Alts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Jekyll wrote:

    that's some good quality screenshot

    Ahem. On-topic
    Everyone can do whatever he wants as long as it's legal (does not break the game rules). Just think how much time this person spends. Jessshuuuushhhh
    Using multiaccounts is indeed allowed on both UK and US servers but, in my opinion, using alts in such a way removes all element of teamwork from what were previously group activities, detracting from both the UK/US communities.
    It doesn't take very long to level many alts either, especially with the new exp buff, so the 'time commitment' point doesn't really stand anymore.
  • Kaile wrote:

    Jekyll wrote:

    that's some good quality screenshot

    Ahem. On-topic
    Everyone can do whatever he wants as long as it's legal (does not break the game rules). Just think how much time this person spends. Jessshuuuushhhh
    Using multiaccounts is indeed allowed on both UK and US servers but, in my opinion, using alts in such a way removes all element of teamwork from what were previously group activities, detracting from both the UK/US communities.It doesn't take very long to level many alts either, especially with the new exp buff, so the 'time commitment' point doesn't really stand anymore.
    Kaile knows what's up
  • I remember the time this was taboo of sorts xD

    But anyway!

    Yeah, this is allowed... Unfortunately, it does kinda suck, but it just isn't really fun when that happens. I've seen a few people do it before for the sake of getting family rep, but it just meant less players to work with for us.

    As Kaile said, it removes all the elements of teamwork. Which again, sucks.

    "Can you see the beauty all around you?? No, seriously, look around."
    Characters
    Salrynn
    MissAmz
    Acracia

    Eoselene
  • Salrynn wrote:

    I remember the time this was taboo of sorts xD

    But anyway!

    Yeah, this is allowed... Unfortunately, it does kinda suck, but it just isn't really fun when that happens. I've seen a few people do it before for the sake of getting family rep, but it just meant less players to work with for us.

    As Kaile said, it removes all the elements of teamwork. Which again, sucks.
    Salrynn also gets it
  • Sometimes (not saying this is the case here) people have to do that in order to do a raid at all though. I know I've had a hard time waiting for members when trying to host chicken and pirate raids before. Especially during low activity hours, but sometimes even when it is active people just aren't interested in joining.
  • Ruff wrote:

    Sometimes (not saying this is the case here) people have to do that in order to do a raid at all though. I know I've had a hard time waiting for members when trying to host chicken and pirate raids before. Especially during low activity hours, but sometimes even when it is active people just aren't interested in joining.
    In very rare cases, perhaps. But only 5 players are needed to begin the raid, so unless you plan on completing it with fewer members than that, I can't see what other purpose having multiple alts in a raid team serves other than to gain more boxes. And how many people really use their alts to be able to complete a Chicken raid? Very few. How many people use alts to gain extra boxes in raids such as Draco/Glacerus? Far more.

    Ms.Makintosh wrote:

    For the same reason, this is allowed.
    How do you think people actually make +100 specialists?

    (This is the only way, if you don't want to spend 3-4 years to do it otherwise)
    This is where my priorities differ, making my opinion as it is. Personally, I would much prefer having lower perfection and upgraded specialists, weaker equipment etc. in an active, friendly community in which everyone works together to achieve their goals, than to have very good specialists/equipment in a server in which players are divided and distant.
  • Kaile wrote:

    This is where my priorities differ, making my opinion as it is. Personally, I would much prefer having lower perfection and upgraded specialists, weaker equipment etc. in an active, friendly community in which everyone works together to achieve their goals, than to have very good specialists/equipment in a server in which players are divided and distant.
    yes!
  • Ms.Makintosh wrote:

    For the same reason, this is allowed.
    How do you think people actually make +100 specialists?

    (This is the only way, if you don't want to spend 3-4 years to do it otherwise)
    taking everything solo will end up by making you sick. the main from all games is have fun and communicate with each other, how ever its up to you at end. but in my opinion: i would never respect someone with 7 or 15 alt in 1 raid.
  • Saphiriel wrote:

    Kaile wrote:

    This is where my priorities differ, making my opinion as it is. Personally, I would much prefer having lower perfection and upgraded specialists, weaker equipment etc. in an active, friendly community in which everyone works together to achieve their goals, than to have very good specialists/equipment in a server in which players are divided and distant.
    yes!
    But that is your opinion, the truth is players aren't united to begin with, no one helps another without expecting something in return unless they are friends irl or in game. if you try to host raids in ch1, try to be nice and let anyone in, 5 boxes simply won't be enough to pay for the seal making unless you're super lucky. Then go try and ask your members to help you pay the seals so everything is fair, and suddenly you'll be left with not even 5 people because no one wants to give you anything and most people expect it for free and unless you have 14 friends with you active at the same time, you won't be able to make a glace/ draco raid. I know a few people that solo, none of us is distant from the other, we just have other priorities such as high level raids and glace/ draco is a good way to get resources. We're high level, have good equips and upgraded specialists and that doesn't mean we're not friendly, we just do different stuff and our goals are higher than glace/ draco and that's what we work for
  • Kinishinai wrote:

