Pinned [Feedback thread] New Gameforge Master Account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't personally like the new gameforge account either. Firstly, by having all our accounts in one place, once you lose one account they are all lost...it seems gameforge have traded being more convenient to being less secure. Secondly, there isn't a way to swap accounts without completely reloading the game, which is a nightmare when you are only planning on doing quick things on several accounts (collecting daily rewards for example). I genuinely don't know why gameforge continuously wastes their time and money on things that don't need it...and seem to quite often make things worse. If they would at least check with the player base first, or even release trial versions and await feedback, the player base would be much happier with them and they'd stop wasting their time.
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

what ever we say they do what they only want, it feels like talking is waste of time.
      Actually in this case it does not apply (much) as we have forwarded lots of changes to them and most likely we will see most of them. Also lady sky is reading this thread every day (minus weekends) so she can let the developers know what needs to be fixed/changed.
    • Lady Sky wrote:

Q-Arch wrote:

Please make the remember me option unchecked, i need to uncheck it the whole time.

another thing: i need to confirm my email address for the second time now. I did this yesterday too.

and what happens if you make a typo in the mail adress? there doesnt seem to be a confirmation thing.

For some reason it doesnt feel secure.
      The first thing is already requested :)
      And that's weird, did you add another account?

And right now if you made a mistake (or typo) you would have to contact Gameforge support and they can help you, but I will bring this topic up so it's considered for the future :) Thank you!
      I think i pressed on "skip" so there isnt a problem about confirming email address.

In the company I work for we have a test environment for new software to implent in the system.
      I dont know if Gameforge is able to create a test environment, but it might be helpful.
    • ChocoMoko wrote:

Question, on my main account I open normally yeah, but if I want to open it through a multi client, will it be a problem? Because the kind of multi client i'm using is opening nostale automatically, I don't go through the gameforge process... Is that a problem or?
      As we already mentioned in the past, if the external software you use is not modifying the client in any way (only launching the game), we "tolerate" it (I say tolerate because technically according to the terms and conditions, external software is not allowed, but in this case normally they are only used to open the game). However, as it's external software, if you have issues we won't be able to assist you.

Immaculate wrote:

Will there be a Update for this? Because it has made it bad for the players. It's over complicated for no reason. The way we used to login was perfectly fine only thing you guys had to do was put a remember password button or a scroll tab that showed the serveral logins that you may have been using. Now if I want to log out of one character and use another I have to completely shut down nostale just to reopen another one. Why would someone need to go through so much stress for that when the old way of logging in was way easier? Will be another update?
      As already mentioned we are forwarding your feedback and yes, in any case this project will continue getting updates in the future :)

krazer21 wrote:

One of the biggest issue is that we cannot change character or re-login from the client. If we are disconnect from the server, the entire client shuts down. If we try to login back from disconnection, and our character is still stuck in the server, the client will tell us that our character is logged in and closes the client for every login attempt. Not being able to switch character without going through the 3 loading process (as one43 described) is clearly a design flaw too. I have never played a game that does not allow you to change account without completely exiting the program. NosTale application developer need to go back to school and relearn the basics of designing a user friendly application.
      Yes, I think that's the biggest issue especially for the US server (since there can be some disconnects when switching channels). The issue was reported and is being worked on.
      Will let you know if there are any news :)

Thank you all for the feedback!
    • Lady Sky wrote:

~Brendan~ wrote:

Good evening, after some minutes of configurating the accounts I am available of playing with my two accounts (main in normal way + secondary using sandboxes). It's really nice to have login all the time without the need to put user and pass all the time.

Now I found a problem: with my secondary account player has disconnected to change channel in US server, I got the same message as my accout is already in use. When I clicked the "OK" button, the game crashes without saying anything.

Hope this can be fixed. This idea is well thought, but needs to fix the essential - let the game not crash.
      See you soon.
      I guess this was happening before as well, but instead of crashing you just had to log in again? (you were basically getting disconnected)Anyway thank you for the feedback, we will report this issue :)
      Thank you @Lady Sky for answering me. Maybe I give you some cases as a feedback you can share with Gameforge / Entwell.

