real concerns I'm asking about here that stems specifically from both servers using the same account.

Then there is the massive amount of accumulated gold/items that would be introduced which isn't exactly something I'd appreciate personally. I mean just think about it for a second, what exactly makes someone choose to play on US over UK(personally I'm still fine with playing on my UK characters). Wasn't it because people were actually doing raids and stuff? You know, to get items that weren't already accumulated by the community and easily obtained via purchase?

I mean you even said people on US said they want a merge so they could get some of the shells on the UK server. As in, instead of doing FC raids. So people wouldn't have a need to do FC raids then, which would just lower interest in them leading to them not being done....

My friend recently started playing on US and there were hardly any snowman raids going on(no Maru either for that matter). Sure the event has been going on for awhile now, but the point is people weren't interested in doing them so there weren't any. Why would people want to do raids when all of its prizes have already been accumulated in bulk and are for sale? Especially when the odds of winning the prizes aren't that great.

Seems like a merge wouldn't really change a whole lot for UK, maybe there would be more players but that doesn't necessarily mean more social activity. A lack of social activity is the actual problem you want solved right? Personally I just want to be able to do things without a need to make a bunch of alternate accounts(i wouldn't be able to run multiple accounts even if i wanted to so it would be nice not to need to).

However instead of forcing merges which won't necessarily even fix any problems, I'd rather a different type of solution be made. Such as making NPC raid members or something that you can rent to help out in a raid if you can't find other players to join(or if you just want to solo things i guess). It is nice to be able to raid with other people, but i don't like being forced to depend on it myself. This might not encourage working together but it certainly wouldn't discourage it either, and when people see a raid succeeding a lot it helps raise interest so they might decide to join some.
  • Ruff wrote:

What happens of you have 4 characters on both servers after the merge, considering it uses the same account for both servers.

Would you need to delete 4 characters, or would they increase max character slots to 8?

Would they delete 4 characters for you at the time of the merge?(thus straight up deleting your stuff)

What about things in your warehouses, if you've got full warehouses on both servers all the items wouldn't fit in 1 warehouse. I suppose they could send the rest to parcel, but parcels can be full too.
    First World Problems.

Ruff wrote:

My friend recently started playing on US and there were hardly any snowman raids going on(no Maru either for that matter). Sure the event has been going on for awhile now, but the point is people weren't interested in doing them so there weren't any. Why would people want to do raids when all of its prizes have already been accumulated in bulk and are for sale? Especially when the odds of winning the prizes aren't that great.
    Because they start the raid right in the event day and makes them endless and sensless,People just don't bother after the first few days too.
    However i wouldnt say there are hardly any winter raids going on,daily you will still find a snowman or a maru spammer,like 1 maximum 2 spammers but still.

Ruff wrote:

The servers that were merged before didn't use this 1 account for multiple servers thing that is going on between US and UK right? So merging them already has far fewer complications, but these are some real concerns I'm asking about here that stems specifically from both servers using the same account.
    Really don't see the "concern",it will take a longer time but thats it.

Ruff wrote:

Then there is the massive amount of accumulated gold/items that would be introduced which isn't exactly something I'd appreciate personally. I mean just think about it for a second, what exactly makes someone choose to play on US over UK(personally I'm still fine with playing on my UK characters). Wasn't it because people were actually doing raids and stuff? You know, to get items that weren't already accumulated by the community and easily obtained via purchase?

Seems like a merge wouldn't really change a whole lot for UK, maybe there would be more players but that doesn't necessarily mean more social activity. A lack of social activity is the actual problem you want solved right? Personally I just want to be able to do things without a need to make a bunch of alternate accounts(i wouldn't be able to run multiple accounts even if i wanted to so it would be nice not to need to).
    Are you oblivious,do you even UK ? Do you even go to arena/fc/whatever pvp content to see how dead it is ? how crappy the economy is ? How stupid is to solo a mmorpg ?

Ruff wrote:

However instead of forcing merges which won't necessarily even fix any problems, I'd rather a different type of solution be made. Such as making NPC raid members or something that you can rent to help out in a raid if you can't find other players to join(or if you just want to solo things i guess). It is nice to be able to raid with other people, but i don't like being forced to depend on it myself. This might not encourage working together but it certainly wouldn't discourage it either, and when people see a raid succeeding a lot it helps raise interest so they might decide to join some.

Im starting to think that Ruff may acctualy be a troll.

