Is there any plan bringing down private servers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there any plan bringing down private servers?

40% of the ppl i know went to p ser , My friend and i are pretty piss by that........Is there any plan on bringing down the p ser?coz if there isnt any , there is no point for us to play anymore either, hope you guys can make it clear do you guys taking any measure against the psers? So all of us can save ourself some time

To make it clear ,to me i will never play private servers and i love nostale but nostale is a MMO which isnt a single player game ,It needs ppl to play with to be fun and clearly P sers are drawing many ppl away from the Official servers to a point ch1 can goto "Recommend" Status on Sunday.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Synonmys ().

• Think this discuse is not allowed at the board (in german board it isn't...) so RIP thread (??)

P-Servers are only stolen content and illegal thats rigth. All we can do is report them to the GMs and they'll report it to GF. And at leats GF need to check and do something. They already have closed some P-Servers but not all of them, sadly. But at least u cant say "they do notthing".
    It's also not that easy to close them. ^^"

Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.
  • We do take actions against private servers, and any reports or information is always welcome, however it is not an easy process and in some cases, due to the laws in the different countries, location of the servers, etc the truth is that it can take quite some time to see any real results.

And no, no private servers (please avoid promoting any particular ones) are in any way related to Gameforge nor do we get any money from them. They don't have the license, they are private servers.

As for the population of the servers, we are already working on the server merge project (details will follow soon). Even if in this first round NosTale EN is not affected, it doesn't mean that there won't be other rounds in the future.
  • Lady Sky wrote:

We do take actions against private servers, and any reports or information is always welcome, however it is not an easy process and in some cases, due to the laws in the different countries, location of the servers, etc the truth is that it can take quite some time to see any real results.

And no, no private servers (please avoid promoting any particular ones) are in any way related to Gameforge nor do we get any money from them. They don't have the license, they are private servers.

As for the population of the servers, we are already working on the server merge project (details will follow soon). Even if in this first round NosTale EN is not affected, it doesn't mean that there won't be other rounds in the future.
    O Cmon really?You guys really need someone tell you informations about *** Is it somekind of April Fools Joke?And in what Exact actions did you guys have ever takes may i ask?

@SkyDrive: Edited due talking about a private server
  • You can like censore the name of the server (i also deleted that sentence so there won't be any misunderstanding from my post).
    But don't just delete our posts please.They are legit questions and in no way meant to harm the image of the server,as we all play here and only want the best for this server.

Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
  • Oh come on Lady Sky, taking action against private servers? A SERVER's been around for years and it's population is at least 5 times bigger than EVERY SERVER COMBINED. A man at his home can manage a server better than y'all at GameForge / Entwell. You guys are just money-hungry people and are trynna profit off of UK, DE, and every other server. Don't deny it because you KNOW IT'S TRUE. The pvp event, giving hopes for the merge, the EXP events (we had 2 in a freaking month LMAO) and so on are just proof that you guys are being desperate to keep players nosmalling and giving y'all money.
    ɹǝɔɐɹʇ ʎpɐǝɹןɐ ɯ,ı

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheRealDeepStriker ().

• TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Oh come on Lady Sky, taking action against private servers? [Private Server] been around for years and it's population is at least 5 times bigger than EVERY SERVER COMBINED. A man at his home can manage a server better than y'all at GameForge / Entwell. You guys are just money-hungry people and are trynna profit off of UK, DE, and every other server. Don't deny it because you KNOW IT'S TRUE. The pvp event, giving hopes for the merge, the EXP events (we had 2 in a freaking month LMAO) and so on are just proof that you guys are being desperate to keep players nosmalling and giving y'all money.
    Just censoring the name so your post wont get deleted. :D

• TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

Oh come on Lady Sky, taking action against private servers? One private server been around for years and it's population is at least 5 times bigger than EVERY SERVER COMBINED. A man at his home can manage a server better than y'all at GameForge / Entwell. You guys are just money-hungry people and are trynna profit off of UK, DE, and every other server. Don't deny it because you KNOW IT'S TRUE. The pvp event, giving hopes for the merge, the EXP events (we had 2 in a freaking month LMAO) and so on are just proof that you guys are being desperate to keep players nosmalling and giving y'all money.
    Let me get this straight, you guys ask for double exp events/double events in general and when Gameforge finally delivers on that demand you call them desperate?