Case Number 1
      1. I log in with my main accout into any server channel.
      2. When I disconnect from the channel for some reason (reconnecting into the same channel or connecting into any channel of any server), I have some probability of getting disconnected from the server with the message "Your account is already in use".
      3. When I click the button "OK", the game window closes without any response and without any action to be performed.
      Note:
      • In the UK server, 1 in each 12 disconnections from the channel ends by being disconnected from the server.
      • In the US server, 1 in each 5 disconnections from the channel ends by being disconnected from the server.
      Case Number 2
      1. I log in with my main accout without connecting into any server channel.
      2. I let the window only showing me the servers/channels for selection.
      3. I wait between 5 into 10 minutes.
      4. If I select a channel from any server, I am disconnected from the server with the message "Your account is already in use".
      5. When I click the button "OK", the game window closes without any response and without any action to be performed.
      Note:
      • The question of being disconnected from the server is normal since it is the game default action like 10 years ago.
      • The game has never closed by default as now it does.
      Case Number 3
      2. I pick up the boat for moving into Glacernon / FC / Angel or Demon Citadel
      3. The boat leaves the Port Alvus after the remaining time.
      4. I watch the 5 seconds cutscene of the angel and the demon
      5. I have some probability of getting disconnected from the server with the message "Your account is already in use".
      6. When I click the button "OK", the game window closes without any response and without any action to be performed.
      Note:
      • In the UK server, being disconnected from the server has never happened to me.
      • In the US server, 1 in each 20 connections into Channel51 ends by being disconnected from the server.
      Case Number 4
      1. I am logged in.
      2. I has playing in the Glacernon / FC
      3. I disconnect from the channel.
      4. I connect into a random channel of the same server I was playing.
      5. I see the family hint / message as I am hoping to see the family hint / message again.
      6. I am disconnected from the server with the message "Your account is already in use".
      7. When I click the button "OK", the game window closes without any response and without any action to be performed.
      Note:
      • In the UK server, being disconnected from the server has never happened to me.
      • In the US server, 1 in each 8 connections into Channel51 ends by being disconnected from the server.
      Case Number 5
      2. I do anything in the channel (afk / killing mobs / doing raids / ...)
      3. Randomly I am disconnected from the server with the message "Your account is already in use".
      4. When I click the button "OK", the game window closes without any response and without any action to be performed.
      Note:
      • The question of being disconnected from the server has never been normal but I am used to it like 10 years ago.
      • The game has never closed by default as now it does.

I hope my feedback can be usefull. Thanks again for reading the game users.
      See you soon.
    • @~Brendan~ all those case you mention happens too much when connection is not good/not an stable and i use to have it to much, how ever it seem that they increase more than before and the game having big pressure in log in from many different player which make they system dead.
    • How's it going guys. So It's July 30th, been a month now.. Has there been any changes?
      As far as I'm concerned I'm not keen on merging all of my alts under one gameforge account. I'll keep them separate. I did experience the ' Account already in use ' problem.

I've got a question;

If I was to link all of my alts to my one gamerforge account, and try to use sandboxie or process explorer etc to open up another nos, will this log me out on my accounts that are under the >same< gamerforge account?

If so.. I guess it's better to keep them separate yeah? Cheers!

Edit:

So I linked my old UK main with my New US main, both to the same gameforge account. Rip. Is there an option to unlink one of those? o.o

Tyvm for the Epic Siggy Darkness !~
      Mage-josh218 Lv 90 |Rm +9|Holy +11| Bm +10|Dg+5|Volcano+5|Tl|Seer+Eight|Pirate +15|Chicken+14|Pj+13|Jaja+5
      Archer-Josh2180 Lv 84|Ranger + 5| Sin+13| Des|Wk +1|Scout|Pj +9
      Swordsman-YoshiXD Lv 78 |War + 6|Blade + 4|Sader + 10| Zerk +5|Glad|Pj +9
      Adventurer-Josh21801 Lv 70|Pirate +15|Pj +13

The post was edited 1 time, last by josh218 ().

• I'm not seeing an option to unlink my alt :/

Tyvm for the Epic Siggy Darkness !~
      Mage-josh218 Lv 90 |Rm +9|Holy +11| Bm +10|Dg+5|Volcano+5|Tl|Seer+Eight|Pirate +15|Chicken+14|Pj+13|Jaja+5
      Archer-Josh2180 Lv 84|Ranger + 5| Sin+13| Des|Wk +1|Scout|Pj +9
      Swordsman-YoshiXD Lv 78 |War + 6|Blade + 4|Sader + 10| Zerk +5|Glad|Pj +9
      Adventurer-Josh21801 Lv 70|Pirate +15|Pj +13