• Jekyll wrote:

Na-na-na, thats not stupid, thats called complications. The merge with an older server will cause many rage-quits, because those who play on US not always have a main full of goods. Also, if they merge US+UK now, this will kill off some people's interest to continue like this, because, again, their accomplishments will be nothing in comparison. Thus after the merge you get more quits and a better chance that you will start to cry about it and demand a merge with a server with different language. This has a low chance of happening, because this brings a lot more complications that you imagine.
    Who said masive players will quit ? rofl man just shut up , u are just one at whole server, i havent seen one more player to say same at my last log in into US server , they all wanna merge as UK wanna , they are willing to merge no problem , stop being so mad when i do this kind of topics , tho what people interest , man the fresh start is done , US starts to be as UK is atm , u just dont use ur damn brain enough cant u damn see how US goes it goes down day by day.There is no more interest in being the best while people who are 50clv can have it , if u start now playing US w/o hard nosmalling u cant be the best , and not even close lol stop being so stupid and leave the hate post about merges it allready looking so sad for this who deny the merge ... Let's say UK wont merge with US , what US will do? Try ask US server over all they will die as fast as we(UK) get other merge , so please =) If u wanna throw some hate over my post u better now it does not make any sense anymore...You just talk about all while this is only ur frustration[you cannot be the best i bet, u are just lv 88 that is lazy af to do lv 90 and just wait for an exp event to do a few lods , then cry that u cannot earn Champ Lv... sad]

Haters gonna hate =)
  • Hey i don't want my warehouse stash of bushies that i can't take out because of lack of more pet slots to vanish on me just because of a stupid merge xD it is a real concern to me. Wouldn't be a problem if UK merged with any other server, but UK merging with US specifically has issues.

Pvp can be fun sometimes, but more players doesn't equal more fulfilling pvp content. I remember when UK was full of people.....sitting around not participating in raids/pvp content(and no not being afk or just alts). Sure, there were people who regularly did those things but there were plenty who never had interest in them as well.

I will say it was nice having those signposts everywhere, never had a lack of mini games to play. That has been becoming a real problem.

I don't get why a NPC raid member option would be so bad, it isn't like anyone would be forced to use them. You could still have a full 15 actual player team. It would just be nice to help you out when you can't find the players, and you aren't really going to tell me that people don't get any interest in joining a raid that they've been seeing a pop up for success over and over..... Shoot, I'VE joined a raid after seeing the host succeed over and over. And I've had people gain interest in my own raids after winning several in a row, when before that it took hours just to finally get a team together. So some filler NPCs to help get some raid spamming started(or just allow a person to try a raid out that they've never done before) seems pretty nice to me.....
  • Ruff wrote:

Hey i don't want my warehouse stash of bushies that i can't take out because of lack of more pet slots to vanish on me just because of a stupid merge xD it is a real concern to me. Wouldn't be a problem if UK merged with any other server, but UK merging with US specifically has issues.
    ask them to make more slots for pets then,First world problems again.

Ruff wrote:

Pvp can be fun sometimes, but more players doesn't equal more fulfilling pvp content.
    YES IT DOES.

Ruff wrote:

I will say it was nice having those signposts everywhere, never had a lack of mini games to play. That has been becoming a real problem.
    See,you are slowly opening your eyes about the troubles of UK server.

• Ruff wrote:

Hey i don't want my warehouse stash of bushies that i can't take out because of lack of more pet slots to vanish on me just because of a stupid merge xD it is a real concern to me. Wouldn't be a problem if UK merged with any other server, but UK merging with US specifically has issues.

Pvp can be fun sometimes, but more players doesn't equal more fulfilling pvp content. I remember when UK was full of people.....sitting around not participating in raids/pvp content(and no not being afk or just alts). Sure, there were people who regularly did those things but there were plenty who never had interest in them as well.

I don't get why a NPC raid member option would be so bad, it isn't like anyone would be forced to use them. You could still have a full 15 actual player team. It would just be nice to help you out when you can't find the players, and you aren't really going to tell me that people don't get any interest in joining a raid that they've been seeing a pop up for success over and over..... Shoot, I'VE joined a raid after seeing the host succeed over and over. And I've had people gain interest in my own raids after winning several in a row, when before that it took hours just to finally get a team together. So some filler NPCs to help get some raid spamming started(or just allow a person to try a raid out that they've never done before) seems pretty nice to me.....
    Well Pvp will be allways fun, if you are not faceing some1 that hunting you around and u cannot do anything about it , but in general even gank was fun , or even if some1 was better than you and the person was hunting you , u could gank him up cuz every1 has more enemies around, so ye .Also 1v1 are also nice when u have with who to , and even low lv pvp are also fun , make it all about skill lvl.

and about the NPC for raids ,idk if it will be able to be real cuz it seems kinda unreal , i cannot imagine this thing to be real since it is kinda crap a NPC cant do too much , maybe an % dmg npc :P

Haters gonna hate =)
  • Ruff wrote:

What happens of you have 4 characters on both servers after the merge, considering it uses the same account for both servers.
    The answer to how problems like that may be dealt with, can be read on the forums of servers who have already been merged. You don't need to speak the language either, a quick Google translate will give a reasonable translation (for the first and last time). The quote examples I've used are from FR, but you can find the same FAQ on any of the merged servers.
    4.) What happens if I have characters on multiple servers that are transferred to the same target server?

