Questions about the PVP-Event

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am gonna be completely honest, I thought I'd come here being all salty and stuff, but holy hell, you guys have outdone yourselves.
      The fact that people are gonna be forced to use Shop gear is great, no costumes and any sort of other equipment not being allowed is great, and last but not least, giving people SP's is great.. But here I have one important question.
      Is every single individual going to get 3 +15 SP's, or is it just 1 / team member? I'd really like to know that, because IMO it's better if everyone gets 3 +15 SP's because it's just more fair y'know.
      Last but not least, I am hella surprised that you guys want to stream the event on Twitch.... but please, I have one request. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PLAY SOME SORT OF BADASS FIGHTING MUSIC WHILE THE FIGHTS ARE GOING ON!!!!
      Rules of Nature from Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance is a must play. Ok? Ok.

Anyway once again I did not expect that you guys would be able to change my mind about a PVP event. Bravo!
    • I am glad that the first response isn't a negative one!

TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Is every single individual going to get 3 +15 SP's, or is it just 1 / team member?
      When the team are on the map (6 participants) each player can name me 3 SPs that they want to have to fight the other team - I hope that answers the question :)

As for the music: Let's see, I will keep it in mind!

sexier than Bittersweet
      piss me off and I’ll make the Death Star explosion look like a fire cracker

• Pinkamena wrote:

Forget the times,tell us the brackets and if there is a participation fee !!!!!!!!!
      Thats more important !
      Totally agree, also what are you guys gonna do about people that have Champ level? It's definitely gonna affect the way things play out due to the fact that certain books are insanely overpowered (Extra attack / defense in pvp, 4k HP, 6k MP and so on).
      I hope brackets are gonna be a thing..
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Forget the times,tell us the brackets and if there is a participation fee !!!!!!!!!
      I'll show the brackets as soon as I know how many people participate... which will be end of December - leaving you a lot of time to prepare and for all the 90+ players to push another character to level 90 or lower :)
      There won't be a participation fee, the only gold you have to spend is to the NPC getting the required equipment (blanc!!) and accessories stated in the announcement.

TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

also what are you guys gonna do about people that have Champ level
      I gonna be honest: For this time there was nothing planned about limiting the champion level.

sexier than Bittersweet

• I suggest that you guys choose individually or make some program to make the 2 teams that fight to have even chances,like if there is a lv 88,90 and 92 the opposing must be like 87,90 and 91,rather then making a static bracket,and perhaps cancel the champion level during the fights is an ideea ?
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~
    • Frostwolf wrote:

I gonna be honest: For this time there was nothing planned about limiting the champion level.
      That's completely fair and understandable, I'm just glad we're getting a fun event.
      However, here's just one little suggestion for the brackets (what I would personally do, at least, also keep in mind I'm speaking from the point of view of a person who plays on the UK server) :
      • 80-87
      • 88-93
      • 94-99
      • And then maybe everyone who has a champ level of 28 (because that's the level when you can use some really overpowered resistances and a few levels later some OP af books, gotta keep that in mind!!!) and above gets put into a separate bracket regardless of their actual level? I don't know, this was just an opinion, I'll leave the rest up to you guys :P
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Frostwolf wrote:

That's completely fair and understandable, I'm just glad we're getting a fun event.However, here's just one little suggestion for the brackets (what I would personally do, at least, also keep in mind I'm speaking from the point of view of a person who plays on the UK server) :
      • 80-87
      • 88-93
      • 94-99
      • And then maybe everyone who has a champ level of 30 and above gets put into a separate bracket regardless of their actual level? I don't know, this was just an opinion, I'll leave the rest up to you guys :P

I agreee wholeheartly for the UK server to have this bracket,ok maybe 80-87 is a bit harsh but personally i dont mind and besides uk is full with 88+,seems fair for me !
      TheRealDeepStriker , Naerys lets make a team ! 8o
    • Pinkamena wrote:

I suggest that you guys choose individually or make some program to make the 2 teams that fight to have even chances,like if there is a lv 88,90 and 92 the opposing must be like 87,90 and 91,rather then making a static bracket,and perhaps cancel the champion level during the fights is an ideea
      I was thinking about it, unfortunately there are 2 things to keep in mind:
      This is just a test and I wanted to make it as easy as possible (it's already a ton of work to prepare!) and not having it run for weeks (which happened in the german PVP-event that was based on level-groups). It most likely won't be the last event of that kind, I want to see how this one will end up and improve it for the next time. In short: I want to see if we can get this through it in 1-7 days without having different groups and not ending up in a mess :)
      There are a lot of limitations or simply things we can't do - touching the champion level of a player is one of them

sexier than Bittersweet

• If you managed to make it (kinda) equal, just make the 3 brackets or something.

