Mage SP builds

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• are you talking mostly pve modes or pvp game modes?

for pve game modes in general: use the opp ele of the main monster you're facing -> ele, atk, hp/mp if you can afford op eq then i would ditch hp/mp and just prop ele since mage dmg op

for pvp in general: atk, ele, hp (i may be wrong on this since im not a mage main)

if you have any questions about a specific sp or game mode let me know
    • Wands can't inflict critical hits so I always tell folks to go full element and the rest in attack. Except for Dark Gunner I would definitely put full attack and the rest element. Attack increases critical damage which a mage is incapable of doing apart from spell gun using SP cards.
    • ^ pat not necessarily true, atk increase dmg and crit. the main reason mages usually dont go atk is beacause they miss out on the crit bonus.
      furthermore, there are instances in which ele will do less for a mage than atk (pvp primarily since ppl can have res % so high that it still negates elemental damage with shell effects+debuffs in consideration)
    • Honestly you should prioritize attack over element just like any other SP. You want to use both and all(at least as far as PvE is concerned) but actually putting points into element is just a fairy%increase.(and some insignificant bonus resistance that you won't ever need as boots/gloves have you covered)

This doesn't give mages any extra compared to other classes(they just suffer from lack of crit in the attack bonuses).

Mages tend to have more element in their skills than other classes, but this isn't benefitted by a higher fairy %. Fairy % is a bonus element conversion from your normal damage(which is boosted by points in attack). So everyone gets the same fairy % increases from SP points in element, while mages are the only ones not receiving benefits of increased crit chance/damage from SP points in attack.

Honestly points in element(fairy %) actually gives higher bonuses to whoever has the highest raw damage stat(I think archers). Early game(before getting a good weapon to boost your damage) points in element are basically useless. A high %fairy just isn't necessary, as long as you've the right type equipped the base element on the skill is the main reason in having the fairy.

Late game(after obtaining a strong weapon) fairy % can finally start giving more returns than raw damage since you already have a high damage stat. Of course there is also the whole weakness factor multiplying your element damage which also helps give it worth after you've a high damage stat to draw from. Regardless it still helps whoever has the highest raw damage the most (which i really think are archers but it could be swordies, haven't looked at their new weapons. Its never been mages in the past though so i doubt that's changed).

Basically if you've an 80% fairy equipped what benefits you more? Some bonus attack(which adds raw damage as well as 80% of that raw damage as elemental damage) or some more fairy %(which just adds a sliver of your damage stat as bonus elemental damage).

Unfortunately i can't find the complete guide for what everything gives at +100 right now, just a guide that goes up into the +8Xs but using trends every +10 looks like 100 element gives 150 fairy%. I already know 100 attack gives 1000 attack. Could be wrong here, 100 element might be 160% or something, not sure.

Regardless if you've a weapon that gives 300 attack, 160% of 300 is 480+ element(would actually be more as it doesn't only look at your weapon but still). 1000 attack meanwhile gives 1000 attack and 800 element (from the 80% fairy which with a fairy booster just makes attack points more valuable). In this case you get more physical damage from points in attack, AND more element damage from points in attack.

If your weapon gave 1200 attack then 160% element gives 1920+ element so at this point we get much more from points in element than before whereas attack would still be 1000 attack and 800 element. I'm not sure how much the strongest weapons give(haven't looked at the newest weapon stats) so I'm not sure which is best late game but regardless you'll be getting them both up using shells. Personally I'd focus on attack though as it doesn't get completely nullified by resistance(even if element focus helps more against specific enemies).
    • Ruff wrote:

Regardless if you've a weapon that gives 300 attack, 160% of 300 is 480+ element(would actually be more as it doesn't only look at your weapon but still). 1000 attack meanwhile gives 1000 attack and 800 element (from the 80% fairy which with a fairy booster just makes attack points more valuable). In this case you get more physical damage from points in attack, AND more element damage from points in attack.

If your weapon gave 1200 attack then 160% element gives 1920+ element so at this point we get much more from points in element than before whereas attack would still be 1000 attack and 800 element. I'm not sure how much the strongest weapons give(haven't looked at the newest weapon stats) so I'm not sure which is best late game but regardless you'll be getting them both up using shells. Personally I'd focus on attack though as it doesn't get completely nullified by resistance(even if element focus helps more against specific enemies).
      well thats for the details explanation, was looking for something like this. Hope you are still active in the forums.

i got some follow up questions, will start with question i got reading this and then my question regarding points addition:-

when you say
      1920 + element, does the element include the % gain from spells as well?, if not doesn't the spell dmg eventually increases as compared to the Phy damage. of course you minus the def/ resistance u have.

also coming to my question, does the points in each sp is individual points or its cumulative?

what i mean ,
      Suppose
      Basic mage phy : 10
      Magic/element : 10
      hp: 10

in sp 1 i gave 10 points to element then
      basic sp1 phy : 10
      magic : 20
      hp:10

in sp 2 i gave my points to hp then does the points gets stacked or remain individual

Cumulative/stacked up points stat:
      basic sp2 physical dmg: 10
      magic: 20
      hp : 20

or its individual i.e
      basic sp2 physical dmg : 10
      magic : 10
      HP: 20.

depending on this the char can be modified and interesting to be made.
      Battle Mage,
      Tanky Mage,
      Spell Mage
      etc
    • The points are individual across different SPs, you can actually get more than 1 of the same SP and customize them differently.

SPs gain points by leveling them up(every level after 20 gives points) and upgrading them(every rank of wings gives points).

The 1920 element is element gained only from putting SP points in increased element while having a strong weapon. I don't include the flat amount of element from the skills because that won't change regardless of where you put your SP points.