In all, you have at your disposal four boxes of characters. If you have more characters, then your four highest level characters will be transferred to the target server. The others are not lost so far. They are just disabled. On the website, you can activate or deactivate your characters as you wish. But beware: you only have one active Martial Artist box at your disposal.
    It also answers your question on how warehouse problems might be fixed:

Ruff wrote:

9.) What happens to objects in the warehouse?
    Your items in the warehouse will be sent to your highest level character.
    The solution may be a short-term annoyance needing several relogs when you first log in, but I'd happily accept a minor problem like that if it brings a long-term fix to an inactive server.
  • Pinkamena wrote:

Ruff wrote:

Pvp can be fun sometimes, but more players doesn't equal more fulfilling pvp content.
    YES IT DOES.
    No, more community interest makes more fulfilling pvp. More players doesn't mean more players interested. That is some major overestimation on the effect a merge would have you've got goin on there. Keep in mind, most the players from UK and US are THE SAME PEOPLE. It isn't like we are merging varied communities. (Like what the previous merges did, something that can actually be beneficial)
  • Kaile wrote:

Ruff wrote:

The answer to how problems like that may be dealt with, can be read on the forums of servers who have already been merged. You don't need to speak the language either, a quick Google translate will give a reasonable translation (for the first and last time). The quote examples I've used are from FR, but you can find the same FAQ on any of the merged servers.
    4.) What happens if I have characters on multiple servers that are transferred to the same target server?

In all, you have at your disposal four boxes of characters. If you have more characters, then your four highest level characters will be transferred to the target server. The others are not lost so far. They are just disabled. On the website, you can activate or deactivate your characters as you wish. But beware: you only have one active Martial Artist box at your disposal.
    It also answers your question on how warehouse problems might be fixed:

Ruff wrote:

9.) What happens to objects in the warehouse?
    Your items in the warehouse will be sent to your highest level character.
    The solution may be a short-term annoyance needing several relogs when you first log in, but I'd happily accept a minor problem like that if it brings a long-term fix to an inactive server.
    Thank you for that information, though I'm confused about the deactivated character part.... Is it basically saying you keep all the characters permanently and you just activate/deactivate at will? Or do you need to delete a character to activate one of the deactivated characters? If it just lets you keep all of them forever that's fine, shoot it just means more inventory space then as you could load a character up and then deactivate it.... Something tells me that the deactivated thing is temporary though and the essentially more inventory/character space is just a dream.
  • Ruff wrote:

Thank you for that information, though I'm confused about the deactivated character part.... Is it basically saying you keep all the characters permanently and you just activate/deactivate at will? Or do you need to delete a character to activate one of the deactivated characters? If it just lets you keep all of them forever that's fine, shoot it just means more inventory space then as you could load a character up and then deactivate it.... Something tells me that the deactivated thing is temporary though and the essentially more inventory/character space is just a dream.

Server Fusion: FAQ wrote:

15.) Do I have to delete or select my characters to activate after the transfer before merging the servers?
    No. Your characters will be activated automatically as described in question 4.
    I'm pretty certain that there has been no need for players to delete their existing characters, they just active/deactivate them as they like. The deactivated characters aren't deleted, just 'invisible' from the character choices when you log in game.

The FAQ includes problems like:
    - Multiple characters across the merged servers (and how to activate/deactivate them)
    - Repeated naming
    - Families
    - Items (e.g. warehouse, bazaar)
    - Friend-list, Blacklist
    - Rankings

We might not even get a merge, but reading the other servers FAQs can answer our questions on how the possible problems might be overcome if we do.
  • NarutoDreams wrote:

Who said masive players will quit ? rofl man just shut up , u are just one at whole server, i havent seen one more player to say same at my last log in into US server , they all wanna merge as UK wanna , they are willing to merge no problem , stop being so mad when i do this kind of topics , tho what people interest , man the fresh start is done , US starts to be as UK is atm , u just dont use ur damn brain enough cant u damn see how US goes it goes down day by day.There is no more interest in being the best while people who are 50clv can have it , if u start now playing US w/o hard nosmalling u cant be the best , and not even close lol stop being so stupid and leave the hate post about merges it allready looking so sad for this who deny the merge ... Let's say UK wont merge with US , what US will do? Try ask US server over all they will die as fast as we(UK) get other merge , so please =) If u wanna throw some hate over my post u better now it does not make any sense anymore...You just talk about all while this is only ur frustration[you cannot be the best i bet, u are just lv 88 that is lazy af to do lv 90 and just wait for an exp event to do a few lods , then cry that u cannot earn Champ Lv... sad]
    Yes, insulting a person is the best way to tell that he is not right and, therefore, has to shut up and eat BS that you're trying to feed. Don't flame or you'll get hit by GMs.
    I havent seen many people who want a merge here on forum except for a few demigod individuals who descended from the heaven to bless peasants with their flawless grammar and perfect logic (relax Pinka i just mean GoldSpender17). I dont see any point why I should further into this because the topic is fruitless. Stop being a child and understand that until GF thinks its time (assessed from server online activity and etc) nothing will happen. GMs are not going to tell you something that they are not told of even if you cry out loud like you do when you go to the stores with your mom. :growup:
    Edit: i actually read past the first few sentences. Dont worry Im 99+50.
    Edit2: A shame GMs are not allowed to close threads like this and have to listen to the same thing over and over again and reply similarly.

Edit 3: Personally, I do not care about the merge because I'm not involved in UK/US problems. I'm just saying&thinking what's the possible reason of the hold on.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jekyll ().