alternative gold sources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• alternative gold sources

as ic is being complained about again, main reason being its a source of gold, made this thread for ppl to make suggestions for new ways to get gold etc, my suggestion to get things going is, we have a daily log in reward system, why not also make a daily lotto to go with it, either pick numbers yourself or have lucky dip, and simply have gold rewards but find a way to make it 1 acc per ip in order for it to work.
    • You get about 80-150k in an IC, depending on level and on your luck with grabbing stuff.
      With some of the many methods there are to get gold, some of which Aard already mentioned, you would get the same amount much faster (e.g. one Glace box is worth more, and the raid is normally faster than an IC).

The problem with IC is that you can get something even when you are sitting around doing nothing.
      And your suggestion would even increase that, you would give away more gold for free.
      Looking at the suggestion section, there are multiple suggestions to get gold out of the system, because inflation is a topic in Nostale, so why would you want to pump in even more?
      That would only result in gold becoming totally worthless; which would of course be interesting ("I'm trading Cuby-Boxes for full moons, 1:5!"), but would of course also create lots of problems, especially for new players.

Legendary17 wrote:

but find a way to make it 1 acc per ip in order for it to work.
      And here we have the best argument against your suggestion. You already noticed that this will cause people to create tons of multis to get prices, because gold can be traded and is not limited to the account.
      You make it sound easy, but it is not; I'd say it is almost impossible to make such a thing work (unless you strongly restrict the players privacy to be able to uniquely identify the person behind the screen...).
      Once per IP? Just unplug your router, plug it back in and you have a new IP.
      Oh, and what about family or friends playing together in the same house/university/...? Do you suggest that only one of them is able to get the reward?
    • That wont work just for one reasons that @Nandus already said:

What about REAL Familys who play in one house together with same ip? Would not be fair only 1 can use this Lotto thingi.
      And otherwise: multiaccount abuse incomming.

I dont like it sorry.
      And as also said by others: There are many ways in nostale to beome a "rich ass" lol.
      You just have to play - i mean its a game.... Why people always want the stuff for free or only "1 klick"? Thats hilarious.
      Use ur time to make money. If u dont want - u dont deserve it.
    • Aard wrote:

What about playing this game, doing raids, minigames and farming mats like everyone else does instead of asking free money... seriously, why so much entitlement
      umm you probably dont know me ingame but i have probably most gold on uk server, if read full post this thread was made because of ic complaints but as usuall any post i make is turned on me and made into a lets bash tay post, i dont think either replies read full post too see its for suggestions around and ingame issue tha keeps appearing on forum, yes i highlighted about multi acc's but 1 way around it would be making it maybe once a week with same set up as adven callender preventing ppl cheating. be nice if more suggestions rather than lets bash tay posts as usuall. if we in bashing mood pls learn to read nd understand
    • I suppose they could allow fresh SPs to be sold to NPCs. Each SP could have its own inherent value added, such as SP3 being worth more than 1mil(because the quest costs 1mil) and SP4 being worth more than 3mil.

Only real question would be how cheap to make SP1 since you only run 4 timespace, no collecting anything.
    • Lol,from a thread that was discussing grief play in IC,the conclusion was to remove the IC entirely instead of making a rule to punish those that lure tons of mobs intentionally to kill the rest of the players which is OBVIOUSLY Grief play.
      Anyway,why don't change the ic,like everyone that kills a mob gets extra gold,sponsor people to be active during IC,and not remove it.

Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Anyway,why don't change the ic,like everyone that kills a mob gets extra gold,sponsor people to be active during IC,and not remove it.
      Because then it would have the same problem people have in Caligor and FC raids, they try to help but their damage is so far below the higher levels with them that they get nothing.(80s in the 80-99 IC)
    • Ruff wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

Because then it would have the same problem people have in Caligor and FC raids, they try to help but their damage is so far below the higher levels with them that they get nothing.(80s in the 80-99 IC)
      I said "extra gold" for them meaning the drops and the gold reward at the end would remain intact.

