Running multiple accounts at the same time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Running multiple accounts at the same time

allright so, i know using more then one account is allowed, i know sandboxie is allowed.. but i don't know 2 things.
      FIRST
      -ok, you can have more then 1 account, but can you RUN more then one account at the same time? A mod told me that controlling 2 accounts at the same time is bannable, which left me a bit confused.
      SECOND
      -are multiaccount creators allowed? (They allow you to open nostale multiple times just like sandboxie afterall)
    • Zyrexal wrote:

allright so, i know using more then one account is allowed, i know sandboxie is allowed.. but i don't know 2 things.
      FIRST
      -ok, you can have more then 1 account, but can you RUN more then one account at the same time? A mod told me that controlling 2 accounts at the same time is bannable, which left me a bit confused.
      SECOND
      -are multiaccount creators allowed? (They allow you to open nostale multiple times just like sandboxie afterall)
      non of programs is allowed.
    • Morgoth wrote:

Having 2+ multiaccounts logged in at the same time is allowed, controlling 2+ multiaccounts at the same time is not allowed.
      Really? I have a hard time following that.... We are told we are allowed to buff ourselves for TS and stuff for example and that is controlling 2+ accounts at the same time...

I understand we can't have a friend control excess accounts for us or a program but if someone for instance has 2 computers set up next to each other and plays from both i don't really see why it would be a problem when taking into account what is allowed.

Another example, aren't we allowed to do a TS one account while selling stuff and advertising in the chat as much on another account? In this set both accounts are being controlled at the same time(one engaged in combat for the TS and perhaps party/family chat, the other engaged in private/all chat)

Personally i still dont get the having a friend level you up for you while you afk thing but I've been told that is allowed as well so you'd think taking multiple accounts to LoD and buffing yourself/healing yourself etc while leveling your multiple characters would also be allowed...
    • Morgoth wrote:

Having 2+ multiaccounts logged in at the same time is allowed, controlling 2+ multiaccounts at the same time is not allowed.
      when did ever this come out? i play 5 year+ buffing and doing lod while controlling 3 characters with 3 pc, what if i will play me and my wife in house? i do know alot married gamers play duo wife and husband, ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( day after day i feel more complicated of game rules (change daily).
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

when did ever this come out? i play 5 year+ buffing and doing lod while controlling 3 characters with 3 pc, what if i will play me and my wife in house? i do know alot married gamers play duo wife and husband, ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( day after day i feel more complicated of game rules (change daily).
      If you have separate accounts it is fine, but you aren't supposed to share accounts. I don't know if they'd have an exception due to marriage but I'd think it would be the same as sharing with anyone else.
    • So as long as you don't give 2 commands at the same time you're good to go.. does that mean you can buff yourself? Tecnically you control the accounts 1 by 1 when doing that, or even open your (shop? I don't know the exact name) in the bazaar area with 1 account while you play with the other?
    • Gotta clear this a bit:

1. It is allowed to have multiple accounts.
      2. It is allowed to be logged in with multiple accounts. How you do that is your choice, we tolerate every program that does not include any sort of hacks or changes any Nostale-files.
      3. You can buff yourself, you can controle the accounts swapping windows, but if you do something that isn't possible for one person alone without using any Bots/Hacks we will ban all accounts.
      4. If you have someone playing with the same Internet-connection as you do (or you play from school, university, Hotspot, mobile stick,...), you should write a ticket.
      BEWARE: We will know if that function is getting abused to 'save' accounts, don't even try.
      5. Sharing Accounts or giving them away is strictly forbidden and will result in a ban, including family-members or close friends.

I should make an FAQ - any questions left?

sexier than Bittersweet
      piss me off and I’ll make the Death Star explosion look like a fire cracker

• Zyrexal wrote:

oh, and can you use multiple alts in 1 raid too?
      Yes, that is totally ok as long as you only control one of them at a time, as Frostwolf explained above.
      Of course it would be nice to communicate this to the other raid members, as otherwise they think you are afk, but that is just a suggestion for good player relations, not a rule.
    • Ruff wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Really? I have a hard time following that.... We are told we are allowed to buff ourselves for TS and stuff for example and that is controlling 2+ accounts at the same time...
      I understand we can't have a friend control excess accounts for us or a program but if someone for instance has 2 computers set up next to each other and plays from both i don't really see why it would be a problem when taking into account what is allowed.

Another example, aren't we allowed to do a TS one account while selling stuff and advertising in the chat as much on another account? In this set both accounts are being controlled at the same time(one engaged in combat for the TS and perhaps party/family chat, the other engaged in private/all chat)

Personally i still dont get the having a friend level you up for you while you afk thing but I've been told that is allowed as well so you'd think taking multiple accounts to LoD and buffing yourself/healing yourself etc while leveling your multiple characters would also be allowed...

TheHealersGod wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

Frostwolf wrote:

3. You can buff yourself, you can control the accounts swapping windows, but if you do something that isn't possible for one person alone without using any Bots/Hacks we will ban all accounts.
      ^ This is what it means "controlling 2+ characters at the same time from the same pc" As frosty said you need to swap windows to be able to control the next character, that means the previous character you were controlling is not used at that moment.
      If you have more than 1 PC it is a bit the same, when your focus goes to the other pc I doubt you can control both of them at the exact same time unless you are a robot and you are hiding it from us :borg:
    • Morgoth wrote:

If you have more than 1 PC it is a bit the same, when your focus goes to the other pc I doubt you can control both of them at the exact same time unless you are a robot and you are hiding it from us :borg:
      But there are some who could(most people couldn't or at the very least would need practice to do semi-well) especially with it being 2 computers instead of 1 using sandboxie or something(literally can't send inputs to 2 different windows at the same time as the keyboard/mouse will only affect 1 at a time).

I can understand why you'd be suspicious though as having a friend or a program run the other character for you is against the rules. But using 2 separate screens(or even 2 windows not at full screen) you could watch both screens at once so you wouldn't be considered afk and could use the internal nostale ai for movement while inputting commands such as Holy Mage heal to heal your other account while fighting with your other account.

I only have 1 account myself but i tend to use the internal ai for movement a lot in a fight (locked onto an opponents and just click the attacks i want instead of walking around, if grinding I'll even use spacebar to auto target a next enemy if the closest thing is what i want to kill) so this type of controlling 2+ at once wouldn't be any different from what people already do(as long as they see both windows/screens at the same time, otherwise it would count as being afk as described in the rules[need to be watching the screen]).
    • Although even like that there will be few seconds where you are not controlling the other character, once you move to the other window to control your holy the other character will just have been left to attack the monster without you controlling it (As you will be on your holy healing your other character). That part is fine.
    • What if someone can use left handed mouse for one pc and right handed mouse on another pc (both mouse have hotkey)? Also, they can move on both pc at same time. xD (smaller monitor allows some players to view both chars at same time) Would this be exception Morgoth?