Is there any company that does not want to make profit of their game? in what century do you live?
    The guy who has ripped off the game and hosts it on his own can do whatever change he/she want without answering to anyone without having to cooperate with anyone, without having to worry about any legal stuff.
    Also if you truly believe the person who own that Private server does not make profit from the donations and whatever else then you clearly have no clue on what is happening, for sure he does not host the server out of his good heart.
  • I ain't ranting about the fact that people make money off of their game, that's very cool and everyone should be able to make money about the things they've worked on, however you also mention we've been asking for these events in the past too, right? How come we've always been getting 2 or 3 events AT MOST / year (even though people have been asking for them A LOT), but now that this game's going downhill, we got NO PLAYERS that are begging for events(I'd say 1000 at most, combined from all the servers) yet we are literally getting then twice in a month? I think what's going on here is pretty obvious. As for the individual making profit off of his Private server, yeah obviously he is gonna make money, and I never said that he is not making any to begin with ; my issue, from the very beginning, was the fact that y'all are giving people fake hopes just to profit off of a dead game. It's a smart move tho, I'll say that much.
    ɹǝɔɐɹʇ ʎpɐǝɹןɐ ɯ,ı
  • I just want to add that what Deep Striker said its kinda true,be4 the new US server,heck,even when the US server was just realesed the events were rare,at no point was there 2 xp events in the same month at any given period,2 xp / ic per hour existed,that is true,but they were only twice a year(and even once) and any veteran can confirm it.
    Some people wanted more,some didnt,i dont recall a huge outcry for these events,but honestly not even as a Gamemaster you cant deny the fact that the reason why GF organize so many events lately is because they are competing with the [Private Server].
    I just want to clarify what the truth is,im neither pro or against these huge numbers of events,i sure like faster leveling and extra money,but i also cant do any raids because of it,so im preety even on this subject. :stick:

• In that case I guess be careful on how you word your thinking, as your previous post did not really imply the reasoning you just made.
    "Accusing" the one side (Gameforge) of being money-hungry while not the other side (Priv Serv Owner) implies that they host the private server out of their good will and that their earnings might not necessarily cover their expenses.

Every move is kinda a move to make the players happier and attract more players in general I mean that is always the objective, as to why we did not have more of such events in the past that is not something simple to answer. For one different management over the years.

The game is 11 years old whatever that may mean to someone and I guess it depends on what you mean by "fake hopes" I can't overly get into it with it being this general.
  • Well that [Private Server] is sure as hell doing something right that its attracting so many players and its population beats our own population and not only.
    I don't wanna say that their management is better but it kinda is,im preety sure this strategy that Entwell/Gameforge adopted isnt entirely new but not very old either,however it dosent seems to look like its attracting the old players back or any kind of players that now plays on [Private Sever].
    In my opinion you guys should try to bring that [Private Server] down for good and the players would be forced to come back if they still want to play,i think thats better for the long run and you should focus on your time on that for now,just my oppinion and suggestion.

• Hi there!

@Jekyll and @Synonmys, I'd to edit your posts because they had names of private servers. I understand you're upset but please, remember that this is a very delicate topic and we have to control our words. If this thread is used properly, I'm sure all your questions will be solved! So please, as Lady Sky said, let's stop promoting particular private servers (just don't write their names or talk about them).

Regards ^^

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Ty Coco <3
  • Okay, since I violated the board rule in my last post in this thread, I,too, will just post [that server] instead. Everyone will still understand what I'm talking about

Lady Sky wrote:

it can take quite some time to see any real results.
    Is the plan to overpopulate I guess? because there is only progression, not degression?
    I'm in NO WAY trying to

SkyDrive wrote:

promote
    [that server] because it takes away people from official servers where I want to play. But if we don't talk about this, how are we supposed to ask questions? Explain please!
  • Please guys, as I said in my last post, to talk about particular private servers isn't allowed (with or without name).

SkyDrive wrote:

So please, as Lady Sky said, let's stop promoting particular private servers (just don't write their names or talk about them).

Jekyll wrote:

[that server] because it takes away people from official servers where I want to play. But if we don't talk about this, how are we supposed to ask questions? Explain please!

Just talk in general. I'm sure we can talk about this topic without deepening :)

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Ty Coco <3
  • Jekyll wrote:

Okay, since I violated the board rule in my last post in this thread, I,too, will just post [that server] instead. Everyone will still understand what I'm talking about

Lady Sky wrote:

it can take quite some time to see any real results.
    Is the plan to overpopulate I guess? because there is only progression, not degression?I'm in NO WAY trying to

SkyDrive wrote:

promote
    Simply saying "Private server" is good enough, because well it isn't just 1 and we all know which one is the most popular so.
    Edit: or "that server" or whatever I don't even know anymore either lol.
  • Morgoth wrote:

we all know which one is the most popular so.

Lady Sky wrote:

They don't have the license, they are private servers.

Poro wrote:

P-Servers are only stolen content and illegal

Lady Sky wrote:

it is not an easy process and in some cases, due to the laws in the different countries, location of the servers

Just compilation of posts for one question: why, by law, is it impossible to close [that server] down? Come on, is [that server] located in a poor African country with not so strict laws?

Morgoth wrote:

The guy who has ripped off the game and hosts it on his own can do whatever change he/she want without answering to anyone without having to cooperate with anyone, without having to worry about any legal stuff.
    ^ this is a bit contradicting to what has been said before

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jekyll ().

• It dosent have to be a poor African country though.
    China dosent have any serious copyright laws and stuff nor does many other european countries like Czech Republic.
    But this could also mean that if GF/Entwell find a way to take it down,they could so as there is nothing to prevent it.