All equipment guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All equipment guide

So as this is a suggestion for the forum i figured this is the right area to post it, i suppose general is fine as well if staff think that is a better spot....

So would anyone want to make a guide showing all the items?? Perhaps even split it into multiple guides for all mage equipment, all archer equipment, all gloves/boots etc as putting literally everything in 1 guide might be a bit cluttered. It could help players making decisions on when to change their weapon or shine a light on those rarely used pieces with the unique effects(like morale armor for swordies).

Off topic, does anyone know if morale armor is a double edged sword? Based on what it says you'd think if your opponent has higher morale than you(such as being a higher level or warrior morale buff) it is treated as equal, but does this mean if your morale is higher it is also treated as equal?? Archers would love having this effect on their armor while fighting warriors.
    • Most of that already exist in the German forum, e.g. all act 6 stuff, so who ever wants to do that would only need to translate from there. :)

About your off-topic question: As I understand it there is no effect on your moral, so the warrior can not buff his moral, and debuffs (e.g. from gargs, that you face on that level in PvE) don't work against you. So yes, it is not a good choice, as in that level area you mostly run around as warrior. But that is only my personal, rather limited (I main mage^^), experience, not a definite answer.
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

i dont agree about guide people to everything, whats point from making big online game then tell all secrets? we should keep it rare and mystery.
      Nobody is forced to use a guide, and you can just look through bazaar to see most equipment anyway.... I actually don't like how games have complete walkthroughs stating every little thing, but some things would never really be found without that anyway(or you know, dataminers who find everything their way anyway).

For instance, I'm not typically going to look up a guide to tell me how to solve a puzzle(solving it is the fun part) but when you need to run through a maze and kill every single enemy within a short time limit making it hard enough if you run it perfectly AND there are secret rooms behind breakable walls that look exactly like all the other walls hiding monsters you need to kill then you'd best believe I'm going to look up a map(looking at you Digimon World 4).

Ain't nobody got time to draw up their own map(when you're already only in there for a limited time). Even if they did, you'd still end up with the same map.... It'd just take several runs of you only looking for breakable walls instead of trying to actually kill everything like you're supposed to(and i mean SEVERAL runs).

Also you pretty much need to look up egg moves in Pokémon, everything else go ahead and do on your own but there is no reason to have egg moves so secretive. Until they put something in game to tell you(like most stuff in Pokémon) you need a guide. Most of the time you won't want egg moves anyway, but it is nice to at least know about the option.

Besides, you've also said you don't want game mechanics knowledge spread which is one thing I'm extremely against. Typically you buy a game and it comes with a manual explaining mechanics, some mechanics are almost always left out(not on purpose, just hard to cover literally everything in the little manual and in-game explanations) and you need to look up information (such as how crit rates are calculated etc). Mechanics should always be thoroughly spelled out for the players. I understand you want to learn stuff on your own, but there are times when that simply isn't viable(when it comes to mechanics there are times when datamining is seriously the closest we get to actual formulas)

Of course a guide telling you exactly what to do and when to switch items to stay optimized is something i would be against. That just doesn't involve people actually making their own choices, I'm just asking for a guide to show every single item(not a guide telling WHICH items to get, when and where). They can figure out which ones they want on their own.
    • I'd preffer a guide that showcase Nostale loose terms that aren't explained in game.
      Like what is morale ? what is SL ? how fairy damage is calculated,how overall dmg is calculated,you know stuff that the NosGuide is suposed to teach you but it dosen't.
      It would help alot the newbies who will probably be like "cool increase morale by 5,but wtf is morale ?"
      ~All the things she said ~
      ~All the things she said~
      ~Running through my head~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

• Pinkamena wrote:

I'd preffer a guide that showcase Nostale loose terms that aren't explained in game.
      Like what is morle ? what is SL ? how fairy damage is calculated,how overall dmg is calculated,you know stuff that the NosGuide is suposed to teach you but it dosen't.
      It would help alot the newbies who will probably be like "cool increase morale by 5,but wtf is morale ?"

