NosTale Community Discord Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NosTale Community Discord Server

Hello friends!

I created a Discord server with the aim to bring people from all different regions and families so that we can interact with each other outside of NosTale.

If you're eating dinner and there's a raid you want to join or FC is open, we will notify you! If you want to get some help for a TS, look for mobbing partners, or even guides for everything in the game, this is the place to be!

The Discord server comes with things like NosTale emotes, activity rewards, family roles (top 20 ranked families) and even misc stuff like music and gambling!

If you want to join here's the link: discord.gg/EaSWbtF

There is no requirement other than having your email verified and following the rules, which you can find in the server.

With regards,
      Jon "jonformed"
    • why you create it while ppl could use nostale IRC to chat?and yah FC raid meh it's outdated XD my fam created a group which will notify us much faster than discord XD...yes discord is a widely used platform for gamers, streamers etc..but i do agree with healersgod...and if you still want to use it use at your own risk cause most players who use it have multiple email accounts so they did not necessarily have use their main email.and well if that discord was created by GM's team i dont mind joining but if created by players i would think thrice about it.and for needing help in TS and mobs you can use forums :) that is what forums are for..instead i would use skype though is outdated and stuff well at least it is worth for privacy and stuff as ppl use it for business as well
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

having 100 different email dose not make since if you use all of it from same IP anyone can detect your info by email thats very simple, which lead this thread to be suspected.
      As far as I know, the owner of a Discord server has no access to your email, IP, etc.
      Of course Discord will have this information (if they use it for shady stuff or not I don't know), but at least I don't know how jon should get them.
      So the question here is if you want to use Discord at all or not; and this is for everyone to decide for himself.

invisible, you are right, this is not an official server created by the team, and of course no one should post his login or private data there.
      You will also not get any support from teamlers on this server (even though some teamlers who are also players might join); should anyone claim to be a teamler there and harass you or offer support please do not believe them.
    • TheHealersGod wrote:

Allow me to tell you and tell others THIS IS NOT SAFE AT ALL SINCE it requirement email thing.
      Someone close the Thread or remove it.

When he says email is required, he only means email to make a discord account. In order to join the discord server, you need to be invited by the Discord Server Manager - in this case Jon. The link he has given us is an invite to the server. Discord is a friendly and suitable gaming communication software and will allow chats and voice chats between players at any given time. Yours sincerely - thechampian1

• *edit*
      consider yourself warned XD..btw hackers films/movie in this world is not much..
      well i did not ask for closing thread but i have told you guys what i have to say so it is up to you i cant do anything anyway since it's your own risk..the video i gave is like the basic things i can find there's alot more things as well if you really gamers and considering using third party platform. google it out read the terms and conditions,consquences ppl have get etc...then decide which platform to use...as i said like skype is one of the 3rd party platform useable for gaming as well..
    • Do u know that every social app sell users data? that doesnt mean ur getting hacked, that is for learning about those users so when u google or see videos, ur adds will be one or another, if u think that i can go and tell discord hey, sell me invisiblemans data for hacking, and they sell it, ur really sick xD
    • invisibleman wrote:

*edit*
      consider yourself warned XD..btw hackers films/movie in this world is not much..
      well i did not ask for closing thread but i have told you guys what i have to say so it is up to you i cant do anything anyway since it's your own risk..the video i gave is like the basic things i can find there's alot more things as well if you really gamers and considering using third party platform. google it out read the terms and conditions,consquences ppl have get etc...then decide which platform to use...as i said like skype is one of the 3rd party platform useable for gaming as well..
      I removed the video due to some of the stuff in said video (not due to the discord issues part but the political and advertisement parts). I rather not allow the political parts of that video to hijack the thread. If the claims in that video are true I am sure there would be a ton more videos and complaints about discord than there is currently. I tried to search for more but most of what I found so far is just people mentioning the ToS and how it is very vague.

No one is being forced to use this unoffical server and as someone who uses discord I see no issues in people going in it to talk or try to get raids ect. Just do not use it as you would use IRC. The staff will not be able to give you any help in discord like they do in IRC. Like with any other site/program do not give our your username and password to anyone.
    • well did you know they sell it and if your CC no and stuff linked to that account they will be considered as viewable to the buyer not the pin code but everything can be done with only CC no if you dont know...that's why as i was saying the streamer/player use their 2nd email for this kind of stuff...and btw once they purchase it they may send junk mail or whateva email to you and the rest you know it without me saying it out..

ya XD he did say political stuff which i tottally ignored that haha as i only focusing on discord...uhh i think you are able to see more videos on that?not only in youtube...try google it in thread and stuff...i know ToS is necessary for this kind of marketing stuff but there's more to it..there's a ppl that have been spied on if they have webcam..try google it out there's tons of thread of that...yep that's what i was saying IRC is still the best compared to discord..

The post was edited 1 time, last by invisibleman ().

• TheHealersGod wrote:

Allow me to tell you and tell others THIS IS NOT SAFE AT ALL SINCE it requirement email thing.
      Someone close the Thread or remove it.
      Maybe I didn't make is clear. Discord is an "All-in-one voice and text chat for games that's free, secure and works on both your desktop and phone." - quoted from the Discord website over at discordapp.com/. The reason why I said your email needs to be verified is to stop people from just creating accounts and just trolling/breaking rules before getting banned.

I mean no harm, an I don't think that I need to justify myself but I am because it seems that you may have not heard of Discord before. I've been using Discord for roughly 2 years and I've met many people from many different placed from fan-clubs, to my IRL friends, and even just gaming/community hubs. My aim with this Discord is to make a community hub with the focus of NosTale. I've made many Discord servers before, like my streaming Discord server (which is now dead), and a League of Legends community hub, which still stands at 150+ members. I'm just here to meet more people and make friend :)

Sorry if it wasn't clear,
      Jon "jonformed"
    • @jonformed Thank you for your idea and time, I know from other communities of other games that they also have a Discord-Server.

Discord is widely used by gamers and requires a valid email to make an account, I would call it a mix of TeamSpeak and Skype and I would consider it 'save' - as far as we can tell that nowadays with all the data-collecting stuff going on (talking mainly about Google, Facebook,...).

As Nandus said: It's a nice idea for some communication, but there's also the IRC to do this job. And even if some Team-Member might join you will probably not notice, which doesn't matter since we can't help you there anyway, that's what the ticket system and the IRC is for.
      Out of experience: Most people will mute the server to not get permanently highlighted and nobody will ever use the voice-chats - that's what I've seen in previous Discord-Server regarding Nostale.

Signature by Flaith
    • Frostwolf wrote:

@jonformed Thank you for your idea and time, I know from other communities of other games that they also have a Discord-Server.

Discord is widely used by gamers and requires a valid email to make an account, I would call it a mix of TeamSpeak and Skype and I would consider it 'save' - as far as we can tell that nowadays with all the data-collecting stuff going on (talking mainly about Google, Facebook,...).

As Nandus said: It's a nice idea for some communication, but there's also the IRC to do this job. And even if some Team-Member might join you will probably not notice, which doesn't matter since we can't help you there anyway, that's what the ticket system and the IRC is for.
      Out of experience: Most people will mute the server to not get permanently highlighted and nobody will ever use the voice-chats - that's what I've seen in previous Discord-Server regarding Nostale.
      For making Disocrd servers, this is mostly true, I don't intend for people to really use voice-chat as much, but I want people to interact with each other. With a lot of luck (much like most aspects of NosTale), I think I'd be able to make some use of it through my experience with Discord as well as the game itself.

I'll try my best to make sure that this Discord isn't like the other ones.