I will be talking about UK only, because this won't be a problem in US, since max level there 90.

If people aren't allowed to use acessories and weapons on high level, level diffrence doesnt matter that much, but it would be nice split, lets say 80-89 and 90-99 (max +9 champion level)
      The other bracket for people from any level with champion level 10-27 ( or you can skip that if the 1 or 2% pvp dmg/def wouldn't matter that much),
      but the 28-37 or if you don't want split that much then 1-37( because 28 clvl and 38 is huuge powerspike)
      Especially the 38clv, 1 book that gives 5 statistics is just broken, not talking about the HP book.
      Same goes for 48clv, kinda same powerspike so my idea would be the brackets:

80-89
      90-99
      1-27
      28-37
      38-47
      48-50
      All depends on the people that will apply on the pvp, but it's obvious that person with higher basic stats will win it without any problems or more dodge/hp etc.
      Without the 90+(or champ gear) let's bring mage on this example, this Mage will have around 15k hp(Clv:1) and oponent let's say Mage too, like 100 more basic attack and 6k more hp just from books(50clvl)
      Chances to win for the 1 clv mage, comparing to the other? less than 20% in my opinion.
    • I think you have to keep in mind that we probably won't have tons of teams participating and the more difficult it gets to form a team if there are too many subdivisions, the less people may participate. However, the CLvl for US participants has been restricted to 27 now.
      Eventually something like SP perfections could be used in other cases to have more balance, but we will certainly discuss the whole matter further based on the applications we receive.

sexier than Morgoth
    • Whoa, event loooks really interestin, gj frostcat, here you go :cookie:
      But well there's some really interesting parts

Level part is really confusing to be honest with all those ranges, we all know that people are going for maximum possible to get more chance to win. Somehow i think level should been fixed like 80.
      Why? Well atleast US level range is 70 and 90+27, that's a really huge gap in def/dodge/hit/attack and hp and second 90lv part. Most people are going to be forced creatin alties for this event and well gettin to 90 is semi pain. I mean yeah we got full month for it, but you know ,lod is boooooring. So 80 looks sexy af with that sweet cheery double xp, but well we coudn't use strong res then. I mean it's still probably going to be 1 hitoverkills anyway.

Second complain would be i guess fairy/gloves.

but many of you don't dare because of a lack of equipment

Startin with fairies, so i don't like that we're going to be have to get/forced to buy/get fairy for event. People are going for 80% ofc, but 80% on alties are kinda expensive.
      Gloves well it really kinda takes some chances aswell, i mean i get that we're going to be with low armour, with almost paper defence but gloves and shoes will have great impact atleast in US pvp event. People who have been spamming fernon raid ( 13%) and erenia/zenas ( 20% firedark/lightwater) going sum them with magmaros/fgb for extra res advantage.
      If possible i think gm should either give those items with sps or make some rules, i mean hey we already got lv rule. Like 50% fairies and disqualifin clv res.

Overall looks nice, can't wait to win that sweeetshadyrandomprize.

topsecrettext
      still waiting for that sweet 1lv adventurer battle royal, instead of chests you could spam some low level mobs. pvp with lvlup mechanics. imagine attacking someone and he levelups, gets full hp and reks ya? that's me
      <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
    • Ahhh i remember when me and Ruff purposed the ideea and someone came and laugh in our face because of it,idk if it was tay,naruto or someone else,but if i will remember him i will let him know that we were right !
      Being a leftist surely has its benefits !

Kacchan wrote:

gj frostcat, here you go :cookie:
      Do not disrespect such ferocious wolf,meanie !
      Display Spoiler

Kacchan wrote:

topsecrettext
      still waiting for that sweet 1lv adventurer battle royal, instead of chests you could spam some low level mobs. pvp with lvlup mechanics. imagine attacking someone and he levelups, gets full hp and reks ya? that's me

yeah,i want that too,but the rewards to be sent to one character of our choice !