Returning player and the new UI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Returning player and the new UI

I'm a returning player and I have two main issues regarding the UI.

1. I cannot see each EXP bar - it looks like just one and I have to hover over them to know there's 4. Along with the fact I have to hover over them just to see what % they are at.
      2.The menu icons such as messenger, inventory, character etc are behind another menu (which oddly has a settings icon so it's misleading) - this requires more cognitive thinking as you now have to actually search for the bag instead of seeing it on the screen.

I'd personally like the menu icons visible at all times and the exp bars to have some margins so they aren't right at the edge, and also so that the bars doesn't collide with one another. I don't necessarily need to see the % at all times however that would be nice.

I don't see the reason for the minimalist design unless it's to prep (unless an app is available) for mobile and even if so, the game knows what resolution we play at and should know when to collapse things. The other changes don't fuss me so much, I'll get used to them but yeah. My first thoughts were "I received a welcome back gift. Where the heck is my inventory? - Oh, it's in the settings menu".

Pssh.
    • Timestamp wrote:

I'm a returning player and I have two main issues regarding the UI.

1. I cannot see each EXP bar - it looks like just one and I have to hover over them to know there's 4. Along with the fact I have to hover over them just to see what % they are at.
      2.The menu icons such as messenger, inventory, character etc are behind another menu (which oddly has a settings icon so it's misleading) - this requires more cognitive thinking as you now have to actually search for the bag instead of seeing it on the screen.

I'd personally like the menu icons visible at all times and the exp bars to have some margins so they aren't right at the edge, and also so that the bars doesn't collide with one another. I don't necessarily need to see the % at all times however that would be nice.

I don't see the reason for the minimalist design unless it's to prep (unless an app is available) for mobile and even if so, the game knows what resolution we play at and should know when to collapse things. The other changes don't fuss me so much, I'll get used to them but yeah. My first thoughts were "I received a welcome back gift. Where the heck is my inventory? - Oh, it's in the settings menu".

Pssh.

Welcome back!

The new UI is very different to the old layout and can take a bit of getting used to, but it does bring benefits - There is now much more space to place potions, snacks, and partner skills alongside your character's skills. You're also able to place items from your equipment inventory there too, meaning less need to keep inventory open and faster resistance and fairy changes.

Thank you SkyDrive xD
    • The new UI - skill bar is super nice but it takes some gameplay to get used to it. As Cherish mentioned, its super nice being able to hotkey costumes, eq, fairies, psps, sps, pots,useable items, etc. However those items need to be in your main inv. For example, if you want to change into sps faster than clicking - you would need to hotkey the sp and fairy in main inv to the bar. This also helps out in pve modes in which you want to switch between costumes (move, aura, dmg, gold, etc)

I'd agree the exp bar is really hard to see but I usually just look at the bar to get a rough estimate of exp % now. Btw, there are boosted exp rates for lvl 1 to 80.