Pinned [Feedback thread] New Gameforge Master Account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FAQ wrote:

What is a Gameforge account and what are its advantages?

The Gameforge account is a master account, where you can gather accounts from multiple games, which then all use the same access details. That way, you’ll only have to remember one email address and one password. Advantages of the new Gameforge account:
      1. You can log in and easily access all your game accounts with just one email address and password.
      2. The new remember password function lets you login without having to recall your password with each login.
      3. You will be logged in automatically when you start the game.
      4. If you have multiple game accounts, you will be able to manage and access them all through your Gameforge account.
      5. You can create new accounts more easily and save them to your Gameforge account.

Did that cover you?
    • Morgoth wrote:

FAQ wrote:

The Gameforge account is a master account, where you can gather accounts from multiple games, which then all use the same access details. That way, you’ll only have to remember one email address and one password. Advantages of the new Gameforge account:
      1. You can log in and easily access all your game accounts with just one email address and password.
      2. The new remember password function lets you login without having to recall your password with each login.
      4. If you have multiple game accounts, you will be able to manage and access them all through your Gameforge account.
      5. You can create new accounts more easily and save them to your Gameforge account.

Did that cover you?
      means like nostale-elsword-soul worker?
      then this update count useless for me.
      i thought all my nostale accounts will be gathered in 1 email.
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

FAQ wrote:

Did that cover you?
      means like nostale-elsword-soul worker?then this update count useless for me.
      i thought all my nostale accounts will be gathered in 1 email.
      Logically that happens as well.
    • Good evening, after some minutes of configurating the accounts I am available of playing with my two accounts (main in normal way + secondary using sandboxes). It's really nice to have login all the time without the need to put user and pass all the time.

Now I found a problem: with my secondary account player has disconnected to change channel in US server, I got the same message as my accout is already in use. When I clicked the "OK" button, the game crashes without saying anything.

Hope this can be fixed. This idea is well thought, but needs to fix the essential - let the game not crash.
      See you soon.
    • ~Brendan~ wrote:

Good evening, after some minutes of configurating the accounts I am available of playing with my two accounts (main in normal way + secondary using sandboxes). It's really nice to have login all the time without the need to put user and pass all the time.

Now I found a problem: with my secondary account player has disconnected to change channel in US server, I got the same message as my accout is already in use. When I clicked the "OK" button, the game crashes without saying anything.

Hope this can be fixed. This idea is well thought, but needs to fix the essential - let the game not crash.
      See you soon.
      I guess this was happening before as well, but instead of crashing you just had to log in again? (you were basically getting disconnected)
      Anyway thank you for the feedback, we will report this issue :)
    • Please make the remember me option unchecked, i need to uncheck it the whole time.

another thing: i need to confirm my email address for the second time now. I did this yesterday too.

and what happens if you make a typo in the mail adress? there doesnt seem to be a confirmation thing.

For some reason it doesnt feel secure.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Q-Arch ().

• Q-Arch wrote:

Please make the remember me option unchecked, i need to uncheck it the whole time.

another thing: i need to confirm my email address for the second time now. I did this yesterday too.

and what happens if you make a typo in the mail adress? there doesnt seem to be a confirmation thing.

For some reason it doesnt feel secure.
      The first thing is already requested :)

And that's weird, did you add another account?

And right now if you made a mistake (or typo) you would have to contact Gameforge support and they can help you, but I will bring this topic up so it's considered for the future :) Thank you!
    • Question, on my main account I open normally yeah, but if I want to open it through a multi client, will it be a problem? Because the kind of multi client i'm using is opening nostale automatically, I don't go through the gameforge process... Is that a problem or?
    • Will there be a Update for this? Because it has made it bad for the players. It's over complicated for no reason. The way we used to login was perfectly fine only thing you guys had to do was put a remember password button or a scroll tab that showed the serveral logins that you may have been using. Now if I want to log out of one character and use another I have to completely shut down nostale just to reopen another one. Why would someone need to go through so much stress for that when the old way of logging in was way easier? Will be another update?
    • Honestly, I'm quite displeased. If there were a way to return to the old log in setup, I would.

@Immaculate has already described it quite well, in my opinion. What I truly dislike about this is that we got to exit the game whenever we wish to change the accounts, then get back in the game, which takes more time than simply typing another ID and PW.

Also, sometimes during the change of the channel, the message saying the account's already logged on would pop up. Then, the ID and PW should be rewritten in order to log in. That was alright, but if it were to happen now, would we simply face a client crash because there's no way to type the info in the game anymore?

To me, it seems to be more troublesome than organising or helpful.
    • @Immaulate i agree with your bro.
      how ever it seem like gameforge trying to stop the multi log in and let people feel like giving up, i need some 15min~20mil to do full log of 30 characters to push an FC and if 1 of the game crash out i have to wait 3min+ each character, what kind of system is this?all games getting new things and thats great but why when nostale get something new everything turn very very bad? i am more like game is kicking everybody out of game/company or what ever is it.
      gameforg or entwell or who ever the person in charge of nos should think milion time before releasing something new, if this keep the same trust me tell 2020 no one will be in nostale anymore!
    • One of the biggest issue is that we cannot change character or re-login from the client. If we are disconnect from the server, the entire client shuts down. If we try to login back from disconnection, and our character is still stuck in the server, the client will tell us that our character is logged in and closes the client for every login attempt. Not being able to switch character without going through the 3 loading process (as one43 described) is clearly a design flaw too. I have never played a game that does not allow you to change account without completely exiting the program. NosTale application developer need to go back to school and relearn the basics of designing a user friendly application.
    • Try setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP, in my case it stopped using the new launcher and it is using the old one again. Really useful stuff :D And if you want the new launcher again, just uncheck the compatibility box.

edit: I'm not using steam
    • Wow nostalgic name detected hi one43 and krazer XD welcome back!

that new login really inconvenient especially towards my error problem which havent been resolved yet and now i've to waste like 1 mins of my time..i think you guys should input a new config where the old login still be usable...not to mention the 3rd/ctr+0 skill bar most of us still not used to it yet...it's kinda hard to adapt to new things now especially for the oldies..