[Feedback] Explorer Challenge Contest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I enjoyed the contest. Thanks for hosting! Can’t wait for the next one! Just a shame it’s taken so long to get prizes and finalise the contest. It would have been nice if players that were not in the tie could have gotten there prizes when they were announced as the tie diddnt effect them.

Is there a date announced to receive the prizes yet? I know it was mentioned that possibly before the contest event but that never happened.
  • TheHealersGod wrote:

@Steffie you skip alot of things....my question again~
    my character name was in the winners result, will i got a reward or i might be disqualified? (i had 29/30) did tie thing change others or effect others?
    Steffie did not skip, s/he said if you participated and your name is not there you prob were disqualified, if you participated and your name is there like you said, then you'll get the reward you deserve aka an Erenia's Medal. Tie breaker was for people that got 30/30 so it doesn't affect you at all.

All in all contest was cool, just pretty sad it was shared to both servers. It's US' first contest and we got nothing useful and who knows when the next one is :)
  • XsafouaneX wrote:

instead of making a email to send replys what about notes ingame
    As you said, they get deleted with time. We need the information to be available, so we can check if there's a mistake.

XsafouaneX wrote:

i was rdy to see that all players with 30/30 correct answer would get a cuby
    It wouldn't be so unique if we send that amount. However, it is a really important prize and we're not allowed to send more than that one.

Ellyj wrote:

Is there a date announced to receive the prizes yet? I know it was mentioned that possibly before the contest event but that never happened.
    Not yet. It depends on the amount of items and people.

Kinishinai wrote:

TheHealersGod wrote:

@Steffie you skip alot of things....my question again~
    my character name was in the winners result, will i got a reward or i might be disqualified? (i had 29/30) did tie thing change others or effect others?
    Steffie did not skip, s/he said if you participated and your name is not there you prob were disqualified, if you participated and your name is there like you said, then you'll get the reward you deserve aka an Erenia's Medal. Tie breaker was for people that got 30/30 so it doesn't affect you at all.
    All in all contest was cool, just pretty sad it was shared to both servers. It's US' first contest and we got nothing useful and who knows when the next one is :)
    Not really, I didn't say that. We stated that some players in that list could be disqualified, though we won't inform you which ones. Once that we announce that all the prizes were sent, if you didn't receive one, you will know that you need to send a ticket for it.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Hello there

First of all, after checking again the objections that were made about the tie, we decided not to do another one, because the clue was accessible for everyone and all the players involved had the same chances to find out were it was located and win.

However, I would like to clarify some issues: Maybe it wasn't that clear, but you were not allowed to use wings of friendship on multiaccounts/friends or any other thing that would make the tie easier. Also, the rules that were implemented in the tie were created to prevent players from cheating. The winners were announced after checking all those conditions.

That said, all the prizes will be sent asap. Thank you for your feedback and if you have more questions or suggestions, please tell us.

• I am just confused about whole wof stuff.
    How come wofin to alt is not legal
    So lets just say was it legal to open 45 alts and just leave those in different map?
    How come using wof to alt is different than using amulet of return, to lets say.. grotto? (skips you 5min ship)
    At this point you coulda just made it run from nosville to map x to win ._.
    <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
  • If I place 40 alts in 40 different places, while everyone else needs to use two teleports and cross 10 portals to arrive to X map, I can be in that map or really close in less than 30 seconds with a Nosmall item. It doesn't look that fair to me, especially if I take in count that not all players have or are able to use that amount of accounts at the same time.

Amulets would allow you to come back to town, but you were not allowed to use them to arrive to any other map.

Alts are completely legal, but we won't allow them in contests if we notice that it would be unfair.

• Same way as we would not host a Laurena raid event and let 1 main with his 38 alts to participate and take all the boxes. The point in these events is to have as many individuals as possible without abusing multiaccounts in any way that would ruin the contest/event.
    In short we try to keep it as fair as possible for both new/casual players and elite players.
  • Kacchan wrote:

Well, so wof's aren't really fair since you can reach map in 30s and its a Nosmall item?
    *laughs in noshwell mounts and speedboosters*
    But did you had to even reach the map?
    You see event wasn't "reach map x" - all you had to do identifying the name of the map.
    If it was race event or reach map x it would make sense.

I believe (apologies if I am wrong) that Steffie is talking about the use of alts in the final tie-breaker, rather than the competition as a whole:

Steffie wrote:

However, I would like to clarify some issues: Maybe it wasn't that clear, but you were not allowed to use wings of friendship on multiaccounts/friends or any other thing that would make the tie easier.

A couple of newer rules were added just before the tie-breaker to make sure that the tie was as fair for all participants as possible. These included the requirement of the entrants to take their own screenshot of the clue. For this they would have to reach the map. Also, the tie-breaker was indeed a race, with the fastest 3 entrants winning 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
  • Just like Cherish said, I'm talking about the tie.

The issue here is not the Nosmall item. The issue is being able to reach a map faster than other players just because you can use several accounts at the same time while other people can't do it. Using alts in a contest, or at least in a time contest, isn't fair and therefore is not allowed.

And of course, since we asked for a screenshot inside the map for security reasons, they had to reach the map.