• There is an easy way
      All rewards except money in the end should be dropped by monsters
      People will need to form groups and fight in order to loot

RULE NO.1
      Whoever hit first will get loot
      This always works

In this way players are forced to stand around instead of sitting together
      This will be important as no one will protect the afkers
      And also, it encourage players to join ic in other ch

For the problem of multi-account
      Please ask the developer to raise up the minimum system requirement(I MEAN FPS)
      i5-6500 for easy 15 clients? That's insane
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Ruff wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

I said "extra gold" for them meaning the drops and the gold reward at the end would remain intact.
      That only increases gold gain from IC.... Does nothing to minimize free gold. I thought one of the main reasons for removing IC(what this thread is really about) is to remove free gold gain.

If your proposal removed free gold gain and made people actually kill stuff in IC for gold it wouldn't be free anymore, but like i said would have the same problems as caligor/FC raids.

So that'd just be more reason to remove it.
    • well im not really sure about supporting this idea or not first of all IC is not only about money.the mats such as woa,fm is there as well to improve sp i know in populated serv they dont care about fm as ppl can play mini for payments but for non populated server fm is hard to farm minigames 20x lvl 5 can at least get you like 14 or so without double reward/playing it in alt mini..2nd what about potion that you use to convert to fps?where do you get it other than ic and ts that only give it as special reward and i know you can hunt it from mimic XD*if you knew what i meant*

yes like ruff said i am one of those guys hit in cali and fc most of the times i cant even get 1k to get box..

afkers is the most concern in populated server but in non-populated serv i feel it's kinda cool right now they afk until last wave and then you can see the HM,AM or other sp doing their job well after afk so idk if they are alt or not but they are contributing to win ic i know some are not but it's like 2-3 of em as i have seen so far...

not to mention in 1 day 12 ic our server i think the ic that managed to do with alot of ppl and succeed only 6-7 times.The rest of the times is either not enough player or end in first few rounds that is if you get lucky that strong player are online to help tank..so complaining about ic is not a right time to discuss right now i guess..
    • Ruff wrote:

for removing IC(what this thread is really about)
      No, this thread is about the fact that everyone else is always making more gold than me (insert angry ranting smiley here).
      But of course that can't be solved by introducing even more gold into the system, and also not by removing a gold source.
      Yes, IC is relatively free gold, if you are lucky and get into a good one, where there are enough active players killing everything fast and actually winning (and we all know that this is not always the case).
      And still, it is not much. On US, a relatively new server, you can get much more gold by farming, playing minigames,... that time instead of sitting in IC; and this will just increase the older the server gets.
    • this thread is for suggestions to alternatives from ic, as ic issues crop up too often on here, yet no 1 is suggesting ideas, just making it a discussion on free gold, i personally havent been ic for 3 yrs as it serves no purpose for me, another suggestion would be make ic so its multiple maps and you fight through them, and add a debuff that drains hp, which is only countered by hitting/killing mobs
    • Legendary17 wrote:

this thread is for suggestions to alternatives from ic, as ic issues crop up too often on here, yet no 1 is suggesting ideas, just making it a discussion on free gold, i personally havent been ic for 3 yrs as it serves no purpose for me, another suggestion would be make ic so its multiple maps and you fight through them, and add a debuff that drains hp, which is only countered by hitting/killing mobs
      I did make a suggestion.... Selling fresh SPs to NPCs
    • Ruff wrote:

Legendary17 wrote:

this thread is for suggestions to alternatives from ic, as ic issues crop up too often on here, yet no 1 is suggesting ideas, just making it a discussion on free gold, i personally havent been ic for 3 yrs as it serves no purpose for me, another suggestion would be make ic so its multiple maps and you fight through them, and add a debuff that drains hp, which is only countered by hitting/killing mobs
      I did make a suggestion.... Selling fresh SPs to NPCs
      Omg,you can't be serious for God sake.Wating 1 year to get an ice mage just to sell for 1 mil.Hell no.
      Just leave the ic alone please.