Shells

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I wanted to make a post on this topic for some time, maybe now's the right time.

I strongly recommend you to look for a shell with undisturbed casting cuz in pve/pvp alot things can easily prevent your casting. In addition, skills cost mana and your mana is drained even if you are interrupted. Secondly, I recommend going for that elemental build in your SPs to get as much elemental damage as possible. Mages can't crit ( excl. DG) so going for high atk is unreasonable for pve (except for DG, and dont mix dis wif pvp pls) if it costs you elemental dmg. Thus I strongly recommend 10+ Property SL shell and, if you are rich enough, overall SL more than 7. Going for HP/MP does the trick only if you have nice equipment and a high elemental damage already.
      Healer mentioned in his post that a shell with increased damage to lower society monster and undead is useful in LoD but as I know there are no undead creatures in fc raids and all bosses there are monsters. NOT SURE about increased elemental property in shells cuz I didn't really notice much dmg difference with and without it. If anyone knows better, explain it to me pls.
      In legendary rarity (r7) shells there is an "increased dmg to high level monster" or smthn like that, it works on bosses in fc and Burning Sword act raids ( Kertos/Vala/Greni) and some low level raids like Cuby and Castra.
      So, all in all, for now I suggest you to look for:

Undisturbed while casting (Staff only)
      Increased SL property 10+
      Increased damage to evil/monsters/undead, more than 5% to be significant
      If you have enough gold, also look for:
      Overall SL stat 7+ ( for secondary weapon)
      AND/OR
      Increased dmg to high society monsters (for primary weapon)
      OR MAYBE EVEN
      Increased relative damage, more/less 7-8% (also primary weapon)

P.S. Such shells cost alot. It'll be difficult to find one with one's low budget.
    • Jekyll wrote:

I wanted to make a post on this topic for some time, maybe now's the right time.

I strongly recommend you to look for a shell with undisturbed casting cuz in pve/pvp alot things can easily prevent your casting. In addition, skills cost mana and your mana is drained even if you are interrupted. Secondly, I recommend going for that elemental build in your SPs to get as much elemental damage as possible. Mages can't crit ( excl. DG) so going for high atk is unreasonable for pve (except for DG, and dont mix dis wif pvp pls) if it costs you elemental dmg. Thus I strongly recommend 10+ Property SL shell and, if you are rich enough, overall SL more than 7. Going for HP/MP does the trick only if you have nice equipment and a high elemental damage already.
      Healer mentioned in his post that a shell with increased damage to lower society monster and undead is useful in LoD but as I know there are no undead creatures in fc raids and all bosses there are monsters. NOT SURE about increased elemental property in shells cuz I didn't really notice much dmg difference with and without it. If anyone knows better, explain it to me pls.
      In legendary rarity (r7) shells there is an "increased dmg to high level monster" or smthn like that, it works on bosses in fc and Burning Sword act raids ( Kertos/Vala/Greni) and some low level raids like Cuby and Castra.
      So, all in all, for now I suggest you to look for:

Undisturbed while casting (Staff only)
      Increased SL property 10+
      Increased damage to evil/monsters/undead, more than 5% to be significant
      If you have enough gold, also look for:
      Overall SL stat 7+ ( for secondary weapon)
      AND/OR
      Increased dmg to high society monsters (for primary weapon)
      OR MAYBE EVEN
      Increased relative damage, more/less 7-8% (also primary weapon)

P.S. Such shells cost alot. It'll be difficult to find one with one's low budget.
      Ths so much for you help!Now I undrestand more of that world, So I just go ele and hp/mp? or I should put some points in attack? Also I saw the black stone res saying it increases All energies by50, what it means?
      Fell the sugar rush! :P
    • You should go for ele, then atk and the least is hp/mp. Defense is not worth it.
      Making a SP build with numbers that can be divided by 10 is a good decision, because every 10 points you receive a bonus. Thus, you will gain more and not waste your points.
      For example, you can go with high element + middle atk and low hp/mp. This is more or less balanced build for mages, I think.
      I don't really know much about mages cuz I don't like it as a damage dealing class. It's only superb as a support class for me.

Baellona wrote:

Also I saw the black stone res saying it increases All energies by50, what it means?
      Well if you check your skills, they all have certain element damage. Increase of all energies by 50 means that +50 will be added to skills' elemental damage. So, energy = element here.
    • there is a search function if you guys can try...also try asking fam mems.
      in general for mage:
      undisturb, enh dmg, ele energy, ele prop, sl atk/prop/ene
      if you have a high concen. then u wont get disturbed --> volc never gets disturbed at 90+ i think

archer:
      same thing except no undist, and replace with crit dmg.