That system is quite complicated and not easily visible inside the game.
      There is a guide on that in the German forum and even people who are not fluent in German will most likely be able to grasp that it is not that easy to explain. Also that guide is user made and based on tons of testruns ingame, so even though it seems to be correct, there is no guarantee on that.
      For the fairy dmg, I tried to summarize this post and translate it into English here, hope that helps a little. :)
    • Nandus wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

I'd preffer a guide that showcase Nostale loose terms that aren't explained in game.
      Like what is morle ? what is SL ? how fairy damage is calculated,how overall dmg is calculated,you know stuff that the NosGuide is suposed to teach you but it dosen't.
      That system is quite complicated and not easily visible inside the game.
      There is a guide on that in the German forum and even people who are not fluent in German will most likely be able to grasp that it is not that easy to explain. Also that guide is user made and based on tons of testruns ingame, so even though it seems to be correct, there is no guarantee on that.
      For the fairy dmg, I tried to summarize this post and translate it into English here, hope that helps a little. :)
      I like the way you wrote it,i have 2 things im suspicious about.
      This :
      "Then, once we have our dmg calculated, this dmg gets multiplied by a bonus.
      This bonus can be calculated as follows:
      fire>shadow>water>light>fire>... = x1.5
      fire<=>water = x2
      light<=>shadow = x3
      with element>without element = x1.3"
      Why the damage varies beetwen the 2 opposites ? Fire on water and viceversa is x2 but Light on Dark and viceversa is x3 ? is this true or a typo ?
      Like A Blue Mage deals less damage against a Red Mage then a Dark Gunner deals against a Holy Mage ? Why is that ?
      Its not equal.
    • Yep, that's correct. Light vs. shadow is insane, that's why you always want lightSPs in LoD (for rebs, at least), and why an archer with SP2 can already farm racoons at a really low level (if he doesn't die^^).
      I can only guess that this was done because most PvE-mobs in the lower areas are shadow and from the idea that the "evil" shadow should be smited by the "good" light.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Nandus wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

That system is quite complicated and not easily visible inside the game.There is a guide on that in the German forum and even people who are not fluent in German will most likely be able to grasp that it is not that easy to explain. Also that guide is user made and based on tons of testruns ingame, so even though it seems to be correct, there is no guarantee on that.
      I like the way you wrote it,i have 2 things im suspicious about.This :
      "Then, once we have our dmg calculated, this dmg gets multiplied by a bonus.
      This bonus can be calculated as follows:
      fire>shadow>water>light>fire>... = x1.5
      fire<=>water = x2
      light<=>shadow = x3
      with element>without element = x1.3"
      Why the damage varies beetwen the 2 opposites ? Fire on water and viceversa is x2 but Light on Dark and viceversa is x3 ? is this true or a typo ?
      Like A Blue Mage deals less damage against a Red Mage then a Dark Gunner deals against a Holy Mage ? Why is that ?
      Its not equal.
      I can confirm that as well, the damage is much more noticeable between dark vs light than any other. Gear differences aside (In the arena) it's always been lot easier to 1 hit someone who use a dark sp while you use a light sp and vice versa.
      That is why in PvP tournaments in other servers the one who picks second what SP to wear would have huge advantage over the other.
    • "Then comes the FairyDmg, that also gets added. We will look at that a little later, for now let's just remember that the fairy dmg gets added to the others, so the fairy does not increase the skill dmg."
      Help ? lol.

Well i always thought the damage beetwen the opposites is the same for both cases,feels so stupid,lol.
      Non elementals seems the most resistent too !
      Also what about the damage of an element to his counter :
      Dark against Fire.
      Water against Dark.
      Light against Water.
      Fire against Light.
      The Bonus damage is inexistent ? or its just x1.
    • You know we have a guide for damage already right?

Damage Guide

It spells element out pretty well. As well as how fairy% works.

As for terminology, that would be a different guide(mostly a guide for shells as that is where most random unknown terminology comes from). The exact effects of morale would be nice as well as effects from armor like the morale armor i mentioned(i understand how we are told changes to one's own morale won't do anything but does it affect changes to target's morale), but that would be separate guides.

Fire deals 100% bonus to water(x2)
      Water deals 100% bonus to fire(x2)
      Light deals 200% bonus to dark(x3)
      Dark deals 200% bonus to light(x3)

Fire does 50% bonus to dark(x1.5)
      Dark does 50% bonus to water(x1.5)
      Water does 50% bonus to light(x1.5)
      Light does 50% bonus to fire(x1.5)

All elements deal 30% bonus to non-element(x1.3)

Fire has no bonus against fire and light(x1)
      Dark has no bonus against dark and fire(x1)
      Water has no bonus against water and dark(x1)
      Light has no bonus against light and water(x1)

Edit: worth mentioning, if everything in the damage formula is accurate morale difference offers damage that isn't reduced by defense or resistance. Depending on whether moral difference calculations allow it to go negative, it might also be able to reduce overall damage(physical and elemental). I'd assume if you have more morale than your opponent it just counts as 0 bonus to their damage though instead of reducing it.(like how +0-10 on weapons/armor doesn't go negative)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ruff ().