    But that is your opinion, the truth is players aren't united to begin with, no one helps another without expecting something in return unless they are friends irl or in game. if you try to host raids in ch1, try to be nice and let anyone in, 5 boxes simply won't be enough to pay for the seal making unless you're super lucky. Then go try and ask your members to help you pay the seals so everything is fair, and suddenly you'll be left with not even 5 people because no one wants to give you anything and most people expect it for free and unless you have 14 friends with you active at the same time, you won't be able to make a glace/ draco raid. I know a few people that solo, none of us is distant from the other, we just have other priorities such as high level raids and glace/ draco is a good way to get resources. We're high level, have good equips and upgraded specialists and that doesn't mean we're not friendly, we just do different stuff and our goals are higher than glace/ draco and that's what we work for
    It is our opinion and I know that players' thoughts on this topic varies considerably. Some will have no problems with players using their alts in such a way, others do believe that it is an issue worth discussing.
    I'm sorry that you see a lack of unity amongst players. Yes, there are a growing number of players who will only ever offer help or advice only if it directly benefits themselves in some way, but there are still many of us who are happy to help in any way we can for nothing in return.

    In the UK server in particular, it can be costly to make the seals, but I can't help but feel that such problems that servers like the UK face at the moment is due, in some small part, to players using alts in such a way in the first place. It is a continuing circle; increasing numbers of players reach the level to solo raids with an alt team > fewer 'spare' places in such raids > lower-level players aren't added to fill those spare spaces because of the raid hosts need for another strong player to make up for the damage lost to the alts > lower-levels can't progress and eventually quit > leading to a shrinking server of only higher-levels who won't/can't farm the materials and a higher cost to make the seals - basically, the challenges we face now. I know that people argue that if lower-levels won't be added to a raid why not host one themselves, but, sadly, it doesn't work quite like that. It's already been said that it's difficult to find members for a raid-team as a high level - it's considerably harder to find team members as a low level raid host. Of course, multi-accounts is by no means the sole cause of the challenges we now face, but I do feel that it has contributed somewhat.

    As a relatively high level myself, I know that many are still very friendly players, but to me, they still seem somewhat distant. Activities such as raids were once based on teamwork; players working together to succeed. This is no longer the case. Increasingly, player's seem to be doing such group-based tasks alone, in order to obtain more rewards/resources.

    It's a controversial subject and many players will not agree with anything I've said (even my in-game friends). Using multi-accounts here is completely within the rules so players are well within their right to use them, but in my own opinion, doing such doesn't help the UK/US communities at all, so for that reason, I won't use my own alts in that way. :)


    Edit: The use of alts like this extends far beyond just raids, many in-game activities have been tainted somewhat by alts: reputation, point, and popularity ranks have just become a ranking of alt usage, AoT and the FC Combat Arena are full of alt-only teams removing the purpose and enjoyment of such activities.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Kaile ().

  • You are right. I disagree with the use of alts for many actions and I thought exactly like you until December last year. Ice flower price rocketed because of christmas event and me and my partner couldn't really afford them all even with 1 alt each. So we asked our members to help us pay the seals, what we got was that in a time where everyone was getting lvl 80 and sp5/6 was in high demand, no one wanted to join because they had to pay an entry fee. and in a time where most of the server was lvl 80 little, there was close to no will to make the raids even a win, as nearly no one potted and we lost quite a few raids because of that. From then on I failed to see the point of caring for others when others won't care for me.

    Now what I think the problem is, is that interesting Nostale content starts at lvl 88/90 and so everyone tried rushing to it to be the best and have fun, making US basically the same as UK but in a span of 1 year and that is the problem, and so starting in this semi new server is pretty much the same as starting in old UK, because when we reach high levels and are able to solo/ add alts, there is really no point in 'suffering' trying to care for others when you know no one is gonna care for you. I respect you still trying to do it, but I know it doesn't feel too good and not everyone is as good as you

    Until gameforge changes raid mechanics alt armies won't stop existing
  • Kaile wrote:

    The use of alts like this extends far beyond just raids, many in-game activities have been tainted somewhat by alts: reputation, point, and popularity ranks have just become a ranking of alt usage, AoT and the FC Combat Arena are full of alt-only teams removing the purpose and enjoyment of such activities.
    with each post i like you more and more.