In-Game Language Display Error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In-Game Language Display Error

As for the Steam version of Nostale, I can't read any without English word such as Chinese , so that I can't communicate with another country person, it makes me annoying.

My Windows Display Language is English (Hong Kong SAR), Location is Hong Kong, the Steam interface language is English and the language of non-Unicode programs were set to English(Hong Kong SAR), these problem included to all server, I hope the someone can help me to solve this problem.

P.S. some kindness told me to use the application to recognize the OS in a language, but it's not suitable for steam version.
      Files
      • upload.PNG

(162.94 kB, downloaded 18 times, last: )
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

what country did you select in steam? and did you try the normal client? and dose your pc already has English language?
      In addition, the steam cannot switch the country because there are only can select the language of the interface, Chinese language supported interface has been selected before but it still doesn't work. Also, I need to run the locale emulator(since I'm a Windows 10 user) to execute the normal client that can be done like normal-game, more importantly, my friends are encountered the same problem, whether the steam version or the normal client version, and also, my computer absolutely support English language because my computer installed with the English(UK).
    • Go to ur windows setting set the unicode to chinese traditional taiwan,after that u can see mandarin or type in game,but only in traditional,simplified nt works because some words will show ??? when u use simplified~....And after u chg to chinese traditional,u cant see or whisper someone name with some english symbol like ™~
      OMG~From heaven~~XP
    • Heaven wrote:

Go to ur windows setting set the unicode to chinese traditional taiwan,after that u can see mandarin or type in game,but only in traditional,simplified nt works because some words will show ??? when u use simplified~....And after u chg to chinese traditional,u cant see or whisper someone name with some english symbol like ™~
      Thanks for your helping, unfortunately, it doesn't work on me, the reason why that the steam version seems to implements the nostale with an unicode programs, so that the game cannot convert the language by the above setting, perhaps this problem on normal client have been solved, but I still preferred to play on steam version, btw with much thanks.
    • I remember one of our team-members also has (or had) that issue, I will forward it, but since Nostale relies on the Windows-language-settings I doubt there is much we can do.
      I wonder: Have you asked another player from the same country as you what their settings are? Do they have the same issues?

sexier than Bittersweet
      piss me off and I’ll make the Death Star explosion look like a fire cracker